• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

The busiest bee
Reaction score
Ech, either way, the timeline makes no sense for this game, and it doesn't matter because this game is likely non-canon fluff anyway.

Stuck
Reaction score
Hoopa's portals aren't cross-dimensional though, last time I checked...?
The use of the original music in ORAS for the portal-related legendaries arguably implies that they were pulled out of their debut games.

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
That's why their excuse for all the characters being together is "portals did it". So they wouldn't need to justify timelines because they can just say different universes exist and that's that.

I don't expect anything too complex for the story of this game, since I think "portals did it" seems like a bit of a standard for the gacha genre, from what I've seen.
Very likely they will put a plot twist.
Giovanni's Team Masters Rocket created them as lures.

Pasio is Team Masters Rocket's trap plotted by Giovanni.

Stuck
Reaction score
I just want to battle with Red and Silver against Giovanni, Lear and Ariana. Then the game will feel complete story-wise.

Anyway, 300 free gems per day for two weeks is pretty generous. Don't forget to use up your opportunities by December 1st.

Last edited:
The busiest bee
Reaction score
So, uh...

Christmas Rosa + Cynthia + Mewtwo = RIP everyone's gems?

The new features they announced seem pretty interesting. I'm curious to see what the Battle Villa will become. And hopefully some of my favorite characters will actually become usable soon thanks to the sync grid enhancement thing.

Stuck
Reaction score
Those are nice things to look forward to, but the wait for Leaf, Ethan and Silver continues.

The Giovanni we're getting soon is the one from USUM. The animated trailer showed FRLG Giovanni alongside Archer and Ariana, so those are still likely to be part of the main story.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, uh...

Christmas Rosa + Cynthia + Mewtwo = RIP everyone's gems?

The new features they announced seem pretty interesting. I'm curious to see what the Battle Villa will become. And hopefully some of my favorite characters will actually become usable soon thanks to the sync grid enhancement thing.
Cynthia is in the New Year, not Christmas.

織田信長☆FAN
Reaction score
I'm saving up my gems for Giovanni, but if there's some catch involving "beat-his-Mewtwo-with-your-new-higher-uncap-team!", I'm going to be incredibly peeved. (I've never even done the Level 75-90 uncap once because I hate grinding and relying on 5* I (don't) have. I've logged in every day since the game went live, but even so...)

Reaction score
I'm saving up my gems for Giovanni, but if there's some catch involving "beat-his-Mewtwo-with-your-new-higher-uncap-team!", I'm going to be incredibly peeved. (I've never even done the Level 75-90 uncap once because I hate grinding and relying on 5* I (don't) have. I've logged in every day since the game went live, but even so...)
Giovanni is free, though? No gems required :)

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
I can suspect Giovanni being the new walking spoiler, since he's the Team Rainbow Rocket Boss in Masters.

If that's true, I can see the Hoopa as the fake Hoopa, and the true mastermind who lured everyone into Pasio is none other than Team Rainbow Rocket.