• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Musicals... Like 'em or Hate 'em?

Like it or hate it?

• Total voters
I agree to the above posters, I want to win something!

I've only participated in musicals twice and I found it reeally boring, there's just no point...

I enjoy them.

Snivy's smug personality just make it all the more satisfying when I dress it up with elegant clothing. I seriously lol when Serperior holds onto props with it's tiny hands. It's won a bunch of Musicals, though. Awhile back, my Munna won the Charming Munna musical with a Santa Hat and a Beard. It didn't do anything. The irony was overwhelming. They've been fun, but now I've got nothing more to win. I think I have all the props now.

It's ok. I get a good chuckle out of putting a top hat and monocle on my Pokémon then subject them to humiliation. XD

They're kinda cute and a fun time waster. It's not mandatory so I don't see why anyone would be bothered by them.

i love it! :O this is the 1st time i actually like something in the game as a distraction.

i love the songs, the cute spins and jumpy "dances" to the songs, and the accessories can make for a good laugh on a "serious" pokemon. i lol'd so hard at my pirate Zekrom x) all in all, its very fun for me :D i'm glad i don't have to have any strategy involved, it lets me truly zone out from my game :p

It's ok. I get a good chuckle out of putting a top hat and monocle on my Pokémon then subject them to humiliation. XD
This and this. The things I have done to my poor, sweet Golurk... I'm surprised Riser doesn't hate me. Or have gender confusion. (Waitasec..he doesn't have a gender!) :lol:

The people who would get enjoyment out of Pokemon Musicals are probably too young to read or play the rest of the game.
In my case, I'm really twisted. I've dressed my dearest Golurk in a freaking grass skirt, diamond necklace and stuck a flower on his head and erupted in a fit of giggles. It's goofy fun. Don't get me wrong: I do miss the contests (Super and otherwise) and really wish I could actually win something doing this but I really enjoy the Musical. What can I say, my giant robot happens to be a bit of a ham. :XD:

I hate the Musicals. They are so easy and all you win are things to help win again, and again and again. I loved trying to collect all the ribbons for each rank in contests/super contests and I liked the way you could unlock more rooms by beating high scores and stuff in Pokeathlon. I think musicals are a big step down.

Musicals are the worst side content ever. Even worse, you need to do it a lot to get that Trainer Card upgrade >_>

Also, QFT:
The people who would get enjoyment out of Pokemon Musicals are probably too young to read or play the rest of the game.

They're kinda cute and a fun time waster. It's not mandatory so I don't see why anyone would be bothered by them.

Because they are really boring. Something much better could have been in its place. Hell, keep the Pokethlon. But they gave us this crap.

It's okay, but.. They don't do anything. No ribbons, no reward. All you do is watch your Pokemon randomly dance. You don't even control them.

I like the fans, but they stopped giving me props. They're easier than Contests. I like the themes of the Musicals though. It would be nice to get a reward.

Contests aren't that hard and don't require you to play a billion of them for a star >_>

I think its funnier how the Contest concept gets continually worse every generation.

For god sakes, GameFreak needs to just copy the anime-style Contests and put those in the game, axe the musicals and call it a day. The anime's take on Contests is pretty much the only reason they actually became popular in fandom.

The musical is definitely better than the contests from D/P/Pt; however, it is not as good as the Pokeathlon. I personally find the musicals rather fun whenever I pass by Nimbasa City.

Well I love dressing up my Victini, it looks super cute in both boy clothes and girl clothes

I tried them. They were okay. But, there wasn't much to do besides dress them up and watch them dance. I guess this was one of the things thrown in for the female demographic of the game.

I think its funnier how the Contest concept gets continually worse every generation.

For god sakes, GameFreak needs to just copy the anime-style Contests and put those in the game, axe the musicals and call it a day. The anime's take on Contests is pretty much the only reason they actually became popular in fandom.
Animé contests are just as dumb. They're cooler, but make absolutely no sense. You can win by KO, yet apparently no one goes for that >_>

The Appeals round in the old contests is as close as one can get from gaining and losing points. They could make it two-on-two, but then its just an extra pointless round in-game.

Animé contests are just as dumb. They're cooler, but make absolutely no sense. You can win by KO, yet apparently no one goes for that >_>

The Appeals round in the old contests is as close as one can get from gaining and losing points. They could make it two-on-two, but then its just an extra pointless round in-game.

Actually I like the idea of Appeal, then Battle rounds.

Contest are about showing off not being strong.

It doesn't seem like there's anything to do for it, or any strategy at all, especially when compared with contests.

My thoughts exactly. I played it once, and I was bored to tears. It was just dull in my opinion.

They're a major step down from contests and Pokeathlon. I was seriously disappointed (tough I lol'd at my Dewott dressed with a top hat and a cane).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom