• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Musical

Sanic Hegehog

Ur 2 Slow!!
Reaction score
I've noticed that nobody made a thread about this.

Anyway, Pokémon Musical is a new feature in Black and White. As shown in the new promotional video, you dress up your Pokémon in all sorts of stuff and then they dance on a stage. The premise is that you must dance along with everyone else in rhythm as best as you can.

Discuss

I think they replaced contests with this. But either way I didn't like the contests and there is no way I will like this. It's probably to appeal to the female demographic anyways.

Oh, I'm not confirming anything just yet, but I'll save that for the anime threads. Yeah, this is like Contests without the appeal part. I suppose I'll try it. I've at least tried every other side quest there was.

Ims till hoping the retain the normal contest formula of gen III. If not, the musicals do look awesome.

Last edited:
I'll be spamming that mechanic for a while after beating the E4, that's for sure. It looks fun. More fun then Super Contests, and I love those.

I wonder if we can put music in..

It looks almost exactly like the dress up and dance rounds of the DPt games' Super Contests... so I wonder why they didn't just keep Contests and do a few changes
In the anime I guess either this will replace Contests (though I can't see how battles fit into that) or Contests stay with an additional (or instead of performance round?) round of dress up and dancing... which is actually how the DP anime Contests should've been if they'd stick closer to the games' Super Contests... but they just continued with the AG/RSE Contests

So far, the dress-ups and the dances are seen, and because the Pokemon moves, I think this part will be more interesting because seeing Pokemon move with their decorations had so far been spectacular.

I think there is hope that the contests with Pokemon moves involved will be the same. I actually hoped that they go back to the simpler ones in Generation 3, since I think the one in Generation 4 is a little more unpredictable as you have to actually choose your judges wisely to succeed.

It doesn't look that exciting from what I've seen. Will Iris be into this in the anime? Possibly...

Ims till hoping the retain the normal contest formula of gen 11. If not, the musicals do look awesome.

Yeah, gen 11 was the best. After gen 13, the games just become worse and worse. Gen 17 was the worst, though.

On a more serious note, this sounds like a Super Contest repeat. And exactly the part I hated the most. The dressing and dancing part was what made the Super Contests lame. The old contests were fun, you had tons of combo's to pull of, none of wich worked in the Super Contest. There was actual strategy in the contest, but there was zero in the Super Contest.
I don't care for this musical thing. I liked the original contests and the pokeathlon, I doubt I will ever enjoy any other 'side game'.

I assume that the musicals will replace contests in the game?
It looks much more entertaining than contests, imo. The reason why I found contests to be boring is because during thes econd half, your pokemon launch attacks at nothing.

Super contest really bugged me, the hoenn contests were simple but hard at the same time, and the sinnoh ones were just annoying.

Hey, I liked the Super Contests! Gave me a chance to actually win at Normal Rank because I rock at dancing XD

This looks lamer than contests. But we only saw like five seconds so I'm gonna try not to be so quick to judge.

Damn, I hate this kind of things for no adequately explained reason, so I'm going to complain like I've done at absolutely everything that has been revealed of GenV so far!

...joking, but yes.

I don't like it that it seems to appeal to the female demographic only, back there in Japan; two girls and all that. I hated it when I heard "kawaii" being uttered by the announcer, too.

Though, Hell, it was kind of cute, you know?

That would actually be awesome.
But not "kawaii," the one value the Japanese society seems to spin around...

However, it might have similarities; because, really, how else do you make them dance or whatever? I totally don't know and have no idea...

Hmm... I found contests so-so, for the most part. I did them, for the trainer star; but they eventualy got old. This thing, however, I doubt I'll have any interest in at all. The graphical implementation appears to be nicely done; but the concept is awful.

Want the truth? I really don't care for the premise.

It looks to be an excellent use of the DS's hardware and the in-game assets, but watching a Pokemon dance around with sprite objects on themselves like Electronic Colorforms does not get me excited. Pokeathlon was more creative than this and that still didn't capture my attention.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom