• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ghosts of the Past [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GastlyGibus

World's worst critic
Reaction score
“Catch that little bastard!”

Voices called out amongst the trees, as a small Sableye darted off through the foilage. Leaves crackled and crumbled under his feet, dashing effortlessly through the trees and zig-zagging through to throw off his pursuers. He turned his head, seeing that his followers were out of sight. With a turn and a leap, the Sableye dove into the bushes nearby, pressing himself down to the ground and peering out as several pokémon ran past him.

A Scrafty followed close behind those running, stopping momentarily and causing the Sableye to hold his breath. The fighting type turned her head frantically, her hands clenched into fists, silently swearing to herself. After a moment, she followed after her companions, leaving their target free.

Once the coast was clear, the Sableye let out a sigh of relief, picking himself up from the ground and looking down at his hand. In his grasp he held a small emerald, ornately carved into a cube with rounded edges. Truthfully, due to his species, it looked delicious. He began to drool slightly, before shaking his head clear of those thoughts.

“No no! Master says jewel important! Pretty, important jewel!” the Sableye said to himself in a raspy, high-pitched voice. “Pretty jewel for master. Sheelo do good for master!”

Sheelo congratulated himself on a job well-done, before darting off into the woods, laughing quietly as he left.

***​

“Relax… relax… it’ll be fine… you can do this! … oh, who am I kidding? I can’t do this!”

It was morning, just outside the town of Independence, at the Guild Headquarters. Matthew, an obviously stressed young Scraggy, stood just outside the entrance. The Guild had yet to open, and he was hoping to have his potential team gathered and ready to register. He was the new leader of his own exploration team, after all. The only thing missing was an actual team.

He had put posters up around town, advertising a new exploration team for rookies. Heck, he was a rookie himself, with very little experience actually being in a team, let alone leading one. Some though it was a tad ambitious, and maybe even a little crazy. However, due to recent events with his last team, it was either this or wait around for someone else to start recruiting. Independence was experiencing a boom in activity, but the formation of a new team wasn’t exactly common-place yet.

So here Matthew stood, pacing back and forth in front of the Guild entrance. The large tent was built to resemble the shell of a Shuckle, which led to an underground facility full of amenities for the Guild members. The Scraggy waited nervously; did anybody get his fliers, and if they did, would they be good teammates?

@Plumbum, @Flannery, @Midorikawa, @White Raven, @Yun

(OOC: As mentioned, Matthew has spread fliers and advertisements throughout the city of Independence for a new team forming, to meet at the front of the Guild headquarters. So you can have your character getting there, heading there, or maybe they just now noticed the fliers. Whatever you wish.)

Last edited:
The Zorua walked up to the Guild with purpose. She was known to them, so she didn't particularly draw attention to herself. Her mind idly ticked over. This wasn't her first team, and it wasn't going to be her last either.

The flyer she carried in her mouth had told them to meet in front of the Guild, but all she could see with a nervous Scraggy pacing up and down. Some leader. Not even showing up before the crew does. She walked right up to the 'mon and dropped the flyer at his feet. "You." she stated with purpose. Now wasn't quite the time for her mischief. "Tell me where I find Matthew."

Naga had one of the fliers in his hand, walking toward the location briskly. His mother, a large Salamence, was walking next to him.

"You're doing the right thing," she said.

"I know," his reply was curt, his expression serious.

She had a small smirk on her face before stopping. "Takin' you as far as here."

Last edited:
Lately, Raven had been wandering around the various towns, drifting about with no set destination. Though blind, she heard the commotion of a new rescue team forming. "What could possibly go wrong?" The Deino muttered to herself, starting towards the guild. She sensed the presence of a few other bodies, and decided to ask a question to whichever one would answer.

"Is this where the new Rescue Team is forming?"

Raptor wandered around the strange new place, flinching as his wing lightly hit something. It must have been hit by the rocks in the Avalanche. Well no point in worrying about it. It was the same as always: be careful not to hit it anymore and it will heal. He was used to it being that he loved exploring. Of course he should have probably been looking for a way home already, but meh. It was a new adventure for him and he didn't see why he should fret over the separation.

And ignoring that, this new place was amazing. He didn't see any familiar species or plants. It was an entirely different world. And to think it had been right rhrough a tunnel this whole time. He was also in awe by the strange wooden rocks. He didn't know that trees and rocks could have children together. Amazing. He was unbothered by the stares that others were giving him. He also should have been watching where he was going because he ended up walking right into some yellow pokemon with saggy skin. Must be molting.

Matthew jumped slightly as the Zorua addressed him. "Ah!" He laughed nervously, before turning towards her. "Um, well, that'd be me- oof!"

Before he could even finish, the Scraggy nearly fell over when Raptor bumped into him. He eyed the Archen up and down; he definitely hadn't seen anything like that before. "Um... hello?"

When Raven appeared asking about the rescue team, Matthew gave a sheepish smile. "O-oh! Yes, yes, that'd be right here! Matthew's the name! I... I assume you got my flier?"

"Not necessarily. I heard about it, though." Raven responded. She, being blind, wouldn't have been able to get a flier. Heck, she wouldn't be able to read it.

The group inside already seemed to be forming up, so Naga assumed that's where they would be. He waited for a second before making his way over to them. "Uh, got your flier..." They seemed friendly enough, though the Archen seemed kind of hyperactive. And not the good kind, either.

"Oh, well, hearing about it is just as good, heh..." Matthew said to Raven, giving an awkward laugh and rubbing the back of his head. "I... um, I assume you were, ah, interested?"

Matthew then noticed the Bagon approaching, waving to greet him. "Ah, splendid! O-of course!" The Scraggy seemed to be tripping over his words. He looked at Raptor, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "H-hi... are you... uh... here to join, too?"

"Wouldn't be standing here if I wasn't," the Deino deadpanned.

The Scyther was running late. Well flying late would be the more operative term, but it wasn't really surprising. He had never really been the on-time type. But he had seen the flyers and he was always up for a good scrap. Joining a new guild would definitely fill that need. He quickly found the group when he was looking for. "Which one of y'all is Matthew?" He asked, holding up the flyer. "Name's Ryu and I'm game for your guild." He gave as an explanation.

Raven turned to the Archen, "Rescue Team. You know, Pokemon that help others when they're in trouble."

Matthew waved at the Scyther, a silly grin on his face. "Oh! Matthew! That'd be me!" He extended a hand to the Scyther, before realizing a hand-shake would not be the best idea. "I, ah... you're here for the exploration team too?"

He then turned to Raptor, seeing the bird's almost childlike mannerisms. "Well, it's an exploration team, so... uh, exploring is part of the job."

Zoe eyed up the Scraggy. He wasn't confident, that much was clear... Easy target maybe? Either way, she had some concerns about following him around, but she was sure he'd also be the only one who didn't already know who she was right now. "Yes, I've already been exploring plenty. It's lots of fun... if you know what you're doing. Because if you don't... well, that can just be dangerous..."

She didn't seem to linger on the point for too long, sitting pridefully whilst she waited for whoever else might turn up to arrive.

"You were wrong. Explorer team, not rescue," he told Raven, not understanding that they were the same thing. "I want to join," he told Matthew. "Oh! Mama said I should always introduce myself. I'm Raptor," he chirped cheerfully.

Zoe none-too-subtly scoffed at Raptor. "Your who told you? I'm sorry, you're trying to join an exploration team and you needed advice from your mommy?" Oh, this was going to be fun. So many easy targets around here...

"Damn, you're an annoying runt," Naga muttered in Zoe's direction. He wasn't aware if she could actually hear the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom