• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

Oh gosh this situation reminds me of that 'y'all want her?' meme because I don't think that there was that much demand for something like this tbh. I've literally only seen like a few dozen people on message boards and social media express interest in this and I find it to be a complete rip off for them to remake the first two PMD games and only upgrade the graphics and add Megas.

Oh gosh this situation reminds me of that 'y'all want her?' meme because I don't think that there was that much demand for something like this tbh. I've literally only seen like a few dozen people on message boards and social media express interest in this and I find it to be a complete rip off for them to remake the first two PMD games and only upgrade the graphics and add Megas.
From my progress thus far in the demo they've made at least a couple more changes than that; the "move leveling" feature from later MD games is in, for instance. They also seem to have removed regular attacks.

They also seem to have removed regular attacks.
Aw man. I really liked the original system because it made traversing long dungeons really easy at a high level.

I’ve also been told that the gummi system is gone as well.

We don't even know the full extent of the changes yet, or how many new Pokemon we are getting so people dismissing this game as a lazy cash grab (somehow more of one than the Pokemon series is already?) just because they aren't personally interested in this series to begin with seems a bit disingenuous to me.

And I don't follow this logic chain of "nobody cares about this series anyway, so they should make a brand new game with a ton of new features that I can then also dismiss out of hand as a product that shouldn't even be made."

Last edited:
Other gameplay changes include:
  • There are new itens, such as ethers.
  • The description for the Friend Bow mentions shinies.
  • Pressing A causes the game to select the best attack.
  • The starters all have four moves to begin with.
  • There's a tunnel from the base to the post office.
  • The dojo is timed, and only one Pokémon can enter. It also has tutorials.

Other gameplay changes include:
  • There are new itens, such as ethers.
  • The description for the Friend Bow mentions shinies.
  • Pressing A causes the game to select the best attack.
  • The starters all have four moves to begin with.
  • There's a tunnel from the base to the post office.
  • The dojo is timed, and only one Pokémon can enter. It also has tutorials.
Sincerely, none of them are bad in my opinion, although I hope Ethers are common enough to not screw players (and knowing this is a rogue-like, that could happen).

Wanted to play through the demo before giving any sort of opinion here, but I'm sold on this game and plan to make my pre-order the next moment I can. If it wasn't for the cold freeze in my area, I would have done so already.

I'm loving the designs and models so far, no bad N64 trees here! I only really have a few nitpicks and it doesn't really impact the games negatively for me.

1. I think the starting moves are a little over-powered, not sure if they will be carried over to the full game. I'm seeing Treecko with Iron Tail and Dragon Breath and Charmander with Flame Burst and Dragon Rage. It can easily be remedied at the Gulpin Shop, which I might end up doing so long as I can re-learn those moves later.

2. The map automatically revealing the location of enemies and items. At least they keep the location of the stairs hidden, but knowing the locations of everything else takes away from the exploration for me. Going down corridors that may contain enemies, entering rooms in search of extra items, that's my favorite part about dungeons. And considering how we already had items for doing this, it made it a little too easy. I hope I can either disable this or the feature goes away after the second area.

I'm so excited for the remake!! I'm buying it as soon as it comes out! I already have the demo, and I like what I'm seeing so far! I still have my old copies of Red and Blue Rescue Team, with Blue having been the one I played the most.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom