• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in Generation 7 Discussion

What pokemon mystery dungeon game would be like to you?

• Be like Gates to Infinity

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Be like Red/Blue rescue team

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Be like Explorers of Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon put together

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Be like Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Will it have it own thing for Gen 7

• they'll be no Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for Gen 7

• Total voters

StandbyForBattle

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
There's no telling if we're getting a pokemon main series game for nintendo switch, either we might wait till gen 8 or if there are going to test it out on either main series or spin-off (example Mystery dungeon and pokken tournament). The reason I brought it up, because I'm thinking about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for Nintendo Switch, I'm still wrapping my mind on Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon in 2015, I don't know if it's the final game for mystery dungeon or they'll keep doing mystery dungeon, because they just celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to make the game better. We'll likely to get a spin off game in gen 7, it could be a mystery dungeon or it could be something else. Also Thomster-97 from reddit.com says
"With the trailer of the new Nintendo Switch and the confirmation that Spike chunsoft is one of the third party developers working on switch titles, the dreamer of me hopes it is a new pmd game. So taking into account qhat we know of the Nintendo switch, and the fan dreams we have for this franchise what do you guys want to see in the next game in the series"? So either we might get a mystery dungeon game for switch, but maybe it's either this year or next year in 2018, so just in case of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon being on nintendo switch or 3ds, what will the next mystery dungeon game will be like?

I don't see one happening in Gen 7. Rather in Gen 8 when they are more familiar with how the Switch works and can deliver an excellent Mystery Dungeon game.

I don't see one happening in Gen 7. Rather in Gen 8 when they are more familiar with how the Switch works and can deliver an excellent Mystery Dungeon game.
It could still be on 3ds or if they come up with an idea for the game for switch, they started with mystery dungeon in Gen 3
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team - Gen 3 - 2005
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorer of Time/Darkness - Gen 4 - 2007
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky - Gen 4 - 2009
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gate to Infinity - Gen 5 - 2012
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - Gen 6 - 2015
So we'll likely to see Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in Gen 7 either on 3ds or switch

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is normally the 'last game' in gen, it's almost used to introduce the next gen's features before it appears the year after, or in quite a few months time the same year. So if Pokemon really is moving onto the switch, the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game should be on the Switch.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is normally the 'last game' in gen, it's almost used to introduce the next gen's features before it appears the year after, or in quite a few months time the same year. So if Pokemon really is moving onto the switch, the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game should be on the Switch.
I wouldn't consider Pokemon Mystery Dungeon being the "last game", Super Mystery Dungeon is a good game and it was a good opportunity to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I wouldn't consider it being the last game. If they decide to a Mystery Dungeon game for Switch it probably be this year or next year

I wouldn't consider Pokemon Mystery Dungeon being the "last game", Super Mystery Dungeon is a good game and it was a good opportunity to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but I wouldn't consider it being the last game. If they decide to a Mystery Dungeon game for Switch it probably be this year or next year
I meant 'last game' as 'last game of the gen'. It was a good game, it's mentioning when it was released in the line-up of all the games from Gen 6.

I meant 'last game' as 'last game of the gen'. It was a good game, it's mentioning when it was released in the line-up of all the games from Gen 6.
Well do you think it'll be released this year or next year, if so would it be on switch or 3ds

Well do you think it'll be released this year or next year, if so would it be on switch or 3ds
On the Switch in 2019.
If the Stars rumors are confirmed to be 100% true then I might change my mind, but it's unlikely.

2018 seems to be most likely, considering the patterns of releases. I'd rather them wait, though, I don't want an incomplete-feeling one a la Gates to Infinity.

I am thinking 2019. It'll possibly be the first year of Gen 8, but the new game will still be apart of Gen 7. By then, they'll also have a better understanding of the Switch.

But I'd rather want a new Ranger game than Mystery Dungeon. We haven't had one in ages.

But I'd rather want a new Ranger game than Mystery Dungeon. We haven't had one in ages.

^ This though.

Even though there seems to be a new PMD game every two years, the last one feels way too recent to get a new one already. I'd prefer they wait a little longer, 2019 seems like a good time yeah. And it should definitely be on the Switch, we've already gotten two on the 3DS and don't think there's much to improve on that handheld anymore. On to the Switch it should go.

I agree with the consensus, it'll be a Switch game sometime in 2018-2019 to give it enough distance from Super.

I don't think we're getting another one. Guardian Signs didn't sell well, and it doesn't really differentiate itself from the main games a whole lot (I mean really, it's pretty much HM Slave: The Game). They probably don't feel like it's worth the investment anymore.

What I'd really like is something more like Pokepark 2, but that seems to have sold even worse.

The whole purpose of the thread is to speculate on what type of pokemon mystery dungeon you want to happen, we're not talking about when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon will be release, yes it could happen in 2018-2019, but we're discussing the speculation, prediction, wishlist, etc. We're not suppose to discuss the details of nintendo switch, pokemon stars, etc. you could discuss the sale rate of pokemon mystery dungeon from the past year. Just discuss the speculation on PMD, for example, I want the next PMD game to be like PMD explorers of sky and Super mystery dungeon put together. Just come up with some ideas of the next PMD game be like.
Talking about when the game will release, is speculation and also prediction. So it can be discussed.

I'd rather we go back to like Time etc, Super was too short and I didn't like the rectuitement system or forcing you to be unable to use certain Pokemon. Plus gen 4 had the best stories

A new trademark has been registered by GF, called PokeDaring/PokeDulling. I've already talked about this in the Stars speculation thread, but what could this new game be? I thought it may somehow be a codename for the rumored Stars, but it's also possible it's a side game. My other speculation was Colosseum/XD but it may also be Mystery Dungeon too. The name is really ambiguous.

The whole purpose of the thread is to speculate on what type of pokemon mystery dungeon you want to happen, we're not talking about when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon will be release, yes it could happen in 2018-2019, but we're discussing the speculation, prediction, wishlist, etc. We're not suppose to discuss the details of nintendo switch, pokemon stars, etc. you could discuss the sale rate of pokemon mystery dungeon from the past year. Just discuss the speculation on PMD, for example, I want the next PMD game to be like PMD explorers of sky and Super mystery dungeon put together. Just come up with some ideas of the next PMD game be like.

If you didn't want that to happen, you shouldn't have made one of your poll options "they'll be no Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for Gen 7" ;) People discuss what they chose in the poll, and multiple people chose that.

Gen VII is nearly over, but not the anime yet. I'm still expecting a PMD on Switch before this Gen is over, Do you think we'll get PMD on Switch this Gen or in Gen VIII?

That depends on Game Freak.

But honestly, I think Chunsoft should work on a different kind of Pokemon game. They're good storytellers (see their visual novels), but the dungeon gameplay isn't exactly popular. I'd like to play as a Pokemon in the regular world for once.

That depends on Game Freak.

But honestly, I think Chunsoft should work on a different kind of Pokemon game. They're good storytellers (see their visual novels), but the dungeon gameplay isn't exactly popular.
PMD is a popular spin-off game, plus we did have Pokken Tournament DX on Switch. Also Tsunekazu Ishihara did mention about Pokken Tournament and Mystery Dungeon would be a good fit for Switch, "Spin-offs such as Pokken Tournament and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon also exists, and these kind of games are being considered for release in turn based on how well they match up with system."

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom