• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Are there? You'd think he'd have a Bulbasaur especially with the Poke Ball on his desk in the trailer. Anything else would be rather random.

I was going to say something about the Red, Blue and Leaf already using the starters, but apparently only Red is doing this? Well, this goes to the list of things I don't get about Masters.
Admittedly, Pidgeot is Blue's lead in the rival battles and Generation II Gym battle, and his ace in Generation IV, so I can understand that choice. As for Leaf and Eevee, I can see that Eevee reflecting the in-game gift Eevee from Celadon City, but why they chose to give her that instead of a starter, I don't know.

Sygna Blue definitely looks Blastoise-themed. I suppose that Venusaur could go to Sygna Leaf, regular Red (he already has a Sygna outfit) or even Prof. Sycamore, but Tauros would be random for Oak. Most people have no idea about the unused data and let's just say that his team was too similar to Blue's. Even Nidorino would make more sense since it's associated with the classic opening (Oak vs. Agatha way back when?) and Oak introduction.

Last edited:
We now know Professor Oak's sync pair partner!

Masters151.png

...Mew!

I thought that it might happen since the trailer seemed appropriate for another legendary/mythical event. Lance and Cynthia were tied to Giovanni and the same thing happened with Steven and Zinnia. When you think about it, a trailer promoting a 2% chance to get a new character is a little too much.

It would be nice if Blue and Leaf were part of the event.

Oak's sync pair event is by far the best event in the game (not just in this category). I'm glad that my Nidorino prediction was right despite Mew's inclusion, and that Blue and Agatha played a nice role. Even Blaine name dropped Fuji, although he didn't seem to know anything about Mew.

I thought that I'd have to do co-op again, which would have been a little obnoxious.

Even Blaine name dropped Fuji, although he didn't seem to know anything about Mew.
Could be that Blaine wasn't involved in the Mewtwo project in any way in the games. Which I've actually kinda suspected already. I personally prefer Fuji being the sole creator of Mewtwo instead of Blaine, like in Pokémon Adventures.

Could be that Blaine wasn't involved in the Mewtwo project in any way in the games. Which I've actually kinda suspected already. I personally prefer Fuji being the sole creator of Mewtwo instead of Blaine, like in Pokémon Adventures.
I didn't think he was involved, either. Fuji is the one that wrote all the journal entries, and the fact that the experiment was done in his own mansion suggests that he kept it a secret. Blaine was his friend, but still.

Is Kris described as Elm's assistant in this game, or have I just made that up? I don't have her, and it's not well-documented on Bulbapedia.

No. She only mentions Oak and Agatha, since she is interested in both ecology and battling (and those two represent the two extremes). But it seems that what she's really into is Pokemon psychology and meeting Suicune again.

She has the most interesting dialogue in my opinion. It's a shame that she never interacts with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom