• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
If Pokemon Masters ever does release a Summer Misty Sync Pair, they already have a pretty good reference for her outfit from the Pokemon SM anime (Episode 102).

In fact, I would love it if they do that. I'm not a fan of the rounder/simpler aesthetic they gave to Misty in the SM anime (a bit too bubbly for my taste), so having her SM vacation look in the style of Pokemon Masters would be awesome.
That was exactly what I was thinking. And now that we have Jessie & James as sync pairs, I think it's definitely on the board as a possibility.

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
I feel as if they might make the 2nd pair another champion. I do not have the graphs on me right now, but their revenue tends to rally on banners with champions (eg. Cynthia, Lance, etc.)

Reaction score
Maybe Synga Iris is B2W2 champion Iris. Will Bianca appear in her B1W1 design?

Reaction score
Maybe Synga Iris is B2W2 champion Iris. Will Bianca appear in her B1W1 design?
They usually take the character designs from their most recent appearance, so I am inclined to believe Bianca will appear in her B2W2 form. You may point out that Iris did not appear in her B2W2 design in the game, but that is because Iris is presented as a gym leader in Masters and not a champion. The same applies to Wallace.

Reaction score
They usually take the character designs from their most recent appearance, so I am inclined to believe Bianca will appear in her B2W2 form. You may point out that Iris did not appear in her B2W2 design in the game, but that is because Iris is presented as a gym leader in Masters and not a champion. The same applies to Wallace.
There's also the fact that Misty has her Gen I appearance, while Brock has his HGSS design. They are kind of inconsistent about this.

Super Mooderator
Reaction score
Really hoping they'll release a Sygma Suit Whitney sometime, with another Miltank! That'd be cool :p

Reaction score
Well, it looks like all the people who were saying Swimsuit Cynthia was probably a massive red herring to throw everybody off track...

They were spot on.

Reaction score
To be fair, there had been numerous in-game dialogues alluding to Cynthia in a swimsuit.

Totally planned on DeNA's part probably

Reaction score
Those lines started in BW, where a Swimmer at Undella Bay asked you if you also came to watch Cynthia in a swimsuit.
Oh wow I did not know! Very nice throwback to BW then, though I suppose I misinterpreted as them alluding to a summer sync pair Cynthia hahaha.

Reaction score
Oh wow I did not know! Very nice throwback to BW then, though I suppose I misinterpreted as them alluding to a summer sync pair Cynthia hahaha.
You know, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end we really get Summer Cynthia. It would be more or less like a brick joke.

the other captain toad
Reaction score
I'm not that bothered by the stamina update, honestly. I don't mind it.

If it helps the game be less grindy, I can see it as being a very good thing.

Administrator
Reaction score
I only tried out a bit of the Stamina System last night and it seemed pretty good. I like that there are areas to get more Sync Grid Orbs and most areas didn't take a lot of Stamina either. I don't know how much it will impact the events, but making the game less of a huge grid is nice and they do give you a major Stamina boost just for logging into the game.

I haven't done the Egg event yet, but I never got access to a Tauros egg. I think it's supposed to be random, but I'm not sure if I missed my chance to get one after choosing a potential partner a few weeks ago.

the other captain toad
Reaction score
With events, the only thing seems to be that you need to log in regularly in order to have the stamina to do them. The summer event currently ongoing is the one with the grid and the maps we need to traverse, much like SS Elesa's. The main story maps are cheap, and all subsequent ones with prizes and sync orbs require more tokens to pass through.

We get 200 stamina as a gift each day for logging in, so we should have enough stamina to complete the event.

As someone who pops into the game for 15 minutes a day anyway, I really don't mind it. We can't just clear events day 1 anymore though.

The system is clearly designed to get people playing daily as opposed to in quick, grindy bursts.

Super Mooderator
Reaction score
@Tood
This system isn't necessarily bad by any means, and I haven't had a chance to try things out with the new system yet but overall it does seem like it can contribute to a raise in activity as you say. Forces people to actually have to play :v

Administrator
Reaction score
So far, I'm liking the updated system, especially with the Skip Tickets. Since they've been handing out Stamina and Skip Tickets, I was able to farm for level up manuals without grinding, so that alone is wonderful. I also didn't realize that they had altered the level up mechanics since now you don't have to unlock levels until your Sync Pair gets to level one hundred, so that is pretty neat. I'd be kind of sad if this means that there won't be a more training events for specific types. Those have been my favorite events thus far, but they also involve a lot of grinding and at least it's easier to get level up manuals than it was before.