• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Discussion Thread

Achrom25tic

The Ugliest Trainer in Galar
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The PMD series doesn't disapoint. It's my favorite Pokémon video game series overall. Even though it's a spinoff series, it's still better than the main games in my book. I'm currently playing Explorers of Sky, in which I'm a Vulpix named Miles (obviously) and my partner is a Piplup named Alex.

Talk about all the PMD games here, all you fans out there! Memorable moments, the version you're currently playing, which Pokémon you are, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

I play Blue Rescue Team. I started as Pikachu in my first run (which I accidentally deleted), and as Charmander in my second and current one. My partner has always been Squirtle, because Blastoise is my favorite Pokémon. On my first run, I managed to get Blastoise to level 100, which was possibly the happiest moment of my then-ten-year-old life.

Another of my favorite moments was when I found my first buried item, a Max Elixir. I haven't found another one since.

PMD is AWESOME! I recently accidentally sold my PMD games, but I'll be buying Explorers of Sky in ten or so days. When I get it I'm gonna see what Pokemon I would actually be first, then go on the internet and find the answers to be a Riolu, and get a female Vulpix as my partner. I'll be sure to post here when I get it!

I like the PMD series, but in my opinion it could of been better in terms graphics and story. That really the only thing I don't like about it besides lack of good replay value. Sure it just a dragon and dungeons + pokemon, but I still liked it.

Red team: Pikachu used to like it, now I hate it, me, Mudkip, partner, because mudkipz are love<3, Spinda, for the cuteness, and Houndoom

Time team: Piplup, me, Pikachu, partner asdf;ghjkl Lapras, and I don't remember the fourth member.

I didn't bother to get Sky. It looked no different from Time/Darkness to me.

Mystery Dungeon is awesome. I just simply love the format though I've only played Blue.
I'm a Charizard with Heat Wave +1, Flamethrower, Blast Burn and Ember +1. Lv. 100.
My partner's a Feraligatr with Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon, Slash, and Dive/Surf/Waterfall. Yup, that slot's my HM slot.
I also use a Magikarp (Splash is his name and favorite move. He now has Tackle and Flail. He's level 78 and growing), for the fun of it. Actually used it to get through Silver Trench.
I've apparently recruited all 386, and am at Lucario Rank.
Got one (or more) of each TM/HM, plus a used one.

Edit:
Bought Sky, Played Sky, Now in Blizzard Island. Completed all Special Episodes.
I'm Torchic, Wide Slash +1, Vacuum Cut, Flamethrower, and I don't remember the last one.
My partner's Piplup, Brine, Hydro Pump, Brick Break, Something else.
Got through everything up to and including Sky Peak.

Last edited:

I love the PMD series. I own each of the games and two copies of Blue Rescue Team--

Red: Team Blade; Treecko and Charmander
Blue 1: Team Dragons; Feraligatr and Charizard
Blue 2: Team Treevee; Umbreon and Sceptile
Time: I restarted this one, it used to have the same thing as my first Blue game.
Darkness: Team Blaze Leaf; Charizard and Meganium
Sky: Team Disaster; Turtwig and Shinx

I've never been willing or able to raise a Pokemon to Lv. 100 in the main games, but I have four Lv. 100s in Darkness: me, my partner, a Feraligatr, and a Lucario; I also have a Mew and a Heatran that are pretty close to 100.
I'm currently playing Sky; I'm in Deep Dark Crater, and I cannot beat Darkrai no matter what DX

PMD:EoS is amazingly fun. I have two lv. 100s and I'm working towards making my team from the main games.

Also I happened to get six Wondermail S codes for the Myster Part/Secret Slab. XD

I think the plot was a lot better in the second gen version than any of the main series attempts at "destruction of the world" plots.

I just wish for onece that you were actualy pokemon not human for once....

Does anyone who plays these games ever use anybody other than their starter/partner?

I used a Noctowl once because I liked Hypnosis, Vibrava because it was the first second-stage Pokémon I'd recruited, Castform because weather is actually pretty common in certain dungeons, Nuzleaf to see what Nature Power would become in certain dungeons, Poliwrath because of Damp, and Teddiursa for the lulz.

And if legendaries count, I've used Articuno, Zapdos, Rayquaza, and Ho-oh over the years. I tried Kyogre too, but it sucked. (Level 25? WTF was gamefreak thinking?)

I cried at both the endings in my two PMD games. The end is always so sad when you have to leave your partner... it's also the ONLY time you actually talk.

^ agreed

I am going to go out and grab my DS and EoS game when i am done on here, start a new game and play the day away. I love these games, but i actually forgot bout it. BTW, i might use internet to find what starter i want, so my team will be....

Charmander(Ember) and Shinx(lucky)

Anybody ever think of trying a nuzlocke on these?

^ agreed

I am going to go out and grab my DS and EoS game when i am done on here, start a new game and play the day away. I love these games, but i actually forgot bout it. BTW, i might use internet to find what starter i want, so my team will be....

Charmander(Ember) and Shinx(lucky)

Anybody ever think of trying a nuzlocke on these?

Whoa, dude. This is the Mystery Dungeon series. It's much too difficult already! Plus all your pokémon are revived if you faint so it's no use.

What Miles said, also, you can't release your starter/partner.

good point. anyway, update

in 1st dungeon, same team as b4

Oh yes! EoS is my favorite game ever, besides Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Gold!

Anyway, I've spent so many hours on PMD that I lost count...but here's my team in EoS!

Team:Blueshock
Me:Typhlosion Lv.100(Richie)
Partner:pikachu Lv.100(Sparkster)
Notable Recruits:Articuno, Mew, Shaymin, Cloyster, Darkrai, Kecleon, Manaphy, Phione
Items:Mystery Part, Yellow Bow, Power Band, x10 Huge Apples, Gracidea..

I love PMD. In Red Rescure Team, I started with a Bulbasaur with a Charmander partner. I had the exact same team in Explorers of Time.

I thought Blue was surprisingly well done for a spinoff game. The story was fantastic, you really feel like a jerk until you find out Gengar was the human, not you. However, the gameplay got repetitive to me.

I was a mudkip with a partner chikorita (best grass starter ever! Besides tsutarja XD)

I've always extremely enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon games, but I could never continue to play them after I had totally completed the story in each game and I had recruited every Legendary. The games just lack the replay value which is essential to the mainstream games.

Loved the games, especially the second set. Loved the darker storyline. I loved the special episodes in Sky, especially #5. My main team there is:

Shinx- starter
Turtwig- partner
Charizard- joined as a reward for a mission (that I made with the Wonder Mail Generator)
Garchomp- joined as a reward for a mission (that I made with the Wonder Mail Generator)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom