• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Black and White ideas

Isaac Gravity said:
The second game fixed that GREATLY AND BEYOND, the hero(ine) and partner were always together and were the walking sprites/ones who run Treasure Town business as their team heads. They were both also very unique in dungeon chat dialogues as well however, they didn't have to be in the dungeon party. Those two were with me 24/7 and don't even get me started on Evolution (wouldn't even consider it for them), but it was a great compromise overall.

I never played beyond the first two (Red/Blue Rescue Team) so I didn't know about that... Now I want to go buy the other MD games! XD I guess I should do some more research before ranting next time, lol.

Access to all the pokemon no the last two pokes are missing since they never gave out the event (Arceus).

But seriously:
1. Infinite TM usage like in B/W. Though that is probably gonna happen anyway.
2. Dream world abilities
3. Individual items in pack don't take up different slots in pack. Think traditional RPG style inventory like Apple x3
4. Better control over party members
5. 4 and 5 Gen move tutors so you can access things like ice punching Lucario
6. Pick your own starter. No personality quiz and more starter options as a result
7. A better way to access egg moves
8. Last and certainly not the least keep up the good work with the story and music. PMD has some of the best music and the best stories of Pokemon.

More traps. Maybe a trap that lowers your level (temporarly), or one that Brings you back to the beggining of the dungeon (just not on a really long dungeon, like 35+ floors).

Instead of zekrom and reshiram (side stories maybe?), the muskateers would be alot better. A 150 floor dungeon (99's not enough for me), maybe 10 special episodes, the recruition system from red rescue team and blue rescue team, even more ranks :)DDDDDDDD), and so on.

if anyone would like to add a story line to what the story would be like please be my guest
ie: you wake to find yourself haveing no reculation of your past. all you know is your name and the name of three others: colbeion, virzion and terraekion. "are you okay?' a voice says out of no where. you try to open your eyes but you are to exusted and barley open your eyes. (just so you all know this will be partaily point of veiw). all you see is the blurred image of a pokemon. (aka your partner) 'are you okay' it askes again. you get up just a little reenergized, and you fell sore to the bone. 'im glad you are awake!' the voice said happily 'im *partner's name goes here*, whats yours?'
[quote masterx22] More traps. Mabey a trap that lowers you level (temporarly), or one that Brings you back to the biggining of the dugeon (just not a really long dungeon, like 35+ floors).

Instead of zekrom and reshiram (side stories mabey?), the muskateers would be alot better. A 150 floor dugeon (99'snot enough for me), mabey 10 special episodes, the recrution system from red rescue team and blue rescue team, even more ranks :)DDDDDDDD), and so on. [/quote]

that is some creative thinking! can you add to that so on? pwease!

Last edited:
i dont know why but alot of people hate the move animations. i think, snice there was not any new moves, they reused the anmations

Direct command of party members.

...in an easy-to-toggle way of course. No use in direct commanding "move forward" to your partner for the hundredth time, but it would be handy for tight situations.

OMG if they had a new B/W mystery dungeon I would be so excited! I reckon you should be able to send pokemon across from your B/W version to go on adventures!

All I want is better control over party members, and if a Pokémon joins your team then I want interaction with it, not just treating it as an outsider.

I'm curious as to how will the Dream World abilities come into play actually, given that every pokemon had both before. I'd personally preffer if you could obtain them as someone else aready said, rather than actually making pokemon with different abilities. Or choose what ability you have before going into a dungeon or something.

Most of the PMD3(wii) mechanics/engine probably are assumed to be in if it's a 3D game. Including rare shiny pokemon with 200 base hunger. Though I'd preffer if the pokémon tower was out and the linked moves were in.

As for wild ideas... Again I'd like if they remade the moves, to have more variety in them like beam attacks doing a line of damage for instance, or altogether change how some did work.

Regardless of the personality thingy and choosing or not your pokemon (though I'd like that in, personally) I'd like to see natures in all pokemon (yours being determined obviously by the test). But not only that, I'd like using this too to have your non-partner/plot teammates were more participative in story and dialogue even, getting different lines according to their nature and species (even if only for dungeon talk) and possibly portraits with different expressions!
But that one is just ridiculous and a nightmare for the developers and localization...

I loved the second-story (or "post"-game) of both main games too, even though they were quite weaker in presentation. I'd like if they were worked on. Similarly, I'd like if the "true post-game" was also improved, with a better system for player rescues and extra online missions and such.

But leaving what I want the most for the last: More towns. More areas to explore. Make me feel that the world is actually as big as the world-map tells me so. Put dungeons in areas you need to travel to first.
The first game had the part where you are outlaws, traveling across the land. I kinda want that, except not limited to just a series of cutscenes.

Evolutions being permitted in-game during the main story. Up till now, evolution was only done POST-game, and the worst case was in Explorers of Sky, where the quest to enable evolution was probably the last thing to do. I felt disappointed that evolution was unlocked AFTER having to go through freaking amounts of training to level up and meet the legendaries because I couldn't evolve and was way too weak as a starter.

PMD2 has one of my favourite stories of any video game. If they make a new plot that's just as good with as many lovable characters as before, I'll be very happy indeed.

I'd like to see a longer post-game story which has every legendary Pokemon taking part at some point. I was disappointed with how many of them only appeared in plot-free dungeons that required a special code in PMD2.

Scraggy as a possible player Pokemon. I imagine I'll become one, for some reason. Not that I'll have any problem with that. If I can also have a Snivy as a partner, (Very likely) the game will be just perfect.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom