• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Movie Music Collection

Reaction score

View: https://twitter.com/edgoldfarbmusic/status/943561486151983104

To be released December 23, 2017. Tracklist:
  1. Pokémon Theme (Gotta Catch 'em All) [From "Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You"]
  2. I Choose You [From "Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You"]
  3. Pokémon Theme (Solo Piano) [From "Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You"]
  4. Stand Tall [From "Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel"]
  5. Soul-Heart [From "Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel"]
  6. Be a Hero (A Hero's Journey) [From "Pokémon the Series: XY"]
  7. Every Side of Me [From "Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages"]
  8. Join the Band [From "Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad"]
  9. Pokémon Theme (Version XY) [From "Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction"]
  10. Open My Eyes [From "Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction"]
  11. The Key to Me [From "Pikachu, What's This Key?"]
This is the first album of dub music to be released since Pokémon X a decade ago. Note that it includes a 2:48-long version of "Be a Hero", which has not previously been released. The album can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon.

Last edited:
Great news. Glad to see Goldfarb's music is finally getting a proper release – if only in part.

I'm looking forward to that full version of Be a Hero.
I hate it when dub songs never get an extended version just because the movie doesn't have a standard opening theme.

Interesting they're coming out with this considering, like you said there hasn't been a US soundtrack release in (almost? over?) ten years.

For whatever I think of his score (not good!) I like most of the vocal songs Goldfarb's produced, so I'll have to give some of these a listen. Still, my kingdom for any of the bgm from Best Wishes onward to be released, with as little dub stuff as possible.

Love this Album, i bought it immediately. Finally TPCi start to make something with their songs! :D

Would it kill them to put the first 3 movie soundtracks along with the early dub music on iTunes?
This is TPCi we're talking about here: granted, I'd take the early dub music a thousand times over what Goldfarb has been doing for the last few years (his score is very poor to me, much like TPCi's dub in general, has been for a long, long time now), but that was when 4Kids was around- and we all know TPCi hate literally anything and everything having to do with the dub from OS through the first 3/4 of AG because they believe their voices, intros, and scripts are "superior" to what 4Kids did (as JCC did with his scripts even relative to the Japanese Version back in DP when he said "The Japanese script isn't funny at all," with Movie 20 proving that to be the case for the voices and intros, in those respective departments), and the Goldfarb music is also "superior" to Miyazaki's now (XY and SM dubbed proving that to be the case considering the most music replacement in the whole dub comes from the last two sagas, on average), too. No massive ego problems with TPCi or anything, no, it's all sunshine and rainbows right now.

It's a shame Goldfarb's vocal songs get a release when they're not even that good, though- while they're better than his abysmal, laughable BGM skills are, he's always been god-awful at remixing the 1st OP theme, butchering it twice now (Indie style reject crap for M20 dub and hipster rock stuff for XY dub, respectively) and many of his other themes are completely uninspired.

Be a Hero is admittedly his least bad OP theme so I can see where people here are coming from there, but that's still not saying anything, considering he still has his awful autotune over "COMMAAAAND" and "HERRRRRRROOOOO," "IN YOUR HAAAAAAAND" overlaying it, and it's cheesy as heck.

The only thing Goldfarb has actual talent for are ED vocals, and still, even many of those are rather cheesy and soulless at times (I Choose You's being a perfect example of that where the female singer sounded half asleep- not as dead inside as the Alolan Sun one, but still devoid of energy).

It's a shame Goldfarb's vocal songs get a release when they're not even that good, though-

Dude.

How is it a "shame" that some people, however many few there may be, get a chance to finally hear full versions of the songs they enjoy? How in the world can this release negatively impact you? You clearly have no intentions of listening his themes or his music.

A music release is a release, and even though it's not what you want, it's significant for this dub. It's almost amazing how selfish and unnecessarily petty your response sounds.

Generally speaking, I don't like Goldfarb's stuff either, but I'm glad we're getting something here. A release is a release. Plus he's much better at vocal songs than at background music IMO.

Be a Hero in particular sounds pretty good, I even hear Ash's leitmotif in there. Not a fan of how he breaks the time signature after the guitar solo, though.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom