• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Why wouldn't they. All the characters are voiced.

But why not right away? I mean, things were better in July. Also, why no voice for player? Will the voice on the volume be the official voice for player?

I suspect it's to allow players to inject themselves into the character a bit better - same reason why F3/FNV didn't have voiced characters, and why F4 kinda got bawled out for having a voice protagonist.

Even if they did voice the protagonist, I doubt it'd be reading every little thing - after all, James didn't read everything in his story arc.

Even if they did voice the protagonist, I doubt it'd be reading every little thing - after all, James didn't read everything in his story arc.

Kind of wish they did though! Like, I feel like it'd add to an immersion. Maybe it could be difficult to do it for everything, but I think they could afford to do it for special events like those

I would be shocked if Ash and Go appears in Masters
I don't think they will, but that's because they don't have "they appeared in a main game" loophole that Jessie, James and Meowth have, but on the hand, their events were filled with anime references so I won't discard it completely.

N & Zekrom matches my headcanon, even though I know a lot of people would've liked to see him paired with Reshiram.

Because if you think about his motivations in BW1, he wants to create an ideal world, where Pokemon are free from their abusive human masters. Whereas Hilbert/Hilda try to stop him because the truth is that most Trainers actually care very much about their Pokemon, and N has been played as a pawn this entire time by Ghetsis anyway.

The BW story is so good that either argument works.

Personally I always pair N with Zekrom so this is fucking great. Can't wait till he becomes available.

May and Swampert, Mallow and Tsareena, New Years Lillie and Ribombee, and New Years Lance and Gyarados are also coming.

But if Pokémon was realistic N would probably be right. Removing wild animals from their ecosystem instead of letting them live in their native area (like N does with his Pokémon) would be bad irl. Kind of funny how the Pokémon Ranger series basically agree with this statement. And Professor Oak at the end of Hey You Pikachu too. Make up your minds already! :p

Reshiram looks more natural while Zekrom has more of a high-tech look. The version exclusive areas reflect on this too. Fits N better imo.

But I guess we should be happy that N is in the game at all since he hasn't appeared in anything for years. I wish Hilbert wasn't so short though because I thought the BW1 protagonists were supposed to be teens. It kind of changes their dynamic to me if the protagonist is as young as Ash/Satoshi.

I like N with Reshiram in terms of design and aesthetics. They look great together. Story wise, I prefer N and Zekrom because to me it makes more sense for his character and I played Black so I'm used to seeing them together.

Then N story event was quite good! But..

It honestly made me a tinyyy bit sad they chose Hilbert as the canon protagonist that knew him, and Hilda was mostly clueless to who he was. I would've preferred they both knew him over just one, especially as someone who chose the female player and would've liked that acknowledgement. Oh well :<

It honestly made me a tinyyy bit sad they chose Hilbert as the canon protagonist that knew him, and Hilda was mostly clueless to who he was. I would've preferred they both knew him over just one, especially as someone who chose the female player and would've liked that acknowledgement. Oh well :<

I feel the same way.
I've always played as Hilda in BW, but I knew you can't please everyone. Hilbert fans would have been sad if it was the other way around. It would have been nice if both of them knew N, but Masters seems to give the protagonists clear distinctions (Hilbert fought N and Team Plasma while Hilda challenged the Gyms and the Battle Subway). Nevertheless, a part of me genuinely enjoys the comedy that comes from a Hilda who is so into battles that she has no idea what's happening around her. There was a similar situation in the Halloween event.

I feel the same way.
I've always played as Hilda in BW, but I knew you can't please everyone. Hilbert fans would have been sad if it was the other way around. It would have been nice if both of them knew N, but Masters seems to give the protagonists clear distinctions (Hilbert fought N and Team Plasma while Hilda challenged the Gyms and the Battle Subway). Nevertheless, a part of me genuinely enjoys the comedy that comes from a Hilda who is so into battles that she has no idea what's happening around her. There was a similar situation in the Halloween event.

Yeah, I definitely agree - I love Hilda's battle-hungry side, it's amusing and a good part of her character. There are definitely upsides to it. I won't complain, but it's still something I'll wish had went down a different way in the back of my head. Hilbert and N's friendship is very cute too!

I feel the same way.

If it's any consolation, the fact

Cyrus has no idea what Cynthia's talking about

makes me think they're all different timelines.

If you want talk more about canonizing players, you could do that on this thread.

But why does Surge have his HGSSB2W2 attire. He’s not a recognizable Kanto character but then his FRLG attire doesn’t have him with shades. Unknown why Misty is in her LGPE attire but I think it’s due to the HGSSB2W2 attire having her with short hair with no ponytail.

Where does everyone get the Special Log-On quotes from? I have this one that’s yet to be on Dawn’s quotes:
60D96D1F-CB34-4A00-AC54-9EBA768DB794.jpeg

I also have these:
73DBDD01-F3C9-4063-BD92-86DB09328B1B.png
AEF69B42-22FD-49DB-895C-EEB27A0158BA.png
03F91453-0585-41E6-BACC-6CF2722D731F.png
304D1CD2-D34B-4A09-BFFF-B78E1F635451.jpeg
51D2C643-30D3-4D5E-8D4D-361C3D70501D.jpeg

Does everyone have a special-login bonus depending on the time of day? And why is there audio reading it when the person says it?

Last edited:
But it’s confusing because if they aren’t on the characters’ quotes page, we don’t know if the character says something when we log-on. Dawn only has a “generic” log-on quoted on her page but I didn’t know there was a time log-on. And why is there a voice saying it when the non-generic log-on happens? I now take a screenshot in case the quote isn’t there. Every known NPC probably has their own special time and generic log-in bonuses. But a lot of people log-in during different times of day and different characters appear that it’s probably hard to keep track of EVERY characters’ quotes. Whoever has a screenshot of all Dawn’s log-in bonus quotes, could you upload them?

Buck will obviously be synced with Claydol. No one else has been synced with a Claydol. Now about Mirah and Riley. Korrina and Sabrina took an Alakazam but any partner helpers are synced with their Pokémon. Cheryl is synced with Blissey and Marley with Arcanine. Does this show not all characters are going to appear. At least Mirah needs to trade to evolve her Kadabra into an Alakazam and they don't show a trade evolution in evolution stories. But Riley only has a Lucario so does that break the more than one Pokémon rule. I mean, it shows Darach with Gallade while (Sygna) Cynthia is synced with and Caitlin with Reuniclus (even though she is probably more better recognizable with a Gothitelle). Wally, because of ORAS attire, has a Gallade. Lt. Surge is synced with a Voltorb that can evolve in Electrode, one of his GSCHGSS Pokémon and Blaine has a Rapidash in his RBYFRLG party. Brock is synced with a Tyranitar (in his Sygna Suit) because that Pokémon is from Johto to explain being synced in his HGSS attire. Still am curious about Misty in her LGPE attire because she is synced with a Starmie in HGSS too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom