• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Moon Nuzlocke

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
Alright! I started a Pokémon Moon Nuzlocke!
Day 1
(06/22/2023; early morning)
So I picked a name that was not my real name (I refuse to put it because privacy and want a new name in Moon): Lizabeth (all thanks to the ninth Pokémon movie). I could not access my Trainer ID at the moment, so I took a quiz to see which starter I’m most like. The one I got is Litten, so I guess I’m picking Litten. I’ll name it Blaze.
84C8DAAE-E9A6-4864-BCAD-A7F65FD94C88.jpeg
(Wow, look at this bad quality picture of Blaze!)
I’ll catch more Pokémon today and hopefully remember the rules! I’ll edit more as I progress throughout the game. (Wow, I start with Litten and Hau begins with Rowlet, like the Sun and Moon anime lol) (Here’s a fun fact: Litten was my second Alola starter on three playthroughs. First was Popplio in 2017, and Litten 2018 and then Rowlet 2019)

Current Team:
Litten
Nickname: Blaze
Level: 5
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Highest Stat: HP (20)
Lowest Stat: Atk, Sp. Def, Def (all 10)

Last edited:
Alright! I started a Pokémon Moon Nuzlocke!

(06/22/2023; early morning)
So I picked a name that was not my real name (I refuse to put it because privacy and want a new name in Moon): Lizabeth (all thanks to the ninth Pokémon movie). I could not access my Trainer ID at the moment, so I took a quiz to see which starter I’m most like. The one I got is Litten, so I guess I’m picking Litten. I’ll name it Blaze.
View attachment 171197
(Wow, look at this bad quality picture of Blaze!)
I’ll catch more Pokémon today and hopefully remember the rules! I’ll edit more as I progress throughout the game. (Wow, I start with Litten and Hau begins with Rowlet, like the Sun and Moon anime lol) (Here’s a fun fact: Litten was my second Alola starter on three playthroughs. First was Popplio in 2017, and Litten 2018 and then Rowlet 2019)

Current Team:
Litten
Level: 5
Highest Stat: HP (20)
Lowest Stat: Atk, Sp. Def, Def (all 10)
Don't forget to reach out if you need help. Nuzlockes are fun!

Day 2
(06/24/2023)
Since I didn’t play at all yesterday, I guess this can be considered day 2. So, here we go! As soon as I take a step, Hau appears and says “hey, let’s battle” and I’m like “what I barely know you bruh” and then Hala teleports in along with Lillie and Kukui and sure enough, Hau has a Rowlet! “Oh, thanks for saying it looks cool, Hau and it’s gonna kick your Rowlet’s butt.”
Lillie: “I don’t like seeing battles where Pokémon get hurt…” Okay N.
Battle. “Alright, go Blaze.” Since Blaze knows its Fire move already, it was able to knock off more than HALF of Rowlet’s HP and Rowlet only got less than a QUARTER of Blaze’s so I guess I’m gonna win. One more Ember.
Aaaaand I won. Now Blaze’s at Level 6 and Hau makes this weird sound kinda like Al Pacino from Family Guy. He also says he’s going all out tomorrow but tomorrow’s Monday?? I’m joking, but in real life it is. Then Hala tells me to give him the Sparkling Stone I found. Sure enough it’s a Z-Ring. (Uh what does “tutu” mean in this game?) I guess Tapu Koko (wow it’s Tapu Koko) gave me the Z-Ring but I’ll get it back tomorrow, so I guess let’s play the waiting game, and also be in the festival tomorrow~ Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow, bruh! Wdym tomorrow? In the game?
And then Nebby gets out of its bag. “GeT iN tHe BaG nEbBy!”

So we back in the house, and our in-game Mom sees Blaze and I say I met it because it’s cool and she says it’s cute and cool (would pick if I could) and now Meowth has a best friend (I wish it could talk though…)

The next day… You finally unpacking? Why the heck couldn’t you do that yesterday? Doorbell ring. Sure enough, it’s Kukui. Now we gonna go to Route 1, our mom sees us off, and we go to Route 1. Finally, we’ll add another Pokémon to our Nuzlocke team! (I really wanna break the rule and catch as many Pokémon as I can on Route 1 but I can’t since I really wanna follow the rules and I don’t want a repeat of last time- I hated that Pearl Nuzlocke)

So I walk/run all the way to Route 1 (my 3DS B button is so messed up, had to use a friend’s 3DS to delete my 4 year old previous Moon save :( Ouch) Kukui is gonna show us how to catch a Pokémon, even though we already know how to because we played ORAS or X or watched the anime but idk) Aaaand now Kukui has a Rockruff so I guess it’s my turn to catch one lol
Me received 10 Poké Balls and 5 Potions and put them in Items and Medicine Pockets
Now it’s time to catch a Pokémon! I try to make my way through the grass and sure enough, a Pokémon!

