• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky DX

When will we get a Explorers of Sky DX?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StandbyForBattle

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I know it's way too soon to tell, If Spike Chunsoft decide to remake Explorers of Sky, and they haven't released Rescue Team DX yet, but I think everybody topic on they're favorite mystery dungeon game, that is Explorers of Sky, because Sky has more content, Special Episodes, more dungeon to explore, a Deep plot Twist in Post-story, etc. Time was my first game to play, but Sky is a lot better (Update version of Explorers of Time and Darkness). Instead of having a completely new mystery dungeon game, Spike Chunsoft decided remake old favorite ones, If they decided remake old games (Like GF remake old pokemon games, fans are expecting DP remakes), I wonder if they remake Explorers of Sky, If so, when do we expect it?

Also I bet fans are concern about the future of Mystery Dungeon games, Since our last game was Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon in 2015, where it claim to be "a culmination of all the previous games before it, which leaves the question as to where they can possibly go from here". Since Spike Chunsoft may decided to remake old mystery dungeon games, what's the future of Pokemon mystery Dungeon? Do we want new ones with new story, Gimmick (Z-moves, Ultra Beasts, Dynamax/Gigantamax)?

what's the future of Pokemon mystery Dungeon
I think it depends on how well this remake does. If it does poorly, then I figure there will be low chances of another PMD remake, or any PMD game for that matter, being made in the future. On the other hand, if it sells well, then I think there's a high chance that not only will we see more PMD in the future, Explorers, most likely Sky, will be remade.

Aside from the added content in EoS, I would also prefer for them to remake it thanks to how bitter I after being screwed by Celebi.
To those that don't know, you could only get Celebi in Darkness or Mewtwo in Time by downloading a mission from Wi-Fi.]

I think it depends on how well this remake does. If it does poorly, then I figure there will be low chances of another PMD remake, or any PMD game for that matter, being made in the future. On the other hand, if it sells well, then I think there's a high chance that not only will we see more PMD in the future, Explorers, most likely Sky, will be remade.
Now I'm scared, on one hand, it could end up like Crash N. Sane Trilogy or Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy and open the gates to more entries, on the other hand, it could also end like the Bowser's Inside Story remake and end up killing the spin-off for good.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think that Spike Chunsoft should work on a Pokemon adventure game. I am not at all convinced that they have new ideas for Mystery Dungeon, and the visuals of the upcoming remake are pretty underwhelming.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think that Spike Chunsoft should work on a Pokemon adventure game. I am not at all convinced that they have new ideas for Mystery Dungeon, and the visuals of the upcoming remake are pretty underwhelming.
I'd certainly be interested in seeing what they'd do with a non-MD Pokémon game.
Edit: That said I am interested in seeing what Rescue DX adds to the game.

I'm not really concerned about this failing. It's a remake of the original Red/Blue rescue team, returning to the roots of the PMD series. If this can't find success, then any interation of PMD would have failed and the outcome was unavoidable. But I think Rescue Team DX should be fine. It brings back the job request format and has the honor of being the first Pokémon game to be released post-Sword and Shield, which broke several records of it's own.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom