• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

(Sorry, I meant to clarify that I thought it would be the next region that would receive an arc, probably after an interlude.)

Ghetsis getting his classic design is certainly a possibility, just like with Blue, Misty, and Giovanni, along with other characters getting alts based on their other designs throughout the series, like Elesa and Grimsley. However, I’m not sure if it would be introduced specifically for the villain arc, as so far villains have received new Sygna alts, with Maxie and Archie being exceptions due to the fact that they aren’t straight up villainous in this game and probably because they were already Master Fair units anyway. Most of these older designs were saved for event units and just for the scout system in general, so I can see Ghetsis getting an event unit like Giovanni. They might make a new Sygna Suit for Ghetsis, but they might also not give him a unit at all, like in the Kanto and Hoenn arcs. But if they do either alt, I can definitely see him getting a Kyurem fusion. I’m not sure if they’d need to make an alt for N losing his dragon though, what with all the legendaries coming through rings and all, it could just be another one of the legendary dragons from another timeline or something—maybe a shiny, like in Anniversary Steven’s case.

As for the protagonists, it seems that gym leaders getting villain arc alts may have just been early installment weirdness (for this part of the story, anyway) and we’ve moved on to protagonists and champions getting alts and new characters being introduced. At first, I thought they might just use the Swords of Justice for alts for the Unova protagonists, but Cobalion and Keldeo have already gone to Scottie/Bettie and Diantha, and Hilda already has a mythical alt with Diancie, so they might use Thundurus and Landorus (I’m not sure about Enamorus) and Virizion and Terrakion. They probably will put Hugh in, too. They might even add Colress, but this is just speculation.

While Nate and Hilda aren’t the protagonists, Nate was also featured in the Ghetsis event and Hilda was in N’s introductory event, so they may be more involved. Aside from Leaf, all the player characters have been featured in some way, so this may not be to different. Again, though, this is just speculation.

Also, I didn’t consider Hoenn getting more than 2 chunks, for lack of a better term. In the PML arc, earlier chapters got less story, but got lengthier as the story went on, so we could get another bit unless it was wrapped up really well. (I’ve been pretty busy lately and haven’t been able to finish the Hoenn arc yet, sorry.)

At least let’s hope the interlude will focus more on someone rather than Paulo and Tina. Maybe Lear and his father. Rosa is more of a main character in Masters so she probably will be with the player and Lillie. Maybe we’ll get Hilbert, Hugh, and Classic Cheren (maybe classic Bianca but she’ll probably be studying with Bellis and Sonia). Maybe we’ll receive Benga or the Striaton trio. It was more like who played more major roles in video games.

I sure hope at least they can include an interlude and a bit of a chapter next time or have a prelude for the next chapter as well as add Paldea, Hisui, and maybe more Anime plus other Pokémon series characters to draw attention plus allow the player to get free awards from advertising.

The Hoenn arc didn’t put out much foreshadowing, so yeah, an Interlude’s probably next. I’m not sure about Hisui, since it’s in the deep past or Paldea at least a year or two from now. After all, SwSh characters didn’t get added until about 2020-1ish(???) to avoid spoilers and probably to get all the dialogue and stuff made up. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see another anime character around, seeing as how Ash and the TRio are in.

I really like the expedition mechanic in the lodge so far, but I just wish it was easier to get items for battling. But at least I got my wish of easier obtained candy coins and power-ups. Plus, getting more Sync Pairs without spending BP is nice, though I’m not sure if I like the whole chat mechanic and everything. I mean, only 3 tries a day is kind of tough to rack up friendship points, seeing as how it’s extremely easy to lose their attention, presents aside, and how the topics seem like some of the most random stuff, and there’s no real structure to it. That aside, it’s nice to get a smaller version of Story Mode, and I’m really liking the new Sync Pairs that you can earn. Do you think that the Deerling line will become obtainable? I just have no idea what the random one is just doing in there. But I think it’d be a good MC pair.

I wouldn’t be too surprised to see another anime character around, seeing as how Ash and the TRio are in.
My guess for that is that Ash and the TRio were already in the games. Although, now that I think about it, Ash is a big maybe thanks to Yellow making things ambiguous, but in my mind you were supposed to be Ash there.

The Hoenn arc didn’t put out much foreshadowing, so yeah, an Interlude’s probably next. I’m not sure about Hisui, since it’s in the deep past or Paldea at least a year or two from now. After all, SwSh characters didn’t get added until about 2020-1ish(???) to avoid spoilers and probably to get all the dialogue and stuff made up. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see another anime character around, seeing as how Ash and the TRio are in.

I really like the expedition mechanic in the lodge so far, but I just wish it was easier to get items for battling. But at least I got my wish of easier obtained candy coins and power-ups. Plus, getting more Sync Pairs without spending BP is nice, though I’m not sure if I like the whole chat mechanic and everything. I mean, only 3 tries a day is kind of tough to rack up friendship points, seeing as how it’s extremely easy to lose their attention, presents aside, and how the topics seem like some of the most random stuff, and there’s no real structure to it. That aside, it’s nice to get a smaller version of Story Mode, and I’m really liking the new Sync Pairs that you can earn. Do you think that the Deerling line will become obtainable? I just have no idea what the random one is just doing in there. But I think it’d be a good MC pair.

The only reason I think is because DeNA released the app and it was new and they didn’t get SwSh characters because they didn’t have enough money. I hope they add an interlude plus a new chapter next. They didn’t foreshadow Sinnoh (if the help at the end of Kanto counts). I’m kinda glad they did the chapter right away and am hoping DeNA would do that next (albeit with an interlude). Maybe the mixed it so it could end on an anniversary day. Also, I do think that Rosa will be With the player character. I do also hope Ingo will mention the Pearl Clan.

My guess for that is that Ash and the TRio were already in the games. Although, now that I think about it, Ash is a big maybe thanks to Yellow making things ambiguous, but in my mind you were supposed to be Ash there.

It’s Red who’s the player in Yellow. We just have the option to name him Ash.

NEW VILLAIN ARC HYPE!!!!

We’re starting to move pretty quickly now! I’m pretty pumped to see what the next region is! And to see what happens to Anakin Skywal—Paulo! I mean, Paulo.

Also, from what I’ve heard… Shauna’s voice actress is confirmed? Does this mean that the other Kalos rivals will get in?

Again, DeNA has to have more interludes. In my opinion, the interludes are boring. I prefer it if they do more chapters together in an arc and have the interludes focus on someone else aside from Paulo. I also now wonder who's after Hoopla. In that preview aside from Corless, we don't know who is coming up next but I think we might get a prelude to hint.

I wonder if DeNA is going to update the cries for Pikachu and Eevee and make them have the normal cries if GameFreak won’t do the option between name saying and electronic cries. Also, I wonder if there’ll be any mentions of the Grand Undergound. Bertha didn’t say Grand Underground. I know Masters was made prior to Gen VIII but DeNA eventually added Gen VIII characters. They didn’t add them right away because the company didn’t have enough money. I sure hope they also will allow ads for us to purchase things.

I bought the 3000 daily paid gems bundle.

This was the first time in my life I've ever gave money to a gacha game.

Dunno how to feel about that.

I'm surprised why Rosa appeared to watch Hilda's performance without explanation and still no player character. I know all player characters and rivals so far have made an appearance together (sans Leaf, Cheren (though was in the interlude), and Bianca) so it would make sense and the player characters and rivals did stop the evil teams in the end.

I also hope for Kalos to be released right away in late December then release the next interlude parts as a pair like they did with the previous parts. I feel like the interludes too should focus more on a mix of characters. I know that DeNA done the PML Arc interludes on Lear and we got the gang released once it came to an end but at least could DeNA focus more on the main chapters than the interludes and have every protagonist and rival outside of their regions’ specific chapter.

Also, will Team Yell appear too? They don’t have the Rocket admins in the Villain Arc thumbnail.

Also, from what I’ve heard… Shauna’s voice actress is confirmed? Does this mean that the other Kalos rivals will get in?

Well, Cheren and Bianca didn’t make appearances in the Unova chapter. (Okay, Cheren did appear in part 4 of the interlude but that’s not a main chapter. So we don’t know about Trevor and Tierno. They could make an appearance but the closest rivals/friends to the XY player is the opposing player and Shauna. Maybe they’ll also release Calem without his hat to show he’s canon as a non PC.

Last edited:
People on YouTube think we’re getting another Unova chapter because of the preview to the next interlude. I doubt they are going to have Unova chapter 2. I assume that it’s Kalos that’s going to be next. They have Shauna and Dransa in the works and we got two new B2W2 characters released plus Neo Champions was released with Lynsandre appearing. People just think DeNA is going to release another Unova chapter because of what's happening in the interlude. Watch it here if you like. Anyway, Giovanni says he wants Plasma's power to be Rocket's. Could someone tell me how that can relate to Kalos?

Last edited:
It's been out 3 years, all the events seem to be time exclusive and rarely repeated. I'd be happy to pay to access them, doesn't seem to be an option.

If I start now, will I have a clue what's going on?

It's been out 3 years, all the events seem to be time exclusive and rarely repeated. I'd be happy to pay to access them, doesn't seem to be an option.

If I start now, will I have a clue what's going on?
The main story can be played as normal. In fact, it's better to play it now than during the launch date, since the entire main story is now playable right from the start.

Yeah, events are self contained overall, so you should be able to play through the main story without problems. Some events that tie in a little with the Villian Arc have even been made permanently accessible!

I think the only cases where events affect other events are regarding who has what Pokémon, of which there's a in game listing of Sync Pairs you can browse in case you ever wonder "Wait, Lillie has a Lunala?" or other such curiosities.

This comment is the first one to be posted on this thread in 2023. We have Dawn and Lisia as New Year’s Sync Pairs as well we can get Furisode Girl Kali in the story event. We also get another Dawn for the Trainer Log.

The Kalos chapter of the Villain Arc will be released and we’ll have Shauna and SS Diantha as Sync Pairs and hopefully Tierno, Trevor, Malva, and Emma. We also will EX Sycamore.

1672641459302.jpg

I love the interactions in this game.

Back
Top Bottom