• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Seeing as how we have two Diancies, I don't think that Volo having Giratina would be too out of the question, especially if it's shiny or in its Origin form. The same goes for Adaman and Irida getting Dialga's and Palkia's primal forms. Though, it may be possible that Rei and Akari may get Dialga and Palkia. I know that Sabrina already has an Alakazam, but I don't think it would be too weird for Cyllene to be added with her Abra, especially if it's an unevolved unit, like Looker's Croagunk.

Do you guys think that we'll end up getting a Hisui chapter of the VA? I'm not exactly sure, but it could be a possibility.

Do you guys think that we'll end up getting a Hisui chapter of the VA? I'm not exactly sure, but it could be a possibility.

DeNA had the Villain Arc already planned. Whoever’s there in the thumbnail is who it’ll be. Maybe we will see Hisui (and maybe Paldea) in the following arc. On the contrary, I bet all of you are hoping Pikachu and Eevee cries will be changed.

DeNA had the Villain Arc already planned. Whoever’s there in the thumbnail is who it’ll be. Maybe we will see Hisui (and maybe Paldea) in the following arc. On the contrary, I bet all of you are hoping Pikachu and Eevee cries will be changed.

They can always add more later. If Paldea ends up coming, there's no way that doesn't get a VA, I think the only way the VA stops at Galar is if EoS is coming soon, and I'm not quite sure it is.

Plus there’ll be probably a big Villain Arc finale like maybe a big Masters League. I do hope they update the thumbnail. May I add that not any Galar characters appeared in the PML Arc. Also, I perder they don’t do anymore Interludes in between chapters (like they did with Johto and Sinnoh). Of course, the Villain Arc is probably developing Paulo’s character depth. This is also similar to why the PML Arc interludes focused on Lear and we got Lear and co. being Poké Fair Scouts. Maybe DeNA is releasing Paulo and Tina to become Poké Fair Scouts. I wish DeNA would release multiple chapters in the Arc like they used to. But apparently they want a change and it was when DeNA was getting the kinks of stories to add to the apps and didn’t have enough money.

About the VAs, if they've been giving Ikue Ohtani a recurrent payiment then it's likely they'll replace her soon, but if it was a once-and-done payment then Pikachu'll keep its voice for eternity. And knowing how the dubbing industry works in most of the world I think the latter is more likely.

It's nice to see content from Legends being added, through apparently it will be a while befora Hisuian forms are added...

media_FxRgJtSakAAbiBo.jpg

Irida is suffering from culture shock.

Culture shock? They had dolls in her era.

Though some abject bullshit stands out to me in this story.
--Irida claims the distortions happened because of the rift, though Hisuian Snow showed the distortions happening long before the rift opened
--Dawn has never heard of Hisui. Did you fall asleep in history class, Dawn? Are you all brawn and no brains? Also, 150 years ago isn't "ancient", Lucas.
--Cyrus calls it "unscientific" that Dialga and Palkia should talk to the clan leaders. Cyrus I know you have twenty mental illnesses and are banned from most public spaces but there is nothing unscientific about that whatsoever you already know full well that pokemon can communicate in a wide variety of ways.

Love how Saturn and Mars get compared to their ancestors but Jupiter just stands there and does nothing. She doesn't even get any lines. Don't worry, Jupiter, if they make more Legends games you'll get an ancestor. Though I always thought the "female guard with lantern" generic looked a lot like her only with black hair so I low key headcanon that Wandering Wanda is somewhere in her family tree.

bout the VAs, if they've been giving Ikue Ohtani a recurrent payiment then it's likely they'll replace her soon, but if it was a once-and-done payment then Pikachu'll keep its voice for eternity. And knowing how the dubbing industry works in most of the world I think the latter is more likely.

Since new games are having Pikachu (and Eevee) without name saying (despite Masuda saying that people hear Pikachu with Otani voiceover in 3D games), I feel like DeNA should update stuff so the former is more likely.

They'll replace Ikue Otani's Pikachu audio now? Dear lord...is this TPCi's doing or TPC Japan's if it occurs, curious, ultimately here?

I look forward to more Hisui content especially if Volo gets to interact with Cynthia. Although if the theory that he is the Hiker from the Arceus event is true then that might be a little weird since there would be two Volos lol. But then again Masters!Cynthia is from Platinum and PLA always takes place in the Diamond universe for some mysterious reason (you can tell by looking at Spear Pillar) so maybe he wouldn't technically be the Volo who is her ancestor.

Now when I think about it, there should be two Cyruses as well since he is from the Pearl universe. I wonder if this will ever be important or if they are just doing the multiverse thing just because they can.

I look forward to more Hisui content especially if Volo gets to interact with Cynthia. Although if the theory that he is the Hiker from the Arceus event is true then that might be a little weird since there would be two Volos lol. But then again Masters!Cynthia is from Platinum and PLA always takes place in the Diamond universe for some mysterious reason (you can tell by looking at Spear Pillar) so maybe he wouldn't technically be the Volo who is her ancestor.

Now when I think about it, there should be two Cyruses as well since he is from the Pearl universe. I wonder if this will ever be important or if they are just doing the multiverse thing just because they can.

I know each game is different from one another but they still are in one big universe. Watch Bird Keeper Toby’s timeline video and you might get it. Of course Mina’s age is a separate timeline but she could’ve been swept in time in young age from 2012. Mallow might have an in-universe Mandela Effect or she could possibly mean Trial Captains need to find another job when they’re about 20? Does anyone have Mallow’s quote from the Japanese release?

Anyway, I do wonder why Paulo appears in Kalos VA chapter despite being captured by the Shadow Triad. I hope Emmet will be introduced to the Pearl Clan. Still wonder why EX Player and Solgeleo.

Can you explain the Spear Pillar thing? It looks different between versions? I had Platinum so I wouldn't know how.

Can you explain the Spear Pillar thing? It looks different between versions? I had Platinum so I wouldn't know how.
Yes
Diamond version :
Spear_Pillar_D.png

Pearl version :
Spear_Pillar_P.png
platinum version :
Spear_Pillar_Pt.png
maxresdefault.jpg
Screenshot_2023-06-05-06-44-45-496_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
in pla
That's strange.

Last edited:
Pokemon masters has gotten their character animations and expressions overall to be much, much better, but the eyes are kind of disproportionate? you know what they say; "An eye for an eye"

So I just unlocked Elesa's 2nd Lodge Event and wow, she really cranks up the romance to 11. And while I, the adult man playing the game have no issue with that whatsoever, as someone on the Masters Discord reminded me, Scottie/Bettie are highly likely to be underaged (honestly they don't even look older than 12 IMO). And when you think of it like that.... yeah I think that scene might've crossed a line (or at the very least, it really skirts the line). Not sure DeNA should've gone this hard on the romance in that scene.

Back
Top Bottom