High Score Event: Water-Type Masters.
Water-Type Masters is the first in a new event format for Pokémon Masters EX. In High Score Events, players will aim to score the highest amount possible within a set of five battles. Water-Type Masters will see players facing off against a gauntlet of Water-type Sync Pairs, including Misty, Marlon, Lana, Nessa, and Archie. By completing battles in this event and achieving a higher total score, players will be able to earn a variety of rewards, including 5★ Power-Ups, Certificates of Excellence, and Move Candy Coins. Players can also obtain Gems x100, Water Tome, Vol. 1 x120, and Water Codex, Vol. 1 x120 as first-time rewards for completing each battle. Water-Type Masters will run through to July 24th, at 10:59pm (PDT).
Each High Score Event comes with a set of Event Rules that apply to all battles, and serve as a set of conditions to evaluate how players have completed each battle. The ratings on each of these rules determine the player's base score for each battle. The rules for Water-Type Masters are as follows:
- Time trial - Players will obtain a higher score the faster a player completes a battle.
- More stat increases -Players will obtain a higher score the more times all allied sync pairs' stats have been raised in total when a battle is completed. For sync pairs whose HP dropped to 0 during the battle, the number of stat increases that sync pair had when they were knocked out will be counted.
- More attacks - Players will obtain a higher score the more total times all allied sync pairs land attacks.
- Main Character: 1 or more Pairs - Players will receive a bonus 1,000 to their base score by forming a team with 1 or more characters with the Main Character theme
- Confusion: 1 or more times - Players will receive a bonus 1,000 to their base score by inflicting the Confusion condition on an opponent 1 or more times.
- 0 Pairs: x0 Score
- 1 Pair: x1 Score
- 2 Pairs: x2 Score
- 3 Pairs: x3 Score
As might be expected from something named a High Score Event, a ranking feature will also be included, similar to the Legendary Gauntlet, allowing players to see how well they've done against other trainers. Players whose Best Score is within the top 10,000 spots at the end of the event will be awarded Master Rank, receiving a special Medal as a general mission reward. Final Ranking Results will only be anounced after the event has concluded, from July 26th, at 11:00pm (PDT), and will remain available until August 2nd, at 10:59pm (PDT).
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- Area info completion data will not be carried over the next time this event returns.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- It may take some time for rankings to be updated, meaning the in-game rankings may not reflect the most recent results.
- Battles finished after the event period ends may not be reflected in the rankings.
This co-op battles event, which allows players to obtain 3★ Water-Type Gear, will be available until July 24th at 10:59pm (PDT).
In this event, Trainers can obtain a full range of 3★ Water-Type gear, including the 3★ Water Bandanna, 3★ Water Bracelet, and 3★ Water Pin, by completing co-op battles together with other Trainers. The gear can be received both as event battle rewards, and as exchanges from the Event tab of the Exchange Items menu. Gear upgrade items will also be available to upgrade these new 3★ Gear, with Water Scissors, Water Thread and Water Needles used to upgrade the Bandanna, Bracelet and Pin respectively. These upgrade items can be obtained by exchanging associated 1★-3★ gear. More upgrade items will be received for gear with more ★s, higher levels, or more level caps unlocked.
After this event is over, the new gear will continue to be obtainable from the General tab of the Exchange Items menu, starting from July 31st, at 10:59pm (PDT).
Players wanting to participate in this event should note the following:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Interlude 1: Let the Tournament Begin! in single-player. This interlude can be completed after players complete Main Story: Chapter 10 in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those which can actually be obtained by players.
- Players cannot take on this event area with 3 teams comprised of only their own Sync Pairs.
- The number of plays available for Daily Bonus Battle 1 are reset every day at 11:00pm (PDT)
- When the exchange period for the vouchers obtained in this event ends, leftover vouchers will be converted into coins (10 coins per voucher) and sent to each player's Present Box.
Two new scout banners have started today in Pokémon Masters EX, with each of these scouts to remain available until July 24th, at 10:59pm (PDT).
5★-Select Type Scout
Running alongside these two Water-Type focused events is a 5★-Select Type Scout, featuring only Water-Type Sync Pairs. By spending 2,000 paid gems, players will be able to receive an 11x Scout, as well as an additional bonus selection of a 5★ Sync Pair from the limited pool. This scout can be used up to 3 times during the scouting period.
5★ Gloria (Dojo Uniform) & Urshifu and 5★ Sygna Suit Lysandre & Volcanion, are both making a return this week in a special Double Feature Poké Fair Scout. Gloria first appeared in a limited Poké Fair scout back in July 2022, while Sygna Suit Lysandre & Volcanion debuted back in February this year alongside the Kalos Chapter of the Villain arc.
As with a typical Poké Fair Scout, 5★ Sync Pairs will have a 10% chance of appearing, with the two featured trainers having a higher chance of being scouted. As always, Poké Fair exclusive Sync Pairs may reappear in future Poké Fair Scouts.
In conjunction with this scout, Gloria (Dojo Uniform) & Urshifu's sync grid has now been expanded with new Fair-Exclusive Sync Pair tiles. Some of these tiles will only unlock when players raise the Sync Pair's move level to 2, 4, or 5.