• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blazing, Stormy, and Lighting Adventure Squad?!

Pride

The First Homunculus
Reaction score
Three new Mystery Dungeons are out on wiiware in Japan and my question is....do you think they'll be release in the US? Discuss your thoughts, opinions, and add to this if you find anything.

Pokemon appear as they did in Pokemon ranch

Diffferent starter pokemon depending on your version.

I think they will be released eventually. I mean, why wouldn't they?

perhaps for the same reason the Pt update to Ranch never crossed the sea? :eek:

I guess Nintendo of America doesn't want to bother with things that'll bring them little to no profit.

I don't really care about these games, given that they're reportedly much shorter than the DS games and you need to buy all three to get the full experience, which amounts to $45. The only thing I'm interested in is the plot if there is one, as I've found no website with a summary of the games' story.

I guess Nintendo of America doesn't want to bother with things that'll bring them little to no profit.

I don't really care about these games, given that they're reportedly much shorter than the DS games and you need to buy all three to get the full experience, which amounts to $45. The only thing I'm interested in is the plot if there is one, as I've found no website with a summary of the games' story.

I haven't seen a plot anywhere, either. I was considering purchasing one, though I don't know which one.

I'm pretty sure they'll come out in the US. I kinda want them to, as I've never played MD and I'd like to try it out.

So, are the Wiiware Mystery Dungeon games Japanese only?

Because it's been like over a year and a half since they were released in Japan, and we still have yet to even recive news of them being released in the US...

Re: So, are the Wiiware Mystery Dungeon games Japanese only?

Like the Ranch update, it seems like Nintendo of America (and all the other branches, excluding Japan's) has decided not to release the WiiWare adaptions of the Mystery Dungeon series. They've certainly had a long time to do so. At this point, there doesn't seem to be any chance.

From what I've heard, the games didn't sell well in Japan. So that may be part of the reason why.

Edit: Merged with the existing WiiWare Mystery Dungeon thread.

Oops. Didn't see this thread until I already posted my other thread. Sorry.

Well, that sucks. I was really interested in them. I seriously hope this series doesn't go Japanese only...

I was really interested in them.

I was too at first, but then I heard from people that played the games there was a lack of a story. Given that one of the greatest things about the Mystery Dungeon series is the fact they have much better stories than the mainstream games, this obviously lowered my interest in the game a lot. I also heard the game wasn't long at all (which you can tell by looking at the low amount of dungeons present in each version of the game), and only a small fraction of all the Pokemon was avaliable in each version. The final nail in the coffin was the fact the game utilized the ugly Ranch models.

So honestly, while I did want to give the game a try, there were a lot of issues with it, and ultimately, I don't really care anymore that these games weren't released.

I seriously hope this series doesn't go Japanese only...

You mean future DS versions? Oh, don't worry. The DS games have done great both here and in Japan. If there's another DS Mystery Dungeon game released in Japan, it'll certainly be released everywhere else, too.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom