• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

The Cynthia sync outfit looks so wrong purely because Garchomp is supposed to be her ace.
Exactly!

That happens if companies other than GameFreak, which obviously have no or little idea of Pokemon, are allowed to develop Pokemon games. Why is this possible in the first place? (Just look at Pokemon Go. Sure, it was a good game but it also felt differently in some way)
I'm looking forward to the game, but I do not want Cynthia's outfit and appearance to be changed like that! Don't start experimenting with ultra popular characters!
Let's just hope the whole synga suit thing won't play a major role in the game

Last edited:
The Cynthia sync outfit looks so wrong purely because Garchomp is supposed to be her ace.

It is her ace in this game. Sygna suits trainers are alts for the original, that is why Sygna Suit Brock and original Brock do not both have Onix.

It is her ace in this game. Sygna suits trainers are alts for the original, that is why Sygna Suit Brock and original Brock do not both have Onix.

I know but couldn't they at least make the design not Pokémon-inspired and generic instead. Like, it's not that hard to take away the Kommo'o scales and replace them by like that black fur or something akin to the coattail of her original outfit.

I know but couldn't they at least make the design not Pokémon-inspired and generic instead. Like, it's not that hard to take away the Kommo'o scales and replace them by like that black fur or something akin to the coattail of her original outfit.
Her original clothes is a combination of Lucario and Umbreon.

Her original clothes is a combination of Lucario and Umbreon.

Eh, unless it's outright stated somewhere, I'm just going to assume that as something straight out of the fanbase, seeing that I've seen that around purely because of the hairclips.

Eh, unless it's outright stated somewhere, I'm just going to assume that as something straight out of the fanbase, seeing that I've seen that around purely because of the hairclips.
At least with Leon's design he makes himself look like a king with the crown pattern in his cap and hair, cape and beard.

Speaking of which, perhaps there maybe some update in Masters that is SwSh related. Might even have some of the characters be unlockable like Milo, Nessa, Bea, Marnie, Bea, Hop, etc.

Ah, so your gripe was with the outfit itself. I agree with you in that case, they could have made the inspiration more subtle than what was presented.

Ah, so your gripe was with the outfit itself. I agree with you in that case, they could have made the inspiration more subtle than what was presented.
If anyone want a Kommo-O scale outfit, then play as the male character, save up a huge amount of money and duyit in a boutique shop in in SM, USUM.

To those who have been playing this game: How is it looking so far? Is it fun? Is it hard? Is the pay 2 win heavy, or does it seem like you can beat this game with the worst freebie characters possible? Does the dialogue and story look promising?

I haven't heard any impressions of the pre-release demo anywhere, and I'm just curious what anybody thinks of it.
  1. You don't need to pay to win. The freebies are good enough; 5-star pairs are hard to get (except for Rosa) and you can just increase the potential of other pairs instead. Don't stick to just a few if you want to benefit from the type chart.
  2. I find it hard because apparently I am missing something about earning enough level up items. The game was fun enough before this became apparent.
  3. The story is pretty standard for a Pokemon game, except without the hook of some mystery legendary if that appeals to you. Lear is hard to take seriously, but he does pack an ego.
  4. The dialogue is fine. Some characters can be surprising at times, but overall they talk about getting stronger and being good partners. It gets old.

1. You don't need to pay to win. The freebies are good enough; 5-star pairs are hard to get (except for Rosa) and you can just increase the potential of other pairs instead. Don't stick to just a few if you want to benefit from the type chart.
  2. I find it hard because apparently I am missing something about earning enough level up items. The game was fun enough before this became apparent.
  3. The story is pretty standard for a Pokemon game, except without the hook of some mystery legendary if that appeals to you. Lear is hard to take seriously, but he does pack an ego.
  4. The dialogue is fine. Some characters can be surprising at times, but overall they talk about getting stronger and being good partners. It gets old.
Personally I'm wanting to get one sync pair, and she's a 4 star. I'm concerned that she will be hard to get via cashing in. Unless you would say most of the cast will be free to get via story. But then that would take too long to get to her because she is from Gen 4.

If you mean Gardenia, then she's unlikely to become a freebie because that would be unfair to those who already got her. I did, by the way.

If you mean Gardenia, then she's unlikely to become a freebie because that would be unfair to those who already got her. I did, by the way.
What do you mean by that? Please don't be rude or snarky, I'm just asking if she is via cash? Please tell me honestly and less of a wit.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that? Please don't be rude or snarky, I'm just asking if she is via cash? Please tell me honestly and less of a wit.
I wasn't being snarky. I thought you knew that she is one of the characters that require gems, but that doesn't mean that you have to spend real money on her. Luck is involved either way; money just gives you more attempts.

From the looks of it, the next batch of free characters are currently unobtainable. Maybe when the game is over a year old, they won't mind being generous with the likes of Gardenia.

I wasn't being snarky. I thought you knew that she is one of the characters that require gems, but that doesn't mean that you have to spend real money on her. Luck is involved either way; money just gives you more attempts.

From the looks of it, the next batch of free characters are currently unobtainable. Maybe when the game is over a year old, they won't mind being generous with the likes of Gardenia.
I've heard that by collecting enough points or something through each move in a battle, you can pick any character you want, from what one said when playing it.

You collect those points through scouting trainers, and unfortunately, it's impossible to get enough points by the deadline - unless you spend a lot of money. Just ignore it.

You collect those points through scouting trainers, and unfortunately, it's impossible to get enough points by the deadline - unless you spend a lot of money. Just ignore it.
So you can get gems via battles and or money, and since she's a 4 star, Gardenia would have about like a 20%-30% chance compared to the rare 5 Stars and the more common 3 Stars. And a much lesser chance compaired with all the other 4 star characters.

Still, that's Gacha Games for you. I'll try my luck reguardless.

If you did get Gardenia, how long did it took and how much money/gems?

20%-30%... More like 1.111% due to the size of the roster. The odds are against you, I'm afraid. Your best bet is not expecting it to happen and giving the other characters a chance; if you play long enough, she might surprise you one day.

20%-30%... More like 1.111% due to the size of the roster. The odds are against you, I'm afraid. Your best bet is not expecting it to happen and giving the other characters a chance; if you play long enough, she might surprise you one day.
In other words... Find her when you're not looking for her.

Sorry, I have been busy with this Fanzine for months, and she happens to play a big role in it. I'm having so much fun with her character based on the anime. (It's also part of developing my writing skills and character development for future non-pokemon original stories.)

Even so...

3 Stars: 78%
4 Stars 26%
5 Stars 7%

So there's still a chance of getting Gardenia, even though the stacks are getting mostly 3 and 4 stars, plus repeats of the same character that would increase their strength.

When they say generous, that I know is as much of a big lie as the chocolate cake...

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/920976318027644928

Last edited:
Does the game not have rate-up banners or something?

They way I see it described the gacha mechanism is just horrible. 5-stars are hard to get which is bound to happen in a gacha (Which is semi-acceptable if the in-game currency is consistently earned.) but 4-stars should never be as hard to get as I see it being mentioned here.

Back
Top Bottom