• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Like, is she really the best Unova character that the PR team could come up with to represent Gen 5?

Yes they hate Iris that much lmfao.

I'm very very excited for this. If done right, it can replace the need for a post-game battle facility. This would make competitive playing a lot more accessible while also being financially lucrative for them. Hopefully, this will make the main games more story oriented as well, i.e. the part of the Pokemon games that I really like.

You know what's the most exciting thing about this game? That the main characters (the boy and girl) are designed completely in main series game art style. They are the main characters of a smartphone game, but they could've easily been the PCs of SwSh, for example.

And I think this implies Pokémon Masters is supposed to be a more "mainline" Pokémon experience. That's what I hope, at least.

Uh I dunno, I think I would rather have actual pokemon game content in the post game over that sort of activity being put in a phone app. But that might just be me. :\
It's hardly just you, but after the past two generations, this is an improvement. Not to mention that unlike PWT which was just about the battles, this game could actually flesh out the characters.

And I think this implies Pokémon Masters is supposed to be a more "mainline" Pokémon experience. That's what I hope, at least.
It's the only spin-off game since Stadium featuring main series characters. Apart from Puzzle Challenge, but the gameplay was totally different there.

I think it's safe to say that Sugimori (who suggested the concept) and a few others have overseen the designs and characterization. The developers are The Pokemon Company (a first since Box?) and DeNA, though.

Last edited:
Not to mention that unlike PWT which was just about the battles, this game could actually flesh out the characters.
The is an important point: I am a very battle-focused Pokémon player, but I mostly enjoy battling NPC's that have been fleshed out outside of battles.

I don't enjoy battling trainers that are just strong, but have no personality. I mean, I still like battling strong trainers in general, but when they have plot relevance and/or personality, it is a lot more immersive.

Last edited:
I'm so fucking excited for this game holy fuck.

Nothing too interesting in the video. That cell phone is actually based on Porygon, as seen in the high-res art.

I know. But I posted it just in case.

There are some small interesting details in the video, though, (like how Red's cap has Megazard X's blue flame motif), and some details about the battle interface.

Last edited:
I wonder what moves will be in. I can't imagine them putting in all of the moves, but at the same time, when they do, there will be a lot of "Why is Move X in while Move Y isn't?" kind of like how LGPE took out a lot of good moves and kept in moves that could be taken out instead.

As weird as it may sound, I actually think having 3 move slots per Pokémon instead of the usual 4, might be a nice change of pace.

But anything under 3 move slots would feel too casualized.

Last edited:
I hope theres no microtransitions like pokemon go and other pokemon phone games other than that i like it!
I think it's not so important whether the game will have microtransactions (it probably will), but rather, how easy will it be to circumvent them and enjoy the game without using them.

Last edited:
I hope theres no microtransitions like pokemon go and other pokemon phone games other than that i like it!
I highly doubt it. These mobile games from Nintendo all have micro transactions and I see no reason why this would be any different. My only hope is that it’s very generous for a gacha game, since in FE Heroes, I managed save a 100+ Orbs without spending a penny.

Micro transactions are an option though. I play FGO and Fire Emblem Heroes and have never put money in it, but am yetting fully enjoying both games despite that fact.

Back
Top Bottom