• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon mew the Mandela Effect

Pokemon Mew mandela effect multiverse

flora-chan

Mew?
Reaction score
Hello everyone I know about Pikachu having the mandela effect with its black tip tail and then going back to none. Everyone talks about it on youtube, deviantart has plenty of evidence people renember pikachu having a black tail with lots of artwork aswell.

But here's my theory upon the very rare and legendary pokemon "Mew" the DNA of all pokemon of ancient history. Does anyone renember Mew being white instead of pink? Because I have some Banpresto plushes dolls which is genuine company not a knockoff fakes, three of them with Mew being white colour and like to quote that these plushes come out in 1997 and 1998 when pokemon coming.

I have attached a image with 3 of the pokemon mew that I have that are white. Also if you have any other mandela effect that you remember of pokemon, please share them here, i like learning about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220405_175508.jpg
    IMG_20220405_175508.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Oh yeah, Mew was definitely depicted a much lighter pink earlier on, and I can totally see how it'd be interpreted as white. Is it weird that I actually prefer that color for it?

Something else interesting of note about Mew's earlier design is that the tips of its feet and tail used to be darker than the rest of its body. You can see it in its official RG art, as well as its Stadium/Snap model:
151Mew_RG.png
d66ugur-6f57a083-724f-4afa-90dd-05214f8ec382.png
I'm not entirely sure when this got fully phased out, but probably around Gen III. Super Smash Bros. Melee and Colosseum/XD reused that same model, but in Colo/XD the texture was updated to make its feet the same color pink as the rest of it.

This was the one that most confused me when I was younger; I was always drawing Mew with a darker pink tail and paws because I was used to seeing it in Snap, and I didn't realize it didn't actually look like that anymore until much later lol.

I grew up with Pokemon, been a fan since '98, and I swear Alakazam always had a star on his forehead like Kadabra.

Now, while playing PLA I finally got another Alakazam on my team and what do you know, no star. What the hell happened here?!?

I grew up with Pokemon, been a fan since '98, and I swear Alakazam always had a star on his forehead like Kadabra.

Now, while playing PLA I finally got another Alakazam on my team and what do you know, no star. What the hell happened here?!?
I don't renember Alakazam having a star on it's head, you mite be mistaking it for the mega Alakazam which has a crystal on its forehead?? They look similar I've attached a image and I would look on deviantart see if anyone done art on it. As I can't find anyone mentioning it online anywhere. Do you have any plushes, cards, figures etc of it anywhere?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220407_111651.jpg
    Screenshot_20220407_111651.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 86
I don't renember Alakazam having a star on it's head, you mite be mistaking it for the mega Alakazam which has a crystal on its forehead?? They look similar I've attached a image and I would look on deviantart see if anyone done art on it. As I can't find anyone mentioning it online anywhere. Do you have any plushes, cards, figures etc of it anywhere?
Today I went through my old collection of cards and toys, but found nothing. I really thought I'd find proof with the old Team Rocket Dark Alakazam, but even that yielded no positive results. That was one of my favorites... I swear to God it had a star. I can't be thinking of Mega Alakazam though. We're going back 10+ years of memories before X and Y were released. This is definitely Mandela effect here. I refuse to admit that I'm wrong!

Today I went through my old collection of cards and toys, but found nothing. I really thought I'd find proof with the old Team Rocket Dark Alakazam, but even that yielded no positive results. That was one of my favorites... I swear to God it had a star. I can't be thinking of Mega Alakazam though. We're going back 10+ years of memories before X and Y were released. This is definitely Mandela effect here. I refuse to admit that I'm wrong!
Did you play the original pokemon red and green in Japanese by any chance? I've found some proof on youtube by tracking it down explaining what it means and why they removed it. Censored Pokemon - Alakazam

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom