• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Musicals... Like 'em or Hate 'em?

Like it or hate it?

• Total voters
They're oddly addicting. I wish there was more interaction out of them, though.

I really like Musicals, and I do really well in them.

Maybe my Pokemon are just naturally fabulous, and/or I have a flair for fashion?

The people who would get enjoyment out of Pokemon Musicals are probably too young to read or play the rest of the game.

Hey, hey, if you don't like musicals it's OK. If someone likes it's OK too. No need to be despective.

I reckon the Musicals are awesome. Like, having a Gallade holding two swords, flipping, spinning the swords and extending its own blades at the same time is just freakin awesome! also, the props are fun to collect. It provided a worthy distraction from the main game.

I'm not a big fan of these, personally. I somewhat enjoyed the Contests; and at least generally went through them for a trainer star or whatever... I can't see myself bothering with the musicals, though; not even for a star. They're just too dull.

It was a fun little distraction, though ultimately, it was rather pointless - no player input in the action phase, no real reward for playing, and the musical takes quite a while to play out after what is, in my opinion, the better part of the minigame (the dress-up). Good for the first fifteen minutes or half an hour, then lost interest and haven't been back since.

I reckon the Musicals are awesome. Like, having a Gallade holding two swords, flipping, spinning the swords and extending its own blades at the same time is just freakin awesome! also, the props are fun to collect. It provided a worthy distraction from the main game.

I totally agree. Yesterday I used Gallade in a musical for the first time, and I think it's one my favorites to use now. It just has such stage presence.

Never even tried them, probably never will.
They're the type of thing in Pokemon games that have never interested before.
Same goes for Contests and the Pokeathlon.

I loved how involved the Super Contests were. I didn't care for Pokéathlon and care even less for the Musicals. Super Contests felt like a whole different way to play the game, where you could strive to make and raise a Pokémon that (while maybe not the best in battle) could outperform circles around others in contests.

Musicals feel like they just tried to expand the dress-up portion of Super Contests into its own thing, and on its own, I just don't feel it holds up quite as well.

Strictly my own opinion, though.

The people who would get enjoyment out of Pokemon Musicals are probably too young to read or play the rest of the game.
=V

I personally love them. They're, in comparison, less of a hassle than the 'athlon and contests (and they don't risk ruining my six-year-old touch screen
with the stylus). They also have downloadable content (the Musical Charming Munna, being one), meaning you aren't stuck with the same four songs forever. But what I'm really hoping for is new props in the third game.

Drilbur used to be my main Musical goer (as she has all the body parts required). Then she evolved, and I switched to Maractus. Never thought any other pogey would be better than Drilbur.

I absolutely hate them. They are boring and a sorry excuse for a Contest replacement.

The trainer doesn't even do anything while they perform

I love them. D8 They're not as good as Contests (RSE and DPPt), but I sure as hell like them A LOT better than Pokethlon. The songs are catchy and nice, and I still enjoy dressing up my Pokemon, it's fun! I only wish they didn't restrict where you can place props, because I so wanted to put a cute black bow on my Boca-chan's head. :<

But other than that, it's pretty neat! It may not be Contests, but it's a worthy distraction nonetheless.

:drowsy:
respect other people's oppinions for once in your life, if you don't like it, offend IT, NOT the people that like it.

They're not bad. Just kinda boring.

They also feel pointless since you don't win anything.

I WANT TO HAVE MORE OPTIONS FOR DOING STUFF. Like reeeaaally. And I want to win something. But they are really cute =3

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom