Hoenn Chapter of the Villain Arc begins
The Villain Arc enters a new phase with the beginning of the Hoenn Chapter, featuring the machinations of Team Rocket, Team Aqua, and Team Magma as Groudon and Kyogre rampage on Pasio. Hoenn's main characters May and Brendan will both receive new Sygna Suit Sync Pairs as part of this arc. Part One of this chapter is available in-game now, and additional parts will unlock over the coming weeks.
This chapter is a permanent addition to the main story. Players will need to have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player in order to unlock this and other chapters of the Main Story Villain Arc.
Villain Event: Team Magma's Red-Hot Rage
This time-limited event is running as an accompaniment to the launch of the new Hoenn Chapter of the Villain Arc. Team Magma's Red-Hot Rage will run until August 27th, at 10:59pm (PT).
Unlike regular Story Events, this Villain Event does not include any lineup bonuses to increase battle rewards. There are however special bonuses for Hoenn Sync Pairs, who will have increased Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defence when used in missions for this event, giving them an easier time in completing stages.
This event includes a log-in bonus over 14 days. Players can receive these bonuses up until August 14th at 10:59pm (PST), so even if you're a couple of days late starting the event you can still receive your gifts.
- Day 1: Skip Ticket x 20
- Day 2: Gems x 100
- Day 3: Gems x 100
- Day 4: Gems x 100
- Day 5: Skip Ticket x 20
- Day 6: Gems x 100
- Day 7: Gems x 100
- Day 8: Gems x 100
- Day 9: Skip Ticket x 20
- Day 10: Gems x 100
- Day 11: Gems x 100
- Day 12: Gems x 100
- Day 13: Gems x 100
- Day 14: Skip Ticket x 20
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 11:00pm (PT).
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- Leftover Event Voucher O items will be automatically converted to coins at a rate of 10 coins per item at the end of the event, and sent to players' Present Boxes.
In conjunction with the Team Magma's Red-Hot Rage event, the following four Event Gem Specials will be available in the purchase gems tab of the in-game shop until August 17th, at 10:59pm (PT), offering discounted prices on paid gems.
- July event gem special 5: Gems x320
- July event gem special 6: Gems x1800
- July event gem special 7: Gems x3900
- July event gem special 8: Gems x7000
In conjunction with the Villain Event, two new Sygna Suit Sync Pairs are making their Pokémon Masters EX debuts in limited-time Poké Fair Scouts. Both of these new sync pairs have expanded sync grids, and the ability to be raised to 6★ EX.
Sygna Suit May & Blaziken's Poké Fair Scout is live right now, alongside the start of the Villain Event. Sygna Suit May & Blaziken are a Fire-type Tech Sync pair that can reduce their Sync Move countdown the first time when they enter a battle, and after Mega Evolving. Their Fired Up! move raises their attack by four stat ranks and their accuracy by one stat rank, while reducing Sync Move countdown by one and applying the Move Guage Acceleration effect to the allied field of play. They also have the Blaze Kick move.
All of these Scout banners will run through to August 27th at 10:59pm (PST).
Epic Battle Event Legendary Gauntlet
Due to a bug that causes Uxie's special parameters for Uxie's Challenge Part 3 to be different than intended, this event has been restarted and will run until August 18th, at 10:59pm PDT. Players will also receive non-paid Gems x500 as compensation, which can be claimed until August 28th, at 10:59pm PDT.
Hoenn Villain Retweet Rally
A Hoenn Villain Retweet Rally was held on Twitter, with players quickly reaching all targets before even a single day had passed. As reward for achieving the goals of the Rally, all players will receive 6000 Gems and 30x 5★ Hoenn Scout Tickets. These rewards will be available to claim between August 14th, at 11:00pm (PDT), and September 14th, at 10:59pm (PDT).
Sync Pairs Menu Upgrades
- The appearance of this menu has changed for a more streamlined experience.
- Sync pairs can now be trained via Upgrades in this menu.
- New Max Upgrade button added to some sections, allowing players to update several aspects of a Sync pair to its maximum in a single click.
- New Multiple Upgrade button added to some sections, allowing players to upgrade Level, Unlock Level Cap, and Theme Skills all at once, using as many of the available upgrade items as possible.
- Upgrade Gear now allows players to level up multiple times at once.
- A Lab button has been added to the menu to allow players to natigate directly to Bellis's Lab.
- Some items details screens will now display the quantity of items held by the player.
- Some items detail screens will now include a Where to Find button that shows where an item can be obtained from and get there immediately.
- Area info and features where Battle Points can be earned from are now accessible directly from the Battle Point Tier Reward screen.
- Some screens will now have buttons that give players direct access to commonly used features and locations.
- The button to take players to Bellis's Lab from the Pokémon Center has been removed.
- The button to get to Mission Bingo in the Pokémon Center has changed location.
- The Upgrades screen can now be accessed directly from some Sync Pair details screens.
- Players can now skip to the end of the Item Reward animation by tapping the screen.
- A Battle Entry section has been added to Tips.
New Jukebox Songs
A selection of new songs have been added to the Jukebox. Players can acquire the newly added songs in the Unlock Songs menu of the Jukebox, or via the Exchange Items menu in the shop.
- An issue has been fixed which was causing an unexpected error to occur when a Sync pair is flying, bouncing, or takes on a phantom or shadow presence.
- An issue has been fixed with a certain Passive Skill where the effect targets were different than expected.
- An issue has been fixed where, after using a Lucky Cookie to give a Passive Skill that activates upon entering a battle, the Passive Skill would not activate again when the Sync pair changes form with a Sync Move, which should have been treated as if they re-enter a battle.
- Non-paid Gems x300 have been sent to all players as compensation for this issue. These gems must be claimed before August 26th, at 10:59pm (PDT)
- Minor bug fixes and text changes.
Sync Pairs to receive further upgrades alongside Pokémon Masters Day
Moving forward, one Sync pair already in the game will be powered up each month alongside each Pokémon Masters Day, with new tiles added to their Sync Grid. Though no word was given on which Sync Pairs would be receiving these upgrades, the developer letter indicates that the focus will be on Sync Pairs that had previously been strengthened, but have not seen updates in some time.
New Major Content - Trainer Lodge
A new feature called the Trainer Lodge will be released towards the end of August. The Trainer Lodge will allow players to invite some Trainers as Guests. By interacting with them, players can receive special exclusive rewards and see special stories. More information on how this feature will work will be released in the near future.
Run-up to the Three-Year Anniversary
As previously announced, a number of special events, log-in bonuses, and rallies will be coming to the game starting in mid-August with the start of the Run-Up to Three Years Celebration. A Mission Bingo will also be available. In addition, a special event will run, allowing players to team up with a special Sync Pair.