• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

So assuming the datamining information is real, I am pretty happy with what we are getting here. All the Generation 4 evolutions to existing Rescue Team Pokemon and the Lucario family line, including all their megas as well. This includes the one evolution that is more recent for Eevee, Sylveon. Shinies are in as well.

Sure, some might argue this is the bare minimum of what they were expecting, but I'm glad to see that the effort was made to bring everything in line with the current state of Pokemon.

Last edited:
So assuming the datamining information is real, I am pretty happy with what we are getting here. All the Generation 4 evolutions to existing Rescue Team Pokemon and the Lucario family line, including all their megas as well. This includes the one evolution that is more recent for Eevee, Sylveon. Shinies are in as well.

Sure, some might argue this is the bare minimum of what they were expecting, but I'm glad to see that the effort was made to bring everything in line with the current state of Pokemon.
Where's the datamine? I wanna read it.

New trailer today, and it looks like something completely new. I mean, I've replayed PMD several times, but I'm pretty sure this was not in the original game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8oIOlpLhbE

The first part made me think that it was a cutscene on the disasters and dungeons, which is something that I think is only explained via text in the original games, but then the focus changed to Kangaskhan and... did they give her a backstory?

The first part made me think that it was a cutscene on the disasters and dungeons, which is something that I think is only explained via text in the original games, but then the focus changed to Kangaskhan and... did they give her a backstory?
They actually did something like this with Super Mystery Dungeon back in the day too:

Basically, it's kinda like a cutscene that doesn't exist in the actual game and was only created to provide some backstory for the game's world and characters.

According to a YouTube comment I saw, that trailer has the player character and partner wondering how mystery dungeons are formed and go to ask Whiscash about it. Whiscash explains that they're formed during natural disasters. Then the player and partner wonder what's the deal with the Kangaskhan Rocks, and Whiscash turns the explanation into a spooky story of a Kangaskhan who died in the dungeon. And then Kangaskhan shows up and gives them a little scare. Something along those lines, at least.

According to a YouTube comment I saw, that trailer has the player character and partner wondering how mystery dungeons are formed and go to ask Whiscash about it. Whiscash explains that they're formed during natural disasters. Then the player and partner wonder what's the deal with the Kangaskhan Rocks, and Whiscash turns the explanation into a spooky story of a Kangaskhan who died in the dungeon. And then Kangaskhan shows up and gives them a little scare. Something along those lines, at least.
Well, got the first part right (which I believe happened in the normal game anyway), but the second part was close enough? I feel this will end up in the PMD Epileptic Tree section at TV Tropes.

Well, got the first part right (which I believe happened in the normal game anyway), but the second part was close enough? I feel this will end up in the PMD Epileptic Tree section at TV Tropes.
I'm really looking forward to an accurate translation of that trailer, because it could actually explain why Kangaskhan Rocks can be found all over the MD world.

I'm really excited for this game, the past few years have been pretty lucky because I've called a few releases. I had called Kanto remakes on the Switch when not many did and I had called a Mystery Dungeon remake when nobody else did. I think this follows closely how Gens 3-4 went. We got Kanto remakes after Hoenn games, then Mystery Dungeon games, then Sinnoh games. I'm noticing a trend here. ORAS, LGPE, and PMD DX are, in order, how we got the last versions of those games (if you consider FRLG the Kanto games preceding LGPE). I think Sinnoh remakes will be 2021, that's why they're doing DLC for SwSh instead of a third game or whatever else. Between DLC and PMD DX, we're getting enough content to hold us off for a year, maybe even two. I could see Sinnoh remakes being a very late 2021 release, definitely fourth-quarter. DX is a dream come true for me, I loved the original PMD games but the originals are very outdated and hard to look at at times. When this dropped with a same day demo I was ecstatic! I've heard that Gen 4 evolutions are in the game so I'm gonna roll with playing as an Eevee and hopefully evolving to a Glaceon, with a partner Torchic, Mudkip, or Charmander under the name of "Team Glacier", which is also my fake evil team name lol, my secret base in ORAS was named the same.

My irl friend is HYPED, he says PMD Red and Blue are his all-time favorite Pokemon games, he spent hundreds of hours completing them. He just got a Switch to get Sword as well so he said DX is going to be a for sure purchase, I look forward to playing this on release day, I already have it pre-downloaded.

GameExplain got to play some more of the game. Here's their video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT98sUGmjJU

I get that they picked them because they're bigger Pokemon Youtubers, but I wish they would have chosen someone more familiar to the Mystery Dungeon series becuase there are a few places where they make some errors. Like they mention that in the original RBRT you could have a team of 6 in a dungeon, but you were usually limited to 4. It was actually based on the Pokemon in your party and you couldn't have more than 4 stars in the team. They also get some info about Team Meanies wrong. Yeah it's minor, but still.

Anyway, I like that a lot of the elements from other games like Super will be here, like wands. I'm not sure how I feel about this idea of recruiting Pokemon without their friend area and then having to buy it later. I mean, that sounds helpful in one way, but annoying if you lose a Pokemon after the dungeon is over because you couldn't buy enough camps. But I suppose it is nice that you can buy camps within a dungeon.

Last edited:
I hope they won't use the hand drawn backgrounds if they ever remake PMD2. The snowy area is too cutesy, it doesn't feel like the protagonists are fugitives at all or fighting to survive.

The animation could also be better. I watched an interesting video on YouTube about Eevee's "skeleton" and it's even more simple than the Sword and Shield "skeleton". Why couldn't they just reuse the old one? I think this is bad because we spend so much time looking at the protagonists moving around. I also miss Skitty's old idle animation when it meows.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom