• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Wanna bet on that?

This game is absolutely not "winding down". lmao

If the game isn't winding down then what are they going to do for story and/or player engagement? Just more events? Ending the VA arc is shooting themselves in the foot, players are going to get bored easier if they cut down on new content like this, so even if it's not their plan to end it soon, revenue and player engagement will start to drop as people lose interest.

Not sure what will happen to Hisui either. They should probably add more characters eventually?

Well they already started Hisui and Adaman/Irida hinted in their introductory event that they'll help other Hisui pairs get accustomed to Pasio, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that more Hisui characters are coming.

A villain arc with the Paldea characters would probably be difficult since the closest thing we have to a villain is the professor who already passed away.

Probably the A.I.s becoming unwilling antagonists through something the original professors left in their programming. Not that hard, and Kalos and Alola VAs didn't really have true villains (aside from TR manipulating stuff behind the scenes) despite those regions having much more defined villains, so it's not like they need a villain anyway.

If the game isn't winding down then what are they going to do for story and/or player engagement? Just more events?
-Taps on my avatar-
Ending the VA arc is shooting themselves in the foot, players are going to get bored easier if they cut down on new content like this, so even if it's not their plan to end it soon, revenue and player engagement will start to drop as people lose interest.
They could start a Rivals arc, or the Neo Champions arc or anything else. The sky is the limit. So it's really strange for you to think that the Villains are the only content people are interested in.

Besides, before the Villains arc started, we had Lear confirming that another round of the PML would begin shortly.

If the game isn't winding down then what are they going to do for story and/or player engagement? Just more events? Ending the VA arc is shooting themselves in the foot, players are going to get bored easier if they cut down on new content like this, so even if it's not their plan to end it soon, revenue and player engagement will start to drop as people lose interest.
They could start a Rivals arc, or the Neo Champions arc or anything else. The sky is the limit. So it's really strange for you to think that the Villains are the only content people are interested in.

Besides, before the Villains arc started, we had Lear confirming that another round of the PML would begin shortly.

Might as well watch this video

Jirachi for Tanabata seems like a no-brainer, I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. I hope I can get it.

Like someone said above, it makes no sense for the "Villain Arc" theme to continue when Paldea has no real villains, and I'm no expect in this type of games but I know that more end whenever the cost surpasses the revenue than when their story is finished.

-Taps on my avatar-

Those would make good supplements to the Villians arc, but not a good replacement. Yeah, I could think up a zillion things like that too, but to make a good main story there needs to be stakes. This is probably why Pokemon tends to go for the "save the world from the Poke-apolcalypse" plots that some people are sick of, it's the easiest way to accomplish that. It would also be easier for DeNA to just draw from the existing plots from the main games, hence the VA. PML2 might be a good main story for the game as a whole, but if they want to continue making storylines for new regions like Paldea, they'll probably want to have some type of story mode to have an arc where they have to fight against Paradox Mons appearing on Pasio with the professors as villains. And I can't really see a way to do that without feeling like it should just be another VA.

So the datamine has come out recently and it seems like there's some pretty big changes coming this month. Seems that I was DEAD wrong about EoS, if anything this might suggest that the game's continuing for another 2 or 3 years at least.

-New roles are being added to the game! There are two new roles called Sprint and Field. Sprint pairs seem to revolve around reducing Sync Move countdown while Field revolves around setting field effects (i.e. weather/terrain/zone effects). Additionally, the EX effects for these new pairs are as follows:

Sprint: The first time the user's sync move is used in battle, the sync move countdown is reduced by 3
Field: Implements the user's field effect just before the user's sync move is used for the first time in battle and extends the field effect duration for that time.

-Paldea confirmed! Nemona & Pawmot Pokefair is coming August 8. Nemona & Pawmot are an Electric Sprint pair.
-Players are going to be given a new Sync Pair of Victor & Spectrier for free. They are a Ghost Field pair that can set Ghost Zone upon entering battle

So the datamine has come out recently and it seems like there's some pretty big changes coming this month. Seems that I was DEAD wrong about EoS, if anything this might suggest that the game's continuing for another 2 or 3 years at least.

