• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WORLDBUILDING: Pokemon: Mecha

CiCi

Obsession: T.D. Kennelly
Reaction score
Veterus.png

Before Time began, there was Nothing but the God of Creation. The God of Creation thus created Space, and Palkia; Time, and Dialga. After, the God of Creation created Giratina, to build Earth.
Giratina, however, refused to allow life to flourish. Palkia, Dialga, and the God of Creation fought against Giratina, then the God of Creation sealed it away inside of the antimatter realm, known as the Shattered World.
Working to reclaim what Earth Giratina had left behind, the God of Creation created Regigigas. Proving to be intelligent and skillful, Regigigas created Regice to form the arctic and waters, Regirock to form the ground, and Registeel to form the molten core. Regigigas called what he created the True World, planted the seed of first life in the waters, then laid himself to slumber, hidden as a titan beneath the earth.
Life prospered and grew into God’s Creations. When God’s Creations became Man, the God of Creation created what humans came to call Humanity. Humanity is the embodiment of characteristics given purely to humans: Uxie the spirit of Knowledge; Azelf the spirit of Free Will; Mesprit the spirit of Emotion.
However, Giratina still worked in shadow and created beings of its own. Great beasts to control the elements, infused with godlike powers. And it is said that Giratina shall one day unleash these beasts upon us all.

Characters

Shinji​

Revelation
shinjiresized.png

When the Shattered World unleashed its reign upon the True World, Shinji (7 years) and his older brother, Reiji (10 years), were left to live as orphans when their parents died in the aftermath. In a war-stricken world, the brothers fought to survive, and hung on at the edges of society; forgotten, abandoned. Shinji used this as a source of motivation and became the best student in his high school.​
This gained him a scholarship to the Sinnoh Fighter’s Academy, where he swore to don the Mech and fight back the bestial invasion. He grew to be one of the top students in the world. He, a girl called Rin, and a guy called Daigo, who had been transferred to Sinnoh from a destroyed Hoenn, fought valiantly together against the bestial invasion.​
However, Shinji watched Daigo and his Mech perish to the onslaught. This haunts Shinji, and he refuses to call for backup, preferring to do everything himself even if it means he dies in the process.​

Rin​

Rin.png

Rin was born to a fatherless home. After her mother became pregnant with her, her father abandoned them and wound up dead from an overdose. Her mother seemed to resent Rin, perhaps because of this, perhaps because of her daughter’s stunted emotions, perhaps because of the strain on their relationship. Rin isn’t sure which came first, but she grew up as an out of control teenager.​
Rin eventually got into drugs and stayed out late, often extremely high on one thing or another. Feeling like a failure, feeling unwanted, Rin tried to hang herself. She clung to life in the hospital.​
There, she was met with visions from God: An impossibly huge being, created of space dust or fog, with looming, glowing eyes as large as suns. He spoke to her, spoke of His Will. He thus called upon her to enact His Will.​
Rin survived with no longterm damage. The doctors called it “a miracle”. Her mother still called her “a mistake”. Rin was disowned. But Rin no longer cared for such things. She only cared to enact God’s Will.​
She is the only human on Earth able to summon Humanity from within the Sinnoh Great Lakes, making her extremely valuable to Akagi. He makes her his puppet, and she excels academically and as a Mech Fighter. As Akagi’s pet project, she is the number 1 student throughout any of the Fighter’s Academies.​

Jun​

jun.png

Jun is what most people in the Sinnoh Fighter’s Academy call “lucky”. He scraped by with grades that qualified as “just barely passing”, and is considered the dumbest and luckiest (and tallest at 6’4”) student in SFA. Jun doesn’t take any of this to heart, though. He has to work extremely hard, and does so out of love for his late mother.​
After Jun’s mother died to the wars caused by the bestial invasion, Jun and his father vowed to work with the Galaxy Corporation in building and fighting with Mechs. Jun’s dream is to be the best Fighter he can be, and to help young boys in the same place he and his father were once in.​
Jun’s best friend and neighbor, Kouki, is one of the mid-to-high-tier students, and has thus fought alongside Shinji and Rin. This makes Jun extremely envious, and he pushes himself every day for the chance to meet with Shinji and Rin. Jun adores how Shinji and Rin fight and sacrifice every day for the betterment of mankind.​

Akagi​

akagi.png

Akagi was always interested in the legends of old. As long as he’s lived, despite his efforts, despite his high intellect, despite his charisma, he’s known only pain. His parents never thought he was good enough. He saw only misery everywhere. People hurt by other people. And the world was filthy.​
His ideals were shared by many who were dragged into his charms. Thus, he created his cult which sought to awake Giratina and start the world anew. Akagi’s true goal, however, was to enact the Great Cleansing, and awaken God. Awaken Arceus.​
He followers grew, and he manipulated and schemed to get his way. He had intimate relations with women codenamed Jupiter and Mars to persuade them to act as offerings for Dialga and Palkia. This resulted in both women’s death, as well as a fight between the beings of space and time. Tears between the Shattered and True Worlds formed as a result, and Giratina sent his scourge upon the True World.​
After war and beasts tore the world apart, Akagi took on the role of businessman and founded the Galaxy Corporation. He began work on giant fighting robots called Mechs in order to fight against the hellish beasts. This caught the attention of a young reporter woman called Shirona. Shirona supported Akagi’s idea and worked closely with him in commanding the robots’ pilots.​
He created the first Fighter’s Academy in Sinnoh, which has since gained footing in other regions as well. These Academies train only select students in the field of academics and piloting Mechs.​

:4

Saturn​

saturn as the chancellor.png

Hiroto (can be written as meaning "help of god", "benevolence", "light", "heaven/firmament", "smart/shrewd", among many other things; one even means "the forest surrounding the shrine", which invites some Johto/Celebi involvement) codenamed Saturn to protect his identity, is a spy in charge of looking after Akagi and the Galaxy Corporation. His great intelligence made him an easy candidate for Chancellor of SFA. He takes his position seriously, feeding intel to his side.​
Saturn does not know of Akagi’s past as a cult leader (Akagi has done a wonderful job erasing that past of his), but knows that Akagi has ulterior motives for wanting to build Mechs, train Fighters, and “seal off the Shattered World”. He’s also aware that Akagi is a charismatic man who uses women to further his goals. Saturn knows about Rin being Akagi’s pet project, and has grown very fond of Rin. He tries his best to keep Rin safe from Akagi’s clutches.​

Shirona​

shirona.png

Shirona lost her family to the bestial onslaught. Her daughter, mother, father, and grandmother all perished. She watched her daughter die to the beasts, and almost died as well. She dedicated the greater part of her life to reporting on the calamity, and researched the Galaxy Corporation. Her extreme intelligence became of interest to Akagi, and she became infatuated with his ambition to save humanity from the beasts. Soon, she fell in love with him, and he began to use her to further his own goals.​

Memeing my own fanfic
You want memes? I got memes.

jun meme.png

memeing my own fanfic.png

shirona's mental state meme.png

stop being creepy rin.png

Mecha and Pokemon? You caught my interest. But...a pilot named Shinji? I get that it's Paul, but still, you miiiiiight wanna rethink that one, lest literally everyone - every single person - who reads makes comparison to a certain Evangelion pilot. :p

So tell us about the mechs!

I actually really dig it cuz this has been the result of binging both Neon Genesis Evangelion and Pokemon at the same time. So it's a weird pseudo-crossover and the Shinji thing just fit way too well and I loved it, lmao. I am not above ripping on this fic.

I'm still fleshing out some final bits on the Mechs. What I've got so far...

To battle the bestial onslaught, Akagi created his business, the Galaxy Corporation, around Mechs. Guns and other armory were proving ineffective. His first Mechs were just prototypes, soulless and basic. They were a sort of virtual reality machine piloted from safety. But as Giratina sent down stronger beasts, they wouldn't get the job done.

So he built bigger ones with more accessories, more elaborate ways to control them. With ulterior motives, of course. I mean, this is the man that wasn't above sacrificing a couple women. So he [redacted], and created the finalized Mechs. Mechs-1, -2, and -3. Rin was the 1st choice as pilot, due to certain circumstances, and piloted Mech-1. Daigo was the 2nd. Shinji, the 3rd. Unfortunately, Daigo lost his life and throughout the beginning of the story, the Galaxy Corporation is still looking for Mech-2's soul perfect pilot.

Wall of text about the logistics:
The Mechs have a pilot in the cockpit which is where they step into their virtual reality. It's a full body virtual reality suit in a specialized area of the cockpit. It's a circular arena that's relatively safe. The pilot can't fall out of it, it's big enough to move but stay in one spot, and the walls are a sort of field that detects how the Mech has fallen so the pilot can feel it and therefore react. They have nerve connectors to help them feel what they're doing. This is pretty dangerous, as you may imagine. So sometimes they need to access manual overrides. There's a nerve disconnector button for emergencies, and self-destruct for even bigger emergencies; both of which are behind protective glass and other forms of protection. The console for this can be reached, with effort, from the arena.

Due to certain ways in which I decided to make these 3 Mechs, I'm trying to figure out how many other regions (aside from Kanto) I want to add in, and how they would work. But I've got some ideas of what I want to do.

And thank you for expressing interest in this! I haven't really got a chance to talk about it to anyone except myself lmao, so I appreciate any time I get to flesh things out more.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom