• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

At first I thought May, Dawn, and Serena wouldn’t appear until the trailer with Bettie seeing more new sync pairs to come. Sure they had Lyra in the Anime but then she wasn't one of the main characters. So what makes Dawn appear? Well the main reason is pseudo players.

Sure Kris and Leaf have appeared and they haven’t been pseudo but then there is Green and Lyra but they aren’t the same characters. I don’t even know if Chase, Elaine, and Trace will appear too.

@Hidden Mew, what do you think?

Last edited:
I'm really trying to get Jasmine and have bunch of gems but I need money.

Me, using 5 3-star crunchy cookies on Cynthia: Here's power flux and power reserves!
Me, randomly using 1 2-star crunchy cookie on Cynthia: CRITICAL STRIKE 2

LUCK SACK
Omg luckyyy I’m honestly not even sure how the cookies work tbh lol. I got Speeding Sand on Karen which was eh but then I tried again and got Lithe (prevents Par) which I thought was great so I stuck with it. I don’t ever really do the endurance tower thingy so I’m trying to be conservative with what I’m getting from the Blissey event.

Have you guys even looked at the animation compared from Masters to Sword and Shield?

Omg luckyyy I’m honestly not even sure how the cookies work tbh lol. I got Speeding Sand on Karen which was eh but then I tried again and got Lithe (prevents Par) which I thought was great so I stuck with it. I don’t ever really do the endurance tower thingy so I’m trying to be conservative with what I’m getting from the Blissey event.

Yeah the cookies are just gacha on gacha. Good luck with that whole 'nother level of gachaism hahaha

Have you guys even looked at the animation compared from Masters to Sword and Shield?

Not particularly. Did something catch your eye?

Did something remarkable about the animation between Masters and SwSh catch your eye?

Well Sword and Shield have more quality of CGI animation than Masters.

I’ll give you two pictures:
Left is SwSh and right is Masters. They are files because I’m on my phone and the add pictures is disabled.

Attachments

• 233BF951-1EAB-4602-9E2D-76FDF6C0CB73.jpeg
    233BF951-1EAB-4602-9E2D-76FDF6C0CB73.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 255D43FD-3053-4781-9934-729708C3572A.jpeg
    255D43FD-3053-4781-9934-729708C3572A.jpeg
    824.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Well Sword and Shield have more quality of CGI animation than Masters.
This is probably because SwSh is a rather expensive game on a console while Masters is a free gacha game for your phone.

Speaking of animations, from the brief stint were I played Masters for about a week or two after its release, I have to say its animation are quite high quality for a phone game, at least in my opinion.

This is probably because SwSh is a rather expensive game on a console while Masters is a free gacha game for your phone.

Speaking of animations, from the brief stint were I played Masters for about a week or two after its release, I have to say its animation are quite high quality for a phone game, at least in my opinion.

But then how are they going to render SwSh characters in the animation style from Masters?

Last edited:
As much as the Turtwig line has always been my favorite starter line and I'm so glad it's finally making it in, I would've MUCH rather they picked Lucas to use Turtwig instead, because of how strongly Dawn is associated with Piplup thanks to the anime.

Mind you, it's already well-established that the games & anime are separate canons, and Masters happens in its own sort of time rip that can't be tracked for purposes of the games' continuity...but still. If it were me I would've either not included Dawn in Masters, or given Barry Chimchar from the beginning instead. It just suits his personality so well.

So what's next? Serena & Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja?

As much as the Turtwig line has always been my favorite starter line and I'm so glad it's finally making it in, I would've MUCH rather they picked Lucas to use Turtwig instead, because of how strongly Dawn is associated with Piplup thanks to the anime.

Mind you, it's already well-established that the games & anime are separate canons, and Masters happens in its own sort of time rip that can't be tracked for purposes of the games' continuity...but still. If it were me I would've either not included Dawn in Masters, or given Barry Chimchar from the beginning instead. It just suits his personality so well.

You said it. I also wanted to have Brendan aiming to be a professor instead of a gym leader or have May be synced with Treecko.

Masters mostly takes from the games right? IIRC an ORAS trailer had Brendan with Treecko and May with Torchic/Mudkip

And the Anime isn’t canon nor there hasn’t been an official canon protagonist in the core video games sans Red so yeah, either May or Brendan (which what DeNA chose) could work.

I doubt that they wouldn't include Dawn. They're most likely going to feature all of the playable trainer characters eventually in Masters. Plus, Dawn might be one of the more recognizable/popular female playable trainers due to the anime. It is weird to see her get Turtwig instead of Piplup. Masters is in its own weird kind of continuity, but I've always associated Dawn with Piplup too. Barry should have gotten Chimchar since that would have made it available as its first form instead of only getting Infernape. I'm also not sure what Pokemon Lucas will have since all of the Sinnoh starters will be available once Dawn is in the game.

Serena with Froakie sounds pretty likely. I'm surprised that Calem didn't get Froakie or at least one of the other Kalos starters instead of Espur.

I doubt that they wouldn't include Dawn. They're most likely going to feature all of the playable trainer characters eventually in Masters. Plus, Dawn might be one of the more recognizable/popular female playable trainers due to the anime. It is weird to see her get Turtwig instead of Piplup. Masters is in its own weird kind of continuity, but I've always associated Dawn with Piplup too. Barry should have gotten Chimchar since that would have made it available as its first form instead of only getting Infernape. I'm also not sure what Pokemon Lucas will have since all of the Sinnoh starters will be available once Dawn is in the game.

Serena with Froakie sounds pretty likely. I'm surprised that Calem didn't get Froakie or at least one of the other Kalos starters instead of Espur.

Well there hasn’t been an official canon protagonist sans Red.

Yeah I’m actually hoping they give Serena Fennekin but at the very least I hope she gets a starter. I’m not even sure who the Kalos starters would go to besides her and Calem.

Back
Top Bottom