• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

I like the idea of having cutscenes with the partner and player but I guess they will have to draw a lot of stuff then since there are so many combinations. It will be fun to watch my Skitty and Cubone interact since I like the contrast between creepy/sad and cute/cheerful.

I hope that Gengar and Gardevoir get some good cutscenes. I feel like their story is more emotional since there were more severe consequences to Gengar's actions even if he gets a chance to redeem himself.

The sad stuff falls flat in the PMD1 post-game since the player comes back so quickly and everything else is basically fine aside from the Gengar/Gardevoir stuff. Compare this to PMD2 where things are still intense in the post-game.

I would argue that the fugitive stuff was actually more emotional than the ending so maybe that is where they should focus on the emotional cutscenes instead.

Last edited:
The sad stuff falls flat in the PMD1 post-game since the player comes back so quickly and everything else is basically fine aside from the Gengar/Gardevoir stuff. Compare this to PMD2 were things are still intense in the post-game.
Or to Super and even Gates, where you have to actively work to get the other team member back during the post-game.

Game's out!

So I've been playing for a short while, and I'm not sure what to think about one particular change.

Generic A attack has been replaced with Struggle, and you start with four moves. This probably means a lot more PP management is going to be a thing in the later dungeons, but as of now, I get the feeling it was meant more as a dumbing down of the original game's combat.

You can switch your leader between you and your partner, which I guess is pretty cool?

Hopefully I'll like some of the new stuff they've added once I get there :whistle:

You can switch your leader between you and your partner, which I guess is pretty cool?
I guess this can be useful if you know that you're going to do better controlling your partner during a boss fight or to prevent artificial stupidity. Also, yay for not having to wait till the post-game to do this!

My copy just came in the mail today! While I'm sad they got rid of the Friend Areas, I like that they made every area available straight up instead of holding a bunch of them until the post game. They also reuse the old sprites for when you go to said areas as part of a menu. It's kinda cute, actually!

I'm loving some of the QoL changes, like being able to set up your teams and items right before you leave on an exploration.

I want to say they've dumbed some things down, but my team was nearly obliterated in Oddity Cave, so it seems they've made up for it in other aspects. Seeing4-tile large Pokemon spooked me the first time I saw one.

Also, does anyone know if Diglett tunnel in front of the base that leads to the Pelipper office there in the original games, or is it a new addition? I never noticed it if it was :l

I also met a starving Trapinch on Mt Steel, and he joined me when I gave him an apple. It was super cute

Also, does anyone know if Diglett tunnel in front of the base that leads to the Pelipper office there in the original games, or is it a new addition? I never noticed it if it was :l
I think that's new since you had to go through the town center to go the Pelipper Post Office in the original game.

Okay, I'm giving the remake massive points for one thing: Oddity Cave. Why? IT LETS YOU BEFRIEND PIDGEY AND PONYTA WHO WERE HARD AS SHIT TO BEFRIEND IN THE ORIGINAL GAME!!! In the original, there was only one place you could even hope to befriend a Pidgey in, and even then, it wasn't guaranteed and only on a few select floors! Plus, Ponyta was shafted into Joyous Tower and we all know the 99 floor dungeons that reduce your level are terrible.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom