• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

Reaction score
So the direct announced Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, releasing March 6, 2020. A Demo version releases today!
You can also share rescue passwords and A-ok mail so you can get rescued by fellow members. Please include the dungeon name and floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM SO READY! BRT was the very first Pokemon game I ever played, and my favorite to this day! I can't wait to play this......in summer when I get back home and have my switch. But even still, I hope this means they're planning more Mystery Dungeon games. I was always sad that gen 7 never got one. I'd love to see one with Gen 7 and 8 Pokemon in the future.

I really like that they're incorporating the scarves on the characters like SMD had, and in different colors too :D

Maybe Spike chunsoft ran out of ideas for new pmd games, so they decided to remake old ones, for now.

Maybe Spike chunsoft ran out of ideas for new pmd games, so they decided to remake old ones, for now.
I think Super Mystery Dungeon had such a grand scale that there's really no topping it. Instead, they're remaking the first Mystery Dungeon game, which, admittedly, is outdated by now.

I think Super Mystery Dungeon had such a grand scale that there's really no topping it. Instead, they're remaking the first Mystery Dungeon game, which, admittedly, is outdated by now.
Well like I said, if they're remaking this one they may remake explorers and possibly gate of infinity, my money is on explorers of sky.

I find it weird how much people wanted a Sinnoh remake, and yet some of those same people act like a Rescue Team remake is a weird thing for them to do.

But I think people should consider that in addition to the beautiful new artstyle, they are including fan favorite Pokemon like Lucario and have even added mega evolution as a mechanic, so already this is going way beyond a straight remake of the originals and is adding content that would only appear in later games.

I’m really excited about this! I never got to play any of the original DS Mystery Dungeon games (with Super being the only one I’ve played) but I’ve heard they’re some of the best Pokémon games out there so I’m excited to have an opportunity to play them now. I can’t wait to see what Pokémon the personality quiz assigns me. ^^

By the way, I think it’s adorable how the graphics are basically a 3d version of the game art.

I’m really excited about this! I never got to play any of the original DS Mystery Dungeon games (with Super being the only one I’ve played) but I’ve heard they’re some of the best Pokémon games out there so I’m excited to have an opportunity to play them now. I can’t wait to see what Pokémon the personality quiz assigns me. ^^

By the way, I think it’s adorable how the graphics are basically a 3d version of the game art.
I personally think Super is the best of the bunch, but I admit I don't remember much about the original Rescue Team games, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this remake will improve them.

Fingers crossed for references to other Mystery Dungeon games!

This is most definitely something I'm getting the day it releases! I lost my copy of the original, so I'm super stoked to be able to play this again! I hope they remake Sky afterwards too; I adored that one as well! Mega Gengar and Gardevoir would be lovely to have in the main story.

Let's hope they remake Pokemon Ranger next

I'm hoping that we will see all Pokemon in this game, not just the original gens 1-3 'mons and a handful of fan favorites. The fact that Lucario was shown but no other post gen 3 'mons makes me a little worried.

If they only add in a few gen 4+ 'mons, I'm going to guess that all statue Pokemon--Bonsly, Lucario (already confirmed) Mime Jr., Weavile--from the original will make it in.

Edit: And Munchlax.

Edit 2: Someone said that they saw a Togekiss while playing the demo.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom