• ME encounters a spooky skeletal dragon. Watch here as he shouts physics at it, in the hopes of preventing it from KOing itself.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

Lovely
Reaction score
Nice! It's so cool to see mystery dungeon back for the Switch.

I really hope that they nerf Jirachi and Celebi's dungeon a bit. Those two dungeons were just horribly difficult.

Reaction score
I really hope that they nerf Jirachi and Celebi's dungeon a bit. Those two dungeons were just horribly difficult.
A bit? I had to cheat because no matter what I tried I could never pass those dungeons! No wonder none of the other PMDs had unlockable Pokémon in unforgivable dungeons.

Reaction score
Nice! It's so cool to see mystery dungeon back for the Switch.

Wish Cave and Joyous Tower were rather easy once you had a tight belt and therefore could spend as much time as necessary grinding. Purity Forest, though... *war flashbacks*

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Guys, I just realized something: The Final Boss may or may not be a Pokemon that gained the ability to Mega Evolve in Gen 6.
Only being cryptic so as not to spoil anything for those who have not played the original games.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys, I just realized something. The Final Boss may or may not be a Pokemon that gained the ability to Mega Evolve in Gen 6.
Only being cryptic so as not to spoil anything for those who have not played the original games.
Oh God, why did you have to remind me? That dungeon was bad enough already.

Reaction score
Yeah. I remember how bad the final dungeon was. If I recall, there were powerful Pokemon in there.
The floors were too big and full of halls and there were Aerodactyl everywhere with Agility, which allowed it to move and act at twice the speed. It was made to annoy as much people as possible.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
The floors were too big and full of halls and there were Aerodactyl everywhere with Agility, which allowed it to move and act at twice the speed. It was made to annoy as much people as possible.
There were also Salamence there too.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Yes. This and the Western Cave are already giving me bad vibes.
Yeah. Cause the Pokémon that is faught at the bottom of that dungeon can also mega evolve. Also, alakazam and his team can all mega evolve.

Reaction score
Yeah. Cause the Pokémon that is faught at the bottom of that dungeon can also mega evolve. Also, alakazam and his team can all mega evolve.
Oh right, that fight in the dojo. Hopefully they will only let one of them Mega Evolve.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
I don't remember much about this game, so I'm probably going to have to have some of the differences pointed out to me once the game comes out.

Reaction score
Don't know why Lucario's in this. At first I thought it was because Lucario got referenced in the originals but then I saw that Lucario is apparently a playable character in this game which goes beyond just a reference.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Don't know why Lucario's in this. At first I thought it was because Lucario got referenced in the originals but then I saw that Lucario is apparently a playable character in this game which goes beyond just a reference.
Perhaps they are putting Gen 4 Pokemon into the final game?

Reaction score
Perhaps they are putting Gen 4 Pokemon into the final game?
IIRC, since I have not played Rescue Team in 10 years or more, Alakazam says that Lucario had the best Rescue Team and that's why the final rank is named after him, so maybe they're expanding that by adding him to this game. I feel that Munchlax also has a chance of appearing considering he appeared in a rare random event, too.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
IIRC, since I have not played Rescue Team in 10 years or more, Alakazam says that Lucario had the best Rescue Team and that's why the final rank is named after him, so maybe they're expanding that by adding him to this game. I feel that Munchlax also has a chance of appearing considering he appeared in a rare random event, too.
That would make sense. I mean, why mention wanting to become as famous as Lucario, when the darn thing does not appear at all. Also, it's possible that the rank was called that simply to promote generation 4, which had not yet started at the time of the original games' release during Generation 3. Same with Munchlax.

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, there is data for an unused Pokémon in the original PMD. I wonder if that was supposed to be Lucario or someone different.

Reaction score
It's safe to say that the Pokémon that got a (pre-)evolution after the original games came out (so Budew and Roserade, Ambipom, Mismagius and Honchkrow, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Mantyke, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire and Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon and Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, Froslass, and Sylveon) as well as Riolu + Lucario will all be in the game. I actually quite like this approach; I wouldn't be happy if they threw an entire five (!) generations of Pokémon into a game they don't really belong to, and at the same time, preventing all these Pokémon from evolving would be unnecessary too (throwback to FireRed/LeafGreen). I guess Lucario is a bit of a bonus, but I could imagine that they include a little arc that deals with him and his "super incredible" Rescue Team.