• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Unfortunately, since the Player Character and Brock’s Pokémon have unique sync moves by default, they appear to be the only two who cannot use their partner’s evolutions.

The feral part of me wants to make the devs pay for this, pay for making Raichu the red headed stepchild of the mascot family.

They did include Alolan Raichu, but Lt. Surge getting a Voltorb which can't evolve is really weird.
I was talking about the Kanto Raichu though, which for some reason is the pariah of the family.

I would have been surprised if they'd made Raichu the star of the game, though.
I was not expecting the star, but an optional evolution.

It just gets a bit depressing to have your favourite Pokémon’s pre Evolution being everywhere, getting special goodies and even being in the team of the main character but there being no way to evolve it to retain even a fraction of the new goodies, or hell, even evolve it into a regular Raichu.

That is definitely not true. I was able to summon four characters yesterday without paying a cent. Gems are unlocked through story chapters, training and missions (which are just things you'd normally do) and you get 10 gems just for logging in once a day. Sometimes they even give you 50 or 100 gems for logging in, as a special bonus.

Two summons a day is probably the norm. I got four since linking to a Nintendo Account unlocks 600 gems.
The screenshot I posted tells me otherwise. But whatever.

Are you sure? The in-game Dex shows evolutions, but there are exceptions like Voltorb, Meditite, Makuhita and more.

I’m pretty certain. After all, this is only a soft release and they did show off Maylene’s Medicham in one of the Japanese trailers.

Just for fun, I thought I'd try and match up the known (And unknown) VAs to the current roster. Feel free to join since I'm not going to cover every character and some of these could use a second opinion.

Brock- David Vincent*
Misty- Ryan Bartley
Lt. Surge- Patrick Seitz
Erika- Xanthe Huynh
Lorelei- Lauren Landa
Agatha- Cindy Robinson*
Kris- Cherami Leigh
Whitney- Sarah Anne Williams
Janine- Cassandra Lee Morris
Norman- Keith Silverstein
Gardenia- Erica Lindbeck
Candice- Faye Mata
Grant- Alejandro Saab
Wulfric- Jamieson Price (Credited as Taylor Henry)
Hau- Laura Stahl
Kahili- Janice Kawaye (Credited as Janice Roman Roku)

* Signifies a voice actor that was not mentioned in the credits but is likely in the game due to voice similarities.

That's for the daily discount only.
Which was the point I was making to begin with?

I wasn't saying that all scouting requires paid-for gems, just that the daily discount does. It's nonetheless an unfair decision.

Which was the point I was making to begin with?
And then you went on to imply that gems might not be available for free at all. The digression isn't on me.
Well, the point I was trying to make is that many gatcha app games give free gems, or whatever else currency they use, through in-game missions and such (albeit in much limited quantities but still sustainable if you spend them wisely). And those free gems can still be used in summon mechanics just the same.

Whereas Masters is basically locking certain (or perhaps all?) gatcha mechanics to purchased gems only. That's the unfair part.
The only relevant point is how other games handle discounts.

Anyway, to actually strengthen your point, I've changed my mind on scout points. Unless later chapters are more rewarding, it seems unfeasible to get 400 scouting points within 40 days without using real money. I wouldn't call this "unfair" so much as an attempt to get players to spend some dough.

Last edited:
Sigh. I think what happened was me misreading your initial response. It's whatever now I can't be bothered to drag this much further.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread, so I don't know yet if anyone has already posted this. But apparently, the daily discount scouts require that you use paid for gems.

That's pretty damning for a mobile app game, honestly. My interest has zapped.

Fate/Grand Order and other Gachas do it too, so no surprise there.

I have to say that the boss fights are pretty brutal, and they should fix that if they want to make the game friendly for newbies. The problem is that the leaders' aces are tanks and can often dish out two Sync moves, and to top it all of, they have four partners rather than just two. This isn't a matter of the game forcing you to pay money to proceed, because the scouted trainers start at level 1 and are typically not stronger than the default ones. The main issues is that even as of Chapter 5, I can't unlock new moves on anything but Pikachu.

I'm all for a decent challenge, but I think that something went amiss here.

Fate/Grand Order and other Gachas do it too, so no surprise there.
The ones I've played (Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle and Legends) don't as they still allow you to use free gems for daily discounts. But I digress. I guess they're the exceptions.

I guess they should've at least allowed for the protagonist to choose between Pikachu and Eevee, as a nod to LGPE.

Back
Top Bottom