• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon moments that made your day!

Re: Pokemon moments that made your day!

Looking back, I know that catching a shiny in the Safari Zone usually ends in disappointment, but I caught my first shiny in the Kanto Safari Zone. A few weeks ago, I was at a convention and saw a man in a Team Rocket uniform come to the stand that I was working at. We communicated with our Pokewalkers and it was pretty cool.

i'd been wanting a Swablu, and a friend said he had one with a 'crappy nature' and that i could have it. he traded it over and it was shiny with pokerus. ;0; ♥

also, pokemon in HG/SS being so freaking adorable sometimes when you talk to them.

i'd been wanting a Swablu, and a friend said he had one with a 'crappy nature' and that i could have it. he traded it over and it was shiny with pokerus. ;0; ♥

also, pokemon in HG/SS being so freaking adorable sometimes when you talk to them.

Is your friend blind or has he just got a crap load of shinys?
just wondering :lol:

1. Playing in a Wi-Fi battle I'm about to lose.

A player's Tyranitar had Dragon Danced once, while I had my Suicune out, who would have died in one hit to Stone Edge. It turns out that Stone Edge missed twice, and I killed it with Hydro Pump. I then won the match.

2. When I hatched a Bagon out of an egg at midnight on July 4 (well, a bit past midnight, maybe 12:30-ish). I was half-asleep. I opened my eyes when I heard the Bagon's cry.

"OH MY GOD IT'S SHINY HOLY CRAP"

^ My reaction to the egg hatching. It was Modest Nature, too. =D I made it hold Choice Specs, and won a Gamestop tournament because of it. Well, it and my Blissey. <3

Encountering my shiny Oddish and catching it. Getting 2 stars on my trainer card in Sapphire.

battling Red at summer camp before those stupid announcements and other little dudes were watching it and one kid was singing and dancing along to it :D

The Kanto Safari Zone is my new best friend, mainly for fishing for a Seaking and getting a Dragonair. And a Tauros, Chansey and Dratini all in one haul.

Levelling my Luxray in SoulSilver, and finding a shiny Ponyta.

At a convention on the weekend and spent about an hour talking to someone about Pokemon.

In Platinum, I decided to go to Mr. Footstep's house. I had Zuzu, my Crobat out, and this is what the guy said: "There are no Pokemon that dislike humans...Only humans that dislike Pokemon...We CROBAT are especially shunned...But Vanille always treats me as a friend and partner..." I really got the warm and fuzzies from that, especially since this is the first game where I've had a Zubat/Golbat/Crobat as a part of my main party.

Also upon defeating the Elite Four in SoulSilver, when my pokemon were entered into the Hall of Fame, it had Elizabeta my Umbreon come up, lvl 41, hatched lvl 1 at Dragon's Den. I trained her up just so I could take on Will of the Elite Four. I even traded her to a friend's game with my Lapras, Typhlosion and Ampharos so she could take on the Elite Four as well.

Last edited:
For me, it'd have to be looking on a different website for the top 5 journeyfics. I clicked on one and began reading. It took me 4 days, and the author had been working on it for 5 years. It is, and probably always will be, the best story I've ever read, Pokemon-related or not, and it's not even completed yet. I reviewed it and went on my way.

That pretty much made my weekend. :D

Trying to fill my dex in SS and running into a shiny Furret on Route 1, I don't even want to know the odds of that happening.

Finding a shiny Rattata on LeafGreen. I even trained it as part of my team.

When a scientist in Galactic Eterna Building mentionned the new world order.

On a different note, when I was playing Ruby version for the very first time, I had no idea that a pokemon such as Rayquaza existed. I was under the impression that Groudon was the last GenIII pokemon. And then, at the top of the sly pillar, I found this giant green snake with two arms. My mind was blown. This awesomeness of discovering a pokemon while playing the game.

Beating Red in HeartGold today with:
-Alakazam lv. 71
-Feraligatr lv. 63
-Ampharos lv. 57
-Umbreon lv. 60
-Geodude lv. 15
-Noctowl lv. 27

If that didn't made my day, I don't know what did. I mean, beating him and being so underleveled?
Edit: Only used last two as "victims" to use Max Revives and Hyper Potions on other fainted Pokémon.

Not actually in game but I practically came when I found Latias' Journey.

And being chosen by Cornova (author of the Poké Wars series) as a beta reader.

--------------------

Getting through Zero Isle Center without rescues or dying. Not that significant but it was still a pain in the ass.

I have two that come to mind:

*I went to PetCo and saw a dude with a Teddiursa tattoo on his leg.
*While watching "The Song of Jigglypuff" with my little sister I found out that the Jigglypuff song always creeped my mom out.

Not very big ones, but I found them entertaining.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom