• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Well, Champion Iris is out now. Once Diantha is out, the loading screen puzzle is complete. Still wondering why Ryuki and Darach aren't out yet.

Aka: LPCDDude, Cardcaptor Sean, TheLegoCat, etc.
Reaction score
I mean, Charizard has three alternate forms in Mega X, Mega Y and G-Max. I'd assume that's why there are three. One for each.
But the player’s Charizard can’t Mega Evolve into Mega Y so maybe we have one that doesn’t Mega Evolve or G-Maxes, one that does Mega Evolve, and one that G-Maxes. This can be also with Mirah and Riley’s Pokémon. Sabrina’s Alakazam and Korrina’s Lucario can Mega Evolve while Riley’s Lucario and Mirah’s Alakazam can don’t. Also Mirah needs to probably trade her Kadabra to evolve it. Anyway, that can explain if Darach is synced with Gallade and it won’t Mega Evolve where as Wally’s will.

Well, Champion Iris is out now. Once Diantha is out, the loading screen puzzle is complete. Still wondering why Ryuki and Darach aren't out yet.
Hopefully Ryuki will be out on the “Trials on the Isles” events.

Also, why are Jessie, James, and Meowth the only exceptions with their Anime counterpart’s V.A.’s voicing their Master’s counterparts. I was hoping Michele Knotz could also reprise her role as May. Will Cristina Vee voice Marnie’s yet-to-be Anime counterpart in if she voiced Ash’s Riolu? If we have Klara, hopefully she’s Erica Mendez like in Twilight Wings because she voiced Hilda and Gardenia in Masters. Is it because they don’t want their voice to sound different in any counterparts?

The Mega Multishipper of Miroir Way
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her/they
Also, why are Jessie, James, and Meowth the only exceptions with their Anime counterpart’s V.A.’s voicing their Master’s counterparts. I was hoping Michele Knotz could also reprise her role as May. Will Cristina Vee voice Marnie’s yet-to-be Anime counterpart in if she voiced Ash’s Riolu? If we have Klara, hopefully she’s Erica Mendez like in Twilight Wings because she voiced Hilda and Gardenia in Masters. Is it because they don’t want their voice to sound different in any counterparts?
A few reasons/ideas:
They couldn't get the original voice actors.

Alternate interpretations os how the characters sound.

Jessie, James, and Meowth are more associated with the anime than other trainers. Sure, they've appeared in games like Yellow and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but you don't really think "wow, there's Jessie from Let's Go Pikachu"; you think "wow, there's Jessie from the anime". Similarly, you don't think "wow, there's Steven from the anime", you think "wow, there's Steven from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire". (I mean there are probably exceptions, but you get the idea). If you can't get Steven's OG voice actor, fine, but Jessie/James/Meowth's voices are so ingrained in their character in image that you kind of have to get their OG voice actor.

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
Jessie, James, and Meowth are more associated with the anime than other trainers. Sure, they've appeared in games like Yellow and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but you don't really think "wow, there's Jessie from Let's Go Pikachu"; you think "wow, there's Jessie from the anime". Similarly, you don't think "wow, there's Steven from the anime", you think "wow, there's Steven from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire". (I mean there are probably exceptions, but you get the idea). If you can't get Steven's OG voice actor, fine, but Jessie/James/Meowth's voices are so ingrained in their character in image that you kind of have to get their OG voice actor.
I think you hit the nail on the head. The Trio is an anime icon, was originally from the anime and only featured as an anime tie-in in the games, and has been present every season of the anime if I remember correctly. It would probably seem jarring or disappointing to hear someone else voice those iconic characters instead of the people who've been voicing them for ~20 years straight. On the other hand, characters that weren't so prominently featured in the anime could probably do with different voice actors because there isn't as much of a connection between anime actor and character. And for certain characters such as May, I think it's reasonable to assume that the Masters version is different from the Anime version, like an alt-universe version, so Masters can get away with using a different voice actor for her. Masters May seems to be more in line with Game May while Anime May is her own thing.

Reaction score
And this could also explains why they weren’t voiced when they were first introduced.

Next question who will voice Klara? Twilight and Masters are fully based off of the games and because Erica Mendez voiced Hilda and Gardenia, I wouldn’t be surprised if Klara was reprised by Mendez too. Why have Morris voice Marnie if she is part of the main Amine cast? I get that Sygna Blue has the same VA as Masters Blue because well, he is the same. I mean, they only need to record a few lines for each sync pair. They don’t add new lines for the same kind. Cherami Leigh maybe busy voicing Chloe for the next set but if there’s a special Kris or Mina, she could record a few more lines for Masters. Funny thing,
Rosa's BW2 trailer Japnese VA does reprise her in the Japanese dub.

Does anyone subscribe to Absol-lutley PM? They show a lot of sneak peeks of upcoming content on PM EX. He even has the voices of a few characters coming up. Anyway,
the next chapter is coming tonight at 11:59 PM and I wonder if we will get Olympia. I assume she’d be recruited from the Main Story as all of the female Kalosian Gym Leaders were obtained there while the male were obtained during Sync Pair scout.
I wonder what Pokémon that Alexa will have but she probably will be synced with Helioptile because
Easter 2021 Burgh will be synced with Togepi while Holiday Skyla is synced with Togekiss and it possibly won’t evolve into Heliolisk because of using a Sun Stone to evolve it like Mirah would with her Kadabra.

It would probably seem jarring or disappointing to hear someone else voice those iconic characters instead of the people who've been voicing them for ~20 years straight.
Also, they only voiced the characters since 2006, about 15 yrs.

Also, does anyone think the side stories (I.E.: Sync Pair stories and Events) are canon. There are a bunch of stories where a sync pair is un-evolved, then evolved, and then some not evolved while others are evolved and so on. Anyway, the stories in PM EX are like the core series timelines.

I assume that there’ll be 30 chs. in the Main Story. I’m hoping we’ll have no more interludes. I don’t know who our Full-Force Battle! for Trials on the Isle. I was expecting for Team Break to disband but no.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, does anyone think the side stories (I.E.: Sync Pair stories and Events) are canon. There are a bunch of stories where a sync pair is un-evolved, then evolved, and then some not evolved while others are evolved and so on. Anyway, the stories in PM EX are like the core series timelines.
Most likely. They usually don't connect to the main story (vice versa as well) so my headcannon is that the Sync Pair stories and events just introduce more characters to the island who can be recruited to fight in the PML.

Does anyone subscribe to Absol-lutley PM? They show a lot of sneak peeks of upcoming content on PM EX. He even has the voices of a few characters coming up. Anyway,
I have heard of him but from what I heard the way he gets some of his info is sketchy.

Reaction score
Most likely. They usually don't connect to the main story (vice versa as well) so my headcannon is that the Sync Pair stories and events just introduce more characters to the island who can be recruited to fight in the PML.
So what you think is that each story/event is just a way to promote new Sync Pairs for us to join our teams and compete in the PML while each side isn’t canon.

Update: The COVID pandemic couldn't have affected TTR to be voiced in the English dub since other characters were there too.

It was also DeNA's choice to pick which character should get which attire. It's probably their favorite attires. I don't know about any Gym Leader that hasn't appeared yet to have their original attire.

Last edited: