• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I'm debating on downloading this. Is there anything I need to know beforehand?
No. Just play the game and don't spend any money on it.

@swiftgallade46, will they appear?
DeNA would have to be pretty clever to justify a second Eevee (that's possible thanks to all its LGPE moves) and a third Pikachu (eh). I suspect that only one of them will be used with Meltan, but who knows. Reminder that Lucas is all out of starter options, but he could get Regigigas or something.

Last edited:
DeNA would have to be pretty clever to justify a second Eevee (that's possible thanks to all its LGPE moves) and a third Pikachu (eh). I suspect that only one of them will be used with Meltan, but who knows. Reminder that Lucas is all out of starter options, but he could get Regigigas or something.

An Eevee with LGPE moves sounds like a copy of Professor Oak + Mew, not to mention we already have Leaf + Eevee, so I'm not really down for that.

A third member in the Pikachu evolutionary line does seem excessive, but there are definitely ways to get around it. I could see Ash hat Pikachu making an appearance with maybe M20/21/23 Ash, or Cosplay Pikachu with Lisia or Synga Suit Brandon/May. I don't know if Chase/Elaine/Trace would be good characters to partner with another Pikachu.

Lucas with Regigigas would be cool, with that being a nod towards the Pokemon Special and the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures manga.

I think Pikachu forms should make it in for sure. I think they're a good way to flesh out the player Pikachu. What if we could dress them up or something and affects their stats and whatnot? That would be so cool but definitely far-fetched.

Lucas with Regigigas would be cool, with that being a nod towards the Pokemon Special and the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures manga.

This. So much this. I would love to see Gigas being an extremely bulky attacker but with very bad speed. But with the right pairs, this could be such a powerhouse!

I can finally play Masters! Anything I need to know?
Hmmmm... if I had to give one word of advice:

If you want to pull units, it's best to spend gems on the time-limited Pokéfair banners (with champions like Red, Cynthia, Steven...) since the drop rate for five-star characters is higher than usual. Units like Red and Cynthia are also very good with sync grid investment, so it's also good try and get them when their banners come around.

I know I've said this before, but I just can't get over how freaking tall Elesa is.

I've almost forgotten about it, but then in the latest event we see that the top of Serena's head doesn't even go up to Elesa's shoulders.

Like, Serena is only eye level with Elesa's belly button? I'm at a loss for words...

I know I've said this before, but I just can't get over how freaking tall Elesa is.

I've almost forgotten about it, but then in the latest event we see that the top of Serena's head doesn't even go up to Elesa's shoulders.

Like, Serena is only eye level with Elesa's belly button? I'm at a loss for words...

Elesa's height gets to me too. The fact that she also wears insanely high heels makes her even more so!

Honestly, Swimsuit Cynthia sounds incredibly fake to me. It just sounds more like what some fans would want to see Cynthia's Sygna Suit to be instead of what it actually could be. Besides that, it would be incredibly annoying to give her any kind of Sygna Suit when she and the other Champions aren't available outside of special events.
That, and it would be pretty out of place considering Pokémon is almost free of fanservice.

I dunno, maybe they are pulling a bait-and-switch on us, but upon doing a little more digging it's already been teased a few times in the game itself. There's already been female swimmers in bikinis in the series for quite some time, so it's not like TPC would get into any rating issues.

And we also got this announcement:

wpt9rdbmn0651.jpg

I dunno, maybe they are pulling a bait-and-switch on us, but upon doing a little more digging it's already been teased a few times in the game itself. There's already been female swimmers in bikinis in the series for quite some time, so it's not like TPC would get into any rating issues.

And we also got this announcement:

wpt9rdbmn0651.jpg

If they can do
holiday forms
then they can also do
summer forms!
I think it would be a great addition and flesh out some pairs that are not so popular!

Anime characters in Masters.

Anymore of them or Ash-Greninja in the game and I have a perfect reason to drop the game.

I don't really have a problem with Masters incorporating anime characters. I kind of expected them to tie in Jessie and James with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee instead of the upcoming Pokemon movie, especially when there is a decent chance that the movie could be delayed even into next year, but I assume that they already had this update planned for some time. Aside from Ash, I can't really think of any other anime character that they'd want to include in the game.

Considering that you can already get another Charizard through the egg feature, I don't think that they'll mind having a third Charizard in the game, especially when Charizard ia already pretty overexposed in general. Plus, they could make Leon's Charizard different with being able to Gigantamax for its Sync Pair move. I'm also not sure what other Pokemon they could give Leon. Maybe Dragapult could work, but he's so tied in with Charizard that it would be hard to see him with any other Pokemon whenever they put him in Masters.

Considering that you can already get another Charizard through the egg feature, I don't think that they'll mind having a third Charizard in the game, especially when Charizard ia already pretty overexposed in general. Plus, they could make Leon's Charizard different with being able to Gigantamax for its Sync Pair move. I'm also not sure what other Pokemon they could give Leon. Maybe Dragapult could work, but he's so tied in with Charizard that it would be hard to see him with any other Pokemon whenever they put him in Masters.
That will be great.

Back
Top Bottom