• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I haven't been paying attention to this thread, so I don't know yet if anyone has already posted this. But apparently, the daily discount scouts require that you use paid for gems.

That's pretty damning for a mobile app game, honestly. My interest has zapped.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread, so I don't know yet if anyone has already posted this. But apparently, the daily discount scouts require that you use paid for gems.

So how much will it be for 100 Gems?

The discount in Fire Emblem Heroes is much less significant (20 orbs for 5 summons if done consecutively, instead of 25 normally). Do you have examples for fairer gacha games?

Masters has scouting events where if you collect 400 Scout Points within 40 days, you get to pick your summoned partner. This seems doable if you play about an hour a day. Other than that, it's probably best not to insist on any particular character and just go with the flow.

The discount in Fire Emblem Heroes is much less significant (20 orbs for 5 summons if done consecutively, instead of 25 normally). Do you have examples for fairer gacha games?

Masters has scouting events where if you collect 400 Scout Points within 40 days, you get to pick your summoned partner. This seems doable if you play about an hour a day. Other than that, it's probably best not to insist on any particular character and just go with the flow.
I've never played Gacha Games, I heard that they are hocking games. I only want two characters anyway. Gardenia who is 4 stars so she's 20% hire-able, and Cynthia.

Do they have jolly sounding voices?
Christine has voiced a lot of happy-go-lucky girls, but I can’t say the same for Xanthe. Regardless, Gardenia came off as a lot more even-tempered than her pokeani voice, so I picked these two not only because they sounded similar to her, but they have also played similar roles in the past.

Well, the point I was trying to make is that many gatcha app games give free gems, or whatever else currency they use, through in-game missions and such (albeit in much limited quantities but still sustainable if you spend them wisely). And those free gems can still be used in summon mechanics just the same.

Whereas Masters is basically locking certain (or perhaps all?) gatcha mechanics to purchased gems only. That's the unfair part.

The English/Japanese cast for the game has been revealed. Looks like we were right about some of the specific talent, but there's also some I personally didn't expect.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/d8OEBX3

Bang Zoom eh? And here I was thinking they'd just get Cup of Tea on board likewise with Fire Emblem Heroes but it's good to see them get another shot at the franchise after Detective Pikachu.

Also
Ray Chase and Alejandro Saab in MA FREAKIN POKEMON!

This is already an instant win for me!

The games seem to look more generous than most other Gacha Games, especially if you can buy any sync pair you want after gaining 400 Scout Points. (133 - 134 moves in battle)

Last edited:
Well, the point I was trying to make is that many gatcha app games give free gems, or whatever else currency they use, through in-game missions and such (albeit in much limited quantities but still sustainable if you spend them wisely). And those free gems can still be used in summon mechanics just the same.

Whereas Masters is basically locking certain (or perhaps all?) gatcha mechanics to purchased gems only. That's the unfair part.
That is definitely not true. I was able to summon four characters yesterday without paying a cent. Gems are unlocked through story chapters, training and missions (which are just things you'd normally do) and you get 10 gems just for logging in once a day. Sometimes they even give you 50 or 100 gems for logging in, as a special bonus.

Two summons a day is probably the norm. I got four since linking to a Nintendo Account unlocks 600 gems.

Last edited:
There’s something I just found out today on Serebii.
Pokemon do not get unique sync moves until they reach their highest stage of evolution. Anything below that is referred to as “[Type] Sync Impact/Beam”. Unfortunately, since the Player Character and Brock’s Pokémon have unique sync moves by default, they appear to be the only two who cannot use their partner’s evolutions.

Back
Top Bottom