• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Black and White ideas

Vulpixtail

Reaction score
there is a buch of romurs going around that a BW version of PMD might come out. what do you want in the BW PMD and what are your ideas?

The boss should be Kyurem that is possessed by an evil Yamask. After you fight Kyurem (ie after the end of the game) you verse Yamask in a really really hard dungeon.

Side/bonus stories like in EoS where you play as Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion in a dungeon that resembles a burning forest, with a boss at the end (a gang of Fire-type Pokémon, maybe).

I kinda agree, but it has to be an graphic style that fits it.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if the main story was about the musketeers instead of Reshiram and Zekrom. They could be in the second main story, OR, take part in the end of the main story, as the Dialga or something :D

^ just about to say that...
anyway I could imagine the musketeer trio being celebrity exploration team which is the motivation for you to become one. on a side quest you meat Keldeo (more likely if tomorrows announcement is Keldeo) who shy but strong. you go through a dungeon only to find at the end the musketeer trio who wants to see if you can beat them. after you beat them they congratulate you and say that they see potential in Keldeo. you leave the dungeon and say goodbye to Keldeo who leaves with the trio to train. sometime after, you meet Keldeo again who is now a fully trained musketeer Pokémon. just an idea.

Last edited:
instead of explorers and rescuer it could be police/peace keepers and your parter used to be a wanted outlaw. and mabey for an odd twist you become currupted and your partner has to beat like in the begining, when you wake up to find yourself a pokemon and you have to beat you partner (even if dont it would be treated as you did)
oh and here is a list of of the starters and possible partners:

Vulpix (female only)
Growlith (male only)
Eevee
Meinfoo (female only)
Timburr (male only)
Oshawott
Snivy
Tepig
Purrloin (female only)
Meowth(male only)
Piplup
Turtwig
Chimchar
Mudkip
Treeko
Torchick
Todile
Chikorita
Cyndaquil

Mechanic-wise, the game is awesome and I got no beef with the game other than the whole gender locking the hero move (was steamed when they made Skitty female only in Sky).

However what I want if and when we somehow, FINALLY get a BW PMD is to drop the whole human turned Pokemon bit. Seriously, it worked in the first game esp. since we had storytelling properly backing it up but in PMD2 it made little sense. Why not just say you were a Pokemon from the future who lost his/her memory and leave it there?

EDIT: Also, I'd like the hero(ine)'s determined nature to make more influence on their gestures. No real reason than for the sake of mere flavor and making the whole nature setup go beyond a "personality test to determine who the player is".

Last edited:
instead of explorers and rescuer it could be police/peace keepers and your parter used to be a wanted outlaw. and mabey for an odd twist you become currupted and your partner has to beat like in the begining, when you wake up to find yourself a pokemon and you have to beat you partner (even if dont it would be treated as you did)

That could make for an interesting story line, having to partner up with a former outlaw. One thing that I want is player characters for EVERY type, not just the starters (i.e. Aron as a starting character for Steel type, Ralts for Psychic etc.). Also, your partner character would be more influenced by what kind of Pokemon they are. I remember that in Red/Blue Rescue Team, the partner Pokemon had slightly different dialogue and personalities for different Pokemon. And no Ghost types as the villain, please. It's gotten old.

StreetPass feature where when you walk by someone with the game, you can take their main Pokémon into dungeons with you (until you complete the dungeon, or die).

I want MD Black/White or MD Generation 6 to be on the Wii U, with the main, dungeon-crawling gameplay being similar to the current games on the touch-screen, then cutscenes, hub areas, and the like on the TV screen in full, 3D graphics like or better than PokePark 2.

How about a sidestory to do with Genesect? It could be infected with a virus or something, and you have to fight it post-story.

Explorers of Void. How's that for a name? Perfect for anything related to Kyurem.

There'll be three games, so perhaps... Yin and Yang, with the third version being Void?

...yes, I know they suck. I'm not too good with this sort of thing.

Okay, it's list time!

1) Allow the player to outright choose their Pokemon, without taking some dumb personality test. I don't want to have to look online for the right answers to get a Riolu.
2) As someone mentioned above, remove the Pokemon that can be only be played as female or only be played as male, and put them back as both.
3) Graphics update? Pleeease? Chances are, they're going to release it for the 3DS, and even if it's still top down, some 3D polygons would be nice (a la Gen IV)
4) Again, as someone suggested above, drop the 'human turned into Pokemon' plot element. The excellent and touching story of Time/Darkness was slightly marred by that.
5) Some awesome storyline involving Genesect.
6) No or little game mechanic changes. The PMD series has got mechanics pretty well nailed down.

i dont why you guys are hating the idea of you turning into pokemon. a reason why its a good idea is that ...uh..um. . . youknowicantthinkofareasonitsjustagoodidea! and the personality quiz was a cute thing to do, but the player should act like there personality and all pokemon should have different stuff to say and change the different facecail expression like when they changed them in PMD: EoD,EoT, and EoS from the expressions in PMD: RRT and BRT.

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott, Pikachu, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Totodile, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Meowth, Piplup, and Chimchar will be obvious starters. I would like it for them to add Emolga, Pansage, Minncino, Drilbur, and Axew.

i dont why you guys are hating the idea of you turning into pokemon. a reason why its a good idea is that ...uh..um. . . youknowicantthinkofareasonitsjustagoodidea!

And it was a good idea, in the first game. Where the game's narrative actually gave a reason for the existence of humans and why the Pokemon living there (initially) feared you thanks to Gengar's manipulations. If I remember and it's been a long time so correct me if I'm wrong, the hero(ine) of the first game being a human also meant something further due to their power being far greater than a normal monster of said species. Either way, the narrative justified it.

Many are free to disagree and that's cool but in the PMD2/2.5(Sky) the whole being a human (assuming only living human) in nightmarish future world inhabited by only Pokemon before and during just came out of nowhere and was pretty needless. The hero(ine) could have easily have been a Pokemon from the future and left there.

The player (via their hero character and their partner) already became part of the story and that's putting every players personal narrative aside atm. So, the whole "yous a human" thing which was meant to make the player feel even more special and involved just felt really weird given narrative setting PMD2/2.5 gave itself.

They could probably just drop the "human-turned-into-Pokemon" bit, and just have you start out as a Pokemon. Maybe you come from a small village or something and you want to explore the world. That'd be cake to write, and would give your character a "reason" to be moving around the place instead of "must find out why/how I became a Pokemon/etc"

My very weird and random want for a future MD game is to prevent the player from changing Pokemon. Ever. I know that's a weird thing to want, and most people wouldn't want that -at all- but please hear me out... I always felt it was weird that you *are* the Pokemon you're assigned the at the start of the game, but then "Oh hey, you beat the game. Now you can control other characters". That seems so... weird to me. I mean, once you beat the main story in the main games, they don't let you take over a npc or something, you are you for the entirety of the game. MD puts such an emphasis on "YOU are the POKEMON" throughout the game, that it doesn't feel right to be able to just go and change characters. I'm sorry, I have a feeling that this isn't making any sense once I try to say it... I guess I'm saying that if they're gonna have us be able to change what Pokemon we control, don't emphasize so much how the player is this one main Pokemon. Either do that and not let the player change who they control, or make it clear from the outset that the player -isn't- a Pokemon, they're just controlling some.

tl;dr It always seems really weird to me when a big fuss is made about how you -are- the character you're controlling (since it's a first-person rpg) and then they go and let you change what character you control.

I know that that'd be a really unpopular change, since most people probably wait the whole game to be able to play as their favorite 'mon...

---

On a different note, I'd also like them to remove the "this starter is x gender only" thing. I'm kinda annoyed that the 'mons I really want to play as are usually male-only. I know I could just play as a guy... Maybe a solution could be to have one option be more likely to appear for a certain gender, but not impossible for the other. (Obviously, one-gender 'mons would still be one-gender)

Example: Personality test results A will give you either... Meowth or Skitty, let's say. If you're playing as a guy, then there's a 75% chance it'll be Meowth over Skitty, flipped for the girls. So, I could still get a Meowth if I'm patient/lucky. This'd also make the quiz a little more random/interesting.

That being said, I never understood why they restricted some Pokemon to certain genders in the first place... :/

@Georgie Pie- I'm not too sure about your premise, but I get the idea of where you're coming from. In the aftermath of the first game esp. The very fact your partner suggests you splitting forces was confusing to me but when you talk to them in dungeons they (and you as well if you switch from lead) sound so horribly generic. Given the emotion you would've staked into the setting and cast at this point that was just really hurtful.

The second game fixed that GREATLY AND BEYOND, the hero(ine) and partner were always together and were the walking sprites/ones who run Treasure Town business as their team heads. They were both also very unique in dungeon chat dialogues as well however, they didn't have to be in the dungeon party. Those two were with me 24/7 and don't even get me started on Evolution (wouldn't even consider it for them), but it was a great compromise overall.

As for gender locking? *shrugs* insecurity. Well mostly I assume a Pokemon's looks but I'm holding the insecurity card hard for that one.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom