• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon meets the Guinness Book

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
So I picked up the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2008 and what did I find but a spread for Pokémon! Granted, they gave a spread to pretty much every game series, but there's stuff here I didn't know. Best-selling RPG series? First gaming series theme park? And holy COW those gaming records! And of course there's an inappropiately hilarious quote. You'll know it when you see it.

LOL @ quote. Reminds me of our dear friend Reverend Joseph Chambers and his lolrant on Pogeymanz.

pokemon_cartoon.jpg

Oh, and the quote is just...sad.

I'll put down the bolded words:

Demons
corrupt children's innocence
junior Satanists
rule the world

And they're talking about Pokémon. :-|

Heck, given that on the same page it points out that "(violence) was a very touchy subject for Tajiri" and how much he wanted to avoid it, I say bring on the corruption!

Also, I want to see this Goldberg guy playing through RB in 2 hours and 9 minutes. Is there a video anywhere or what?

LOL @ quote. Reminds me of our dear friend Reverend Joseph Chambers and his lolrant on Pogeymanz.

pokemon_cartoon.jpg

Oh...My...GOD!!! This site was TOO funny! I sent it to one of my friends, and she seriously asked me if it was a joke! I know it's sad to laugh at other people's opinions, especially if they're so passionate about it, but...come ON! "Eevee is the ultimate demonic monster."? EEVEE? As in, the cute little ball of fluff and fur we all like to whore out to get an egg with a perfect nature to evolve, then do it over and over again for all of the other evos? THAT Eevee? Someone get the big tweezers -- time to get these INSANELY LARGE STICKS out from these people's behinds.

...I'm gonna burn in hell, and I'm LOVING IT! XD

My apologies, Blackjack -- I couldn't resist.

It IS impressive that Pokemon could hold so many world records. I never could have imagined it...though I did laugh a lot at the 'Most siezures caused by an episode' record. Not one of their more favorable ones, now, is it?

So I picked up the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2008

How is it?. :D

and what did I find but a spread for Pokémon! Granted, they gave a spread to pretty much every game series, but there's stuff here I didn't know. Best-selling RPG series? First gaming series theme park? And holy COW those gaming records!.

Wow. What you didn't know about Pokemon surprised me more than those facts. o_O
(Seriously, don't you read Wikipedia articles?. You should!.)

^ Too true. XD

"The highest score on the Sapphire table of Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire is 348,472,220."

Uhhh, I have 1,845,808,968... and about 1,100,000,000 for Ruby table. No way that could be the actual highest score.

Do they have speed times for Gens III and IV? I wonder if I could get a faster time, I have blue :p

I'm sure there are higher scores than that, and I don't care enough :p Also, someone's already put in a higher score for it, and I would have to somehow record a new score.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom