• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: DX

I really like the Oddity Cave music. Long before Gates to Infinity was announced, I hoped that the next PMD game would have a medley of music from Explorers, like the Blizzard Island Rescue Team Medley. Then Gates to Infinity didn't, and I was disappointed, but then IT got a medley.

Man, DX is surprisingly much more difficult than I thought. Every time I go into a later dungeon, I'm always on the verge of dying, even with loads of reviver seeds. Either the enemies' damage output got way higher, or my character just as weak defense.

Man, DX is surprisingly much more difficult than I thought. Every time I go into a later dungeon, I'm always on the verge of dying, even with loads of reviver seeds. Either the enemies' damage output got way higher, or my character just as weak defense.
You also have to take into account the updated movesets. It was until Gen IV that some types actually got useful moves, and the physical/special split makes things more difficult.

Yeah it is.

I wonder when someone's gonna make a Wondermail Generator website for this game? Every other PMD game has one. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone does so.

So I have two of my party members with Squad Up, and every time I go into dungeons, I usually have parties of 6-7 with me when I leave them. It's wild. Too bad I never have the camps to actually keep all of them.

Ugh. I got my butt whipped in the Stormy Sea, and I'm four floors away from getting to Kyogre! I don't want to waste time going through dungeons trying to find a bunch of reviver seeds, and all of my Pokemon probably aren't even strong enough to get through the Stormy Sea anyway.

Ugh. I got my butt whipped in the Stormy Sea, and I'm four floors away from getting to Kyogre! I don't want to waste time going through dungeons trying to find a bunch of reviver seeds, and all of my Pokemon probably aren't even strong enough to get through the Stormy Sea anyway.
Are you going in with a team of Grass and Electric types? Might be a good idea.

Didn't they remove that feature from GtI onwards? Or did I not do enough research?

I don't mean generating wonder mails in-game. I mean actual websites a person created solely for the purpose of creating your own wonder mail you can make use of in games such as this and Explorers. I found those to be super useful, especially when it came to getting certain items I wanted (Like a Friend Bow) and recruiting certain Pokemon as friends.

I've definitely noticed that the difficulty has gotten greater, or like someone mentioned above it's because of the updated movesets since Gen III and the physical/special split.

I haven't had much time to play since getting it on Friday but I managed to defeat Moltres & Ariticuno last night, barely, I used pretty much every reviver seed and had to take some totter seeds to confuse them for a bit to not get moves in. I wanna say that it's probably because I chose Treecko as my character and it's weak to all 3 legendary birds but I managed to get through it.

Genuinely dreading the later dungeons with more floors now, don't even think I completed the original Blue Rescue team fully in that respect.

I am not looking froward to Zapdos since I am doing a challenge where I can only use the Starter, Partner, Magnemite, and Absol. Also, I cannot use Revivor Seeds or the tiny version.

Last edited:
With everything going on I've barely had time to check up on this game. Hearing that DX is harder than BRRT has me terrified. The originals were already on the tougher side, especially later dungeons. If this is as hard as Super, oh boy this'll surely be an experience :LOL:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom