• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Master 8

Eevee800

Previous known as KenzeyEevee
Reaction score
Which pokemon would you give each Master 8 member? How would you make the Tournament? Cynthia, Lance, Raihan and Leon. Who are the four other members. Discuss!

Three. Ash has to be one of them to fight Leon, so there's only three open slots.
Why did they already introduced 4 members then? What is the point of that?

I think he’ll battle Cynthia, Raihan and Leon. Not sure on format, but I’m guessing Leon and maybe Raihan will be 6v6s. For Cynthia I can imagine Lucario being his ace, then Dragonite for Raihan and ofc Pikachu for Leon.

As for the other members, maybe Steven, Diantha, Brandon and Mustard?

I think that the remaining four Masters 8 are Steven, Diantha, Melony, and Piers. Steven and Diantha because they're Champions, and Melony and Piers because in the games they both give Raihan a tough time in battle, and since Raihan is Leon's rival it makes sense for Melony and Piers to be among the strongest trainers in the world alongside those two.

As for everyone's Pokemon teams, here's what I'd personally like to see everyone use:

Steven:
  • Cradilly
  • Armaldo
  • Skarmory
  • Corviknight (his go-to Gigantamaxer)
  • Aggron (his go-to Z-Move user)
  • Metagross (his go-to Mega Evolver)

Diantha:
  • Gourgeist
  • Florges
  • Goodra
  • Mimikyu (her go-to Z-Move user)
  • Hatterenne (her go-to Gigantamaxer)
  • Gardevoir (her go-to Mega Evolver)

Piers:
  • Thievul
  • Scrafty
  • Malamar
  • Skuntank
  • Toxtricity (unlike the other Masters 8, Piers refuses to use any of the battle gimmicks in fights out of his sense of pride, but his Toxtricity does have access to its Gigantamax form)
  • Obstagoon

Melony:
  • Galarian Darmanitan
  • Esicue
  • Frosmoth
  • Alolan Ninetales (her go-to Z-Move user)
  • Glalie (her go-to Mega Evolver)
  • Lapras (her go-to Gigantamaxer)

Cynthia:
  • Spiritomb
  • Milotic
  • Porygon-Z (c’mon people, it’s been over two decades. It’s time to lift this ridiculous ban of the Porygon family, and what better way to remove their unfair curse than by being used by one of the most popular Champions?)
  • Grimmsnarl (her go-to Gigantamaxer, thanks @Rainbow-Rain for the suggestion XD)
  • Kommo-o (her go-to Z-Move user)
  • Garchomp (her go-to Mega Evolver)

Raihan:
  • Noivern
  • Drampa
  • Turtonator
  • Tyranitar (his go-to Mega Evolver)
  • Flygon (his go-to Z-Move user)
  • Duraludon (his go-to Gigantamaxer)

Lance:
  • Gyarados
  • Altaria
  • Salamence
  • Aerodactyl (his go-to Mega Evolver)
  • Flapple/Appletun (his go-to Gigantamaxer)
  • Dragonite (his go-to Z-Move user)

Leon:
  • Falinks
  • Tyrantrum
  • Dragapult
  • Alolan Raichu (his go-to Z-Move user)
  • Swampert (his go-to Mega Evolver)
  • Charizard (his go-to Gigantamaxer)

I think that the remaining four Masters 8 are Steven, Diantha, Melony, and Piers. Steven and Diantha because they're Champions, and Melony and Piers because in the games they both give Raihan a tough time in battle, and since Raihan is Leon's rival it makes sense for Melony and Piers to be among the strongest trainers in the world alongside those two.

As for everyone's Pokemon teams, here's what I'd personally like to see everyone use:

Steven:
  • Cradilly
  • Armaldo
  • Skarmory

Diantha:
  • Gourgeist
  • Florges
  • Goodra

Piers:
  • Thievul
  • Scrafty
  • Malamar
  • Skuntank
  • Toxtricity (unlike the other Masters 8, Piers refuses to use any of the battle gimmicks in fights out of his sense of pride, but his Toxtricity does have access to its Gigantamax form)
  • Obstagoon

Melony:
  • Galarian Darmanitan
  • Esicue
  • Frosmoth

Cynthia:
  • Spiritomb
  • Milotic
  • Porygon-Z (c’mon people, it’s been over two decades. It’s time to lift this ridiculous ban of the Porygon family, and what better way to remove their unfair curse than by being used by one of the most popular Champions?)
  • Grimmsnarl (her go-to Gigantamaxer, thanks @Rainbow-Rain for the suggestion XD)

Raihan:
  • Noivern
  • Drampa
  • Turtonator
Lance:
  • Gyarados
  • Altaria
  • Salamence

Leon:
  • Falinks
  • Tyrantrum
  • Dragapult
Interesting choices! Tho mine:

Number 1 Leon:

-Charizard (G-max)
-Dragapult
-Feraligatr
-Absol
-Luxray
-Telonflame

Number 2 Lance:
-Dragonite
-Gyarados
-Kingdra
-Druddigon
-Noivern
-Hydreigon

Number 3 Cynthia:
-Garchomp
-Kommo-o
-Vanilluxe
-Gastrodon
-Typhlosion
-Boltund

Number 4 Steven:
-Metagross
-Copperajah
-Aegislash
-Klinklang
-Bronzong
-Steelix

Number 5 Anabel:
-Espeon
-Musharna
-Meowstic (female)
-Oranguru
-Lunatone
-Grumpig

Number 6 Diantha:
-Gardevoir
-Clefable
-Lopunny
-Gothitelle
-Delphox
-Tsareena

Number 7 Raihan:
-Duraludon
-Goodra
-Altaria
-Drampa
-Salamence
-Flygon.

Number 8 Giovanni:
-Persian
-Swampert
-Hippowdon
-Seismitoad
-Venusaur
-Mudsdale

Steven:
  • Cradilly
  • Armaldo
  • Skarmory

Diantha:
  • Gourgeist
  • Florges
  • Goodra

Piers:
  • Thievul
  • Scrafty
  • Malamar
  • Skuntank
  • Obstagoon

Melony:
  • Galarian Darmanitan
  • Esicue
  • Frosmoth

Cynthia:
  • Spiritomb
  • Milotic

Raihan:
  • Noivern
  • Drampa
  • Turtonator

Lance:
  • Gyarados
  • Altaria
  • Salamence

Leon:
  • Falinks
  • Tyrantrum
  • Dragapult

Would personally swap Melony for Kabu (Since his League Card implies he is Champion material).

There are currently 4 open slots, as Ash is currently not in the Masters 8 and as such doesn't count as a Masters 8 member yet. He has to defeat one in order to enter (Which is most likely gonna be Raihan).

I don't think Raihan will be the person needs to defeat to become part of Masters 8.

Raihan was mentioned to be on position 7 in the Coronation Series. So, I think Ash will defeat the person in the position 8 to enter Masters 8.

Yeah, there's definitely going to be some more champs since Cynthia and Lance are here. I can totally see Steven here, and Diantha since she's popular and powerful enough.

I like the idea of Meloni and Peirs being in it...thought I'm not so sure...

Yeah, there's definitely going to be some more champs since Cynthia and Lance are here. I can totally see Steven here, and Diantha since she's popular and powerful enough.

I like the idea of Meloni and Peirs being in it...thought I'm not so sure...
I would rather have Brandon or Anabel than Melony and Piers in the PWC

Me, I have to wonder if at least one Elite 4 member is part of the Master 8 since they're already a middle ground between Gym Leader and Champion anyway... :unsure:

Me, I have to wonder if at least one Elite 4 member is part of the Master 8 since they're already a middle ground between Gym Leader and Champion anyway... :unsure:
We have Lance, but that is it. We havent seen ONE ELITE FOUR in the Hyperclass/Great Class.

I think we won't see 8th member. They will be only 7 people and Ash will join as 8th member and 8th member who is before Ash will be a mystery for discussing in the future.
Leon
Lance
Cynthia
Raihan
Ash?

Other are my wish and a bit fanfic.
Elite 4 Karen can be a good candidate with dark type pokémon party.
Than Kanto Champion Green who defeats Ash in his 4th Hyper Class match and becomes his new rival. She has jigglypuff for her sing-sleep-defeat tactics but her real ace is Mega Venusaur.
Lastly a legendary top coordinator can be good. Wallace is suitable.

Would personally swap Melony for Kabu (Since his League Card implies he is Champion material).
Well, not exactly. It says that he came close to becoming Champion in the past. Afterwards, Kabu fell so hard that he even got demoted to the minor league at one point. Kabu did pick himself back up, but it's clear that he's not as strong as he used to be, even though he's still tough enough to act as the first truly difficult challenge in Galar's major league. Melony on the other hand is explicitly shown to consistently kick Raihan's butt in the present day, and I'm personally going with current power rankings and performances for my choices of Masters 8. Otherwise I would have made Opal (who is very heavily implied to have outright been Champion back in her heyday according to Mustard's card) one of the Masters 8 too.

Besides, if Kabu is made one of the Masters 8 that'd leave Cynthia and Diantha as the only female trainers ranked as strongest in the world, and I'd like for there to be more than just two tough ladies...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom