• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I might just be done with this game. Spend 18K gems and I got only bad units except for Brendan apparently.

THis is really worth going through all that trouble for.

Shame cause it had huge potential, but once more, Pokémon falls victim to people seeing dollarsigns.

So this was posted recently on Serebii: 『ポケモンマスターズ』公式サイト
a rough idea of what it says is on Serebii, but in short they apologize for the lack of content and problems in the game, and aim to focus on adding more content and stuff like that.

Honestly a completely different approach from Sword/Shield's Dex controversy, and I appreciate it.

At least they've shown that they've been listening to complaints. That's respectable.

Hopefully we'll get some big updates before the end of the year because my patience for this game is wearing a bit thin right now. Like literally anything other than co-op would be great

I am still not done with the story chapters, so reading that long apology feels a little weird. This is a game that is best appreciated in short bursts rather than the Serebii playstyle of plowing through the content as quickly as possible. Am I annoyed about the grinding required for certain items? About how hard it is to get new pairs after a certain point? Yes, and I do hope they address these things. But it's a free game as far as I'm concerned, so there is only so much I can expect. Their job is to get people to spend some dough, though.

There are free games that have way more content than this game, and are able to accomodate both players who want to play for short bursts and those who want to play for long periods of time. There needs to be an actual reason for people to want to spend on this game, and I don't see why expectations shouldn't be high at all, given this game made 30 million dollars on the opening week. They have money to work with, why not fix up the game to get more players in?

The reality is that expectations are high and they need to do something about it. I am just not comfortable with this situation, but if the game gets better, then hopefully it will not go ignored.

From what I understand, it's less generous than most gacha games, but it makes up for it by only requiring gems for scouting (not items) and offering a fair amount of story characters you get without gems. Some players have unlocked all 70 current characters without paying a cent, which is probably harder to do in most gacha games.

Right now, you get 300 gems every two days, which is exactly what you need to scout one pair. Even if you're done with the single player content and have little interest in co-op, there is still a reason to log in every day or so.

The game is starting to get more generous with items, but most of the other improvements will be coming much later. Not blaming them, fixing this game'll take some time.

Cannot wait for Maxie and Archie to come out for Main Story.

I could imagine how they interact to each other 10+ years after ORAS.

Also, hope Looker and Colress will make the cut for Main Story. I am bored with massive online events lol.

Cannot wait for Maxie and Archie to come out for Main Story.

Also, hope Looker and Colress will make the cut for Main Story. I am bored with massive online events lol.
Didn’t USM already show that interaction with Maxie and Archie already?

Is there anything that indicates when PM takes place? Because I thought that
Hoopa was responsible for bringing a lot of characters over from their respective games
so Archie and Maxie would still be ORAS Archie and Maxie anyway because of universe-blending shenanigans?

I'd still love to see them at each others' throats anyway. Hopefully they'll get their ORAS designs and not the ones from RSE like in USUM.

I'm most excited to get some more Steel-type and Fairy-type sync pairs too, since we don't have too many of them yet. I also really like all the characters that specialize in these types, so that's another reason why I'm looking forward to those ones in particular Steven pls

Hopefully we get some through the new story chapters, since iirc, those are the only types we haven't gotten a freebie for.

Is there anything that indicates when PM takes place? Because I thought that
Hoopa was responsible for bringing a lot of characters over from their respective games
so Archie and Maxie would still be ORAS Archie and Maxie anyway because of universe-blending shenanigans?

I'd still love to see them at each others' throats anyway. Hopefully they'll get their ORAS designs and not the ones from RSE like in USUM.

I'm most excited to get some more Steel-type and Fairy-type sync pairs too, since we don't have too many of them yet. I also really like all the characters that specialize in these types, so that's another reason why I'm looking forward to those ones in particular Steven pls

Hopefully we get some through the new story chapters, since iirc, those are the only types we haven't gotten a freebie for.
I believe the developers did not care about the details of the story, if it did it would be hard to justify all these characters being together.

I believe the developers did not care about the details of the story, if it did it would be hard to justify all these characters being together.
That's why their excuse for all the characters being together is "portals did it". So they wouldn't need to justify timelines because they can just say different universes exist and that's that.

I don't expect anything too complex for the story of this game, since I think "portals did it" seems like a bit of a standard for the gacha genre, from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom