• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
We don't know if Hitmontop is going to be Bea's ace. As far as we know, it could be just the first Pokémon to be sent out.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
We don't know if Hitmontop is going to be Bea's ace. As far as we know, it could be just the first Pokémon to be sent out.
and Mimikyu for Allister. I didn't mention Leon because he and Red both have Charizard as their Ace.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
and Mimikyu for Allister. I didn't mention Leon because he and Red both have Charizard as their Ace.
I feel that Leon if he's added will use a secondary ace, whoever that may be, like how Hau uses A-Raichu here.

Not Dead
Reaction score
I rather doubt it (same for Mimikyu) unless Gigantamax is involved. Masters could do whatever, though. Look at Mina's Granbull, Bugsy's Beedrill, Lt. Surge's Voltorb, Maylene's Meditite and so on.

AWACS Sky-Eye
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a quick announcement

We'll be moving this thread to the Pokemon Masters section shortly and renaming it so it can be in it's new home :)

Not Dead
Reaction score
The current game version has been datamined, revealing that Leaf, Ethan, N and Nate are being planned, as well as Sygna outfits for Red, Blue, Misty (FRLG?), Cynthia, Siebold, Cheren (BW), Rosa, Grimsley and Elesa. The Froakie line includes Ash-Greninja, but their trainer is unknown.

Lyra & Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
Calem & Espurr/Meowstic (Male)
Hilda & Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
Roxie & Whirlipede/Scolipede
Kris & Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
Brendan & Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Hilbert & Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
Pryce & Seel/Dewgong
Clay & Palpitoad/Seismitoad
Lt. Surge & Voltorb/Electrode
Ramos & Weepinbell/Victreebel
Roark & Cranidos/Rampardos
Viola & Surskit/Masquerain
Brawly & Makuhita/Hariyama
Roxanne & Nosepass/Probopass
Phoebe & Dusclops/Dusknoir
Maylene & Meditite/Medicham
Grant & Amaura/Aurorus
Blaine & Ponyta/Rapidash
Barry & Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
Rosa & Snivy/Servine/Serperior

Viola & Bugsy
Nanu & Grimsley
Koga & Janine
Acerola & Phoebe & Agatha
Cheren & Hilbert & Hilda

Last edited:
Filtration Fairy
Reaction score
Yesss, Viola and Surskit! Since Hariyama and Probopass will appear with the Hoenn Gym leaders of their respective (primary) type, I guess we can expect Hala and Olivia to be paired with Crabominable and Lycanroc respectively when they’re added.

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
The current game version has been datamined, revealing that Leaf, Ethan, N and Nate are being planned, as well as Sygna outfits for Red, Blue, Misty (FRLG?), Cynthia, Siebold, Cheren (BW), Rosa, Grimsley and Elesa. The Froakie line includes Ash-Greninja, but their trainer is unknown.

I wonder if in the Sword and Shield anime, if Cynthia does return, she would have that clothing, similar to how she had different clothing in Black and White.

Not Dead
Reaction score
It's just a Kommo-o-themed outfit, so probably not.

The Azure Mystic
Reaction score
Calem & Espurr/Meowstic (Male)
On one hand, I would have preferred Greninja. On the other hand, this is practically indirect confirmation that Calem is the rival in this continuity, so I’m glad I don’t have to hold my breath on that anymore.

Last edited:
Join the BlueLions!
Reaction score
Would not be surprised if SwSh characters were included to promote SwSh, FE Heroes gave a free copy of the Male Byleth to players who had 3 Houses and FEH, and I could easily see the same being done for SwSh.

Spring of Storms
Reaction score
To those who have been playing this game: How is it looking so far? Is it fun? Is it hard? Is the pay 2 win heavy, or does it seem like you can beat this game with the worst freebie characters possible? Does the dialogue and story look promising?

I haven't heard any impressions of the pre-release demo anywhere, and I'm just curious what anybody thinks of it.

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if in the Sword and Shield anime, if Cynthia does return, she would have that clothing, similar to how she had different clothing in Black and White.
Well, the face looks quite like Cynthia's but if this really turns out to be her, it would be a major outfit change. Even in her BW outfit, they just changed her blouse and the coat.
Actually, I don't know if I like the idea of her NOT wearing her beautiful hair loose and getting a Kommo-o ... there are stronger Pokemon worthier of her as the Champion.

Last edited:
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Well, the face looks quite like Cynthia's but if this really turns out to be her, it would be a major outfit change. Even in her BW outfit, they just changed her blouse and the coat.
Actually, I don't know if I like the idea of her wearing her beautiful hair loose and getting a Kommo-o ... there are stronger Pokemon worthier of her as the Champion.
I also wonder what outfit she would have in the SwSh anime if she does appear in that, no doubt to promote the DP Remake, possibly coming out for next year or so.