• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Admittedly, I associate Silver more so with Feraligatr due to Adventures and how it fits him the most out of all of the Johto starters, but that obviously can't happen with Kris already being in the game. Weavile would have been a more fitting choice if they didn't want to give him a Legendary Pokemon. A part of me kind of would have preferred Lugia for Silver, especially when it is one of my favorite Legendary Pokemon, but Ho-Oh is an interesting choice. I don't mind the inclusion of Legendary Pokemon in the game. Aside from Professor Oak and Mew, none of the choices have felt too random. Plus, if Silver does get paired with Ho Oh and they have a similar kind of event as they did with the other Legendary Pokemon, then I don't have to struggle against the odds and use up a lot of gems in the off-chance that I'd be lucky enough to get them, so that's a nice bonus at least for me.

Mew is a reasonable choice for Oak.

1. Oak is all about Pokedex completion. Mew is one step beyond that.
2. Mew appeared in Oak's backyard in Origins and SM.
3. Oak saw Mew along with Go and Koharu. He already knew some facts about it.
4. He cared about the mirage Mew in the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon.
5. The only logical alternative is Nidorino, which they implemented creatively. But would Nidoking fit? Not so much.

I wouldn't say the trailer necessarily confirms Silver and Ho-oh. It might just be a hint that Ho-oh is coming (With someone else) and that Silver is just someone that plays a role in the story, akin to Kukui in the Zinnia and Rayquaza one.

Silver not getting Feraligatr is a mistake.

After seeing this post I don't think Silver having Ho-oh is too Farfetch'd. Although Pokemon Masters is a spin-off with a different continuity, it is technically taking place after the events of each game if dialogue and events are anything to go by. This video is still just a teaser though, and maybe Silver simply appears in a theoretical Ho-oh event.

I wouldn't say the trailer necessarily confirms Silver and Ho-oh. It might just be a hint that Ho-oh is coming (With someone else) and that Silver is just someone that plays a role in the story, akin to Kukui in the Zinnia and Rayquaza one.

Silver not getting Feraligatr is a mistake.
Which someone, exactly? A Sygna Johto player character? They wouldn't stand out as much as Silver will. Besides, he's holding the Rainbow Wing, so it's a done deal.

Honestly, I'm still struggling to determine how I feel about Dawn being paired with Turtwig. On one hand, I'm happy that we're not getting an exclusively male trinity for the Sinnoh starters. On the other hand, it presents the implication that Dawn is going to appear as Rowan's assistant, what with her having the type advantage over Barry, and I feel like that makes her status as Turtwig's trainer somewhat less significant. That being said, if she or Barry arrived in Pasio courtesy of Hoopa, then the second point should be moot as that would make her being Johanna's daughter more plausible.

ycxijvezvlj41.png

I know Elesa is a supermodel, but is she supposed to be this tall? In every cutscene, she is like at least a head taller than all the other characters

I know Elesa is a supermodel, but is she supposed to be this tall? In every cutscene, she is like at least a head taller than all the other characters
I feel that graphical limitations of the Gen V might be why it didn't look like this at the time. I mean, can you really judge height from her overworld sprite and her battle sprite?

I feel that graphical limitations of the Gen V might be why it didn't look like this at the time. I mean, can you really judge height from her overworld sprite and her battle sprite?

Not really... But in other media such as the anime or the manga, Elesa never appeared to be that tall.

Also in one of the cutscenes with Marley, Elesa is even taller than a freaking Arcanine! (An Arcanine is 1.9m tall)

Not really... But in other media such as the anime or the manga, Elesa never appeared to be that tall.

Also in one of the cutscenes with Marley, Elesa is even taller than a freaking Arcanine! (An Arcanine is 1.9m tall)
Hold on, are you saying she's as tall as anime!Surge? Okay, now I get why you say she's too tall.

Either Snorlax or a special Pikachu (they've just given the player character a Charmander) would be my bet.

Back
Top Bottom