• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

Reaction score
The animation could also be better. I watched an interesting video on YouTube about Eevee's "skeleton" and it's even more simple than the Sword and Shield "skeleton". Why couldn't they just reuse the old one?
Don't know. Maybe they are Spike-Chunsoft's models?

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
It's kinda hard to realize that this game is less than a month away. I'm currently in the process of going through the game's cutscenes to refresh my memory on its plot a bit before the new plot is fully revealed.

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I think they reused the models from Super, some of which were reused from Gates, which were apparently reused from PokéPark...

Reaction score
Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I hope they don't use the Lapis Cave music in every postgame dungeon in the remake.

Reaction score
Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Bookworm
Reaction score
I like the idea of having cutscenes with the partner and player but I guess they will have to draw a lot of stuff then since there are so many combinations. It will be fun to watch my Skitty and Cubone interact since I like the contrast between creepy/sad and cute/cheerful.

I hope that Gengar and Gardevoir get some good cutscenes. I feel like their story is more emotional since there were more severe consequences to Gengar's actions even if he gets a chance to redeem himself.

The sad stuff falls flat in the PMD1 post-game since the player comes back so quickly and everything else is basically fine aside from the Gengar/Gardevoir stuff. Compare this to PMD2 where things are still intense in the post-game.

I would argue that the fugitive stuff was actually more emotional than the ending so maybe that is where they should focus on the emotional cutscenes instead.

Last edited:
The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
The sad stuff falls flat in the PMD1 post-game since the player comes back so quickly and everything else is basically fine aside from the Gengar/Gardevoir stuff. Compare this to PMD2 were things are still intense in the post-game.
Or to Super and even Gates, where you have to actively work to get the other team member back during the post-game.

professional door opener
Reaction score
Game's out!

So I've been playing for a short while, and I'm not sure what to think about one particular change.

Generic A attack has been replaced with Struggle, and you start with four moves. This probably means a lot more PP management is going to be a thing in the later dungeons, but as of now, I get the feeling it was meant more as a dumbing down of the original game's combat.

You can switch your leader between you and your partner, which I guess is pretty cool?

Hopefully I'll like some of the new stuff they've added once I get there :whistle:

Reaction score
You can switch your leader between you and your partner, which I guess is pretty cool?
I guess this can be useful if you know that you're going to do better controlling your partner during a boss fight or to prevent artificial stupidity. Also, yay for not having to wait till the post-game to do this!

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
My copy just came in the mail today! While I'm sad they got rid of the Friend Areas, I like that they made every area available straight up instead of holding a bunch of them until the post game. They also reuse the old sprites for when you go to said areas as part of a menu. It's kinda cute, actually!

professional door opener
Reaction score
I'm loving some of the QoL changes, like being able to set up your teams and items right before you leave on an exploration.

I want to say they've dumbed some things down, but my team was nearly obliterated in Oddity Cave, so it seems they've made up for it in other aspects. Seeing4-tile large Pokemon spooked me the first time I saw one.

Also, does anyone know if Diglett tunnel in front of the base that leads to the Pelipper office there in the original games, or is it a new addition? I never noticed it if it was :l

I also met a starving Trapinch on Mt Steel, and he joined me when I gave him an apple. It was super cute

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if Diglett tunnel in front of the base that leads to the Pelipper office there in the original games, or is it a new addition? I never noticed it if it was :l
I think that's new since you had to go through the town center to go the Pelipper Post Office in the original game.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Okay, I'm giving the remake massive points for one thing: Oddity Cave. Why? IT LETS YOU BEFRIEND PIDGEY AND PONYTA WHO WERE HARD AS SHIT TO BEFRIEND IN THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! In the original, there was only one place you could even hope to befriend a Pidgey in, and even then, it wasn't guaranteed and only on a few select floors! Plus, Ponyta was shafted into Joyous Tower and we all know the 99 floor dungeons that reduce your level are terrible.