One more rule I forgot to add! You can only catch the first Pokémon per Route, BUT if you run away from or KO a Pokémon, you can’t get a second chance, just move on.
Alright, Blaze uses Litten. Only less than three quarters of Pikipek’s HP goes down, so I’mma do it. Aaaand… Pikipek is mine! Yay!
Hello Pikipek, I’m gonna name you Mordecai…
Oh. My god. It’s a girl. I’mma name it Margaret (another woodpecker from Regular Show that actually looks closer to Pikipek), but Maggie for short (because Simpsons and Maggie is also a nickname for a Magpie/Maggpi which is also a bird). Maggie is now in my party.
More walk/run steps in the grass. It’s a Caterpie.
BuT sAdLy I cAnNoT cAtCh It BeCaUsE iT iS a ViOlAtIoN oF tHe NuZlOcKe RuLeS! …I can wait for Route 2. More walk/run in grass. There’s another Pikipek. Nope, bye bye. My X button is also pretty messed up too. I use a Potion on Maggie so she doesn’t die in a battle, and then there’s a youngster who wants to battle.
Thank god he doesn’t say “I like shorts they’re comfy and easy to wear” but then he’s literally named Youngster Jimmy (what’s with Pokémon giving the first Youngsters J-names??).
Blaze is going to battle Rattata and win. It legit almost KAMIKAZES Rattata with Ember and then he goes in for a Scratch. What happens? I won! (Insert video of Link from TFOE saying “I won”) Blaze is now at Level 7.

I don’t feel like battling this next one so I’m just gonna go around- BRUH! Another Caterpie? Idk what gender the previous was, but I have a very strong feeling this is the same one as before and it wants me to catch it. NOPE. Why? Oh, that’s right! ‘Cuz… YoU cAn OnLy CaTcH tHe FiRsT pOkÉmOn PeR rOuTe!

Finally out of the tall grass, then I go in another helping of it and skip the NEXT trainer, no more Pokémon jump at me, and now I’m at Iki Town.
It’s the festival! Look, it’s Hau! Kukui! Lillie. Hala heals our team and Hau and I are battling now!

How he caught Pichu within a strange amount of time is beyond me. Where can I even get one? Oh I guess on Route 2. It’s probably not gonna be my Route 2 Pokémon but I wish I didn’t have to follow that rule! Anyway, Blaze destroys less than half of Pichu’s HP with Ember, then almost KOs it with the same attack. Done.

Next is Rowlet. Ember? SUPER EFFECTIVE! No stuff, Sherlock. Ember. Knocks off less than half Rowlet’s HP. Ember. Knocks off more than that. Rowlet is burned. Its burn. It’s almost dead. One more. I won. Blaze is now Level 8. Knows Lick.
(Sounds similar to Nuzlocke!)
Tapu Koko makes its sound and liked the battle, that’s good. Then I get a Z-ring. Finally. And now it’s time to do the Island Challenge!
And then we go home. Night night lol.

The next day, everyone’s awake. Doorbell has rang again.
I’m just gonna end it on that note. (I’ve also fed Blaze and Maggie Poké Beans; Blaze likes the red ones the best; Maggie’s favorite is the lilac purple ones; Blaze also high-fived me)

Current Team:
Litten
Level: 8
Highest Stat: HP (26)
Lowest Stat: Sp. Def, Def (both 13)
Pikipek
Nickname: Maggie
Level: 3
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Highest Stat: HP (15)
Lowest Stat: Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Def, Speed (all 7)

Last edited:
some people count the hau'oli outskirts and the trainers school as separate areas from route 1, as some of the early boss battles are almost impossible otherwise. you could consider doing that.

I’m not at Trainers School yet, but I plan to battle the Trainers and teacher there. Meanwhile, I legit skipped over Route 1 (to Iki Town) battles since I was too tired to care about those lol.

I’m not at Trainers School yet, but I plan to battle the Trainers and teacher there. Meanwhile, I legit skipped over Route 1 (to Iki Town) battles since I was too tired to care about those lol.
For Nuzlockes, you will need the experience, so you can skip some battles, but make sure to come back and do them.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom