• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

There is also a new Famitsu article that reveals the Sygna Suit, which can change the partner of whoever is wearing it. Given how Brock's changes to Tyranitar, another Rock type, I have to assume that each alternate partner matches the user's type specialty.

Famitsu Article

Last edited:
There is also a new Famitsu article that reveals the Sygna Suit, which can change the partner of whoever is wearing it. Given how Brock's changes to Tyranitar, another Rock type, I have to assume that each alternate partner matches the user's type specialty.

Famitsu Article

No doubt Iris will likely switch to her Champion dress with Hydreigon as her partner. I wonder how many other trainers will get new outfits like Brock did though.

I'm glad Hilda got Tepig, I always felt like that suit her the most, and it was always a popular pairing. That means Hilbert gets Oshawott then?

They can change outfits.

YO. THIS. IS. HYPE.

I'm glad Hilda got Tepig, I always felt like that suit her the most, and it was always a popular pairing. That means Hilbert gets Oshawott then?

I feel like it will be either him or Nate. I can’t imagine Rosa not being the representative protagonist for BW2 with how much attention she’s been given.

My current guesses:
  1. Red and Arcanine
  2. Blue and Aerodactyl
  3. Barry and Floatzel
  4. Rosa and Lilligant
  5. Hilda and Heatmor
  6. Kris and Slowking

Given Brock’s Tyranitar, they seem to be going for rarer and stronger Pokemon. Honestly, when it comes to the protagonists and rivals who have the starters, I think that the only step up is legendaries (Rosa is rank 5, so the others are almost guaranteed to be the same). I am not talking about the overpowered ones, but those not increasing a 600 BST.

Red: Zapdos
Blue: Articuno
Green: Moltres
Chase: Mew
Elaine: Melmetal
Ethan: Raikou
Silver: Entei
Kris: Suicune
Lyra: Celebi
Brendan: Latios
May: Latias
Wally: Jirachi
Lucas: Uxie
Dawn: Mesprit
Barry: Azelf
Hilbert: Cobalion
Hilda: Terrakion
Rosa: Virizion
Nate: Keldeo
Cheren: Tornadus
Bianca: Thundurus
Hugh: Landorus
Calem: Volcanion
Serena: Hoopa
Shauna: Diancie
Elio: Tapu Koko
Selene: Tapu Lele
Hau: Tapu Fini
Gladion: Tapu Bulu
Lillie: Nihilego

Trevor, Tierno and Trace (the three Ts) don’t have regular starters, so it’s just as well that there are no legendaries/mythicals to give them (again, excluding overpowered ones).

Last edited:
Yeah that surprised me, too. Same with Siebold having Clawitzer instead of Barbaracle.

TIL a lot of people's aces got replaced because their aces did not have Mega Evolutions. Sad, I wish there was a way to still preserve them and had Mega Evo on an ancillary Pokémon instead.
Dewgong lacks a Mega Evolution. So do Dusknoir and Togedemaru, but they aren't really replacements.

I assume that Mamoswine will be Pryce's ancilllary Pokemon.

My current guesses:
  1. Red and Arcanine
  2. Blue and Aerodactyl
  3. Barry and Floatzel
  4. Rosa and Lilligant
  5. Hilda and Heatmor
  6. Kris and Slowking

I mean, we currently have no idea if they can't be evolutions of the mons they start out with. For all we know, Rosa's could just be Serperior, for example.

Fair enough. On another note, as of the recent information dump, we know who 28 of the 65 initial sync pairs are (29 if Paulo ends up being playable). In terms of regional distribution, six are from Kanto, four from Johto, four from Hoenn, four from Sinnoh, four from Unova, two from Kalos, three from Alola, and one debuting in Pasio (Two if Paulo counts).

Last edited:
It can’t be Arcanine...Marley has him, as revealed the other day.

We don't know yet if they don't do duplicates.

That said, Red getting an Arcanine doesn't make sense anyways. He had it first in LGPE, but I wouldn't say it's a recognizable Pokémon for him. I'm guessing he just gets Mega Charizard X as end-stage or otherwise, more affiliated Pokémon with him like Lapras, Snorlax or Pikachu.

We don't know yet if they don't do duplicates.

That said, Red getting an Arcanine doesn't make sense anyways. He had it first in LGPE, but I wouldn't say it's a recognizable Pokémon for him. I'm guessing he just gets Mega Charizard X as end-stage or otherwise, more affiliated Pokémon with him like Lapras, Snorlax or Pikachu.

Mega Evolution has been shown to occur via sync moves (e.g., Korrina), so Mega Charizard X is very likely going to be utilized through the same means. And as much as I am fond of the idea of Lapras being Red’s secondary partner, everything we’ve been shown so far indicates that every trainer is locked in with one type (Fire in Red’s case). I applied that reasoning when making my predictions.

Back
Top Bottom