-New roles are being added to the game! There are two new roles called Sprint and Field. Sprint pairs seem to revolve around reducing Sync Move countdown while Field revolves around setting field effects (i.e. weather/terrain/zone effects). Additionally, the EX effects for these new pairs are as follows:

Sprint: The first time the user's sync move is used in battle, the sync move countdown is reduced by 3
Field: Implements the user's field effect just before the user's sync move is used for the first time in battle and extends the field effect duration for that time.

-Paldea confirmed! Nemona & Pawmot Pokefair is coming August 8. Nemona & Pawmot are an Electric Sprint pair.
-Players are going to be given a new Sync Pair of Victor & Spectrier for free. They are a Ghost Field pair that can set Ghost Zone upon entering battle
Finally Vector gets another Sync Pair yay
Double finally: Nemona yay
(I’m listening to her English VA clips and when she says her name-)
Holy cucumber I can’t wait until August 8

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally Vector gets another Sync Pair yay
Double finally: Nemona yay (and I’m listening to her English VA clips and when she says her name- Holy cucumber I can’t wait until August 8

You should probably spoiler this in case there's people that want to wait for official announcements.

Anyway yeah, I'm pretty excited for Nemona. And Paldea sync pairs in general really, I most want Iono. And I also want to catch the SS Lyra rerun.

RIP my gems.

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems like Palmer is coming soon, I wonder if the hidden trainer is an NPC or someone who isn't in the game at all

Last edited:
it seems like Palmer is coming soon, I wonder if the hidden trainer is an NPC or someone who isn't in the game at all

i imagine the other trainer + palmer will probably be the anniversary pairs, so it's bound to be someone important. palmer makes sense because he was in the trailer and has been anticipated for years, but i really wonder who the other one is going to be? maybe another sv character, but i don't imagine they'd do another sv character right after dropping nemona, esp considering nemona would've been SUPER hyped up if she was an anniversary pair. perhaps the other unit is someone else battle frontier related though??

was revisiting the trailer to try to get a general gist of how many characters from it arent in the game or are but arent playable yet. im surprised most of them are actually in finally, i remember back in late 2020 talking w my friends regularly abt how many trailer characters were still mentioned.
aside from palmer, i don't think any characters in the trailer who aren't already playable would be anniversary units aside from maybe paulo. i think paulo is an EXTREMELY probable contender considering the story arc with him currently, but we'll see, they might wait until its 100% fully over first for that.

aside from that i think more legends arceus characters is possible for anniversary. volo is insanely popular from all angles of the fanbase, but it could also depend on if there's a specific theme they're going for for the anniversary.

We've been fooled.

I don't think Argenta will be added any time soon but I wonder if they'll give her a Sinnoh Lake legendary since she's the only Frontier Brain who uses them.

Last edited:
i imagine the other trainer + palmer will probably be the anniversary pairs, so it's bound to be someone important. palmer makes sense because he was in the trailer and has been anticipated for years, but i really wonder who the other one is going to be? maybe another sv character, but i don't imagine they'd do another sv character right after dropping nemona, esp considering nemona would've been SUPER hyped up if she was an anniversary pair. perhaps the other unit is someone else battle frontier related though??
I'm looking forward to him coming to the game too. Just the other day, I realized that he's the only character from the trailer who's not in the game yet. Bulbapedia speaks of something called the Pokémon Masters EX photobooth, is that the evidence you speak of?

well this aged(i mean, she doesnt have a lake legendary or a legendary at all but shes in there)
I'm really (pleasantly) surprised !! In fact I wanted her to come soon but I didn't want to give anyone false hopes.
And there's Dana too !
In the manga Argenta had a Dragonite that knew Steel Wing, maybe they chose Skarmory to reference this.

Back
Top Bottom