• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I'm trying to figure out what role Dawn and Turtwig would have in-game. Currently, a physical Grass striker sounds the most reasonable given the line's movepool. Any thoughts?

This game is getting a lot more fun. Like, it's still a massive grind, but I've been playing consistently for a month now, so that's something. Grinding orbs to fill out grids is a good time-waster. Battle villa is also super fun. I probably won't reach Thorton this season, but I wish we had more parts of the game that were like this. I want to play it more than just ten minutes a day.

Also, I'm starting to think that pulling on Pokefair banners is the way to go. That 10% five-star pull rate is nice. I've pulled exclusively on these banners since Cynthia dropped as an F2P player, and I the only pairs I'm missing are Rosanta, Lance, Hilbert and Red sobs

I know Elesa is a supermodel, but is she supposed to be this tall? In every cutscene, she is like at least a head taller than all the other characters
Someone on Reddit calculated it based on model height, and she's apparently over six feet tall.

They've also done it for a few others.

Hilbert and Calem's heights surely aren't what Game Freak intended. They're both at least 14 (Hilbert was designed to be 16, but they ended up saying he was 14), and Calem towers over his friends in XY.

Otherwise, these look okay.

Hilbert and Calem's heights surely aren't what Game Freak intended. They're both at least 14 (Hilbert was designed to be 16, but they ended up saying he was 14), and Calem towers over his friends in XY.

Otherwise, these look okay.

While I expected Hilbert to be taller, I can understand it if they plan to use a Sygna suit for him that's supposed to be after the timeskip which would be taller Hilbert. And you can easily make his height whatever since the sprites don't really show anything in terms of height reliably. (Like, I don't think anyone expected Elesa to ever be 186 cm tall.)

Calem, indeed, takes me by surprise. Expected the dude to be 1,70 meters at least.

Last edited:
A female model can reach 1.8m, sometimes more. I'm assuming that whoever measured Elesa's model included the heels.

I wonder who else might be taller than 1.8m. Lt. Surge? Bruno? Crasher Wake? Marshal? Lusamine? Surely Drayden, Raihan, Ghetsis, Lysandre and AZ if they make it into the game.

Last edited:
A female model can reach 1.8m, sometimes more. I'm assuming that whoever measured Elesa's model included the heels.

I wonder who else might be taller than 1.8m. Lt. Surge? Bruno? Crasher Wake? Marshal? Lusamine? Surely Drayden, Raihan, Ghetsis, Lysandre and AZ if they make it into the game.

Nah, Lusamine would be smaller I think. Drayden, Raihan, Ghetsis, Lysandre and AZ for sure. Maybe N. Leon too I suppose.

So I read a post on twitter theorizing that Wally, Dawn, and Lillie could all be free based on the fact that the first animated trailer featured Scottie/Bettie teamed up with free units (i.e., Scottie with Rosa, Brock, and Erika and Bettie with Barry and Iris). Given that this was also applicable to the Mewtwo trailer, I'm inclined to agree with them. What say you?

So I read a post on twitter theorizing that Wally, Dawn, and Lillie could all be free based on the fact that the first animated trailer featured Scottie/Bettie teamed up with free units (i.e., Scottie with Rosa, Brock, and Erika and Bettie with Barry and Iris). Given that this was also applicable to the Mewtwo trailer, I'm inclined to agree with them. What say you?

I really don't think Dawn will be free like Rosa was. Protags are 5-stars and considering she has a Turtwig, I don't think she's tied to an event.

Wally, no idea. Maybe. Lillie I can see.

But most of the free units aren't very good, so I'd rather not. Yes, I know Torchic and Lucario are good but those are 2 out of do I know how many.

But most of the free units aren't very good, so I'd rather not. Yes, I know Torchic and Lucario are good but those are 2 out of do I know how many.
I'll have you know Norman is pure and not-trashy.

I really don't think Dawn will be free like Rosa was. Protags are 5-stars and considering she has a Turtwig, I don't think she's tied to an event.

Wally, no idea. Maybe. Lillie I can see.

Fair enough. Honestly, it's not too consequential to me whether they are free or not, though I would be happy if it turns out that they are all going to be released over the next two months.

Do you know if this event covers Pokemon Sword and Shield or titles from lastest pokemon game generation? Cause' I've been reading since a few hours post here about this event but I don't know if it is only for Pokemon GO. Any help shall be appreciate it

Do you know if this event covers Pokemon Sword and Shield or titles from lastest pokemon game generation? Cause' I've been reading since a few hours post here about this event but I don't know if it is only for Pokemon GO. Any help shall be appreciate it

Pokemon Masters is a mobile game. It is not related to Pokemon GO or Pokemon Sword & Shield, however characters from Sword & Shield will appear in Pokemon Masters one day.

Pokemon Masters is a mobile game. It is not related to Pokemon GO or Pokemon Sword & Shield, however characters from Sword & Shield will appear in Pokemon Masters one day.

Have they confirmed this? God, I hope so, but I'm wondering if they'll just stop at everything before SwSh.

On a side note, but have they confirmed Sabrina and Oak's VAs? My ears suck, but I keep thinking that's actually Ortiz and Zagnit.

Have they confirmed this? God, I hope so, but I'm wondering if they'll just stop at everything before SwSh.

On a side note, but have they confirmed Sabrina and Oak's VAs? My ears suck, but I keep thinking that's actually Ortiz and Zagnit.

They haven't confirmed any Sword/Shield characters for the game yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't do that eventually. They already had some characters talk about the Galar region around the time the games first came out, so they aren't avoiding them. They probably just want to focus more on some of the older characters first before adding in the most recent ones. Plus, I'm sure that they'll eventually want all of the starter and mascot Legendary Pokemon available in Masters. I could easily see the playable characters, Hop, Leon, Bede and Marnie being added into Masters too.

They haven't confirmed any Sword/Shield characters for the game yet, but I don't see why they wouldn't do that eventually. They already had some characters talk about the Galar region around the time the games first came out, so they aren't avoiding them. They probably just want to focus more on some of the older characters first before adding in the most recent ones. Plus, I'm sure that they'll eventually want all of the starter and mascot Legendary Pokemon available in Masters. I could easily see the playable characters, Hop, Leon, Bede and Marnie being added into Masters too.
Maybe they could use them to tie-in with the SwSh expansions?

Maybe they could use them to tie-in with the SwSh expansions?

That's possible. I was thinking of waiting until the first anniversary of Sword/Shield's release, but a tie-in with the DLC expansion packs sounds pretty likely too. I'm positive that Leon will show up with his Charizard. That could lead to three different Charizard in the game, but Gigantamax Charizard is Leon's most recognizable Pokemon and I'm sure that they wouldn't want to pass up on that either.

It's confusing on who the game canon protagonists are. In the Anime, the girl protagonists are the daughters of their respective game PC parents (e.g.: May is Norman’s Anime child while in the game, she isn’t picked, she’s Birch’s). I just wish DeNA would've made a better choice and stick to having May with Treecko or have Birch be unlocked in the main story.

What also is weird that they put Flint in the front during co-op instead of the back behind Shauntal and have Shauntal be competed with the Street Thugs. Flint is the boss. Not Shauntal.

On the bright side, I have this: .

What do you think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom