• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Next chapter of the villain arc when?
Based on the typical cycles that we've had for this arc, I think that the next thing to be released may just be another Paulo interlude, but a little bit after that there may be another chapter, maybe only about a week or so after it's released. The devs did say that there's supposed to be another snippet available soon, and I doubt that they would want to juggle another arc and the anniversary, so we may get another chapter in August.

Speaking of, anyone got any idea of what the next region to be featured for it would be? I know we went from Kanto to Sinnoh, but that may just have been solely to promote BDSP and PLA, as it was immediately followed by a jump back to Johto, but I'm not sure if we'll be going strictly in order of the games' release, since this year we've also had Sygna suits for Serena and Korrina released, as well as Hugh making his debut. But this could have been to add Sygna alts to Kalos as well as trying to add another character from the trailer. What do y'all think?

Also who thinks Ash & Pikachu is gonna be an obtainable sync pair
I'm not exactly sure; on the one hand, they're already programmed into the game, but on the other hand, Ryuki has been unobtainable since 2020, so they may not be obtainable for a while. But I believe that Ash and Pikachu already have a fully coded moveset, so they might be available, especially with how well it would tie in as a promotion for the Masters 8 Tournament.

However, I've seen bits of a datamine, and Courtney and Looker are already fully programmed up to EX, so they might include some more Admins from Team Aqua and Magma but I've only seen a bit of the mine.

At least DeNA doing an Interlude. Am surprised that they announced less but it might get updated as the app goes along. Also, I don’t know if Rosa will be with the player and Lillie while it’s Hilbert and N during the Unova chapter.

I missed the direct; did DeNA say much on this new lodge update thing? Is it going to be another part of the story or something that will make co-op more accessible PLEASE or something? Maybe like another Victory Road styled tutorial thing?

I missed the direct; did DeNA say much on this new lodge update thing? Is it going to be another part of the story or something that will make co-op more accessible PLEASE or something? Maybe like another Victory Road styled tutorial thing?
Okay, never mind, I looked into it. Anyone got any guesses on what other trainers’ll get added? My guess is that they’ll each be from a different region, or a different game set in that region in N and Rosa’s case, since there’ll be 9, but that’s all I’m really drawing here.

And that the events seem to take place at different times of day, based on the differing lighting in the photo promo, but that’s of lesser importance.

Yeah, Ash and Pikachu confirmed as Sync Pairs. Masters EX has devolved into a children's game. I wouldn't be surprised if the game suddenly goes through mass retooling and retconing to match the anime's canon.

Yeah, Ash and Pikachu confirmed as Sync Pairs. Masters EX has devolved into a children's game. I wouldn't be surprised if the game suddenly goes through mass retooling and retconing to match the anime's canon.
As of current, I think that this won’t happen. The TRio was already added in 2020, I believe, and are pretty much flat out stated to be from the anime, but haven’t been featured outside of the events that explicitly are about them, and don’t interact with characters from other games, I think, only original ones introduced in this game. So far, seeing as how Ash isn’t obtainable, I think that his event was just a promo for now.

This game has also been pretty deeply established in its own continuity at this point, and trying to retcon and retool it would really screw things up. I mean, Gloria and Hop have already been stated to stop Eternatus, May’s now Birch’s daughter instead of Norman’s, the Unova protagonists exist, and with those four, it has explicitly been confirmed that two years have passed in between the events of the Unova games, and since, y’know, Ash is permanently 10, this would be pretty sticky to fix. Kalos would especially need a lot of retconning, as now Calem traveled with Serena, it’s implied that the events of Y happened due to Serena, Calem, and Sycamore not knowing much about Xerneas, which Serena I believe encountered in a movie, rather than Lysandre using Zygarde, and not to mention the fact that in this game, just like in the games, Sycamore and Lysandre are old friends and colleagues, which wasn’t present in the anime. So retconning everything would be REALLY tough to do, and even kids’ll think “Wait, what?” And I also think Ash just fell through a ring (I was really busy at the time and didn’t get to play through the event) like the TRio, which means that the game and the anime are already stated to be different universes. And it also seems that the game already has its whole mapped out storyline already, so I’m guessing that for now, he won’t be added.
You... do know what the demographic for pokemon is, right
Can't believe PMEX is a dating sim now
I’m pretty sure that this is just supposed to help flesh out some more characters that have been left out more in the main story, or at least in recent arcs in Rosa’s case, or at least popular characters, I don’t know, it’s hard to draw guesses from only 3 characters so far. Or at least, just be like a longer version of Sync Pair Stories (I mean, only 10 gems???) I mean, this is a Pokémon game, and more importantly, we got some pretty big age gaps here.

I get that you’re just kidding, though lol.
I just hope that this makes 5-star power-ups and candy coins more easily obtainable, because my strongest sync pairs mostly consist of free legendaries at the moment (and SS Red, but that’s pretty much a given in this game) since you can fully max them out and some other pairs aren’t that great without their grids or sync moves upgraded.

Last edited:
I wonder what the next hint on what chapter is going to be next. Maybe it’s in an interlude.

So, it’s pretty safe to say I was wrong about Ash being added, lol
I wonder what the next hint on what chapter is going to be next. Maybe it’s in an interlude.
I’m not sure. Now, if we’re going in chronological order based on the regions as they were introduced, and seeing as how Sinnoh was already covered, next would be Unova. However, this wouldn’t be the first time that we went out of order, but until more details are given out, I would assume that this is the case.

So, it’s pretty safe to say I was wrong about Ash being added, lol

I’m not sure. Now, if we’re going in chronological order based on the regions as they were introduced, and seeing as how Sinnoh was already covered, next would be Unova. However, this wouldn’t be the first time that we went out of order, but until more details are given out, I would assume that this is the case.

I said it might be in an interlude. Or maybe we will have 3 parts in Hoenn instead of 2.

Or maybe Touya and Touko will finally get something
Hilbert is canon so maybe just him and possibly N. Also, Leaf is the only on that hasn’t appeared so I don’t think Hilda and Nate might appear either. Rosa is probably with the player character.

Given the addition of "Classic" Giovanni, I wonder if we're headed towards "Classic" Ghetsis but with the addition of Black/White Kyurem to deprive N of his dragon for a new N alt to match

Or maybe Touya and Touko will finally get something
I said it might be in an interlude. Or maybe we will have 3 parts in Hoenn instead of 2.

Hilbert is canon so maybe just him and possibly N. Also, Leaf is the only on that hasn’t appeared so I don’t think Hilda and Nate might appear either. Rosa is probably with the player character.
(Sorry, I meant to clarify that I thought it would be the next region that would receive an arc, probably after an interlude.)

Ghetsis getting his classic design is certainly a possibility, just like with Blue, Misty, and Giovanni, along with other characters getting alts based on their other designs throughout the series, like Elesa and Grimsley. However, I’m not sure if it would be introduced specifically for the villain arc, as so far villains have received new Sygna alts, with Maxie and Archie being exceptions due to the fact that they aren’t straight up villainous in this game and probably because they were already Master Fair units anyway. Most of these older designs were saved for event units and just for the scout system in general, so I can see Ghetsis getting an event unit like Giovanni. They might make a new Sygna Suit for Ghetsis, but they might also not give him a unit at all, like in the Kanto and Hoenn arcs. But if they do either alt, I can definitely see him getting a Kyurem fusion. I’m not sure if they’d need to make an alt for N losing his dragon though, what with all the legendaries coming through rings and all, it could just be another one of the legendary dragons from another timeline or something—maybe a shiny, like in Anniversary Steven’s case.

As for the protagonists, it seems that gym leaders getting villain arc alts may have just been early installment weirdness (for this part of the story, anyway) and we’ve moved on to protagonists and champions getting alts and new characters being introduced. At first, I thought they might just use the Swords of Justice for alts for the Unova protagonists, but Cobalion and Keldeo have already gone to Scottie/Bettie and Diantha, and Hilda already has a mythical alt with Diancie, so they might use Thundurus and Landorus (I’m not sure about Enamorus) and Virizion and Terrakion. They probably will put Hugh in, too. They might even add Colress, but this is just speculation.

While Nate and Hilda aren’t the protagonists, Nate was also featured in the Ghetsis event and Hilda was in N’s introductory event, so they may be more involved. Aside from Leaf, all the player characters have been featured in some way, so this may not be to different. Again, though, this is just speculation.

Also, I didn’t consider Hoenn getting more than 2 chunks, for lack of a better term. In the PML arc, earlier chapters got less story, but got lengthier as the story went on, so we could get another bit unless it was wrapped up really well. (I’ve been pretty busy lately and haven’t been able to finish the Hoenn arc yet, sorry.)

Back
Top Bottom