• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Marathon Saturday

KidWithTheGoldenArmaldo

Trust me, I'm the Doctor.
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet, but Cartoon Network is showing a Pokemon Marathon next Saturday. Is anyone gonna watch it? It's starting on Cartoon Network at 10:30A Eastern Time.

Lineup

Pokemon Chronicles
Legend of Thunder, Part 1

Pokemon Chronicles
Legend of Thunder, Part 2

Pokemon Chronicles
Legend of Thunder, Part 3

Pokemon Master Quest
Entei At Your Own Risk

Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unown

I can't wait. I don't think the Pokemon Chronicles episodes have ever aired in the US, so that is a very big plus for me. Not to mention, I liked the 3rd Pokemon movie. I saw Gold in the previews so it'll be cool seeing him in the anime.

What about you guys? Are you excited? Are you going to watch it?

EDIT: I was wrong. Chronicles has aired in the US before, I was just left out of it. I missed so much as a child. :-(

Last edited:
They are sort of late on the Johto promotion sadly...
I want to try to catch the movie but the other two are sorta meh to me.

They are sort of late on the Johto promotion sadly...

But not too late to start advertising the legendary beasts, who're getting an event soon.

It might be that they're going for. These episodes are all very beast-centric.

I am so excited, even though these episodes and the 3rd movie can be accessed online, it is a pleasure to relive them on the TV screen. I loved the Chronicles, and the 3rd movie.

I especially can't wait to see Misty's battle with Molly on the big screen, that is probably my favorite part of the movie. Misty rocked in that battle. :)

Yeah, they aired all the Pokemon Chronicles episodes sometime in 2006, I think. ^^

I remember, cause I was going to college at the time. It was funny, because our student lounge had a TV that was always tuned to Cartoon Network. And I loved watching Pokemon in there, haha. XD

What about you guys? Are you excited? Are you going to watch it?
Heck yes!!

I love the Master Quest season, and Pokemon 3 The Movie, so I'll definitely be watching this marathon!! :-D

However, since I watched The Legend of Raikou special the first time CN aired it, I may or may not decide to watch that. I mean, I thought it was pretty cool. So yeah, if I decide not to sleep in (xD), I may watch The Legend of Raikou. ^^

But anyway, what interests me most about this marathon is, of course, that one Master Quest episode and Pokemon 3. =)

This is odd. Indeed, why would they feature the beasts in this fashion? (Although they're excluding Suicune) It seems kinda random.

They aired in the US a while back, nothing new. :p

Yeah, they aired all the Pokemon Chronicles episodes sometime in 2006, I think. ^^

I remember, cause I was going to college at the time. It was funny, because our student lounge had a TV that was always tuned to Cartoon Network. And I loved watching Pokemon in there, haha. XD

Heck yes!!

I love the Master Quest season, and Pokemon 3 The Movie, so I'll definitely be watching this marathon!! :-D

However, since I watched The Legend of Raikou special the first time CN aired it, I may or may not decide to watch that. I mean, I thought it was pretty cool. So yeah, if I decide not to sleep in (xD), I may watch The Legend of Raikou. ^^

But anyway, what interests me most about this marathon is, of course, that one Master Quest episode and Pokemon 3. =)

I didn't know that. It makes me sad that I missed so much. T.T
I used to go to this summer retreat where when stayed in college dorms when I was younger and the TV there was also always set on Cartoon Network. That could have mainly been due to the large amount of kids there though. :laugh:

I am so excited, even though these episodes and the 3rd movie can be accessed online, it is a pleasure to relive them on the TV screen. I loved the Chronicles, and the 3rd movie.

I especially can't wait to see Misty's battle with Molly on the big screen, that is probably my favorite part of the movie. Misty rocked in that battle. :)

I can remember nothing about the 3rd Movie except for the part where they're running up the crystals stairs. They may not have even been stairs. Yeah, my memory's that bad. All the more reason I am excited to be able to see the 3rd movie again.

But not too late to start advertising the legendary beasts, who're getting an event soon.

Really? Are we getting said event? When is it?

I didn't know that. It makes me sad that I missed so much. T.T
Aww, don't feel bad. At least you get to watch this awesome marathon on Saturday!! ^_^

And yeah, I know how you feel about missing out on stuff. D:

Personally, I feel bad about not having Boomerang, because they never released DVD boxsets for seasons 3 and 4 of Johto. And, when they finally reair those seasons (the last time they aired was when KidsWB originally aired them years ago), it turns out I can't watch 'em, because I don't have Boomerang. Oh well, that's just my luck. =/

Really? Are we getting said event? When is it?

It's not been announced, but since the event beasts are connected to a very important BW in-game event, I can't imagine they'd skip it.

But yeah, the absence of Suicune IS odd. They should've replaced the Entei episode with that Ho-oh/Suicune episode.

It's not been announced, but since the event beasts are connected to a very important BW in-game event, I can't imagine they'd skip it.

But yeah, the absence of Suicune IS odd. They should've replaced the Entei episode with that Ho-oh/Suicune episode.

yeah, that is odd. Hmm, doesn't Suicune appear more often throughout the Johto season?

yeah, that is odd. Hmm, doesn't Suicune appear more often throughout the Johto season?

Aside from that 10-second scene in the first episode and a relatively minor role in the 4th movie, it only appeared in that episode. It also got a DP episode.

Yep. Suicune appears in the first episode of Johto Journeys, "Don't Touch That 'Dile". ^^

And then, Suicune appears in Pokemon 4Ever, which is set during the Johto League Champions season.

After that, Suicune appears in, "For Ho-oh The Bells Toll" from season 5, Master Quest.

EDIT: Darn... Adamant beat me to it. XD

And yeah, Suicune also appeared in that D/P episode. Although, I didn't care much for that particular episode, lol.

Last edited:
I live in Britain, but I'm not missing much, as the entire Chronicles series is on dvd here, seeing as it was mostly airing here.

I think all I am watching of this is the third Pokemon movie. Legend Of Thunder is kind of meh for me, more for Team Rocket's fans than anyone. Plus the Johto episode is not one of my favorites. Pokemon 3 The Movie is my second favorite behind Pokemon The Movie 2000 especially because the battles focused on everyone and not just Ash despite it having something of a dark plot.

Adamant said:

And don't forget, they play a big role in the third Pokemon Ranger game as well. That could be part of it.

Though the fact that they're playing that Entei episode in addition to the third movie is odd.

Could the contest on the official Pokemon website have anything to do with this marathon? A particular sweepstakes that is current and has been promoted a lot recently could hold more of a candle here than the release of a specific Pokemon Ranger game in a few weeks.

^That's a good possibility, also I wanted to enter the sweepstakes but I for some reason can't find the right link to enter.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom