• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Legends Unraveled (Epilogue Posted, Story Concluded) (TEEN)

Chapter 49

Arianne and Laryon tried their best not to grimace as she sat in front of a table full of seafood. Ranging from roast Remoraid to Mantyke sushi, the entire affair was created by Seru and his son, Derin, to show their thanks. It was all arranged in piles of morsels designed to be tossed into one's mouth one-by-one with no cutting involved.

They all sat cross-legged at the table, Dente simply sitting due to his age. Other Samurott Clan Pokemon began eating their own lunch with their own families, eating the same diet with some variances depending on the species. Out in the ocean, other Water Pokemon caught underwater Pokemon with nets, getting them ready for their meal.

Seru gently lifted bits of food to his plate, saying, "Forgive me for my actions earlier. I am charged with protecting my clan from outsiders, in particular those of other elements." Theus saw the whole affair as a feast, unlike Arianne and Laryon, and began picking up morsels just as Seru did.

He popped a piece of Magikarp into his mouth, relishing the refreshingly sweet flavor. "It's all fine. Its not the first time I've had something pointy to my throat. Although, those previous times weren't so easily resolved..." Seru laughed in a deep booming tone.

"Indeed Lucario. I act in the best interests of my clan, which often include preventing other Pokemon from entering." He replied. His face turned more solemn as he said, "Most of the Pokemon I have here wish to travel the oceans and the coasts, away from civilization. I'm sure you are aware of the Guilds and their work banishing these Outlaws." Derin and Dente began to stack food onto their plates once their father finished, showing respect.

Theus quickly motioned for Arianne and Laryon to eat, then said, "Why yes, I am quite familiar with the Guilds and the Outlaws. What about them?" Seru ate a piece of Remoraid, closing his eyes.

"As of late Outlaws have been growing in numbers. I've heard from other Water Pokemon that travel the seas that the Guildmasters are being eliminated, in their own Guilds no less." He stated. Theus grew more concerned, leaning on the table.

"How...recently has this happened?" He asked nervously. Seru shrugged, picking up another bite.

"I don't keep up to date on these matters. All I know is that Guildmasters throughout Equivos have been taken out, and on their home continents the Guilds seem to have just disappeared. More Outlaws have been showing up, and more towns and villages grow concerned without the protection of the Guilds and their Guildmasters." He replied, eating a bite of Octillery.

Laryon thought of the implications this would involve. The Guildmasters acted as the lawmakers for Equivos, after Theus founded the Guilds. Without their leadership, and the might of their Guilds, more Pokemon would deny their laws, becoming Outlaws, without punishment.

It meant a worse fate as well. Without the Guilds, they may not be able to find the Cocoon of Destruction before Arthus does. They didn't know how fortified Fort Ervine was, or if they'd be able to fight Arthus in time. They had no one to tell them anything about Project Empowerment or what it had to fight with.

Laryon cautiously ate a piece of Remoraid, finding that it wasn't horrible. He continued eating, feeling famished from the trek. He then said, "Are there any Guildmasters left?"

Seru thought, twisting his moustache. He returned to his meal, saying, "I heard from passing birds that Guildmasters Dragonite and Delphox are gone; messages were sent from their Guilds, saying that they had disappeared. They were sent to the other Guilds, and the messenger birds are big gossipers." He thought more, then said, "There has been little word from Wayfare and Deity continents involving Guild activity, but there has been plenty from Harmony. Guildmaster Electivire appears to be calling his Guild together, getting ready for some sort of journey. Most likely, Wayfare and Deity have had their Guildmasters, Ludicolo and Metagross, eliminated, and their Guilds have gone inactive."

Theus suddenly stood up and marched out of the tent, taking a handful of fish with him on the way out.

Seru looked curiously to the exit of the tent, saying, "What is wrong? Did he eat a bad piece of fish?" Arianne shook her head, taking a piece of Magikarp.

"No, he just...feels very strongly about the Guilds. He had a part in getting them together." She said, cautious with her words. She turned to Laryon and said, "Why don't you go talk to him?" He nodded, going out of the tent after.

Seru rubbed his chin, curious. "So...what business do you have with...Theus and Laryon?" He asked, remembering their names.

~~~~

Theus sat on the beach, eating his fish, looking out to the ocean. His face looked discouraged as he ate, chewing the meat slowly and swallowing barely. Laryon came out of the tent, seeing Theus the way he was.

Theus said, "My friends." He took a bite. "My comrades." He took another. "All of them, being struck down by who once was my greatest companion:" He took one last bite, swallowing. "Arthus."

Laryon sat next to him, looking out to the vast ocean. "Maybe...they just went into hiding?" He suggested. Theus snorted, tossing away the remaining fish.

"Arthus doesn't give up that easily. From the time he discovered that prophecy, he wanted to take control of all the Guilds, and control them, like little puppets. The first time he just blackmailed the Guildmasters, and used the power of Lucario Guild to enact new regulations." He looked down, drawing in the sand. "This time, he simply took the head from body, replacing it with one of his own."

Laryon thought back to what Nix said about Barty Grovyle, remembering that Dragonite Guild wasn't what it was. He said to Theus, "Wasn't Barty the assistant to Dragonite? He turned into the Guildmaster after her." Theus looked up, remembering.

"Barty was a scrappy young Treecko when we formed the Guilds. He wanted to be a Guildmaster when he grew up, and he grew close to Dragonite. Apparently, he got his wish, with Project Empowerment behind his back." He sighed. He stood up, pacing.

He exclaimed, "With the Guildmasters gone, we can't just comb the region for the Cocoon! We can't fight Project Empowerment! We have no idea what's waiting for us at Fort Ervine! We can't win!" He fell to the sand in exhaustion and irritation, groaning.

Laryon stood up, peeved. "What about Electivire? He's getting ready to go to Deity, just like us!" Theus looked up, cynical.

Standing up again, he said, "Sure, sure, Aram's alive. He's a tough Pokemon, one that I'd trust to survive anything. But he only has jurisdiction in Harmony! We don't know if he's even alive anymore!" He slapped his forehead, remembering and saying, "If we survive, the next thing I'm going to make is a reliable communication system! News travels too slow around the region!"

Laryon's eyes widened as a purple head winked into existence, a golden ring surrounding it. He pointed at it with shaking fingers, and Theus turned, his face drooping.

"Oh great..." He muttered. The head giggled, pushing itself from the ring.

"Matheus, buddy, it’s great to see you again!" The tiny Pokemon said. It floated around Theus and hung an arm around his neck. Theus groaned.

He replied, "Hello Hoopa, it's great to see you too..." Laryon jumped up in excitement, recognizing the name.

"Hoopa? The Hoopa? The Pokemon who defeated Legends and Myths ten times over?" He exclaimed ecstatically.

Hoopa shook a hand at him, closing his eyes. "No no no, that was my Unbound self." His face turned serious, and he floated away at Theus, pointing an accusing finger. "You made sure to keep my bottle safe, right?" Theus nodded, irritated.

"Yes, yes I did. I put it in safekeeping somewhere. Now what do you want?" Theus asked hurriedly. Hoopa leaned back in the air, smiling.

"Remember that time you beat me?" He asked. Theus nodded, ignoring Laryon's cry of excitement.

"You beat Hoopa?" He asked. Hoopa nodded.

"Indeed he did. I promised him two things: favors. Like what Mewtwo did for you, I will help you out with information, if you need it. I'm a djinn in a bottle you know." He replied. He popped out of the air, then reappeared behind Theus.

"I can get around places that you can't get to. I remember you saying something in the past that you wanted to have a quick way to communicate with your fellow Guildmasters, or others if needed. I can provide that service with my loopholes." He continued. He sent a ring into the air, the inside radiating light-purple energy.

Laryon approached the ring, saying, "So we can see stuff from far away with this?" Hoopa nodded, floating behind the ring.

"Indeed you can! Just tell me what you want to know. Ah, but hold on!" He poofed once more, reappearing in front of Theus.

"I don't want to give valuable news so easily; these rings expend my power quite easily, so I will only allow you to ask three questions." Hoopa added. Theus stepped away from Hoopa and approached the ring.

He said suspiciously, "It's strange that you come right when we need you. How do I know that this isn't some trick?" Hoopa tsked, floating closer to Theus.

He set his hand on his shoulder and said, "Matheus, Matheus, Matheus. I may be a trickster, but when it comes to my life, I don't kid around. Arthus grows closer to finding the Cocoon, and he will find young Laryon there with the Seal, and do this!" He took two rings, setting them on top of another in the air. He stuck his head through one ring, letting it appear through the other, making it seem like he was decapitated.

"Pop goes his head! He'll end the world as we know, and get rid of all of us with it!" He finished. Theus looked up, thinking about the situation, and looked back to Hoopa.

"Alright, first question: Are all the Guildmasters alive?" Theus asked. Hoopa moved behind the ring, and sent one high into the air. It moved across the sky, bending to its masters' will.

Hoopa closed his eyes, saying, "It'll take some time, hold on." The ring he floated behind had an image come forth, and an image of a room appeared, with many Pokemon surrounding a desk.

A Combusken within said, "Larry was such a great Pokemon. Why did that bad Project Empowerment have to take him?" The image disappeared, and after some time, it reappeared, this time in a different room.

A Claydol drooped and said, "Master Metagross has been gone for too long. Looks like Project Empowerment did as they said." The image disappeared once more.

Theus said, "Skip going to Dragonite and Delphox. Thanks to Seru, I think we know their fate." His face was crestfallen as he said this, the words difficult to say.

Hoopa shrugged, and the image went toward another desk, situated in a massive dirt room. On the other side of the desk was an Electivire, gathering materials from what appeared to be a cellar.

A team of Pokemon carried up a covered item, knocking it against the floor. The Electivire fizzled with electricity, saying, "Hey, careful with that bottle! Hoopa didn't keep it in there for nothing you know!" The image faded, bringing back the purple energy.

Hoopa popped in front of Theus and exclaimed, "Safekeeping you say! That electric hothead has it!" Theus shoved him away, growling.

"Aram might be a hothead, but he's a responsible one. It's a wonder the bottle stayed hidden for this long. Either way, at least he's doing fine, and since he's the one who sent the Council of Guild's message, he is surely getting ready to leave." Theus noted. Laryon remained silent, knowing that Theus would ask the right questions.

Hoopa reappeared behind the ring, wearing a smirk. "What is your second question, Matheus?" He replied. Theus grumbled about the name, saying it didn't suit him.

"Where is the Cocoon of Destruction?" He asked. Hoopa eeped, appearing in front of Theus and covering his mouth. There were no Pokemon on the beach.

"Hey careful where you spew!" He cautioned. He then said, "Look, I'd love to show you, but I'll have you know that the last time someone tried that, they ended up nearly dead. I'm sure that info will come soon enough." He floated behind the ring, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Last question. I told you you could ask three questions, and that's how many times you can ask." Laryon stamped his foot in irritation.

"But that's not fair!" He cried. Hoopa held his hands in the air, shaking his head, his rings shaking.

"Sorry, life isn't fair. Try telling that to Arthus and his mates." He leaned on his ring, yawning sarcastically.

Theus grumbled, saying, "Fine. Has Arthus sent anything to come for us?" Hoopa chuckled, showing a new image in his ring.

"See for yourself. Arthus might not have ordered it, but one of his commanders did." He explained. In the ring, they could see a dark blue fin sticking out of the grass, progressing towards a destination.

The fin erupted from the ground, coming to be a Garchomp with many scars along his frame. He roared mightily, stomping toward what appeared to be a beach, the sand flying past him.

Laryon and Theus stood still, fearful. Laryon asked nervously, "H-How long until that guy comes here?" Hoopa laughed, teleporting out of existence, taking his rings with him.

His disembodied voice said, "Just look up the beach. You'll see!" Theus and Laryon did as he said, and saw Roark the Garchomp stomping in the distance, his targets in sight.

"By the Tree of Life..."

Last edited:
I might be able to finish PMDLU for a grand total of 60 chapters, making a short one at the end as an epilogue. This isn't final, mind you, so don't hold me to my word. Here's the 50th chapter, ten chapters from our proposed end.
NOTE: While peer editing, my brother noticed some mistakes made on the first dozen chapters, mainly involving the removal of Dente within them. I'll update them accordingly.

Chapter 50

Laryon rushed into the tent and exclaimed, "There's a Garchomp on the coast coming right toward us!" Seru stood up, his brow furrowed. Arianne turned, concerned, and Derin drew Dente closer.

Seru growled, stomping around the table and exiting the tent. "Don't come out. This is work for a Samurott." He told them. Derin drew his scalchops, ready to protect his brother and Arianne if needed. Laryon followed Seru out of the tent, feeling that he had to see what was going on.

Other Samurott Clan Pokemon exited their tents and returned to the beach, watching the Garchomp grow closer. Wives and children returned to their tents, and the husbands prepared themselves for a fight.

Theus dug his feet into the ground, aura glowing around his paws. Laryon hid behind him, holding his arms out defensively. Theus looked down at him and said, "You should head inside Laryon. We haven't had time to teach you how to fight properly." Laryon shook his head, coming in front of Theus.

"If you want to teach me, then you should let me watch. I can see how you fight; you have to be the best after all." He replied. Theus pointed at the Seal hanging around his neck.

"We don't want that Garchomp finding this. I recognize him, and he's got to be part of Project Empowerment. You know what he'll do to you." Theus warned. Laryon held his paw out, letting Aura flow through it.

"I'll do fine. I can run faster than he can." Laryon replied confidently.

Seru padded forward, seamitars in paw. “That Pokemon does not look friendly.” He turned to Theus and said, “I trust that you are a fighter?” Theus nodded, charging an Aura Sphere and letting it dissipate.

Seru nodded, turning back to the Garchomp. “Very well. Let’s see what he wants.”

The Garchomp slid across the sand, skidding to a stop several feet away from Theus. He snorted, tired out from the running but still able to perform what he must.

He pointed an accusing claw and said, “Matheus, you owe me a duel! For revenge on my brothers and for Project Empowerment!” Theus stood upright, tipping his hat upward.

He replied, “I owe you nothing Roark. You attacked Quantus Village years ago, and in protection of my home I did what I must. Project Empowerment will fall, no matter what.” Roark cackled, pointing at the Seal around Laryon’s neck.

“The only reason you say that is because of the pendant around that Riolu’s neck. Without that in our grasp, you consider yourselves safe!” He snarled, holding his wings out. “I will not fail Arthus in my task.” He charged forward heading for Laryon.

Seru charged forward, rolling him over with the flat of his blades. Roark growled, diving underground and digging toward Laryon.

Theus picked up Laryon and threw him into the air, away from the grasp of the Garchomp. Roark resurfaced, jumping upward to catch him. Theus jumped on top of him, thwacking him across the head with his Bone Rush, using his body as a ramp to reach Laryon once more.

Roark roared, sending a flurry of sand in the air, creating a Sandstorm. Water Pokemon dashed out of the area, not wanting to be buffeted by the fierce shards. Seru stood his ground, blinking and searching for this foe.

Theus covered his eyes, searching for Roark. He heard the stomping of feet behind him, and parried a slashing claw with a Bone Rush.

Roark moved closer to Theus’s face, his rancid breath clearly detectable. Theus cringed and said, “What did you eat, raw meat? I ate some recently, but at least it was fish!” Roark roared, kicking Theus and sending him sprawling to the ground.

He set his foot on top of him, avoiding the spike, saying, “I want that Riolu, but you’ll do as well. Arthus will be pleased to see you gone.” Theus held his paws in the air, grasping for a way out of the situation.

“You forget, I’m Deity Elect! Once I die, I’ll become a Legend!” He lied, Laryon knowing full well the truth. Roark roared with laughter in response.

“You think I believe those tales? While Arthus might think so, I think you’re just a big white lie!” Roark replied. He raised his claw to strike, Theus protecting his face.

He struck down, receiving a sensation different than he expected. He saw the seamitars of the warrior Samurott, seeing the glaring eyes that held them.

“I treat my guests with hospitality, and unlike what you say, you are in the wrong.” Seru exclaimed, pushing away Roark’s claws, lifting him off Theus. The Lucario got up and ran away through the sandstorm, going out to find Laryon.

Roark chuckled maliciously, holding his claws high in the air. “I have defeated many like you. In my days as an Exploration Team Leader, I was king of conquest, going through the Mystery Dungeons with no fear!” Seru remained stone faced, pointing his seamitars at the Garchomp.

“I have slain many beasts of the sea, descending into the depths into the Mystery Dungeons below. I do not fear you.” Roark grinned, holding his claws in the air.

“What benefit do you have fighting me? I am only interested in the Riolu and Lucario. If I take them now, I will not harm your clan.” He asked. Seru swung his seamitar in the air.

“Long ago I had received a fortune from a travelling seer, a Gardevoir. She said that one day I would need to protect he who bears the symbol of Arceus to save our world. Such an individual I have met today.” He replied, the sandstorm dying down.

Roark charged forward, meeting Seru’s blades. They slashed at each other, trying to land a blow on the other Pokemon. Theus spotted Laryon, huddled on the ground to protect his face. He picked him up, bringing him to the safety of the clan.

Seru jumped in the air, leaning back, a watery energy surrounding him. Roark quickly dove back into the ground, surrounding himself in sand, digging away. Seru crossed his blades and used Hydro Pump, pushing the sand on top of Roark away and scoring into his skin.

He landed on the ground, charging toward the soaked Garchomp. Roark snarled, raising his claws. He slashed downward, using Dragon Claw raking across Seru’s body. He responded with an Aqua Jet, charging into Roark. He blew past the Dragon, causing him to collapse to the ground. Roark dug into the ground once more, approaching Seru swiftly.

Seru used Aqua Jet, launching himself into the air. Roark jumped from the ground below Seru, leaping up and using Crunch on his leg. Seru grunted, striking the Roark’s head with his seamitar. Roark let go, falling to the ground.

Roark roared, a giant bloody slash across his face. He dug into the ground once more, digging toward Seru. Seru closed his eyes, lowering his blades, a red energy surrounding him.

Roark jumped up, using Dragon Claw across Seru’s chest. It struck, injuring Seru further. Seru opened his eyes and used Revenge, crisscrossing Roark’s body with vicious blows from his seamitars. Roark fell to the ground, reeling in pain.

Seru fell to the ground, stabbing his seamitars into the sand. Roark heaved a laugh, standing up painfully.

He spat and said, “You think you can win? Your blades are sharp, but my claws are sharper!” He raised his claws into the air, ready to strike Seru. A blazing sphere of blue light shot into Roark, sending him to the ground.

Theus ran forward, holding another Aura Sphere. Seru looked to him and smiled weakly. “Good timing Lucario. Maybe not good enough, however.” He held his body, restraining the flow of blood.

Theus shot another Aura Sphere at Roark, saying, “Head into your tent; Arianne can help you!” Seru nodded, leaving his blades in the sand, and standing up. He walked toward the campsite, limping. Other Water Pokemon saw their leader, and rushed to his aid.

He held his paw up, revealing his injuries, and said, “Bring the Gardevoir to me; she can help me.” A Poliwrath nodded, running toward his leader tent.

Roark grinned, growling. “So, Matheus. You protect the almighty Samurott. What an honorable Pokemon you are.” Theus made a Bone Rush appear in his paws, pointing it toward Roark.

“He’ll live, thanks to me. Why do you serve Arthus? He wants to kill everyone!” Theus inquired. Roark stomped his foot, snarling.

“Do you not know? This world continually fails your purpose! Even with the Guilds, Outlaws still come, ruining the lives of Pokemon! We want to end this vicious cycle, and Arthus will replace these inferior Pokemon with those who can do no wrong!” He exclaimed. Theus shook his head sadly.

“The Guilds help make this world a better place than it was before. You can never be free of evil. Project Empowerment is evil, whether you like it or not.” Roark roared, digging into the ground. Theus sighed, raising his Bone Rush into the air.

“You are so predictable.” He muttered, Roark jumping out of the ground with his jaw outstretched. Theus jabbed the Bone Rush into his mouth, choking him. Roark collapsed to the ground, wheezing.

Theus swung the Bone Rush across his neck, cracking it on his bones. The Garchomp fell still. Up above, a Murkrow shook his head in disappointment, turning toward the ocean. It flew into the distance, fading from view.

Theus breathed deeply, letting his bone dissipate. He stepped toward the seamitars, leaving Roark’s body, and hefted them up. He washed them in the ocean, cleansing them of Roark’s filth, and dragged them to Seru’s tent, where a large crowd of Water Pokemon stood.

He pushed his way through, bringing the seamitars with him. Seru lay on the table, Arianne wrapping bandage around him. The food had been moved to the sides of the tent, sitting uneaten. Dente and Derin looked sadly at their father in his state, as did Laryon.

Seru looked up, seeing Theus. Theus held up the seamitars and said, “I figured that you’d want these.” Seru chuckled, amused.

Theus set them next to him, hearing the hoarse breaths of the Samurott. He set his paw on Seru’s arm and said, “You’re feeling better, right?” He asked. Seru groaned, his bandages soaked crimson.

Arianne hovered her hand over him, a pink light coming from it. She stated, “That Garchomp really got him bad. I think he’ll be fine, but he will certainly never be the same.” Seru coughed, drawing Derin closer.

Seru turned to him and said, “Derin, my oldest son. Please, for your father, take the Chosen to Deedra. We went there on our search for Dente; you know where it is.” Derin shook his head.

“No. I have to stay here with you.” He replied, defiant. Seru leaned upward, against Arianne’s recommendation.

“You will go. If what the Gardevoir said is true, then they need to be there to get to Deity. Take Laryon there, and his companions. I will recover with Hara’s help.” He commanded. An Azumarill came into the tent, concerned.

She came next to Seru and said to Arianne, “My Aqua Ring will help our chief heal. You go now.” Arianne stepped away hesitantly, moving toward Theus.

Theus bowed, Arianne an Laryon following. “We thank you for protecting us Seru.” Theus said. Seru nodded his head.

“Anything for the Chosen of Arceus. The seer years ago told me that I would play a vital role. I dread to know what would have happened if I had not been here. Now leave.” Seru replied. Dente hugged his father’s arm, wishing for him to get well.

Derin stepped away, saddened. He stepped out of the tent, motioning Theus, Arianne and Laryon to follow. They did so, and the other Water Pokemon stepped away, waiting to hear about their chief.

“He will live. Go back to your homes.” Derin said solemnly. The clan Pokemon did as he said, and Derin continued through the camp to the path. His charges followed.

He began walking on the path, saying, “Deedra Town is not too far from here. Once there, find a Pokemon to help you cross the ocean, and go to Deity. Arianne explained these things to us while you talked outside. I wish you well.”

Last edited:
Chapter 51

They continued toward Deedra Town in general silence, making light small talk but not much else. The battle with Roark set the party off balance, the surprise attack bewildering all of them.

Theus had grabbed his staff earlier inside the tent, now using it to propel himself forward. “I’d have thought that Roark would be a harder challenge; he was one of the better Exploration Leaders in his time. He won’t be anything compared to Arthus however.” He received no reply. Theus was going to say something else but figured that he shouldn’t.

They continued along, reaching the town in the late afternoon. Buildings extended across the coast, dwarfing Karyon and Respit in size. All along the beach, there were docks set with ferrying or fishing services. Within the center were various buildings, providing a variety of other services, such as beds and food. On the fringes were many houses, providing homes for the many residents.

Derin halted, turning to Theus. He reached behind him and pulled out a brown sack, setting it in Theus’ paw. “Our clan doesn’t use money very much, but we keep some in case we need to buy things from towns. You can have mine though; without you, my father probably wouldn’t have survived.” Theus nodded gratefully, tucking it in the bag.

“Thank you very much Derin. We’ll probably need it to pay the ferry.” He replied.

“And to buy more supplies.” Laryon noted. Derin turned back toward the direction they came from, travelling back to Samurott Clan.

They all waved to Derin, saying, “Safe journeys!” Derin turned back, waved to them, and returned to walking along it.

Theus began to walk down to the town, as did everyone else. As they approached the outer buildings, Laryon saw that the previous places they had been were nothing compared to Deedra Town. Pokemon were everywhere, taking goods from shops, bringing new ones in from the harbor, and taking new ones from another path.

They saw Pokemon advertising various goods. “Get yer Orbs here! Quality Orbs!”

“Wands! Wands aplenty! Anybody need Wands?”

“Piles of Seeds here, and lots of Berries too!”

Everywhere they went they saw stands with Pokemon behind them advertising, and Pokemon in front of them haggling for the best prices. Coins clattered and clinked as bargains were made and deals were sealed, everyone dealing with each other justly.

They crossed by a large wooden building that had a large circular seal atop it, and a Machoke at the front door, wearing an armband with the same circular seal.

Theus came close to Laryon and said, “That’s the Dragonite Guild outpost. Usually there isn’t a Guild Pokemon up front. Wonder what he’s doing there?” A Buizel began to step up, receiving a menacing frown from the Machoke.

“No one gets entry, Guild rules.” He warned.

The Buizel shifted uncomfortably and said, “My sister hasn’t come back from a Dungeon for hours. Can you please send a team in to find her?” The Machoke shook his head, stepping closer.

“Guild’s undergoing some organizational fixups. Go find a Freelance Explorer if you need help. Now leave, before I force you to.” The Machoke grunted. The Buizel sighed, turning tail and walking in the opposite direction of Theus.

“I guess I’ll have to go in there myself. Freelance Explorers don’t exist these days.” The Buizel sighed. Laryon wanted to say that they’d help, but a warning look from Theus told him otherwise.

“We have to get to Deity as soon as possible; we can’t distract ourselves with such things. I’m sure he’ll be fine.” Theus said. Arianne punched his shoulder, scolding him.

“You heartless soul! Can’t we do one thing?” She exclaimed. Theus held his paws up defensively, not wanting to suffer another blow.

“We’ve got to make it to Deity when Aram does. We don’t have that sort of time, and that’s final!” He continued on, leaving the disheartened Buizel behind. Arianne and Laryon looked at each other, thinking the same thing, and continued to follow Theus.

They continued to the harbor, leaving the shops behind to find a ferry. On the docks, there were many Pokemon, ranging from Golducks to Empoleon to Simipour, all advertising their services. Theus looked for one sign: A yellow one with a Lapras on it.

He found such a sign and went up to the dock, seeing no Lapras. The raft it used for carrying passengers lay tethered next to the decrepit dock, and on the other side was a small building, the foundation floating on top of the water. Next to the building was a sign that said, “Conduct business inside.” Theus approached the building, knocking on the door.

“Come in, come in! The door’s open!” An excited but weary voice said. Theus opened the door, and everyone entered the small wooden house.

Inside the building was split between the dock and the water, divided in half. On the dock side there was a desk, right next to the water, half submerged in water; the rest of the dock was bare. In the water, there was a Lapras, wrinkled with age but still strong. Connected to the wall was a chest, designed with a large handle to be opened with his mouth.

The Lapras grinned happily and said, “Welcome to Victor Lapras’ Ferry Transport! How may I help you?” Theus looked around the sparse building, coming next to the desk.

Theus cleared his throat and said, “Uh, yes, we’re here by the recommendation of a Walrein we saw yesterday. He said-“

“Ah yes, Wallace! He’s always a good soul, recommending others to my humble business. Haven’t had Pokemon ask for my ferry for some time, given the new ‘added features’ the other ferries have.” Victor interrupted, saying ‘added features’ sarcastically, tossing his head. He smiled again and said, “I assume you’d be wanting a ferry to somewhere?”

Laryon stepped up and said, “We’d like to go to Deity Continent.” Victor looked to the young Riolu and laughed.

“To Deity you say? Not too far from here, I’d think. I remember old Wallace saying something about guarding a ferry driven by a Sharpedo to there, carrying a small group of Pokemon wearing black armbands.” Victor mused. Theus drew Arianne and Laryon closer, huddling.

He shook his fist and said, “Arthus is already there, searching for the Cocoon! If that relic would be anywhere, it would be on Deity!” He broke the huddle, smiling good-naturedly.

“Good sir, how much would it cost to get a ferry there?” Theus asked. Victor turned to a map on the wall, muttering to himself.

“Let’s see…distance…weather,” He looked to the window, checking the clouds. “Cargo…” He turned to them and asked, “What sort of luggage would you be packing?” They held up what they had: the sagging sack of supplies and Arianne’s medical bag.

Arianne smiled weakly and said, “We packed light.” Victor nodded cheerily, and returned to the map.

“Let’s see here…all seems to be in order!” He turned back to them and said, “I believe it will cost you 500 coins!” Theus took the sack of coins from his sack and frowned.

He shook them out on the desk, counting them. They were of various sizes and values, ranging from 1, 5, and 10. Theus counted out what was needed, finding that there was roughly 300 left over. He shoved the 500 to Victor and said, “That should be quite alright, yes?” Theus asked. Victor opened the chest next to him, taking out a rag.

He gestured to the coins, setting the rag on the desk, saying, “Would you please scoop them onto the sheet? I’m not able to do that very well…” Theus scooped the remaining coins into his bag, while Laryon did as Victor asked.

He pinched the rag in his mouth, tucking in the corners, and set it in the chest, shutting it after. He turned back to them and said, “I’ll be ready to leave in an hour. I’d suggest you get supplies for the trip; I don’t have the capabilities for much more than the ferry, but at least I’m cheap!” He dove into the water, swimming out of the building and to his dock.

Theus looked at the sack of coins, then back to Laryon and Arianne. “Guess we better go shopping.”

~~~~

An hour later Laryon and company arrived at the Victor’s dock, where Victor floated in front of his raft, hitched for the journey. The bag of supplies was laden with apples and berries, as well as a few other Dungeon items.

Arianne approached the raft with hesitation, saying, “I, uh, haven’t really been on a boat before.” The raft was a tied bundle of logs with a hut in the center, looking like it was designed for river travel. Inside the hut was a set of beds and a table, complete with a PokeBoard set and a chest for keeping supplies, as well as matches, candles and a lantern for the night.

Victor turned to her and said, “I assure you it’s perfectly safe. I had it designed to float on the ocean like a breeze! Its structurally sound, and I had my Timburr friend check it out while you were away.” Laryon stepped bravely aboard the gangplank, as did Theus.

Theus spun on the raft, saying, “Ah, it’s been ages since I’ve been on a raft like this! Reminds me of when I was younger, adventuring all the continents and the dungeons they held!” Victor nodded his head, agreeing.

“I was an adventurer of sorts too when I was young! I was a powerful ferry Pokemon, bringing adventurers to distant islets in the sea. I had to rely on my strong sense of navigation and their directions to find these islands.” He exclaimed.

Arianne took a deep breath, stepping onto the raft. “I hope I don’t get seasick. I won’t be able to treat myself to well if it comes to that.” Laryon pulled up the plank, Theus securing it with the rope coiled on the raft.

Victor shook with laughter, saying, “Missie, you won’t even know we’re on the ocean unless you look around! I move as smooth as the wind!” He began pulling the raft, dragging it across the water.

Arianne quickly stepped closer to the hut, breathing quickly. She went around, opening the door and entering the hut, closing it. Theus and Laryon followed, the final leg of their journey to Deity beginning.

~~~~

Aram stomped into a wooden building, shutting the door. Within there were three rows of eight Pawniard, all lined up. Lanterns hung on the walls, the windows showing the crystal-clear view of the outside. Stairs descended to the galley, the storage room, and the barracks, while the stairs above lead to the navigator’s quarters--the navigator being Aram—and the top of the building.

He shut the door, and shouted out, “Alright everyone, get ready to go!” The Pawniard rushed to the ceiling, tying down ropes—despite their bladed arms—and dragging up an anchor. Pidgeotto flew in from the plateau of the Gigawatt Plains, swooping in and flapping their wings, creating a Tailwind. A Magmar breathed fire into a furnace and brought the great flame alight, inflating a vast sheet.

Over the course of several minutes, Aram felt the room shift slightly. He stomped upstairs and moved past the Pawniard, taking his position at the back of the ship. He pointed forward, directing the Pidgeotto to their course. The sheet continued to inflate, taking the shape of a misshapen sack.

The gondola rose into the air, and the sheet revealed the Guild insignia printed on it, the twin tails of Electivire and the arc of Arceus. It drifted south, and it began to float high in the air.

Aram called out to the Magmar, “Less heat there Moe!” He nodded, pulling on a rope. Heat escaped through a hole on the top, and they steadily dropped, stopping at Aram’s signal.

Aram sat on his seat, looking up at the sky. He saw the dark storm clouds in the sky, aware of the warning. He rose his tails into the air, and a flash of light echoed through the clouds.

“Bring it.”

Lightning shot from the sky, redirecting from the balloon to Aram’s tails, filling him with electricity. He gave a contented sigh, holding out his arms. He shot a Thunderbolt off the side of the ship, forcing it to dissipate harmlessly away.

He took a deep breath, smiling. “It feels good to be flying again.” He pointed to the south, calling out to the Pidgeotto. They nodded, changing the breeze. They floated swiftly to Deity Continent, riding the Airship Electivire.

Last edited:
Chapter 52

Over the course of three days, Victor dragged his raft of passengers southwest to Deity Continent. Theus took to training Laryon how to fight, seeing the encounter with Gregorius and Roark as a sign that he needed combat lessons. He was taught how to Quick Attack, Endure, and, one of Theus’ favorites, Force Palm.

On one such day, Theus and Laryon stood on the raft, Wingull flying above and Mantine and Remoraid swimming below. Arianne tucked herself in the hut, not wanting to see endless miles of ocean or risk becoming sea sick. Victor sung a seagoing shanty, which went something like this:

“Oh, I saw a gal,

She looked very swell,

Sailing ‘cross the blue.

She swam her way on

Leaving me behind

With only a boo-hoo.

But she said one day

That she’d be back

With a gift for you-ou!”

Victor cocked his head, then said, “Darn, I forgot the rest!”

Laryon charged at Theus, paw outward and glowing with blue energy. Theus met it with his arm, countering it. Laryon skidded back, nearing the edge of the raft.

Theus tsked, shaking his head. “Concentrate, concentrate! Force Palm is a rather simple move, but it’s not like Quick Attack; you channel your energy into force, not speed!” Laryon took a deep breath, and charged forward again. His paw glowed once more, and he jumped up, sliding on the raft. The energy left his paw and surged toward Theus, leaving him to cringe. It made contact, and Theus flew off the raft, swimming back to it. He left his cloak in the hut, leaving him to shiver in the biting ocean wind.

Victor belted out with laughter at the sopping Lucario, who grimaced with cold and embarrassment. He turned to the Lapras and sneered, saying, “You’re lucky you have a layer of blubbery skin.”

In the time that they weren’t practicing fighting moves, Laryon played games of PokeBoard with Arianne, keeping his wits sharp. Arianne was beginning to feel like a third wheel in the party, as Theus was getting all the attention with his fighting moves and interesting backstory.

She moved her Caterpie next to Laryon’s Mewtwo, sighing dejectedly. “I haven’t had much need to heal anyone lately, outside of Seru after that fight. I need something to do…” Laryon leaned against the table, racking his brains.

He moved his Kakuna next to the Weedle and said, “I’m sure something will turn up. Who knows? Maybe Victor will pull a muscle.”

Theus sat on the dock, making faces at passing Seaking. He stuck out his tongue, pulled his lips in, all sorts of faces, laughing to himself.

“Ha ha ha, look at those wild fish! They’re so dimwitted they don’t see what I’m doing!” Victor said nothing, secretly hoping for a surprise.

One Seaking did look up and saw Theus. He frowned, and charged straight for the Lucario’s face, horn first. Theus flopped back onto the deck, his nose swelling up with pain.

The Seaking floated on the surface and said, “There’s not just wild Seaking down here you know! Keep your insults to yourself!” He dove back underwater, returning to his errand to find undersea berries.

Theus clutched his muzzle and groaned. He said with a stuffy tone, “I’b gob do ged Ariande. She’b know whab do do.” He returned to the hut to explain the situation, making it seem like that the Seaking was the one at fault. Victor chortled happily, paddling across the ocean.

“The old ‘un acts just like a young ‘un, and the young ‘un acts like an old ‘un. What a world!”

They also passed the time listening to Theus’ stories from his past, reminiscing his various adventures in the Mystery Dungeons. One such tale was told on a warm night, calm and windless. They sat out on the raft, Arianne being slightly uncomfortable, while Victor continued to tug.

Theus stood up, moving his paws in various motions. “I charged through Unsightly Mountains to find the legendary Mask of Claydol, swiping enemies left and right. A Graveler came up, I blasted him away with Aura. A Hydreigon flew in, and I knocked him out of the sky!” Laryon and Arianne both sat attentively, wanting to hear the tale until the end.

Theus stopped, holding his paws in the air. “There it was, hanging on the wall. I reached the top of the mountain, and defeated ever guardian of this precious artifact. It was so mysterious but beautiful at the same time. Before I approached it, I had to take a step back in its glam-“

He took a step back off the raft, landing in the water once more, sending a splash into the air. All laughed wildly at his misadventure, Victor exclaiming, “The ocean doesn’t seem to like you too much right now!” He crawled back onto the deck, shaking off his arms and legs.

Laryon asked, “What happened after you stepped back?” Theus received more laughter for the recent memory as he squeezed the water out of his tail.

He frowned and said while drying himself, “I nabbed it and sold it at auction. You happy?” He stomped into the hut, muttering about getting warm, leaving everyone else to wonder what his deal was.

On the fourth day of their journey, Theus ate yet another apple, one of their few that they bought. They couldn’t cook any meals without a proper stove or fire, and even then, they had nothing to eat it with. They contented themselves with raw berries and apples, but Theus was craving seafood.

As Laryon and Arianne ate their own apples, he exclaimed, “I’m going to catch a nice big Basculin!” He stored outside with his staff, pulling off the wooden cap for the blade. Arianne and Laryon looked at each other and shrugged.

Arianne stated, “We’ll see how well he does with most of the fish being out of his reach.”

Theus leaned over the side of the raft, holing his spear high in the air. His eyes shifted between the many fish Pokemon that swam below, but he knew he couldn’t catch any of them…from the deck.

He took off his cloak and dove into the water, swimming downwards. Victor stopped swimming for a moment to watch. “This time the Lucario actually wanted to go in. Wonder why…”

Theus continued to swim until he saw a lazy Basculin, its jaw hanging open and its fins still. Theus stabbed at it, driving the other fish away, and he swam back up with his catch.

He grinned and said, “I bet they thought I couldn’t do it, well I’ll show-” He cut open the fish and immediately threw back into the water, fighting the urge to vomit. He had dealt with precooking the Basculin, but never tried to eat it raw as the Samurott Clan did.

Victor half-heartedly smiled and asked, “So, uh, what was your plan there exactly?” Theus, disheartened, covered his wet form with his cloak, and stepped back towards the hut. “To remind myself why everyone always eats apples and berries.”

Antics like this continued for a week, until Victor shouted, “Land ho! Deity dead ahead!” They looked out the window of the shack, then scrambled outside to see their grand destination.

The continent was more of a large island than anything, the corners of it distant from each other but still slightly visible. A large forest hugged the edge of the beach, and past that mountains rose high into the air. Storming clouds hung over them, the roar of a distant legend echoing from it. The entire continent had a distinct atmosphere, one of both forbidding and welcoming nature, like somewhere you want to be but know you shouldn’t go to.

Arianne stood in awe and said, “It’s more beautiful than I imagined.” Floating lights floated from the forest, blowing in the breeze toward the ocean. Some hovered close to their raft, allowing Laryon to scoop one into his paw. It seemed like nothing more than a glowing little particle.

He let it go and said, “I wonder what will be there waiting for us?” Theus came between both and grinned.

“You’ve no idea. Out of all the continents, Deity is the most mysterious and elegant of all. Groudon made the other four, but this was designed by all the Legends and Myths together, bringing together their special landmarks in a single location.” He explained.

Victor turned to them and said, “We’ll hit the beach in around fifteen minutes, so make sure you’re ready to disembark.” Arianne went back inside to pack up their belongings while Theus stood with Laryon, looking out to Deity Continent.

Laryon looked around, then stopped, seeing an unusual shape. He pointed to the left of the continent, the north, and said, “What’s that thing over there? It doesn’t look like a cloud.” Theus squinted, looking at the misshapen blob, then grinned.

He laughed out loud and said, “He did it! He really did it! I never thought that thing would go again!” Laryon looked to him curiously.

“Who, what? What are you talking about?” Laryon asked. The shape grew closer, and it cleared to be a large wooden house being suspended in the air by a giant balloon, being pushed by Pidgeotto in the back.

Theus explained, “Years back, when I first met Aram, he had invented a flying machine, one he called the Airship Electivire. I remember that its balloon got a hole, and it got damaged in a crash, but he apparently fixed it! He’s coming by sky!”

On the Airship Electivire, Aram hung from a rope, looking at Deity Continent from above, searching for a landing spot. He spotted a large clearing and exclaimed, “Make for that landing spot! Moe, let the heat out!” The Magmar nodded, pulling on a rope and making the airship descend. It lowered gradually into the clearing, disappearing into the trees, with only the deflating balloon visible.

Victor whistled and said, “Well, bust my shell. I never thought anyone but the birds could fly, but they proved me wrong.” Theus came close to him and pointed straight ahead.

“Victor, if you’re as strong as you say you are, then you’ll bring us as fast as you can to the beach! I want to meet with an old friend!”

~~~~

Azure oversaw the kitchen as the children got properly fed and taken care of. It had been a week since the flood of Fort Ervine, and things had noticeably improved from before. She and Ferrick had moved into the Leader’s Quarters, letting Erik finally have a room for himself. The barracks were fully converted into the children’s quarters, while the Project Pokemon slept on the kitchen floor with blankets. This was done partially because of space issues, but also as punishment for their harsh treatment of their prisoners.

In the cafeteria, Project Pokemon talked amongst themselves about diverse subjects crowding the tables and waiting for dinner. Without Maxim, they haven’t taken to serious duties; they only did as Azure commanded, her strong personality winning their loyalty. They were still loyal to Arthus, him being the last true commander of the Project, but as they talked with Azure, they slowly began to realize the errors of their ways.

Gaska flipped a Chesto pancake, humming a merry tune. “Ever since that old Maxim kicked the bucket, things have been better than ever! Don’t need to worry about serving sizes or strict schedules no more!” Ian nodded, tittering joyfully.

“Yeah, we can eat whenever we want!” He exclaimed. Gaska yanked his tail and returned to monitoring the cakes.

“Quiet you. All you care about is yerself.” Gaska complained. Azure entered the kitchen, a flower tucked in her ear, smiling wide.

Gaska whistled and exclaimed, “Well now, who’s this pretty young girl I see? Someone have feelings for you round here? We should just have a Togetic come fly over you two.”

Ferrick appeared, his claw over Azure’s shoulder. He had taken Arthus’ white cloak from his Tower, the length of it covering the scarred patches of his body. His face and tailfur remained relatively undamaged from the flood, letting him show himself comfortably. When he walked there was a slight limp, but other than that the flood was distant history.

“If you have a Togetic fly over us I’m afraid you’ll be seeing stars before you know it.” Ferrick replied. Ian’s jaw dropped, his arms hanging loosely.

Gaska stood wide-eyed, blubbering for what to say. The smell of burning pancakes caught his attention, and he quickly got back to work in that regard. After that business he asked, “Well this is a surprise! How long have you to been like this?”

Azure looked to Ferrick and said, “We knew each other when we were kids, and were even raised in the same home. I guess we sort of grew closer as time went on.” Gaska smiled appreciatively, pulling his hat up straight.

He pointed at the flower and said, “Where’d you get that? Flowers haven’t grown round here the last I recall.” Ferrick pointed out the window, where in the distance a patch of green could be seen.

“I went over to that meadow and came back with the flower just for her. A form of proposal, if you will.”

Last edited:
We grow ever closer to our end! I am so glad I have managed to come this far, and to you who have read from the beginning, I thank you for reading. Please, leave comments, for they will help improve on my future stories for your enjoyment.

Chapter 53

Arianne and Laryon waved back to Victor as he stomped up the beach toward the vast forest, thanking the Lapras for the ferry. Theus had said some short thanks before he rushed up the beach into the forest, desperate to meet his friend Aram Electivire.

Victor began his week-long journey back to Deedra Town, sighing to himself. “It’ll be lonely without that old fool.”

Theus waited on the fringe of the forest for his companions, itching to leave. “Come on! I’ve been waiting eight years to see him again!” He turned to go off once more, stopping when he felt the tug of Arianne’s hand.

“He’s not going anywhere, so stop being in such a rush. We don’t know much about this place, so who knows what dangers there are.” She cautiously said.

Theus pulled away his cloak and said, “I’ve been here before, FYI!” He gestured to the trees and said, “This is the Luminescent Woods, the in-between of all the landmarks of the Legends and Myths. They got rid of all the Wild Pokemon here years ago, and there’s only a single town here, and that’s on the other side of the continent. We’ll be perfectly fine.” He began going forward, disappearing into the trees. Arianne and Laryon followed, only somewhat assured by his statement.

They stepped into the woods, and immediately an aura of peace came over them. Grass was soft everywhere they stepped, and the branches were perfectly overhead, making sure they wouldn’t run into them. Soft lights drifted from the ground toward the sky, giving the place an air of tranquil beauty. Everywhere they could see towering trees and lights ascending into the air. The leaves overhead dimmed the woods, making the light of the particles become more noticeable.

Laryon looked around and said, “This place is incredible! I never thought I’d be glad to see trees again!” Arianne agreed, stepping toward the direction Theus went.

Theus dropped from above, pointing with his staff ahead. “Aram’s ship is over there, in one of the only clearings the woods have. Come!” He trekked onward, leaving Arianne and Laryon several feet behind.

They continued following Theus, admiring the grandiose views of this forest. A small pond came up, perfectly still, with only tiny lights dancing along its surface. A mountainside edged into the forest, the lights sliding off the rock. Vines occasionally came from the trees, gently swaying in the breeze. Arianne and Laryon never once felt like they were in danger. It was as if the Legends and Myths wanted reverence to be impressed on Pokemon’s minds before they visited their sacred locations.

Theus slid into a gap between trees, into somewhere brighter and more open. Laryon and Arianne followed, the lights hugging tightly onto the Seal around the Riolu’s neck. Arianne crossed the trees, and Laryon did as well, the lights letting go of the Seal and floating back into the Luminescent Woods.

In the clearing, a massive wooden ship could be seen, Pawniard swarming over the sides to make sure that it was still in good condition. Pidgeotto roosted on the sides, resting from their long journey. Moe the Magmar tested his flame, making sure that the balloon would remain inflated. Overseeing all this from the ground was the imposing figure of a large Electivire, his twin tails playing with each other as he oversaw.

Theus approached the Electivire taking off his hat. He suddenly became less jovial and more worried, his steps becoming smaller and smaller as he approached. Arianne and Laryon stood near the edge of the woods, not wanting to interrupt this reunion.

Theus finally stopped, stabbing his staff into the ground. He let it go, letting it stand, and he set his hat on top of it. He continued forward, the grass below bending to his will.

The Electivire cocked his head, hearing something, and he turned around behind him. Theus stopped, and took a deep breath. The Electivire squinted, looking at Theus with studying eyes, his mouth shut firmly.

Theus cleared his throat and said, “I…I know you probably don’t know me. But I am here to talk about something…something very important. My name is-”

“Matheus.” Aram finished. Theus’ eyes widened in surprise, and Aram smiled widely. Theus smiled as well, chuckling slightly.

Aram held his arms out wide, and said softly, “It’s good to see you again.” Theus rushed to him and embraced the Electivire, Aram doing the same. The Pokemon on the ship took notice of this, halting their duties and watching the turn of events, the air growing still.

They let go of each other, tears in Theus’ eyes. He quickly wiped them away, saying, “Sorry…it’s been so long since I’ve had someone recognize me and be friends with me.” Aram nodded, patting his back.

“I remember the day we sacrificed our memories well. We did what was right; I probably would have confessed to the Guild about what happened with Arthus and everything, and that would have set chaos among us.” He replied. He looked behind Theus, seeing a Gardevoir and a Riolu. “Who are your friends?” Theus looked behind him and motioned for them to come over. They did so, Aram towering over all of them.

Theus took Arianne’s hand and said, “This is Arianne, daughter of a healer and seer. She’s been with us ever since we met her, and has helped us greatly. She’s a wonderful cook, and I don’t think we’d be here today without her.” Arianne curtsied, and Aram bowed in return.

“Pleased to meet you, Guildmaster Electivire.” She said reverently. Aram laughed, his booming voice instead gentle.

“Please, call me Aram. Now who’s this young fellow?” He asked. Theus set his paws on Laryon’s shoulders, the Seal of Creation swaying on his neck.

Theus replied, “This is Laryon, my nephew. He’s one of the main reasons I am here. Just as with Arianne, I wouldn’t be here without him. He is smart, courageous, and, greatest of all, greater than me.” Laryon looked up to him, amazed about what he said. Theus looked down, beaming.

Aram kneeled, his large fingers gently holding the Seal of Creation. He looked in Laryon’s eyes and said, “So, you are the one Matheus gave this to?” Laryon nodded, looking down at the Seal.

“I’ve been called the Chosen of Arceus, but Theus was the one who gave me it. Why am I called that?” Aram looked down and chuckled.

Theus stepped next to him and said, “When I first held the Seal, I was drawn into a vision by Arceus. He told me to give it to an innocent soul, one who was pure and true. One little known skill of us Lucarios is the ability to see the Aura of others, their soul. An image of a tiny Riolu, just born, came into my mind, and I knew I had to go back to Quantus to find this soul. And so, Arceus in a way did choose you.” Laryon looked down at the Seal, now having an idea as to why Arceus may have chosen him.

Aram grunted, his face turning serious. His prongs sparked as he turned to see his Guild, firing a bolt of lightning into the air. “What are you staring at! Get back to work! We want to be ready to leave as soon as possible!” He turned back to Theus and said, “Sorry, but we have little time for chitchat. I have important news involving the Cocoon.”

~~~~

Arthus looked from a mountain peak to the ground below, seeing a misshapen balloon below. He grinned, looking back to his three comrades.

“Aram is here, with Matheus and the Seal as well. We’re well on our way to getting the Cocoon. Stay low; we’ll watch how this goes.” The short, the tall, and the one floating in the air stooped down, awaiting their master’s order.

~~~~

In the navigator’s quarters of the Airship Electivire, Aram, Laryon, Theus and Arianne sat around a table, a map and compass atop it. Guild Pokemon continually worked outside, making sure the ship was in working order. Theus had his hat and staff back, leaning them on his chair.

Aram cleared his throat and said, “I’ll have to go up top in a few minutes to guide the crew, so let’s make this quick. The other Guilds are out of action, the other Guildmasters mysteriously gone. While we do not have much of a fighting force, rumors and a little bird told me we don’t have much to worry about.” Laryon looked curiously to the imposing Electivire.

“A little bird? Who told you?” He asked. Aram gestured to the corner of the room, where a tall, intricate bottle sat.

Theus gaped and said, “You brought that thing here? Why?” Aram’s tails twitched as he nodded.

“Hoopa’s Unbound form may be useful in bringing down Arthus, despite the dangers. Hoopa came to me shortly after I brought it here, warning me not to use it. He let me ask a question as a bribe, and I asked about Fort Ervine and what its current state is. He showed me an image, and said that there’s a little over thirty Project Pokemon. The entire place was afflicted by a disaster, and it seems that another Zoroark and a Lucario have taken control.” Laryon excitedly stood up and grabbed Arianne’s hands.

“A Lucario! That’s got to be Azure! She’s conquered the fort!” He stated.

Arianne replied, saying, “That’s great to hear, but what about that other Zoroark?” Theus looked up and smiled.

“It’s got to be Ferrick. Like Lucarios, Zoroarks are rather rare. I remember that Arthus wanted him, so he most likely had him join the Project.” He turned back to Aram and said, “At least we know Ervine is taken care of. What about the Cocoon? You said you had news about it.” Aram stood up, and picked up a slip of paper from the map.

He pointed to a mountain on Deity, the name being ‘Mount of Rebirth’. He handed Theus the paper and said, “In some documents I found in the storage room, I found the location of the Cocoon, written by our good friend Mewtwo.”

Arianne sighed and said, “Thank goodness. I remember him talking about his Mystic Orb and how it can see anything he wishes. He must have used that.” Aram cleared his throat and continued.

“Anyways, on it, he said this: ‘On the Mount of Rebirth in the Chamber of Awakening, only a soul as pure as white with symbol of Arceus can enter and retrieve the Cocoon of Destruction.” He pointed at Laryon and said, “You are our key into the Chamber. With you, we can get Yveltal within his Cocoon, and prevent Arthus from ever using it.”

A Pawniard came from above and said, “Ropes are tied down and the balloon’s ready boss! Better head up and take us to our heading!” Aram began walking toward the stairs.

“It’s amazing how you Pawniard can tie knots even with blades on your hands! To the east, crew!” He commanded. The room suddenly lifted upward, and they could feel a distinct turning sensation.

Arianne stood up looking outside through a window. The ground below grew smaller, and the clouds above grew closer. “I think I’ll like air travel more than sea travel; it doesn’t shake as much, and you don’t have to worry about drowning.” Theus nodded, looking out the same window.

“Right, but you have to worry about falling off the ship and going splat on the ground. Birds can fly, but can you?” He asked. Arianne sat back in the chair, preferring to stay in the center of the ship.

Laryon took Arianne’s place, admiring the view from above. The Luminescent Woods’ lights floated upward, brushing against the window. The mountainside appeared under them, presumably the Mount of Rebirth, the rocks all soaring past as they ascended.

Theus grabbed hold of Laryon’s shoulder and said, “We’re close to finally having the Cocoon and stopping Project Empowerment and Arthus once and for all. You excited?” Laryon nodded elatedly.

“Very. What will we do with the Cocoon once we have it?” Laryon asked. Theus looked up, and smiled.

“I think we should drop it off at the Tree of Life. With the airship, we can go anywhere we want, and I’m sure Arceus wouldn’t mind watching it for us.”

Arianne looked over and said, “Do you think Arthus knows where to look to?” Theus shook his head negatively.

“No, I’m sure he doesn’t. I remember him saying something about the Mount at some point years ago, and he said there was no chance of the Cocoon being there; there was a carving at the peak, but he determined it was purely decorational, not a door. I know exactly where to look.” He replied. They drifted up the Mount of Rebirth, approaching the Chamber of Awakening and the Legend that lay inside.

Last edited:
Chapter 54

Arianne stepped out of the warm cabin to the chilly deck, where Pawniard continually rushed around, ensuring that the balloon wouldn’t come loose. A light snow fell from above, the peak distant but reachable. Pidgeotto gusted and blew the balloon upward, while Moe the Magmar wheezed all the heat he could get to ensure the balloon stayed aloft.

She hugged her shoulders, approaching Aram, who sat in his chair, overseeing his ship. He noticed Arianne and stood up, concerned.

“Unless you have fur or feathers or heat, you should head back inside. The top of the mountain isn’t until a way yet.” He said, beginning to usher her back downstairs.

Arianne pushed him aside and said, “I don’t want to be stuffed up in the cabin while Laryon is talking with Theus about everything, while I just sit in the corner looking pretty!” Aram rubbed his chin curiously.

“Hmm…well, at least sit in my chair. It’s warm, so it’ll do you some good.” He replied, moving aside to let her sit. The chair was padded with fabric, a few feathers sticking out from it. Arianne sat down and sighed contentedly, Aram wrapping a thick piece of fabric around her. “I keep this in case the balloon tears a hole in it, but it serves well as a blanket.” She nodded gratefully, wrapping herself tight in it. Aram sat on the floor next to her, booming out, “Keep the heat going Moe! When we get back, I’ll make sure to get you a Magmarizer!” He turned to her and asked, “So, what do you want to do here on deck?”

Arianne sat up and said, “I would like to be useful, but unless someone needs medical care, I can’t help all that much.” Aram nodded, looking up to the balloon.

“Well, I’m sure you know what you do in that case. Electivire Guild has plenty of healers, but none that are psychics.” Arianne turned away, blushing.

“I don’t really like using my psychic abilities. The last time I did, I extinguished a Gengar. It was a strong one too.” Aram looked to her, then back to the balloon.

“You know, I don’t really like using my power on others either. Electricity is a dangerous thing, and I’d rather use it to protect others than hurt them. But sometimes you have to do what is wrong to do what is right. You have to kill to let life flourish. Take the wild Pokemon for instance.” He stood up and pointed below, where a Beartic ate raw meat with her Cubchoo. “If they didn’t get that Sawsbuck for their meal, they themselves wouldn’t live. We don’t live in a fair world, where everyone can live, but we must do what we can. We must choose the course that saves as many lives as possible.”

Arianne thought about what he said, snow flying into her face. “That makes since, I suppose. At least I used my Psychic to protect Laryon when we needed it.” Aram stood up and looked at her in the eyes.

“Then that was the greatest service you could have done. If you hadn’t saved Laryon, we couldn’t secure the Cocoon.” He replied. She looked away, twiddling her fingers under the blanket.

“Wouldn’t it be just as safe if we left it there? It’s not like Arthus can open the Chamber without the Seal or Laryon.” Aram looked of the side of the ship, watching the snow land on the mountain.

“The thought did cross my mind. But think about it. Arthus wants the Cocoon, and if we don’t get it now, he will get it. He could try drilling to the Chamber, as it’s surely not protected that way.” He replied.

Arianne shifted in the seat, saying, “Enough about this. I want to know more about you. I haven’t been with you all that long, but I can tell that you’re a nice guy. Why did you make a flying machine?” Aram chuckled, motioning to his creation.

“When I was a young Elekid, I wanted to whir my arms so fast that I’d go high into the sky. The thought of being with the clouds, where electricity is made, astounded me. When I became a Guildmaster, I could realize that dream, working with Matheus to create the Airship Electivire. Without him, we wouldn’t have this.” He explained.

Arianne said, “I guess without Theus a lot of things wouldn’t have happened.” She shivered, the frigid air afflicting her further. Aram gently picked her up and began to bring her downstairs.

“I don’t care what you say, you need to go back down. We’re nearing the peak, and it’ll be too cold for you soon enough.” He carried her down, watching her head as descended. Down below, a trail of figures could be seen in the ship’s shadow. None cared to look down, as they wanted to head up to the entrance of the chamber.

Aram shut the door, carrying Arianne down further and setting her on a chair. Laryon and Theus sat together, talking about what could be inside the Chamber.

“Do you think there’ll be any traps?” Laryon asked. Theus shrugged, setting his hat on his head.

“I dunno, but we’re going to find out; the peak can’t be too much farther now.” Theus stated. The balloon lurched forward, and movement, vertical and horizontal, stopped.

Aram rushed up the stairs, shutting the door. “What’s the hold up?” He demanded.

“We’re at the peak sir! There’s an image over there!” Moe the Magmar exclaimed. Aram looked to where he pointed, snow sticking to his fur and getting into his eyes.

The tip of the peak could be seen rising into the air. A ledge extended from the peak outward, making a stable place to stand. Set into the peak was a large rectangular slab, rounded at the top, set with an ornate ‘Y’ in the center. Surrounding the letter was the distinct symbol of Arceus.

As the Pidgeotto roosted, awaiting orders, Aram went back downstairs and turned to Laryon and Theus. “Showtime. We’re at the peak.” He pointed at Arianne and said, “You stay here. It’s far too cold for someone like you to be going out. We’ll be back with the Cocoon before you know it.”

Theus and Laryon stood up, heading for the door. Laryon turned to her and said, “We’ll be fine. Theus and Aram are with us!” She smiled weakly, wishing she could go but knowing that it was for the best.

The wind blew Theus’ cloak as he jumped off the airship, Aram and Laryon following suit. The slab towered above them, set unmovable within the peak, the ornate carvings unworn and crisp. The wind and snow picked up, pounding the three Pokemon with increased strength.

Aram pointed ahead and said, “Just past that, and we’ll be in the Chamber! Not too far now!” They trudged onward, the snow accumulating at their feet. The Guild Pokemon watched as their Guildmaster went out, while a cloaked figure looked from the deck longingly.

They drew near to the slab, the wind increasingly biting their bodies. The massive monument of stone dwarfed even Aram, the intricacies in the tablet more visible and seemingly created within rather than carved.

Theus brushed away snow on the tablet, revealing a circular indent. The Seal of Creation pulsed with blue light, surprising Laryon. Theus sat unfazed, pointing at the indent.

“Set the Seal within, then place your paw on top of it. The door will open.” He said calmly. Laryon looked up at the indent, hesitantly taking the Seal off from around his neck. He had never taken it off since he received it, feeling that something bad might happen if he did. He knew that now was the time to do so however.

He placed the Seal within, pulsing once more. Laryon then set his paw inside the indent, feeling the chilly metal of the pendant, and the entire tablet shone blue. It shook, and they all stepped back, Laryon grabbing the Seal from its spot. The tablet split down the middle, scraping on the ground and pushing mounds of snow away. The tablet was at least ten feet thick, yet it moved with relative ease, revealing a small darkened hole. Two blue flames lit next to the hole, the cavern letting out a deep moan.

They looked at each other, knowing what to do. They entered the cavern, beginning their descent into the darkness of the Chamber of Awakening. Behind them, four figures waited, coming from below the mountain.

The tunnel was heated, so much so that Laryon felt uncomfortably hot. Stairs descended into the Mount of Rebirth, spiraling into the depths. Sconces of blue flame lined the walls, lighting their way down into the Chamber.

Laryon slid his paw against the wall, feeling strange indentations. He looked closer, and saw engravings within. He tugged at Theus’ cloak and said, “Can you make light? I feel something here.” Theus rubbed his paws together, glowing blue. He clapped them together, and a small flame of Aura appeared, floating above the paw.

He held it up, willing it to be larger. The engraving extended upward and down the path, showing a story. Theus looked at it closely, and recited it as they continued down.

An image of Arceus came, with various waves of energy, and what appeared to be spheres of light as well. “In the beginning, Arceus the Creator made the world, assembling the elements into a chaotic mass. He created the Dungeon Hearts, forming the Mystery Dungeons, and created the first Pokemon, the Legends and Myths.”

Various images of Pokemon came into view, all Legends and Myths. They centered on the world, streaks of light coming from them. “They all gave their gifts to this ancient world. Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre created the land, sea and air, assembling them from Arceus’ chaos. Landorus created fertile land for plants to grow, and Mew created the first Wild Pokemon. Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie blessed those who came to them with willpower, emotions, and memories, to become equals with the Legends. Day and Night were born by Solgaleo and Lunala.” Theus cocked his head and said, “I don’t recognize them. Must be a mistake.”

An image of a forest with various Pokemon populating it, small huts and berry bushes surrounding them. “The enlightened Pokemon covered the world, thanking the Legends and Myths, Arceus most of all for creating the deities and the elements. Life progressed, and all was well.”

The image shifted to one of the scene burning, and other Pokemon chasing the peaceful villagers, afflicting them with attacks. “The world will turn to evil in select regions, seeking to control their inhabitants and fulfill their own desires contrary to Arceus’ wishes. They shall bring terror, and they shall have their reward.”

An image of a Y-shaped Pokemon appeared, spreading his arms and emitting a red energy. The lights in the tunnel turned to a deep crimson, reflecting the nature of this Pokemon. “The Destruction Pokemon, Yveltal, shall rise from this Chamber, and take the life of all in those regions, bringing justice to those who willed it. After this work, he shall return to his Cocoon, resting for the time he shall be needed again.”

A magnificent antlered Pokemon stood forth in this forest, new life springing from the ground and Pokemon bowing to him. “Xerneas shall come after this destruction, and grant new life to these regions, restoring what was good and fruitful, according to Arceus’ wishes. He shall slumber once more, awaiting for the time Yveltal shall rise again, a continuing cycle in the world of Pokemon.”

The images ended, and a massive stone door halted their progress. A hole similar to what the entrance had sat in front of it, a Y engraved around it.

Theus and Aram stepped away, allowing Laryon to place the Seal within, and set his paw on top. The door glowed red, and the stone split, sliding away. They entered the pitch-black chamber, seeing nothing but darkness. Red flames erupted from the sides, circling the room. A large crystal then began to glow, revealing a black, egg-shaped mass below, sitting on a pedestal. It thrummed with power, breathing echoing through the chamber. “The Cocoon of Destruction.”

Last edited:
Chapter 55

They heard the sound of clapping, and quickly turned behind them. They saw a hooded figure, his arms unveiled, showing dark grey fur with streaks of white, the claws red. He looked up, showing his deep blue irises, and his teeth shining in the darkness.

He continued clapping, saying, “Bravo, bravo! You have done well to come to this place, Matheus, Aram, and Laryon.” He took off his hood, revealing a full head of grizzled red fur. “You all know who I am.” Aram fizzled with electricity, and Theus brimmed with aura energy.

“Arthus.” They both said. Arthus clapped once more, raising his paws into the air.

“Bravo again, my friends! You haven’t forgotten me!” He cried. Theus summoned a Bone Rush, growling.

“How could I forget after you destroyed our home, destroyed our Guild, and destroyed our friendship! I evolved from that bond!” Arthus tsked, wagging a claw.

“Now now, Matheus, you know what we talked about all those years ago: control your temper and Pokemon like you more.” He held his arms out and said, “I just want to say my thanks for giving me the Cocoon.” Aram grunted, electricity arcing from his tails to his fists.

“Fat chance of that. How did you follow us? The climb up here’s too sheer.” Aram demanded. Arthus snapped his fingers, the illusion falling off of two Pokemon. The first was a large green blob of jelly, a Reuniclus, smiling ridiculously. To his right was a shame-faced purple creature, his rings clinking as he floated.

Laryon gasped and said, “Hoopa! How could you!” Hoopa floated forward and pointed at Arthus accusingly.

“He promised to release me from my Unbound self if I helped him! I’ve hated that side of me ever since I was born! Do you know what it feels like, to be constantly wanting to fight and be the winner of everything, and granting wishes to the Pokemon that releases me? Its torture!” Hoopa exclaimed. The Reuniclus waved his hand, showing a black armband.

Arthus sighed, motioning to the Reuniclus. “This is Bob. He doesn’t speak like we do, but he’s an amazing psychic. He carried us up the mountain when it proved difficult to climb.” Bob bobbed his head, waving his arms. Laryon raised his paw in the air, blue energy emanating from it.

Arthus shook his head dejectedly, stepping forward. “Come on, let’s be reasonable. I have another friend of mine outside this room, watching your airship. Everyone there will be gone, unless you give me the Cocoon.” Aram roared, electricity discharging from his frame.

“You. Wouldn’t. Dare!” He roared. Arthus touched his forehead and said, “Bob, let Retta know that she’ll board on my command.” Bob nodded, closing his eyes. He opened them again and nodded once more, spinning in the air.

Arthus clapped his hands together and said, “Wonderful! Now, what will it be? Fight and lost their lives, or surrender and give me the Cocoon?” Theus, Laryon and Aram looked at each other uncomfortably, unsure of their course of action.

~~~~

Arianne stood on the deck, watching Laryon and the others enter the tunnel. She was about to turn back into the cabin, when she saw four shapes come from underneath them. She looked more closely, and saw them as a Zoroark, a Reuniclus, Hoopa, and what seemed to be a Weavile. The Zoroark turned to the Weavile, pointing at the ship, and returned to trekking up the mountain. The Weavile turned back to the ship, dashing back into the shadows.

She stormed over to the Pidgeotto and exclaimed, “There’s a Weavile below us, and it doesn’t look friendly!” One Pidgeotto shifted and stretched his wings, aching.

“No can do. Our wings are beat, and we have a hard enough time staying warm right now.” He complained, fluffing up his feathers. Arianne turned back to Moe the Magmar, saying the same thing.

“Sorry, have to keep the flame going. It’ll take ages to brew it up again if I let it go out.” He explained.

Arianne went back down into the ship, down into the barracks, where the two dozen Pawniard lazily slept on their beds. She dragged one off explained the situation. The Pawniard opened on eye and moaned.

“You not the boss…we don’t listen…” He mumbled. Arianne groaned and dropped the Pawniard, heading father down the ship. She tried to get the attention of the Watchog cooking food, but he paid no attention to her. She held her head in her hands, racking her brains to figure out what to do.

She remembered an important item upstairs, and stomped up the stairs to see it. In the corner sat Hoopa’s bottle. She looked to the left and right, and slowly stepped to it. She raised her hands, and lifted it gently from the ground, the tip reaching over her head.

The bottle shrunk down to the size of her palm and she instantly felt a nagging message in her head: “Release me…release me…pull the stopper…I will grant any wish…” Her hand strayed over the gem plug, but she quickly pulled it away, stuffing the bottle in her bag.

“Not yet Hoopa. I’m going to try reasoning with the Weavile first.” She told it, closing the bag. She stepped back down stairs, the blanket billowing behind her. She went past the kitchen and went down into the storage room, where crates of goods lay, varying from wood to fabric to food.

She brushed against a small knife, most likely used by the Watchog chef to cut foods without using his teeth. She thought for a moment, and put it into her bag. She might need it for self-defense. She continued going through the storage, finding what she sought: A trapdoor, with a rope ladder rolled up next to it.

She slid open the trap door, letting the harsh air of the outside through, and let down the ladder, the weights on the end thudding against the ground. She began to descend, the knife and the bottle clanking against each other as she did so.

She reached the snow, and she frantically searched for the Weavile. She saw it sitting on the ground, drawing in the snow with her claw. She stepped closer to it, and its ear twitched. In an instant it was on its feet, its claws extended and its eyes focused.

“What’re you doing here?” She exclaimed. Arianne slid her hand in her bag, holding the handle of the knife.

“I should be asking the same thing. I saw you arrive with that Zoroark. Why are you here?” She asked. The Weavile spat, scratching its teeth with its claw.

“That Zoroark told me he’d give me something I want in exchange for helpin’ him. That’s none of your business. If you know what’s good for you, get back into the ship.” Arianne stood her ground, unfazed by the raging cold or the fierce of eyes of the Weavile.

“I want to know what you’ll do if I leave.” She said steadfastly. The Weavile groaned, kicking the ground.

“Unless you got somethin’ to force me, I’m not gonna say.” She remarked. Arianne pulled out the knife, and the Weavile made a mock fearful face. “Ooh, a knife! What’s it gonna do, cut me? I got these bad boys.” She flashed her claws, glinting in the air.

Arianne set the knife back into her bag and took out Hoopa’s bottle, feeling the urge to pull its stopper. The Weavile’s eye grew wide, and it put its claws together, pleading. “Oh no, I’ve heard about that thing! Please don’t let Hoopa out! Anything but that!”

Arianne stared coldly at the Weavile and said, “What are you doing here?”

The Weavile said anxiously, “Alright, my name’s Retta, and I’m here to assassinate everyone on the boss’s mark. He wanted to take the something of destruction, and in exchange for helping him out he’ll give me my daughter Clera back!” She looked coldly to the ground and added, “He killed my husband before then, and said that he wouldn’t kill me if I agreed. I wanted Clera back, and I didn’t want to die, so here I am now.” Arianne felt sympathy toward the Weavile, the bottle gradually lowering back into her bag.

Retta sniffed sadly and said, “That Arthus fellow is horrible. He destroyed my town, took my daughter, and he treats me badly cause I’m a hired hand, not a member like his crony Reuniclus. I want out of this gig, but I can’t do it with my daughter on the line; I’m a thief, not a killer.” Arianne stepped closer to Retta, trying to reason with her.

She calmly said, “We’re here to stop Arthus from doing terrible things. He took your daughter as part of that plan, and plans to use her as fuel for it. Do you really think he’ll give her to you?” Retta looked sadly up at her and shrugged.

“Maybe. I don’t know. The guy’s shifty, but he’s my only hope of seeing her again.” She explained. She looked at her claws and sighed, saying, “I would have killed you by now if you didn’t have that bottle. Just leave me alone.” Arianne refused, stepping closer, blinking away snow.

She then said, “Everyone on that ship is part of a Guild. They can help you. We know the place Arthus is keeping your daughter and all the other children he stole. We can get her back for you.” She looked up, astonished.

“You…you can really do that? For me? I have nothing to offer for that…”

Arianne took hold of her paw and said, “That doesn’t matter. Guilds are here to help others when they are in need. I don’t see why that shouldn’t apply to you.” Retta looked down at her claw, then back to Arianne’s eyes. Her ear twitched once more, and she seemed to get a message. She said aloud, “Alright…will do.” She looked back up, taking back her claw.

“I’ll trust you to get Clera back. Arthus is no good, and I don’t want to kill anyone. I’ll go to Deedra Town; that was the last place we were at before coming here. I’ll wait there for you.” She explained. Arianne nodded, and Retta ran down the mountain, holding the Gardevoir to her word.

Arianne turned back to the ladder and climbed it up, meeting the angry face of a Watchog. “You’re lucky I didn’t lock you out there; you’re turning the entire kitchen into a freezer!” Arianne walked past him and toward the stairs.

“If it wasn’t for me, you’d probably have a vicious Weavile on the loose. So be grateful.” Arianne replied. Leaving the Watchog to close the trapdoor, she returned to the navigation quarters and replaced Hoopa’s bottle, letting go of the dark desires that lay within.

She closed her eyes, concentrating, and said, “The assassin is gone. Proceed with plans.” It traveled to Laryon’s mind, at the opportune moment.

~~~~

Laryon heard Arianne’s voice in his mind, and exclaimed, “No, we can’t let you take the Cocoon! No matter what, the world will not die for you!” Aram and Theus stared wide-eyed at the Riolu, amazed about what he said.

Arthus sighed, and snapped his fingers. “Such a shame. I was hoping to do this the easy way.” Bob closed his eyes, his smile wide. It slowly changed to a confused expression, and he spun in the air, shrugging. Arthus blinked and turned to the Reuniclus.

“What do you mean she isn’t there?” He exclaimed. The Reuniclus pointed straight ahead, toward the leaping Electivire. Arthus jumped out of the way, letting Aram discharge his Thunder Punch into the ground.

Arthus growled and said, “Get the Cocoon, at all costs.” Bob scowled and punched his arms together, while Hoopa unsteadily floated in the air, his rings jangling on his ears.

Aram flexed his arms and jabbed a punch in the air, threatening the opposing Pokemon. Theus ran forward and stopped next to his friend, holding out a Bone Rush. Laryon landed next to them, his arms glowing blue with a Force Palm, his face serious. Theus tilted his hat down, and said a single word:

“Traitor!”

Last edited:
Note: Lucky number! The story will end soon, at roughly 60 to 62 Chapters, so please leave comments while you can!

Chapter 56

Theus tossed his staff away and charged forward, a Bone Rush forming in his paws. Arthus jumped away, claws scraping on the floor. Aram ran toward Bob the Reuniclus, electricity coursing through his tails and fists. He held out his palm, launching electricity at the green blob. Bob grimaced as the electricity made contact, but his body appeared to have no harm done to it. His psyche had been damaged, however, to make sure that his gelatinous form remains stable. Laryon charged toward Hoopa, sending a Force Palm toward the Myth. It passed right through him, the Ghost unaffected by Fighting moves.

Hoopa sighed, floating higher. “I don’t want to fight…I’m just here to teleport the Cocoon.” Laryon growled, purple energy surrounding his paw.

“You’ll doom the world if you do that!” He exclaimed, jumping up and slashing at Hoopa with his Shadow Claw. Hoopa eeped and dodged away, his rings clinking. Arthus rushed Theus with a Fury Swipes, the Lucario blocking the cascade of attacks with his Bone Rush.

Arthus attacked mercilessly, exclaiming, “You are the traitor, not I! You turned from what we founded the Guilds on, to end evil in this world!” Theus clenched his teeth, spinning the Bone Rush and blocking Arthus’ claws.

“No, you did! This world can never be free of evil, but we do what we can to prevent it!” Theus exclaimed. Arthus cackled in reply, fading into invisibility.

Theus rotated in a circle, his Bone Rush dissipating and an Aura Sphere forming in his paws. Arthus’ voice called, “Who wants a temporary fix? You have to keep doing it over and over again! Let’s just get it over with!” He jumped from the shadows, leaping toward Theus with his claws outstretched. Theus quickly launched his Aura Sphere, striking Arthus across the chest, sending him to the other side of the room.

Aram locked arms with Bob, wrestling with his immense strength. He strained his muscles, the Reuniclus continuing to dumbly smile. Aram growled in irritation.

“Make a serious face you dummy!” He warned, electricity coursing from his tails and arcing toward Bob.

Bob opened his mouth wide in pain, shutting his eyes. He let go of Aram and floated higher in the air, focusing his energy into a spinning arm. He whipped the arm in the air, and struck Aram a Dizzy Punch to the chin, sending him flying.

Aram struck the wall, sliding to the ground. He rubbed his jaw, glaring at the Reuniclus coldly. "Oh, now you've asked for it!" He roared. He stood up, white energy surrounding him. He charged forward in a blink of light, ramming into Bob with the full brunt of a Giga Impact. Bob hit the ceiling, falling down with a crash, his blubbery body protecting him from the sharp rocks falling from above.

Aram rolled his shoulder, spitting at the ground, steam rising off him. "I always make the better blow..."

Hoopa flew swiftly around the room, trying to reason with Laryon as the Riolu attempted to strike him with his Shadow Claw, the only move that would have any effect. "I hate cold things, please don't hurt me! I want to stay Confined, not Unbound!" Laryon roared in his mightiest voice, finally striking Hoopa across his back.

Hoopa suddenly stopped, the dark purple energy rising off him. He turned to Laryon, his face blank. "You really are a killjoy, you know that?" He flatly stated. He pulled off one of his rings, and threw it underneath Laryon, pink energy rising off him. Laryon stopped pursuing and instead fled from the angered Myth, who threw his other ring into air in front of him.

Theus' eye caught Hoopa in the middle of his attack, and ran toward the Trickster Pokemon. Arthus came in his way, slashing at him with his claws. He cringed, focusing on Hoopa, using Foresight. A tinge of light blue light surrounded him, eliminating his ghostly advantages.

Theus struck Arthus with a Force Palm ,sending him to the ground, firing an Aura Sphere at Hoopa. Hoopa turned and shrieked, the Aura Sphere sending him away from his ring and into the wall.

Bob dug himself out, shaking his head. He saw Theus and focused his mind on the Lucario, purple energy surrounding Theus' head. The energy stopped moving and closed in on THeus' sending him to the ground, holding his temples, reeling from the Psyshock. Arthus nodded to him, and rose his claws once more.

Laryon rushed in with a Quick Attack, pushing Arthus away from Theus. Arthus cackled, black energy coursing around him. "The Chosen of Arceus comes to save the day! What a surprise!" He pointed at the Seal, it pulsing with red light. "That Seal will come with me, whether you're dead or alive!" Laryon fearfully stepped back as Arthus lept forward to strike him with Night Slash.

A white column of electricity struck Arthus across the chest, electrifying him. He fell to the ground, twitching from the impact, Aram stomping into play. "Pick on someone your own size!" Aram called, electricity coursing around his fist. Bob gasped silently, and rushed toward his master. He came between Aram and Arthus, absorbing the impact of the Thunder Punch.

Bob fell to the ground, his body rippling with electricity. Arthus groaned, standing up. Aram growled, punching his fists together. "One traitor down, another one to go." He punched forward, finding a ring in his path. He felt a punch to his head, and fell to the ground.

Hoopa summoned his rings back to him, chuckling half-heartedly. "Who knew a guy could punch himself in the head?"

Theus groaned, massaging his head. He looked up, seeing Aram down as well, Arthus moving toward Laryon. He ran forward, then found that he was in the place he started. He saw Hoopa's ring in front of him, and looked up, seeing the Trickster Pokemon.

"I have to do this if I want to be free! Just let him take the Seal!" He pleaded. Theus growled, swiping him out of the air with a Bone Rush, his rings returning to his head.

Arthus grinned maliciously, holding out his claws. Laryon stepped back, terrified by the approaching Pokemon. He tried to focus his thoughts, wanting to use Force Palm, but his fear prevented him.

Arthus' claw drew closer to Laryon's neck, him saying, "If you give me the Seal, you will live. Make the smart choice." Bob rose from the ground, swaying unsteadily. Arthus turned to him, pointing at the undisturbed Cocoon.

"Grab it you fool!" Arthus ordered. Bob nodded, floating to the Cocoon, and wrapping his blobby arms around it. He strained his arms, psychic power pouring over them. The Cocoon lifted from the ground, and Bob stopped, shaking under the weight and bulk.

Hoopa rose from the ground, massaging his head. He gasped, seeing the cocoon, and quickly sent a ring underneath it, the circumference increasing. He tossed another ring into the tunnel, it swiftly flying across the continent.

Theus charged forward, raising his paw into the air, glowing with aura. Arthus swiftly turned and slashed his chest, sending him to the ground, groaning. He continued to approach Laryon, pinning him against the wall. The Seal continued to pulse red, shaking with its owner.

Arthus laughed slowly, wrapping his claw around the Seal. "Finally, it's mine! It's all mi-" He was struck across his face by Laryon's paw, the Force Palm sending him to the floor. Laryon quickly ran to Theus, shaking him to wake him up.

Aram rubbed the back of his head, seeing the Cocoon in the air. He gasped, and ran toward it, raising his fist in the air. "You're gonna pay Blob!"

Hoopa floated above the Cocoon, seeing green grass below it. "Drop it! Drop it now!" He cried. Bob gratefully complied, letting his arms spring back into his body. The Cocoon stayed in the air for a moment, then slowly dropped into the hoop, sinking into the instrument and landing on the grass within.

Bob waved to Arthus, pointing at the hoop. Arthus picked himself up, growling. "Go, I'll be there soon! Go on!" He told Bob. The Reuniclus nodded, floating above the hoop and diving inside.

Aram lowered his fist, looking down into the hoop. He furrowed his brow, stepping back. "Nothing for it except to jump!" He exclaimed. He began to run forward, but was quickly halted by Hoopa, floating in front of him.

"You'll have to go through me first!" He cried, holding up his fists. Aram tried to punch him, but the Trickster dodged his blows, continuing to infuriate the Thunderbolt Pokemon.

Laryon helped pick Theus up, saying, "They got the Cocoon through that hoop! We need to get it!" Theus nodded, looking at Aram attempting to punch Hoopa.

Arthus called out, "Close the portal!" Hoopa looked curiously to Arthus, diving beneath Aram's fist?"

"Are you sure? You haven't-"

"Just do it!" Arthus demanded. Hoopa held out his hand, taking back the hoop over the pedestal. It returned to his horn, and the portal was gone, the Cocoon of Destruction with it.

Hoopa turned to Arthus and said, "Did as you said. Now can you-urf!" He flew into the wall, Aram's Thunder Punch finally striking him.

He clenched his fist and said, "Finally got the squeaker!" He turned to Arthus, as did Laryon and Theus, advancing on him.

He stepped back, his face full of surety and confidence. "I was hoping to deal with this without desperate measures, but they are called for." He said, fading into invisibility. He chuckled viciously, leaving his attackers to wonder where he was.

His voice echoed through the Chamber, saying, "I have the Cocoon, and I shall awaken Yveltal to bring an end to life on this world. All I need now is the Seal, from that precious little nephew of yours Matheus!" Aram felt a rush of wind, and quickly threw a punch behind him, meeting nothing but air.

Theus called out, "Show yourself Arthus! You are not the coward you are making yourself to be!" He charged an Aura Sphere, waiting for the Zoroark to appear. Laryon stood next to him, feeling a dark chill down his spine.

Arthus chuckled, saying, "Why would I care what you think of me? You hate me and our Guild Matheus! Project Empowerment is simply Lucario Guild reborn, and you are preventing us from protecting this region from evil! The ends justify the means!" Theus felt a prick of a claw on his neck, and he smote the air around him, feeling no Zoroark.

Arthus tsked, and the air shimmered around Laryon. It stopped, and Laryon appeared to be unchanged, his Seal still around his neck. Arthus laughed once more, his voice becoming distant.

"I'll see you when the world is reborn." He stated. Theus and Aram both looked at Laryon, studying him intently.

Laryon looked down at his neck and saw something suspicious. The Seal had stopped pulsing, and its luster seemed to have disappeared. He tried to reach for it, but found that his paw passed through it. He looked up to Theus, fearful.

"He took it! He's got the Seal!" He cried. Aram growled, marching towards Hoopa's fallen form. Theus picked up Laryon and set him on his shoulders, aching.

"We have to get out of here; Arthus is going to wherever he put the Cocoon." Theus stated. He began to run up the stairs, intent on defeating the thief that stole the Seal.

The Trickster moaned, floating upright. Aram's hand wrapped around his neck, bringing him close to Aram's face.

Hoopa chuckled nervously, Aram's breath hot and humid. "Can I say I'm sorry?" He said weakly. His head jerked back, Aram stomping out of the chamber as everyone else did.

Outside, pawprints set themselves in the snow. An invisible figure hung a visible pendant in the air, admiring it. It set it around its neck, the Seal pulsing crimson, and began to move toward the airship. He jumped onto it, climbing to the top, grabbing the ropes. He climbed up, the Pokemon below paying no attention to him. It clambered onto the balloon, staying only barely inflated. A hole appeared in the balloon, and it extended into a massive gash, the figure scraping down the sack and down to the ground, using his claws to slow his descent. The balloon deflated, much to the surprise of Moe, and flattened on top of his flame, dousing it, and on him and the Pidgeotto. The airship thudded to the ground, sitting precariously on the edge of the peak.

The invisible Zoroark reappeared, the Seal of Creation around his neck. He took a deep breath, and continued to run down the mountain. "To the Tree of Life."

Last edited:
Chapter 57

In the navigation room of the Airship Electivire, Aram sat in front of the table, a tied-up Hoopa sitting in front of him. Arianne stood nearby, healing his wounds with her Heal Pulse. Theus, his cloak removed, appeared rushed and anxious to get out. Laryon looked despairingly to the floor, reaching around his neck for the Seal that was no longer there.

It had only been minutes since they arrived from the Chamber of Awakening, desperate to catch Arthus and halt his plans. They knew that with his head start and his illusionary tactics, they would never halt the progress of the Zoroark. They returned to the airship in this defeat, unable to find him with the vehicle because of his sabotage.

Theus smacked the table, moving his head closer to Hoopa. “You are a slimy little liar, Hoopa. You didn’t just come to us by chance on that beach, did you?” Hoopa nodded weakly, unable to teleport without the use of his arms.

“Right. Arthus wanted me to get you to come here by giving you information. I’m not sure how well I did my job, but it must’ve done something.” He said. Laryon came closer, leaning across the table.

“You need to tell us where you put the Cocoon. If we don’t get to Arthus the entire world is doomed!” Laryon demanded. Hoopa attempted to float upward, but was quickly stopped by Aram’s heavy hand.

“I won’t tell you. My business with Arthus is mine and mine alone. He said he’d separate me from my Unbound self, and you can’t do anything to stop me.” He replied. Aram suddenly stood up, leaving Arianne, and marched to the corner where the bottle lay. He picked it up, his fingers tracing over the stopper.

“Tell us where Arthus is, or else I’ll take my chances with Hoopa Unbound. Maybe he’ll be more reasonable than you.” Aram warned. Hoopa cringed, trying to wiggle free of his bonds.

“No no no, please no! I don’t want to be stuck in that monster’s head again! I’ll tell ya! I’ll tell ya!” He cried. Aram set the bottle on the table, feeling the urge to open it.

Hoopa, terrified, said, “I brought it to the Tree of Life, as he asked! He said something about it being closer to whom he wanted, but who would want Arceus? He’s done nothing but good here!” Everyone in the room figured Arthus would go to the Tree, but so soon, without any more Pokemon from Project Empowerment, could be considered foolhardy.

Aram came in closer to Hoopa and said, “Alright, bring the ship there! I don’t ourselves or the crew on this mountainside to freeze to death!” Without the warming fire from above, the cabins were beginning to grow colder and colder, the Pokemon inside growing closer to death.

Hoopa looked side-to-side, thinking carefully, and said, “Look, uh, if I do that I know I won’t get-“

“Suit yourself.” Laryon said, grabbing the bottle. Hoopa cried out once more, wiggling vigorously to shake off the ropes.

“No please no, not him! I’d love to help, but the ship’s too big! It’ll need to move before I’d be any use!” Hoopa exclaimed. Theus furrowed his brow, studying Hoopa closely.

“If you can bring the Cocoon, a Legend, to Arthus, then you can bring the ship to him. If you don’t give us what we want, Laryon will pull the plug on your Confined self.” He stated. Hoopa gave many reasons as to why he couldn’t help, and none of them satisfied the group of Pokemon.

Arianne, growing tired of this after hearing Hoopa say, ‘My arms are tired and the rings are too heavy!’, said, “just do it. At least Unbound will listen to us.” Aram and Theus nodded to Laryon in agreement, and he pulled the stopper of the Prison Bottle.

Hoopa screamed as purple mist flowed out of the bottle, surrounding him in a dark purple fog. His cries stopped as it completely surrounded him, the bonds falling off of him. The fog began to grow, filling the table.

Theus’ eyes widened as he remembered a crucial detail, and he said, “Hoopa Unbound is massive! We need to get him out of here or we’ll be crushed!” He and Aram pushed the semi-solid mass of gas toward the window, forcing it open. They lifted it up, increasing in weight, and attempted to push it through. It got stuck midway, staying in between the inside and outside. They pushed, and pushed, bending the window frames with the growing Hoopa. They gave one final push, and the developing Hoopa Unbound was shoved into the snow.

After several moments, a massive grinning face appeared on the other side of the window. They felt something grab the sides of the airship, lifting it into the air effortlessly. The face grew farther away, and Laryon could see the full majesty and terror of Hoopa Unbound.

Hoopa gave a deep chuckle, and in a booming voice, said, “I give you my gratitude, Chosen of Arceus, for releasing me from my prison. I will grant you two wishes, one for my release, and one for this time of need. I feel the energy surrounding the Tree of Life, and Arceus senses peril approaching. What is it you command?” Laryon looked down at the bottle in his paws, now voiceless and empty of the Djinn Pokemon.

He came closer to the window, poking his head out. Hoopa came closer, his sharp teeth and evil-looking eyes drawing closer. Laryon gulped in fear, and said, “Take us to the Tree of Life.” Hoopa chuckled, and lifted the airship higher into the air.

“Your wish is my command!” He exclaimed, his four of his six arms rising into the air with the ship, and another two flying outward. One formed a hoop farther down the mountain, while the other shot toward another part of the continent. The airship floated over this hoop, the strength of Hoopa Unbound unfaltering.

The connection of the two hoops was made, and Hoopa’s other arm returned to him. The four arms let go of the airship, letting it drop into the portal, the freezing occupants within feeling a downward sensation. It sunk into the portal, landing in a green field underneath massive boughs.

The ship splintered and cracked, the Pokemon rushing to the deck to avoid being crushed. It slid across the ground, the downward momentum turning into forward force. Pawniard stuck their blades into the woodwork, Magmar clambered up stairs, Pidgeotto flapped upward, and Watchog crawled through the ship. Aram, Arianne, Theus and Laryon scrambled to the deck, watching as the ship crashed along the ground toward a massive, rainbow colored tree.

All the crew made it up to the deck, the lower decks crashing against the ground, the very top the only area unaffected. Supplies were strewn across the ground, varying from food to ropes, wood planks splintered and broken, across their entire path.

Hoopa instantly appeared in front of Laryon once more, crossing his arms and bowing. "Your wish has been granted, Chosen of Arceus. What is your next wish?" Laryon thought of all that Hoopa Unbound could do. He could steal away the Seal of Creation. He could take back the Cocoon of Destruction. He could do many things that were needed in that moment in time.

These thoughts all floated through his head, one predominant fear present. Hoopa Unbound was a mighty Pokemon, able to summon Legends and defeat them at a whim. This could lead to another disaster in the world at some point in the future, where Hoopa organizes and competes in tournaments of strength, and rules the region with an iron grip. Having Hoopa Unbound within the world leads the way to many catastrophes.

Laryon looked at the bottle in his paws, the stopper within. He popped it open once more, holding it out toward Hoopa. He then said, "I wish for you to return to this bottle, to release your Confined self." Hoopa's devilish smile turned into a grimace, loathing the very prison that contained it.

Hoopa then said, "Why seal me back into the Prison Bottle? I can end your fears! I can bring this world back to peace!" Everyone but Laryon stayed silent, not being able to control the Djinn.

The inside of the bottle began to belch smoke, Laryon stating, "Having you solve one calamity will only start another. There is a reason your Confined self loathed being with you for so long, and I'm beginning to see why. You offer your power to anyone willing to release you, so that you may take this world for your own." Laryon held the bottle higher, the mist spilling forth. "I won't let you take Equivos." Hoopa roared in agony, his six arms reaching for his master. The bottle's mist swirled around Hoopa Unbound, taking his arms back into his body. Hoopa roared once more, completely covered within the mist. He shrunk steadily, the mist retreating into the Prison Bottle, continuing to shrink until there was only a small cloud of the purple mist.

Laryon quickly fastened the stopper onto the bottle, hearing the tempting voice of Hoopa Unbound once more. The mist around the small shape dissipated, revealing Hoopa Confined, grimacing in pain. He fell to the ground, doing nothing to stop his descent, landing with a thud.

Laryon hopped down to the ground, as did all the other passengers of the Airship Electivire. Directly in front of them lay a massive multicolored tree, its boughs extending high into the air, shedding their light on all below them. Green grass and shrubbery grew roundabout, the dancing lights of the Luminescent Woods drifting toward the enormous structure.

Laryon ignored the tree and stood over Hoopa, the trickster's breathing slow and steady. Laryon picked him up, Hoopa's eyes fluttering open.

He began to float in the air once more, brushing himself off. He looked at Laryon with a puzzled look, and said, "You could have used me for so many other things...why did you do that? After what I did?" Laryon set a paw on his shoulder, softly smiling, the Prison Bottle in his other paw.

"Because I know you're a good Pokemon wanting to be free of a demon." He looked down at the bottle, then pressed it into Hoopa's hands. He took it, astonished, looking at the bottle then to Laryon repeatedly.

Laryon said, "If you want to help us more, then hide it away, where no one can get it. If someone can control you Unbound in the future, give it to him." Hoopa beamed, and summoned his rings. He nodded, and dropped into the ring below him, it closing and zooming into the distance, returning to its master.

Theus set his paw on Laryon's shoulder, looking at the Tree of Life. Aram and Arianne followed, seeing the scene that lay before them. Sunset drew near, the sun dropping towards the horizon. A feeling of peace overcame them, the beauty of and splendor of the Tree of Life heavy in their minds.

Theus kneeled next to Laryon, saying, "That was an honorable thing you did, but we have other issues ahead of us. Arthus could be here right now; we need to retrieve the Cocoon while we have the chance." Aram turned back to his crew, pointing at the ship.

"Salvage what you can and stay near the ship; Arthus is cruel and dangerous, and I would not want your lives on my head." He then turned to Arianne and said, "It is far too dangerous for one such as you; Dark Pokemon like him are immune to Psychic attacks, and a healer, while useful in times of peace, will sadly not help us here. Stay with the crew; they will protect you." She looked to the Tree, wishing to enter, then turned to the remains of the airship and strode toward it, meeting with the crew.

Laryon, Theus and Aram looked toward the trees past the plain, knowing that somewhere the Cocoon and its carrier, Bob, would be near. An invisible shape rushed across the clearing, a glowing pendant around its neck.

Laryon gasped as he noticed it, pointing at the light. "The Seal, it's there!" He exclaimed, running toward it. Aram and Theus soon followed, the crimson light of the Seal floating across the clearing into the forest.

They followed it, drawing ever closer to the invisible carrier. Theus cried out, "You have nowhere to hide Arthus!" The pendant moved faster, dodging the branches and trunks of trees. Aram punched his way past overhanging obstacles, while Theus and Laryon ran ahead, wanting to catch the leader of Project Empowerment.

Aram was slowed by the lower and lower branches, having to stop and push through to continue. He yelled out, "I have to turn back! There's too many branches!" He pushed his way back, standing at the fringe of the trees.

The forest grew darker as they progressed, the trees growing closer together and the lights disappearing. The pendant continued to dance forward, pulsing red with increased rhythm. Laryon and Theus chased it as fast as they could, but it always stayed just ahead of them.

A large black mass came into view, and the Seal stopped in front of it. Next to the mass was the blubbery body of Bob, resting on the side of it. The black and grey figure of Arthus rematerialized, the Seal in his claws. He turned to Laryon and Theus, a wide grin on his face.

Theus and Laryon stopped several feet away from Arthus, the black mass pulsing with red particles. Arthus held the Seal closer to the Cocoon, and it sent red particles in increased amounts.

"Yveltal shall rise."

Last edited:
Growing nearer to the end! The story will probably be over closer to Chapter 62 rather than 60. Still, it's coming!

Chapter 58

Theus stepped forward, the breeze picking up and the sky turning redder. "Please don't do this Arthus! The Prophecy of Life and Death will not rid the world of evil. You will be the evil that exists in the world." Arthus' face turned grimmer as he tightened his grip on the Seal, pulling it away from the Cocoon.

"You don't think I looked for other ways? I searched for another way for months, while you did your good works in the world, earning your title of Deity Elect." He spat on the ground, saying, "You didn't strive for such as a goal as mine. All you did was impede wrong's progress; horrible acts increase each day, growing to the point where Yveltal has to rise and wipe the world clean, and Xerneas has to start Pokemon over again! I want to end this vicious cycle, making Pokemon that can commit no wrong!" He pressed the Seal against the Cocoon, a giant pulse of energy emanating from it. Shafts of red light appeared across the shell, coming apart and rising into the air.

It continued rising into the air, reaching above the trees and floating high in the sky. Storm clouds came forth, coating the sky in black frothiness. The Cocoon burst with light, and they covered their eyes.

When they opened them again, they saw in the sky a spectral figure. Two wings beat slowly, keeping it aloft. A large tail fanned the air, keeping it stable. The red underbelly pulsed with white energy, threaded with black veins. A puff of grey feathers hung around its neck, the small head craning downward, gazing over the earth with piercing blue eyes. Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon, had been awakened.

Arthus held the Seal up in the air, the crimson light rising toward Yveltal. Yveltal caught notice of it, looking at its holder with his gaze. Laryon and Theus did nothing, too astonished at this turn of events to do anything different.

Yveltal descended from the heavens to the ground, emanating a red light. Bob opened an eye, seeing what disturbed his sleep, and panicked, running into the woods, silently screaming. Laryon held close to Theus as Yveltal came down, the red light withering the trees beneath him, creating a new clearing.

Yveltal blew away the dust from the dead trees, landing on the ground, his wings outstretched. He stooped down, looking at Arthus, studying with his sharp blue eyes.

“You are not the Chosen, and it is not the time of destruction that is to pass. Who are you to awaken me?” He said, quaking the earth beneath him. Arthus arrogantly stepped forward, holding the Seal of Creation aloft.

“Yveltal, Legend of Destruction, I awaken you from your sleep to fulfill the Prophecy of Life and Death! I have a fraction of your power, stolen from you when I communed with Mewtwo, using his Wands of Wishing to my design! Behold!” Arthus cried. Bob burbled from the forest, fearfully watching his master. Arthus extended a hand toward him, crimson energy spiraling outward and wrapping around the Reuniclus. The energy pulsed when it made contact, taking a bright light from the Reuniclus. Bob shut his eyes, the gelatinous substance melting to the ground, his body dead.

Arthus took back his claw and turned back to Yveltal, determination in his eyes. “I want your power, to rid this world of evil, and replace it with life that shall commit none!” Yveltal threw his head in the air and screeched, a sound of warning to all who heard it. The clouds above grew darker, beginning to crack with lightning.

“You are a fool Zoroark. Destruction comes when the world is dominated by evil, not by the whims of an impatient upstart.” He flapped into the air, rising high, white energy surging into his chest. “Such a mind as yours does not deserve Life!” A violet sphere accumulated around his wings, and with a shriek, a violent red beam coursed from the sphere, the Oblivion Wing aimed directly at Arthus.

The Seal of Creation reacted, glowing even brighter, creating a bubble around Arthus. The Oblivion Wing made contact, flowing into the Seal of Creation with tremendous force. Arthus cackled gleefully, pointing a claw as the last of the Oblivion Wing was absorbed.

“The Seal of Creation is the key to your awakening and doom! With it, you become immune to the powers of Legends, and have the power to take them for your own!” Arthus cried. Red energy began to surround him, pooling from his legs and coursing up his body.

Theus stepped forward, charging an Aura Sphere. He let it fly into Arthus, making contact with his chest. He jerked back, afflicted, but smiled evilly.

“The power of Life is more powerful than your pitiful Aura, Matheus. I have accumulated the Life of many, making myself ready for this moment!” Arthus exclaimed. The Tree of Life sent a pulse of white light from it, radiating across the earth, spreading toward the five continents of Equivos.

It came to the ruins of Karyon Village, touching the Tree of Slumber. It surged with light, the leaves falling from its branches and crumbling to dust. The tree glowed again, seams coursing through the bark of the tree. It shone once more this time remaining lit with white light. It rose into the sky turning into an orb of bright energy, zooming toward the Tree of Life.

The light landed in the clearing of the Tree of Life, turning into a deer-like creature. The blue fur and black appendages appeared first, then the black neck and the blue face. Eight massive horns came next, glowing with the colors of the Tree of Life. The Pokemon stomped the ground, crying out to the world.

“Yveltal has come before his time. The Prophecy has begun.” Xerneas stated, despair in his voice.

Arthus shot into the air, the Life energy propelling him upward, leaving billowing crimson gas behind. He rose to Yveltal’s height, surrounded with this Life Energy, the Seal in his clutches.

He charged forward, the Seal extended outward. “The Power of Oblivion will be mine!” He roared. He rammed into Yveltal’s chest, sending out an explosion of energy. Theus, Laryon, and the Pokemon surrounding the airship were driven to the ground, the impact so great.

A darkened shape fell from the sky, its wings flailing behind it. It gave one final cry, falling to the ground and crumbling to dust. A single red orb was left behind, floating in the air. It drifted upward, levelling with the Zoroark in the sky, and embedding into its body. He gave a lurch, the orb tormenting his mortal body. He lowered to the ground, fighting with the power of Destruction all the way down.

He touched the ground, and he stopped moving. He held his claw upward, red electricity coursing between his fingers. He grinned, holding his arm out toward the trees. A ball of violet energy formed and a crimson beam shot outward, absorbing the life of the trees, crumbling them to dust.

Arthus turned to Laryon and Theus, his eyes emanating red energy. He pointed his hand at them, grinning. “Your time has come Matheus. You and all on this world shall die, to make way for the new life I shall create, with the powers of Arceus!” The Seal hung on his neck, the red light dim and constant.

Theus stepped in front of Laryon, his staff thrust outward. He dropped it, forming a Bone Rush in his paws. He rolled his head, cracking his neck, and pointed the bone at him. “I have defeated many Legends, Arthus, and you shall not be different. I am Deity Elect of Equivos, and the Future of Death shall not come!” Arthus roared, another violet ball forming in his claws. Theus ran forward, turning his hand away, the beam firing into the trees. He slammed the Bone Rush onto his head, kicking him away.

Arthus slid back, Life pouring from his shoulders to the ground. He lunged forward, charging toward Theus, his claws extended. Theus held the Bone Rush upward, the slashing claws blocked by the glowing blue bone.

Arthus drew closer, pressing down on the Bone Rush. “You shall fail, Matheus, just as you failed at Quantus Village. The Chosen shall die, the Guild shall die, and you shall die!” He lifted his claws from the bone and dove downward, gouging Theus’ legs with his Life.

Theus cried out, grabbing his leg. Laryon’s eyes shot open as he remembered the words of Arceus: “Protect Matheus from a dark fate by Arthus' hand. Only then will Yveltal be saved from destruction, and the world with it.” Laryon reacted, a Force Palm growing in his paw. The Seal of Creation had a pulse of blue in its center, contrasting with the dominant red.

He landed the Force Palm on Arthus, the blue energy countering his red. Arthus grunted, closing his eyes and cringing. The Seal glowed blue, dimly but surely, as its true master approached.

Arthus opened his eyes, baring his teeth. “You little twerp! I saw you years ago as nothing but a little cub, holding the Seal in your paws like a chew toy!” He held up the Seal, the blue glowing brighter. “I would have fulfilled my plans then if it wasn’t for Matheus’ meddling. You were chosen by Arceus to bring this world the Future of Life, an inferior future that only promises more death and destruction in an endless cycle! I bring it only once, and shall make sure it never needs to happen again!” He held his claw up, the same redness coating it. Laryon ran, terrified of the usurper Legend. He turned back to Theus, seeing his uncle in pain, a cardinal sickness spreading through his limb.

Theus waved to him frantically and said, “Run! Run!” Laryon turned away, choking up. Arthus turned away from him, focusing his attention on Theus.

“He can die with the rest of the world. Without the Seal, he is just a mere mortal. I am Legendary! I am a god! Your life shall be mine, and Arceus shall fall!” He exclaimed, raising his claws for a finishing blow. A pink light shot from the forest into Arthus, sending him flying into the woods, his Life Energy invisible.

Theus and Laryon looked in the shot’s direction and saw a cervine Pokemon clopping toward them, the antlers glowing brightly. “If you wish to live, come!” Xerneas warned. Theus stood up, limping toward Xerneas. Laryon helped him, letting Theus rest on his shoulders as they walked.

Arthus burst from the trees, glaring hatefully at Xerneas. “The Legend of Life has come from his slumber. How convenient. Your purpose is obsolete; Arceus shall be mine, and the world reborn!” He charged another violet ball of energy, aiming it at Xerneas and the two mortals.

Xerneas called with a deep throaty groan, his horns glowing with pink energy. The energy formed into a sphere and blasted into Arthus, knocking him back into the woods. He was driven back, a crimson ray of power extending into the sky.

Xerneas knelt on the ground, allowing Laryon and Theus to clamber onto his back. Once set, he got up, and cantered to the Tree of Life, leaving the Usurper Pokemon behind.

Theus cringed, the crimson sickness extending up his leg. Laryon studied it, seeing veins of cardinal pierce through the limb. “What is this power?” Laryon said, out of breath. Theus panted heavily, feeling a strange pulling sensation in his chest.

“I don’t know,” He croaked, “But Arthus is too strong for me. He has taken too much Life, and there’s no way I can beat him on my own. I never went against Yveltal in my time.” Xerneas craned his neck, the rainbow-colored leaves of the Tree of Life drawing closer.

“Arthus has initiated the Prophecy, and Arceus awoke me to protect him and the Tree of Life from calamity. If Arthus takes Arceus’ power, the world is doomed to one of imprisonment and command.” He turned back to the Tree, the roots surrounding them. “We must counsel with Arceus to determine how we can prevent his victory.” A slab of bark dropped into the ground, revealing a large stairwell. Xerneas entered it, the bark sliding back up into the tree.

Arthus came to the fringe of the woods, undeterred by Xerneas’ attack. He chuckled, looking to the sky, the thunder and lightning cascading down. “Why should I stop my collection here? I have an entire region to take!” He exclaimed rising into the air, a red bolt of light streaking across the sky, an angel of death to all who saw it.

Last edited:
Chapter 59

Within the Tree of Life, veins of multi-colored light threaded throughout, enchanting the structure with otherworldly beauty. Lights danced everywhere, floating erratically in many places. The storm outside could be noticed, heard but not seen, the thunder rolling in the distance.

Xerneas steadily climbed the stairs, his passengers sitting in marvel of the tree. They progressed up the stairs into a large room, naturally formed by the trunk growing around an invisible mass. Within this room there was a single crystalline spire poking from the center, extending to the top of the tree. Past this, a gap in the boughs allowed those within to see the outside. Standing here was the great Myth, Arceus, gazing over the land surrounding the tree, contemplating the fate of his world.

Xerneas approached him, stopping next to the crystal spire. “Father of the world and Legends, I have brought the Chosen and his Guardian. The Usurper has fled to distant places, to collect the Life of the world, Yveltal’s stolen duty.” Arceus turned to him, having a distant and troubled look.

I saw all these things Xerneas. The Prophecy has begun, and now only my Chosen can stop the Future of Death.” Arceus replied, drawing near to Laryon. Laryon pointed to the advancing threads on Theus’ leg, now extending past the hem of his cloak.

“Arthus scratched him and gave him this…whatever it is. What is it?” Laryon asked. Arceus’ came down, looking at Theus’ wound. He stood back upright, looking down at Laryon.

“Yveltal was absorbed into Arthus’ body through the Seal of Creation, his very essence taken from him in the form of a glowing sphere. With it, he has ultimate control over the power of Life, especially in the theft of it. This sickness spreads through the recipient’s body, slowly killing them, feeding the life energy back to whomever afflicted him with it.” Arceus turned away, looking at the crystalline spire. “Matheus does not have long to live. The only cure is to kill the Pokemon that gave him the sickness, Arthus. I am afraid to say that only Legends have the capability to complete such a feat now.”

Laryon was struck by the news, coming down like a hammer on his heart. He looked down to his uncle, shaking. “Theus…will die?” Theus quickly took Laryon’s paw and shook his head.

He croaked, “No…no I won’t. Arthus will be dead before that happens, right?” Arceus said nothing, staring into the crystal.

“The Prophecy states that you can only beat him with the Seal and the Cocoon, both of which he now has. The Seal of Creation was designed to absorb the power of Legends and destroy them, in the case that we should grow too meddlesome in the designs of mortal Pokemon.” He turned back to Laryon his face unchanging. “The only way to defeat him will be to take the Seal of Creation from him, robbing him of Yveltal’s power and any Life he may have; once he stole Yveltal’s power, their lives became linked. If Yveltal is released from the Seal, then Arthus will be forced to join Yveltal in his Cocoon unable to act.” Xerneas lowered to the ground, allowing Theus and Laryon to stumble to the ground.

Xerneas replied, “How to steal it is the question. He has grown too strong, and the power of Yveltal has dulled his mind; he is no longer the Pokemon he was, reasonable and clever. Now he is one focused on Yveltal’s duty to eliminate Life in the world, then take you to create new Life.” Laryon took the cloak from Theus body, forming a pillow on under his head.

“Why would he want to do this in the first place, and how did he even get Project Empowerment to follow him? There aren’t very many who want to destroy the world you know.” Laryon asked. Arceus stepped away from the crystal spire, stomping his foot after. Leaves fell from above, floating toward the prism and absorbing into it.

“Often to find the best way to defeat your enemy, you must consider their past. We cannot overpower him through force, but we may be able to outwit him, especially now that the Seal is in his possession.” Arceus said, images randomly dancing across the prism. Laryon drew near it, seeing the many colors of the tree through the prism.

Laryon looked at the prism, then to the outside, dark and stormy. "There's sure to be more to this than a will to end evil." Theus nodded in reply, coughing.

"Indeed. Arthus was always the logical sort; this is a drastic move for even him." He said, wheezing. Arceus stamped his foot, the images slowing down.

"We must start with his childhood. The Tree of Life holds the memories of all on this world, living and dead. We will find a weakness, and determine what drove him to such lengths to fulfill the Future of Death." Arceus stated, the images finally stopping on one, a visual of two Zoroarks in a humble abode, packing supplies into their bag. It began to advance frames slowly until it sped up to real time.

It was a first-person view of Arthus' life, with him far shorter than the two Zoroarks. His voice, sounding like a young child, said, "Why do you have to go? You haven't done anything wrong!" The larger Zoroark turned to his son, slipping an Orb into the bag.

"We've made some bad choices in other parts of the Continent. We can't stay here anymore, for our own sake and for the rest of the village. They'll think that they had something to do with us because we live here." The father said. The vision shook, hearing a stamp of a foot on the ground.

"But why can't me and Ferrick come with you?" He exclaimed. The mother Zoroark stopped packing and held her son's head, touching it with hers.

"I don't want you going down the same path as us. To tell the truth, me and your father haven't been nice Pokemon. We've tried to change that here in Quantus, but sometimes you can't change who you are." She explained. She stopped hugging Arthus and returned to putting Berries in the bag.

"Your friend, Matheus, and his parents will take care of you and Ferrick. I think they'll be a much better family for you than us..." She added, tearing up. Ferrick's father put a hand over her shoulders, sighing. The vision turned to the round, and they saw the little paws of Arthus, and a tear drop falling to the ground.

The vision shifted to one later in life, still in Quantus. He stood next to a group of adults, them talking about something important. Laryon saw shimmering in front of the vision, and the adults took no notice; Arthus must have been using illusions to hide himself.

"Have you heard about Werik Village?"

"You mean where we get all our wood for building?"

"That's the place. Rumor has it that it was burned to the ground by Pokemon that weren't too happy with their prices. Everyone's supposed to be gone now."

"That's terrible! There really needs to be something to stop all this!"

They heard a sharper voice, sounding like Arthus. "Yeah...something to stop Pokemon from doing bad things...or at least to fix them..." Laryon reasoned that his thoughts from the memory were there too.

The vision shifted once more, changing to one of an empty room, with only a table and two chairs. The door connected to it opened, a Zoroark entering. She put her hands to her cheeks, excited.

"Oh, Arthus, I'm excited to see what you've done!" She exclaimed. They saw the snap of Arthus' grown fingers, and illusions dissipated, revealing an immaculately decorated room, and a lavish meal set on the table.

The other Zoroark beamed, excitedly sitting in the chair. "Is this all for me?" She asked. Arthus nodded.

"I did this all for you Cassia. I appreciate the company you've given me since Matheus went on his journeys." Arthus said, happy but dejected. Cassia stood up, her face saddened, and moved next to him.

"You’re not still worried that he left you for good, are you?" Arthus sighed, looking at the ground.

"It's not just that. I've done so much to help Equivos, yet things still don't seem to be better since I first explored. So many Pokemon needed rescuing from Outlaws and Wild Pokemon then, and so many still do now. What's the point if we can't fix this problem?" He explained. Cassia grabbed his claws, looking into his eyes--or the vision in this case.

"As long as you're helping these Pokemon, it's fine. Good and bad will always be here, no matter what. You can't force Pokemon to be good." She said. The vision shifted once more, to a dark forest, surrounded by purple skies. He stood in a clearing, a single boulder in the center, with Mewtwo on the other side.

"You wish for something that is not willingly given. I hold only four Wishing Wands, and why should I give you the power to use and manipulate Life?" Mewtwo asked, grave and sullen.

"Because I know that you see evil in all Pokemon just as I do. I want to end the cycle set by the other Legends and Myths, and make it so Pokemon can only do good." Arthus replied. Mewtwo laughed coldly, pointing to the sky.

"Your mind used to be so light and wonderful, but I can see that you are steadily going down a path of darkness. What will you do with this power?"

"I will collect Life Energy to protect myself and others. Children are strongest in this power; I will gather them to make an assault on Arceus, and will take his power." Arthus said, hesitation in his voice.

Mewtwo scratched his chin, considering the offer. "What do I gain? I would rather not die you know."

"I will not attack the Isle of Regret when I hold Yveltal's power; you can live among the new Pokemon I create, without the fear that they will hate you." Arthus replied, confident now. Mewtwo closed his eyes, considering, then opened them again, holding his hand out.

"Consider your wish granted." The vision shifted to a bright and colorful room, with Cassia sitting in the center. She closed her eyes, her hands on her legs.

"Why am I doing this? I shouldn't rely on a Prophecy to end evil! She said herself that you can never force Pokemon to be good!"

"Then eliminate Pokemon and replace them with Pokemon that can't commit evil acts! Arceus holds that power, and you can recreate life to be good and only good!"

"Cassia wouldn't approve, Matheus wouldn't either...not even Ferrick. This isn't right!"

"You are serving the world now, not them. The world deserves only good Pokemon; evil shouldn't exist. You are helping that come to pass. You are a friend to the world, and you will bring forth Pokemon that can only do good."

"But why should my friends and family suffer? Why should I force their minds to change?"

"Often the greatest of causes can be seen only by the greatest of minds. You are the greatest of minds among them, and only you can help them see that...through this wish."

Arthus continued arguing with himself, two different viewpoints trying to dominate each other, until eventually he said, "I'm going to tell you something, something very important." The vision moved forward, his claws reaching out and glowing red. They set on her head, and many thoughts went through his mind.

The vision changed to one where Cassia was storming out of a hallway, towards the main exit. Arthus reached out and exclaimed, “Please, don’t leave! I had to do what I did!”

Cassia turned to him, tears in her eyes. “If you couldn’t bear to keep me the way I am because of your selfish reasons, why should I stay?”

Arthus pointed to another hallway and said, “Stay for Erik, please! I can’t control Project Empowerment on my own; I have to keep them in check by letting them raid! This is only temporary; once the Prophecy is fulfilled, we don’t have to worry about any other Pokemon.” He approached her, holding her hands tenderly. “I married you then because I honestly loved you, and I couldn’t bear to see you hating me for my decisions. They are hard, and if there were some other way, I wouldn’t choose it.” Cassia pulled her hands away, opening the door.

“You can care for Erik. You’ve changed Arthus, and not for the better. You see only the bad in Pokemon and never the good, and you have become just as horrible as them. Goodbye.” Cassia replied, heartbroken. The door shut, and Arthus fell to the floor, crying out in agony. The red Life energy dispersed around him, and the vision ended.

Last edited:
Chapter 60

Theus forced himself to stand up, staggering. Laryon quickly wrapped his arm around his chest, supporting him. “I remember that Arthus did have a girlfriend, Cassia, but I always thought she left him after the attack. Apparently, he changed her memory to make sure that she didn’t but her true thoughts came through again.” Arceus nodded, lightning striking a tree in the distance.

“Indeed. While Arthus’ reason may be dulled, there may be a way to bring the Zoroark that you know so well to return to us, through his friends and family.” Arceus said. He turned back to the tumultuous scene before him, and stamped his foot.

Hoopa appeared in front of him, saluting. “You called?” He noticed Laryon and Theus, quickly floating to them. Laryon was glad to see the Trickster, but was a little confused as to why Arceus would summon him.

“Good thing you two haven’t been taken by that monster! I hid the bottle as you suggested Laryon, and not a moment too soon! Just after Arthus came to the continent and began using a strange move that killed everybody it touched! He’s going everywhere!” Hoopa exclaimed. Xerneas stepped forward, craning his head downward.

“We thank you for the news, but we called you here for a different purpose. We need you to bring Arthus back to the Tree.” Theus, Laryon and Hoopa looked at him incredulously.

“Are you mad?! That thing will kill us straight off!” Hoopa exclaimed.

“Arthus wouldn’t hesitate to take us on if he came here.” Theus replied, rasping slightly. Laryon looked down, seeing the strategy that lay here.

He stepped forward and said, “Can’t we use the Tree of Life as a weapon against him? Making him think of Cassia and Theus and other Pokemon can maybe stun him!” Arceus nodded, moving to the crystal.

“Indeed. The Tree of Life has the ability to invoke memories in an individual when near, provided that I will that to happen. Arthus may not be in his right mind, but he would still remember those he loves.” Arceus stated. He turned to Xerneas and said, "You get ready to protect the tree in case our plan fails; Arthus is strong, and I may not be able to defeat him by myself." Xerneas nodded, going down the stairs and out into the clearing.

Hoopa sighed, floating out of the empty space in the boughs. "Guess I better go get the crazy one. It'll take some time finding him, what with his rampage of death and all that, so give me a moment." He flung a hoop into the open, then flung another into the sky, zooming into the distance.

Theus looked down at Laryon grinning weakly. "I'll be fine. I can still fight." He stepped away from his support and punched the air. He clutched his side and clenched his teeth, after, groaning, "I guess not as much as before." The disease had spread from Theus' leg up to his chest, gradually sapping away his Life.

Laryon began to feel more worrisome for his uncle. He didn't deserve to die like this, not by Arthus hand. He may not have been the best family, but he was a great friend, especially after all they'd been through.

He thought of a silver lining, running next to Arceus. "Is there any way you can help Theus become a Legend right now? He could defeat Arthus easily!" Arceus looked down to him, then to Theus.

"Matheus is a good soul, and I know that he is falling to one of evil intent, but I cannot change my word. If he dies by another's hand, he will not become a Legend." He looked back down to Laryon. "He does not have long to live. The Draining Sickness is quick in its work, and would have progressed faster had Arthus cut a deeper wound."

Laryon felt his throat constricting in fear and despair, and said, "Why did you even have to do that! You know how good he is!" Theus rose his paw and coughed, catching their attention.

"How do you know about that Laryon? I never told you." Theus asked. Laryon, thinking of his previous meeting with Arceus, drew closer to his uncle.

"On that night we saved Dente, Arceus came to me in a dream and told me that if you're killed by someone else, you can't become a Legend." Laryon exclaimed. He stamped his foot on the live wood of the tree and yelled, "I don't want you to die!"

Theus looked at himself, seeing the spreading red veins on his body. He felt his strength draining away, and with every passing moment, he felt closer to passing. He felt that his time was coming soon.

Despite this, he said with a smile, "I'll live long enough for you to get Arthus. Just you wait." Laryon sniffed, embracing Theus.

"I know when you lie now Theus. I won't see you after this is over, will I?" Laryon asked, choking up with sadness. Theus rubbed Laryon's head, knowing that he held a legitimate fear. He knelt, ignoring the pain, and held shoulders.

"I might not live, but Legend or not, I will see you again. Do you know what happens to Pokemon who die?" He inquired. Laryon shook his head. Theus pointed upward, where the leaves pulsed with rainbow light, travelling along the length of the tree.

"Pokemon always return to the Tree of Life, and their memories with them. If you ever want to see me again, then return here, and call for Matheus Lucario." He explained. Laryon looked up, entranced by the glowing lights. Over all he and Theus had been through, despite their quarrels and disagreements, he felt more than simple friendship towards him. He was a partner, an ally, a guide, a leader, a humanitarian, and the Pokemon he loved most. He loved Azure as a motherly figure, but his affections for Theus grew from experience, and he knew that Theus loved him as a fatherly figure.

He felt lighter and lighter in his chest, feeling as if nothing was wrong with the world. He began to glow, dim at first, but increasing in brightness. He glowed so bright that Theus had to back away for fear of blindness. He felt himself grow taller, stronger, and smarter, and new ideas came into his mind, as if by instinct.

The light faded, and Laryon looked at himself. He saw that he now had two powerful legs, long arms with a spike on his paws, and long yellow fur down his chest. He wagged his tail, feeling increased strength, and felt his head, feeling the differences from his old self. Laryon Lucario is born.

Theus knelt open-mouthed, amazed about the transformation. He stood up shakily, holding his paws out. He stumbled, and Laryon caught him, amazed about how light he was now, and helped him stand up.

Theus stuttered, "I-I can't believe it! I knew you loved me as family, but not this much! I don't deserve it, not after what happened..." He turned away, shamefaced. Laryon turned his head back to his own, smiling warmly.

In a deeper voice than he was used to, he said, "You are the best Pokemon in the world Theus, and nothing will change that in my mind." Arceus stepped forward, towering over the two Lucarios

"You look and sound like Matheus, years ago. If he were years younger, I probably couldn't tell the two of you apart." He stated. Theus and Laryon looked at each other, the former chuckling.

"He's right; it's like I'm looking into a mirror from the past." He stated. Before more could be said, Hoopa floated in, ecstatic.

"Alright, important news, very important! I found-" He said, before floating around the new Laryon in curiosity. "Nice look, reminds me of Matheus around thirty years ago." Theus clouted him over the head, having little effect.

"It hasn't been that long!" He exclaimed. Hoopa shrugged, eyes going wide as he remembered what he was going to say.

He said, "While I'm excited about all of this, there is one little thing:" He pointed to the outside, where an orb of red floated. "Arthus is here." Theus looked at Laryon with sad eyes, shuffling across the floor and picking up his cloak and hat.

He gave them to Laryon, "Take these. I won't need them anymore. I'm sure that with those you can fool him." Laryon accepted them half-heartedly, knowing what this meant. Theus clapped a paw over his shoulder once more, winking. "Make sure you get my staff back too. I worked ages on that thing." Laryon chuckled, slipping the cloak over his back. He secured it, tying the leather cord over his chest, and set the hat on his head, the ear holes fitting perfectly.

He held out his paw, feeling as if he knew how do something he hadn't been able to do before. He focused his thoughts, and felt power all around him. He saw blue sparks in his mind's eye, and then a full vision of the room around him. Blue outlines surrounded where Theus, Arceus and Hoopa were, and he could see the entire room in this outline.

"Be quick Laryon. Arthus will not wait." Arceus warned. Laryon opened his eyes, amazed about what he saw. He ignored it for now, and stepped to the viewing branch of the Tree of Life, where Arthus floated in the air, empowered by the power of Yveltal.

"It is time."

~~~~

Down below, Arianne and Aram hid underneath the wreckage of the Airship Electivire, shuddering at the sight of Arthus. The sky thundered once more, and lightning struck the ground next to them, dangerously close to Aram's tails.

Arianne looked outside, toward the Tree of Life. She saw Arthus in the air, Life energy surrounding him. To the right, on the tree, she saw who appeared to be Theus, a light-blue energy surrounding him, with Xerneas below, his many horns glistening.

She grabbed Aram's arm and exclaimed, "It's from the legend of Yveltal and Xerneas! My mother taught me this story! A being of Yveltal would attack the Tree of Life, and a being of Xerneas would protect it!" Aram squinted, seeing the resemblance from the tale.

"You may be right. Let us hope that Theus can beat him. He's standing on the tree, looking ready to fight him!" He exclaimed. The crew agreed, nodding their heads and chattering in agreement. A stray bolt of lightning quickly quieted them, and instead hopes that there wouldn't be a fire came from their lips.

Arianne clasped her hands together, closing her eyes. "I know you can beat him Theus…and you too Laryon. There’s always a reason for everything…”

~~~~

On Serenity Continent, the storm raged on, extending from the environment of Deity. The other continents of the world suffered the same weather as well, the nature of the world unbalanced by Arthus’ act of taking Yveltal. Thunder and lightning brewed, flashing across the sky and booming through the heavens.

The members of Project Empowerment weren’t sure what was happening; those carrying children back to Fort Ervine attempted to wait the storm out, hoping that it would shortly dissipate. Others within the Fort wondered why such weather happened in their desolate canyon, after so many years of peacefulness.

Azure huddled in the barracks with the children as they waited out the storm, while Ferrick ordered Project Pokemon to keep watch for unusual activity. The air thrummed with unnatural energy, as if the world would be determined by some small but great act.

Azure took a deep breath, holding Erik tightly in her arms. The Zorua slept fitfully, having nightmares of a certain Pokemon, wishing them to stop. She petted his head, comforting him. “All this will be over soon…I hope.” She prayed within her heart that Laryon would be okay, wherever he might be.

~~~~

The Isle of Regret, unlike other places, was unusually peaceful, with only a dull grey cover in the sky. The rockiness of the isle was bone-dry, unlike most times, and the sole inhabitant was in a peaceful mood…unlike most times.

Mewtwo lounged on his obsidian throne, soothing his psychically produced wounds. The Mystic Orb lay cracked on its pedestal, the gleaming ruby gem scoured by its use. Around it, treasures from previous adventures lay glistening, acting as reminders for the almighty Legend.

Mewtwo chuckled, thinking of what was happening. “Might not have been the best idea to give Arthus that power, but oh well. Makes for a more interesting future. At this point I don’t care if I live or die; Arthus in his state will forget promises he made, and wipe the world clean with his ambitions.” He pointed a finger at the Orb, bringing it closer to him. He set his hands on top of it, and willed it to see the Tree of Life.

“I wouldn’t want to miss the show.”

Last edited:
Our final chapter soon approaches...PMDLU shall have its conclusion in my next post, at long last!
Chapter 61

Arthus hovered in the air, his face unchanging. Below him, a hoop hung in the air, zipping past him and returning to Hoopa, hanging on his horn. He looked at Laryon devilishly, madness appearing in his eyes. A crimson aura lifted off him, reeking of the Life he had forcibly taken from Pokemon.

Laryon stood on the bough confidently, his chest out and his paws on his sides. The cloak fit him perfectly, as it did with its previous owner, Theus. The wild wind blew past him, his black appendages whipping in the wind. A blue aura surrounded him, a light film in contrast to the constantly pouring energy of Arthus.

Arceus stepped forward, stamping his foot. The Tree of Life glowed yellow, sending a beam of light into the air. Arthus looked up at it, his eyes studying the strange phenomenon. His fur was matted and wild, in contrast to the once-composed nature of the Pokemon. Laryon thought he saw a wild Pokemon in front of him, if it weren’t for the knowledge of his theft.

Arceus said to him, “The Tree of Life is now in touch with yours and Arthus’ memories. Be careful when you go against him; Xerneas will provide support while you try to bring his memories to the surface. As Uxie once said, memories are never truly erased; they are only hidden. Let the aura guide you, Laryon Lucario.” Laryon turned to him, nodding, then turned back, looking down below. He crouched, then jumped into the air, landing on the soft ground below.

Arthus took notice of him, craning his head to the ground. He slowly floated downward, seeming aloof of what happened to him. He seemed a far different Pokemon than before; rather than the berserk and bloodthirsty god, he was an oblivious and drunken beast, unable to properly channel his newfound power.

He landed on the ground, padding softly. He stared blankly for a moment, then blinked, shaking his head. He looked around, and realizing where he was, growled.

“Why am I here once more? I have not finished gathering the Life of those in this world.” He inquired to himself, angered. Laryon stepped forward, his eyes focused on the half-mad Pokemon.

He stopped several feet away from the Zoroark and said, “Arthus.” Arthus snapped his head towards Laryon, laughing quietly. The Seal of Creation, hanging around his neck, pulsed blue in a sea of red.

“Matheus, how great to see you again. I thought I finished you moments earlier; I feel your Life flowing into me this moment, and you are not weakened.” He said. Laryon held back the fact that he wasn’t Theus, and pointed to the Tree.

“You cannot take Arceus’ power. I will not allow it.” He stated, aura glowing around him. Arthus panted, a discharge of Life coming off him.

“You have no say in the will of the world. I have taken much, and I feel strong, mighty, and omnipotent!” He exclaimed. The dancing lights of the Tree of Life came from the ground, forming a morbid image. Arthus cackled wildly, using his Oblivion Wing across vast tracts of land, ranging from mountains to plains to towns. Pokemon crumbled to dust under his might, their Life being stolen by the Usurper Legend.

Laryon winced at the thought of those Pokemon dying, the image dissipating. “What will it matter to those you love? If you keep going like this, everyone you love will die.” Arthus laughed wildly, arching back into the air.

“Why would you care! You betrayed me eight years ago, turning from our purpose to rid the world of evil and bring good!” He repeated, almost raving. Laryon could sense a lack of confidence, if only slight, and for a moment, he thought he could see worry in Arthus’ mad eyes.

Arthus curled his fingers, forming a sphere of red energy. “I don’t plan on talking for long; Arceus awaits.” He snarled. He threw the red orb at Laryon, the energy dissipating on the ground.

Laryon focused his will, his aura rising in him. He looked at his paw, seeing sparks of aura forming into a ball. He looked up, seeing a Life Orb soaring toward shim. He dodged it, turning his head, the Orb dissipating into the tree.

Arthus roared, running wildly towards the Tree of Life. Laryon ran toward him, punching him across the face, sending him to the ground. The Seal pulsed with bright blue light, sensing its true owner is near.

Arthus rubbed his jaw, staring coldly at his attacker. “Matheus likes his precious Bone Rush, not simple punches. Who are you?” Laryon held his paw out, attempting to form an Aura Sphere once more.

“What does it matter? You care nothing for the lives here on Equivos…not even Cassia’s” Laryon stated, a tiny ball of aura in his paw. Ferrick stood up in a blur, breathing rapidly. The dancing lights formed an image of him and Cassia dancing, holding paws and moving across a decorated floor, sharing peaceful moments with each other.

Arthus growled, the image dissipating. “How do you know about her? She means nothing to you!” He charged forward, his claws outstretched. Laryon guarded it with a brittle Bone Rush, weakened by his lack of practice.

Laryon pushed him away, dodging the other attacks on him. He said in a rushed but calming voice, “I care because you are not who you think you are! Cassia saw a Pokemon that cared about others, cared about yourself, cared about her!” Arthus rose his claws into the air, his face sinking.

Lights organized themselves into a scene, with him and Cassia holding a tiny Zorua, just hatched. Arthus laughed, as did Cassia, relishing this precious moment. The image faded, and Arthus stared at the ground.

“I loved her…I loved Matheus…I loved my work…” He whispered, the Life fading around him. Laryon stepped back, charging an Aura Sphere once more, the ball bigger this time.

Arthus’ Life grew once more, his anger rising. “That is unimportant now. We all die, and the world starves for goodness. The cycle must end!” He turned toward Laryon, another ball of Life in his paws. He fired it, and Laryon responded by firing his own Aura Sphere, the two energies colliding and dissipating.

Arthus growled, running toward the Tree of Life. Laryon rushed after him, feeling enhanced by his aura. He charged another sphere, throwing it at Arthus’ feet. The Zoroark tripped, falling to the ground.

He got up, spitting dirt. He held his arms in the air motioning to the tree. “Why do you care? What do you gain? You do what you can to prevent evil, and it never works! I have great power, and I will use it to end!” He summoned a violet sphere into his paws, malicious intent in his eyes. He turned to the tree of life, the violet ball turning larger.

Laryon summoned a Bone Rush, pushing it under Arthus and lifting his arms the Oblivion Wing firing into the distance. Arthus cursed, punching Laryon to the ground, his Life rising.

“You are weak, fool. I will not toy with you any longer.” He said, turning back to the tree, walking toward it. Laryon stood up seeing Theus standing on the viewing bough, watching his progress.

“Would Cassia want to see you like this? Or Ferrick?” Laryon asked, knowing that this would have some effect on Arthus.

Arthus stopped, lights dancing around him. He clutched his head, images of him with another male Zoroark, playing a game of PokeBoard together, having a friendly talk. He was also with Cassia, playing in a large lake splashing and interacting with each other.

He cried achingly, “I must serve…the greater good! That does nothing!” He turned on Laryon, firing a Life Orb. Laryon took it to the chest, landing on the ground, groaning.

Arthus ran to him, his wild eyes glaring at him. “You know nothing, Lucario. I cannot turn back.” Laryon looked up to the empty bough, where Theus stood, his features difficult to see.

Arthus turned to see where looked, and sneered. “There is the real Matheus. I tire of him; he has stalled me for too long.” He leapt away from Laryon, clambering onto the tree and climbing upward. Laryon stood up and rushed toward him, wanting to protect the weakened Theus. He launched an Aura Sphere toward him, landing just above the empowered Zoroark. He tried again, landing below.

Theus stepped back, seeing Arthus approaching from below. The Draining Sickness had spread to his arms and neck, further weakening him. He moved toward Arceus, exclaiming, “We have to get out of here before Arthus makes it!” Arceus stood still, staring into the crystal.

“Laryon must invoke a stronger memory within him to truly stun him. There must exist one such one.” He said, images dancing through the crystal. Arthus’ claw appeared over the bough, cardinal energy rising from it.

Laryon took a deep breath and jumped high into the air, landing on one of the lower branches of the Tree of Life. He saw Arthus stretching himself over the edge, focused on Theus. Laryon jumped once more, making it to another bough next to the viewing opening. Arthus clambered on top, standing up and slowly walking toward Theus.

Theus stepped back, holding his paw toward Arthus, shaking violently. “This is not who you are Arthus! Others exist to bring the world to order! You do not have to be like this!” He exclaimed. Arceus continued searching for memories, searching for a way to stun Arthus.

Xerneas clambered up the stairwell, a ball of pink energy in his horns. Arthus took notice, firing a surge of Life at the Life Pokemon. It landed on his head, electrifying him and sending him to the ground in screams of agony. Arthus grinned, looking down at his claws.

“Why should I care? I brought down a Legend with only a drop of the Life I hold. Arceus stands no chance!” He roared. He continued advancing toward Theus, ignoring the mighty Arceus.

Arceus turned to him and roared, his mighty voice quaking the Tree of Life. His arc glowed bright, and spears of light flew from them, centering on the usurper legend. They struck him on the chest, the Seal of Creation doing nothing to stop its blows, its power fading in Arthus’ chest. He clawed the ground, the Judgement of Arceus forcing him to his knees, the force too great.

Laryon made it to the viewing bough, seeing Arceus bring his Judgement to Arthus. He thought of Arthus before he exited and after, and saw a distinct change in his nature. When before he was intent on doing what he wanted, he now seemed hesitant to do what he claimed he would for years.

The Judgement faded, and Arthus stood up once more, bruised and battered. He continued advancing toward the fleeing Theus, who weakly clambered away. Laryon sped to him, leaping upward and landing on Arthus’ back.

“You will not harm Theus!” Laryon exclaimed. Arthus pulled Laryon from his back and threw him to the floor, Life dissipating around him. Arthus stepped heavily forward, something weighing him down.

Theus cocked his head, realizing something. “You don’t want to do this, do you? All of this, when you finally had Yveltal…it was an act.” Arthus shook his head, insistent that that was not true.

“You are wrong! You are against…you…are…” Arthus cried, losing heart. Another memory came next to him, showing him and Theus younger, helping a Roselia away from wild Pokemon joking together about how easy it was. Another memory came, this time of him discovering a vast hoard of treasure, side by side with Theus as they did so.

Theus stopped retreating, this time moving toward Arthus. “You know that who you are trying to be is not what you are. You thought you could change the world for the better, and we did. We don’t need a prophecy, and we don’t need to leave life.” He held a paw out towards Arthus. Arceus did nothing, his eyes unmoving.

“Matheus, think carefully…” He warned. Arthus’ Life dimmed, his will weakening, his motives questioned.

“I’ve killed so many…so many harmed…over these years…” Arthus muttered. He looked at Theus, who continued to draw closer. Laryon groaned, looking up, surprised.

Theus set a paw on Arthus, the red light fading to a steady glow. He smiled, seeing a familiar sight in his friend’s eyes. “Arthus…please, come back to me.” Arthus took Theus’ paw, gently. His eyes closed, the Seal pulsing blue with only a hint of red.

His shot open, wild once more. He crushed Theus’ paw, eliminating the peaceful blue of the Seal, and replacing it with the harsh shade of Life. He jabbed his claw into Theus’ chest, much to the surprise of both Lucarios.

Arthus drew closer, whispering into his ear, “I am friend to the world…forgive me.” Theus crumpled over, turning to blackness, is life being drawn into Arthus. Laryon screamed in pain and agony his paw outstretched and his aura pouring forth.

Last edited:
Chapter 62

Theus landed on the ground, dissipating into black dust, his life transferred into his traitor friend, Arthus Zoroark. Laryon screamed, ramming into Arthus with all his might, shoving him into the trunk of the Tree of Life. He punched Arthus with Aura-Infused paws, the aura sparking with the Life surrounding the Zoroark.

Arceus roared, sending his Judgement toward the Usurper Legend. Arthus held up the Seal, the glowing artifact absorbing the spears of light, all the while taking a beating from Laryon. He laughed madly, the negation of the Judgement bringing him a sense of superiority. He took Laryon’s paw, twisting it, sending him to the ground.

“Why should I deal with mere mortals? The Legend is the true prize!” Arthus exclaimed. He stepped over Laryon and proceeded toward Arceus, the Seal in his claws. Arceus stepped back, his arc glowing bright. He stamped his foot, the boughs of the Tree of Life coming down from above, wrapping around Arthus.

Arthus burst with Life, disintegrating the tree’s limbs in an explosion of red electricity. He cackled, holding the Seal in the air. “Why do I do these things? To complete this world you have made, to give it what it deserves!” He charged forward, the Seal in his claw. Arceus closed his eyes, and stamped his foot once more. The Seal drew close to him, and the entire Tree was absorbed in pure light.

Arthus opened his eyes, half-blinded by the spectacle. He looked down at the ground, expecting to see an orb floating upward, similar to Yveltal’s demise. There was no such thing.

He looked around wildly, searching for Arceus. “Where did you go, you coward! Give me your powers, so that I can fix this world where you refused!” The tree shook, the crystal spire crackling. Arceus’ face appeared within, dark and solemn.

“You have challenged the Legends and Myths, Usurper. And now you shall face them.” He said, the crystal shattering. Arthus could hear the cries of many Pokemon, coming from the north, south, east and west. He stepped outside, seeing beams of light extending from the land, sea, and sky.

He grinned, his Life rising to new heights. “Why just one Creator? I can have them all at my disposal!” He saw Ho-Oh, bringer of light; Dialga, bringer of time; Zekrom, bringer of ideals; Rayquaza, bringer of the sky. He saw the many Myths of the Pokemon world, coming from their realms on Deity and beyond to protect their world and their creations from the Usurper Legend.

Rayquaza came down from the sky, flying straight toward Arthus. Arthus grinned, holding out the Seal of Creation. He thrust it outward, the Legend of the Sky speeding toward it. The Legend roared once more, changing into a green beam of light, then to a simple rushing gem, soaring past Arthus and into the space behind him. The other Legends followed suit, turning into spheres and gems, rushing behind the Usurper Pokemon.

He turned, seeing where they rushed to. He saw Laryon, crouching on the floor, gems flying into his frame. He absorbed their power, increasing his aura and turning it into a blue flame, growing higher and higher. Xerneas cried out from the stairwell, turning into a gem and absorbing into Laryon, giving his power to the Chosen of Arceus.

Arthus quaked, his Life growing and his fury as well. “How dare the Legends and Myths give their power to one such as you? I do what they refuse to complete!” Laryon stood up, his aura growing mightier and stronger, amplified one-hundred-fold by the Legends and Myths.

Laryon his head down, said defiantly, “You don’t get it. We don’t want a perfect world. We want a world where Pokemon can make mistakes, and become better because of it. We want a world where you can have the joy of forgiving someone of something they did, and to love them afterward. You can’t grasp that, because you are focused on when those who don’t forgive or choose to change continue doing bad things.” He looked up, revealing that his own red eyes held an aura of blue, similar to Arthus; blue eyes having an aura of red.

We made this world how it should be.”

Arthus roared in fury, charging toward Laryon with all his strength. Laryon charged forward as well, causing an explosion of purple energy. The Tree of Life shook, a shockwave extending from their first contact.

Arthus slashed with his claws, with Laryon dodging the frantic assault. The Zoroark turned too far, his side exposed. Laryon fired an Aura Sphere at his side, send his assailant flying out of the tree of life through the open canopy.

Arthus fizzled with Life, the power protecting his frame. He fell down the tree and to the ground, landing on his feet, the storm above growing more violent. Laryon landed next to the Tree of Life, crouching defensively.

Arthus charged forward, an Oblivion Wing forming in his claws. Laryon closed his eyes, aura radiating from him. Deep below, the earth shifted, coming to the surface in the form of massive blades. They stabbed around Arthus, forcing him to let go of Oblivion Wing and dodge the Precipice Blades, the power of Groudon.

Arthus snarled, rushing forward once more. Laryon closed his eyes once more, a watery sphere forming around him. He held his paw out, and the water shone with blue light, extending from him and homing on Arthus. Kyogre’s Origin Pulse was with him.

Arthus sent orbs of Life at the homing missiles, the Pulse exploding in the air. He jumped up, sending waves of Life, crackling with electricity, at Laryon. The empowered Lucario absorbed the hits, feeling the pain but none of the side effects.

The Zoroark landed next to Laryon, clawing at the Lucario. One of his arms was grabbed, and he began to feel intense pressure from Laryon’s paw. He struggled to get it free, stuck in Regigigas’ Crush Grip, pulling and tugging. He raised a fist, pounding it on Laryon’s paw. Laryon let go, the sting of Life too much.

The Usurper nursed his paw, rubbing it. A surge of Life energy poured into his paw, restoring it to full use. He grinned, another Oblivion Wing in his claws. Laryon stood his ground, breathing in deeply. Arthus stood ready to use Oblivion Wing, when he was thrust back by an almighty roar from the Lucario, slowing down in time and being repulsed by the distorted stream.

Laryon set a paw on the ground, Dialga’s Roar of Time wearing him thin. Arthus floated in the air, slowly falling to the ground. Arthus chuckled, watching the world go by.

“You are fueled by the hatred of me killing Matheus. He never deserved to be a Legend, unlike me!” He screamed. Laryon growled, purple energy surrounding his paws,

“He deserved to live a thousand times more than you!” He cried, running forward and striking Arthus with a space-distorting punch, Arthus suddenly teleporting into the air.

He cringed, recovering from the Spatial Rend. He was not expecting the use of so many abilities of the Legends. The Seal of Creation acted as a repelling agent toward attacks made by the Legends and Myths, not those empowered by them. He needed to pursue his foe differently.

He fell to the ground, seeing the remains of the Airship Electivire. He grinned, sending jets of Life energy to prevent him from falling to the ground. He rocketed toward the Airship, wishing to exact his revenge.

Laryon clenched his teeth, ice forming around his paws. “You’re not getting anyone else.” He said furiously. He let Kyurem’s Glaciate fly towards Arthus, the freezing power encasing him in ice. He fell to the ground, the icy prison restricting his movements, allowing Laryon to catch up to the Usurper.

Laryon breathed heavily, the Legends’ abilities wearing him out. Arthus seemed to be unaffected by whatever he did; this could last forever if he so chose. There had to be a better way to end this. He remembered what Arceus said: “The only way to defeat him will be to take the Seal of Creation from him, robbing him of Yveltal’s power and any Life he may have; once he stole Yveltal’s power, their lives became linked. If Yveltal is released from the Seal, then Arthus will be forced to join Yveltal in his Cocoon, unable to act.”

Laryon stopped near the cube of ice, where red electricity spiraled from within. Arthus melted the ice, then caused it to crack apart. He broke free entirely, sending shards of the substance everywhere around him. He spat the ground glaring evilly at Laryon.

“Even with the powers of the Legends you are useless. I am immortal, just like Yveltal! You cannot kill me!” He exclaimed, the violet sphere of Oblivion Wing in his claws.

Laryon jumped upward, dark energy surrounding him. Arthus fired his Oblivion Wing, striking Laryon across his chest, while Laryon shot a Dark Void under Arthus’ feet, Darkrai’s darkness enveloping the Usurper.

Laryon felt his aura sap away slowly into Arthus, stopping only after the Usurper fell into nightmares. The Zoroark cringed, his darkest fears realized in the dream world. Laryon slowly stood up, aching from the Oblivion Wing. He stepped toward Arthus, reaching out to the Seal around his neck.

A foot away from the pendant, Arthus awoke, his eyes hooting open. He kicked Laryon away, thrusting him to the ground. He cackled, another Oblivion Wing in his claws.

“Life is mightier than aura! I have all the energy of life, while you only have small glimpse! I shall never be defeated!” He cried, holding his claw in the air. Laryon rolled away as the Oblivion Wing shot down, killing the grass beneath it.

Laryon panted, exhausted by the Legends’ abilities on his mortal frame. He would soon tire out, unable to block the countless blows by Arthus, and the Usurper would finally hold the capability of truly recreating the world.

Dark and light energy surrounded him, and Arthus laughed. “I have won, fool. I took Yveltal’s power by force, and he was made to bring destruction to all!” Laryon growled, rays of light soaring off of him, turning into spears of light as they focused on Arthus, Arceus’ Judgement coming to those deserving of it.

Arthus cackled, exclaiming, “I shall prove to you how powerful I am!” He held his arms outstretched, closing his eyes. The Judgement pierced into his Life, damaging him. The Life quickly returned around him, restoring his power.

He looked to where Laryon was, seeing no Pokemon there. He looked around wildly, searching for his all-powerful foe. He felt a tugging sensation around his neck, and a blow to his jaw, sending him to the ground. A purple wave of energy surrounded him, wounding him with ghostly remnants. Giratina’s Shadow Force had done its work.

Arthus quickly stood back up, seeing Laryon with his paws behind his back. Arthus chuckled, motioning to himself. “I recover from whatever blows you give me. The Life I have stolen restores me. You can never win against me!” Laryon shook his head, a particular pendant hanging on his paw.

“You are wrong Arthus; I have won against you.” Laryon dropped it to the ground, the blue energy reaching new heights. He stomped on the intricate metal work, ruining Arthus’ connection with the Legend of Destruction.

Arthus cried out, the Life Energy drifting off of him and rising into the air. He looked at his claw, seeing it slowly turn to mist, rising with the Life. He reached for the Seal of Creation, his strength failing him as he fell to the ground.

He reached to Laryon, his wildness sinking away from him. “I did…what I did…to help…everyone…” He gasped. In his last moments of physicality, he landed flat on the ground, drifting away.

“Forgive me…Cassia…” He dissipated, rising into the accumulating Life energy. It formed into a Y-shape, then exploded in light, enveloping the world in white.

~~~~

Laryon awoke, seeing a world of mist. Everywhere surrounding him was mist, coating the floor and sky. He felt refreshed, as if the encounter with Arthus had never happened.

Arceus appeared in the mist, bowing. Other Legends appeared as well, bowing and showing other forms of respect. Yveltal appeared in the mist as well, crying out in gladness. Laryon bowed as well, feeling undeserving of such praise.

Arceus stood up, a moan being heard in the air. “You did well to take the Seal from Arthus. He exists no longer, and his work on the memories of all is finished.” Laryon sighed with relief, the mist revitalizing his spirit.

“Thank goodness for that. I never thought it could be done; I could only use your abilities once each after all.” He replied. Arceus chuckled deeply, motioning his head to his fellow Legends and Myths.

“I speak for all of my brethren when I saw we are thankful. The Future of Life has been brought to us, and the Prophecy is fulfilled.” Arceus stated. Laryon beamed, knowing that Equivos would be at peace.

Arceus stamped his foot, revealing the fog on the floor beneath. It turned to the open sky, revealing the five continents of Equivos, surrounded by the vast sea. “What do you plan on accomplishing when you return?” Laryon cocked his head, thinking. He never considered what would happen when they actually stopped Arthus. What would he do?

He had the perfect idea, saying, “I’ll bring back Lucario Guild, and help Equivos recover from Arthus’ destruction. I might as well follow in Theus’ footsteps…” He sighed, thinking of his now dead uncle. He knew he could see him at the Tree of Life, but it wouldn’t be the same. A physical body is better than a mirror image.

Jirachi came forward, floating above Arceus and coming in front of Laryon. He turned to his creator and bowed, tilting his head forward. “I wish to give a gift to the savior of our world, if you would permit it.” Arceus turned to see the thoughts of his fellow Legends and Myths, receiving words of approval. He turned back to Jirachi and nodded in reply.

Jirachi turned to Laryon and said, “I will grant you one wish, and one wish only. I would normally do such a thing once every thousand years, but this is a special instance requiring such a thing.” Laryon knew in his mind what he wanted most, but he knew he shouldn’t be so selfish. So, he said something else. Something just as great.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Legends Unraveled, will conclude...after Chapter 63, the Epilogue of our tale. Tomorrow, the final words shall be revealed.

Last edited:
And now, my dear readers, 'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Legends Unraveled', comes to a close, with this epilogue of our tale. I thank you for any support you may have given, and I hope you shall be with me in my next story!

Epilogue

The Founder’s Canyon glowed brightly with the afternoon sun, flowers blossoming and wild Pokemon chirping. The Heart of the ancient Draco Canyon had been restored, and through vast efforts, been returned to its state from seventeen years ago. Items aplenty came forth from its network of tunnels and caverns, and the wild Pokemon returned, peacefully coexisting with the civilized Pokemon.

At the end of the Founder’s Canyon, the final room was decorated with eight obsidian statues: a Zoroark, Gardevoir, Bibarel, Nuzleaf, Electivire, and three Lucarios, one wearing a cloak, and another with an ornate pendant around his neck. Past the final room was a mighty fortress, built into the canyon wall from the old Fort Ervine.

The walls rose into the air, made of sandstone blocks, turrets extending above the corners set in the canyon. The Pokemon lounging on the battlements all wore yellow armbands, all with a blue flame in the center. The walls surrounded a great lawn, the green plot yielding many berry bushes and walkways, providing plenty of places for the Guild Members to stay and communicate. A fountain near the entrance provided a plentiful supply of water, underground conduits feeding the water into other structures. The Tree of Slumber was rooted in the corner of the wall, the sacred ground providing a place of worship for the Guild Pokemon. In the center of the lawn was a single tower, extending high into the air, while five buildings surrounded it, all in pristine condition.

A Lucario stood in the midst, a decorated staff in paw, wearing a brown cloak and hat and his seal of office, the Seal of Creation, glowing with a soft blue tone. Small teams of Pokemon walked past, giving their greetings to their beloved Guildmaster. He thanked them all kindly, going towards an oval building with a great chimney spouting steam into the air.

The building was divided into two sections, divided by a single wall. The south side was the dining area, boasting room for several hundred Pokemon, scattered with circular tables and chairs. The wall dividing the north and south sections had a massive serving counter built into it, for the chefs and assistants to give and receive dishes from their customers. The Wenstrel Café’s head chef was former Project Empowerment member Gaska Bibarel, happily serving his food with a smile, with his fiancé Sally.

The Lucario exited the café, happy with the conditions set by the head chef. He went into another building, rectangular and with the seal of Arceus positioned overhead. Within the entryway there was a waiting room, and this lead into a variety of other rooms that provided all sorts of healing and recovery needs. The founder, Arianne Gardevoir, took extra care within the Guild to make a specialized system of medical care, wishing to spread her gift to everyone she met, regardless of who they were.

The Lucario briefly investigated the medical bay, satisfied with Arianne’s care. He went to the square, multi-storied building, a flood of children going within. Inside Azure’s Inn and Nursery, many Pokemon travelled to and fro, going to their rooms, dropping off little ones, and meeting with the generous owner, Azure Lucario. She sat at the entrance, welcoming everyone who came, an eager Zorua named Erik assisting guests to their rooms. Behind them was the door to the nursery, where they cared for the children of the Guild Pokemon out on journeys and expeditions. Within, Ferrick Zoroark, wearing a white cloak to hide his scars, watched over them, a tiny Riolu in his arms.

The Lucario grinned, leaving his relatives to continue their business. He went to a small building with a triangular roof, extending down to the ground. Within, a retired Electivire meditated, awaiting a new student to come and learn new skills. He left his old title of Guildmaster on Harmony continent, leaving another to serve in his stead. He wished to spread his skills in adventuring and combat to those who need it before he passed on in the world, his age doing nothing to hinder his ferocity in his Training Dojo.

He marched toward a large circular building, the largest in size compared to the rest. He entered, seeing many groups of Pokemon huddling with each other on tables, discussing plans and strategies. The room held many doors that entered other rooms, living spaces for the Exploration Teams the Guilds housed, extending into a second and even third story, including a basement. The mess hall had two great boards, managed by a mischievous Chimecho, receiving new requests from various Bird Pokemon daily. He passed Rescue Requests on the board to the left, while he put Wanted notices on the board to the right, making easy-access for the Exploration Teams possible. The Expedition Hall was the thriving hub of activity for the Guild.

The Lucario sighed contentedly, seeing his work become fruitful. He left this central room, moving toward the sacred tower in the center. He was met by a friendly Nuzleaf named Nix, the assistant to the Guildmaster. He opened the door, and the Lucario entered the Master’s Tower, the last remnant of Fort Ervine. A ladder extended downward into a vast storage room, tapped into for emergencies and basic exploration supplies, but also for the storage of rare and powerful artifacts not fit for standard use; they could only be accessed with the Guildmaster’s Seal.

He ascended the stairwell, seeing portraits of the founders of the Guild, all celebrating victories and momentous occasions, such as the founding of their beloved creation. At the top of the Master’s Tower was a glass dome, encompassing the top, and within was a simple living arrangement: A bed for sleep, a desk for paperwork, several chests for items and documents, hooks for his cloak and hat, candles for light at night, and a single portrait of a grizzled Lucario, surrounded by his old compatriots. A Magmortar, Metagross, Gengar, Dragonite, Delphox, Electivire, and Lucario all stood around him, with a Zoroark standing closest, all celebrating the initial creation of the Guilds.

On the desk next to the Lucario’s bed was a Mystic Orb with a crack through it, a gift from a Legend, and a rainbow-colored leaf, encased in crystal and still glowing with supernatural energy. He took the Seal from around his neck and touched it to the leaf, winking out of the room and to the Deity Continent.

He appeared in a Tree on a pedestal of crystal, lights dancing around him and multicolored leaves overhead. He saw the mythical Arceus, looking over Deity Continent and his whole creation of the world.

The Lucario stepped next to the Legend, sitting on a chair made from a wound tree branch. Arceus kneeled, watching as the sun set. The light reflected from the Lakes of Enlightenment, reaching the distant Mount of Rebirth, where the Cocoon of Destruction sat undisturbed in the Chamber of Awakening, awaiting it’s time to wake again.

The Lucario took a deep breath, and exhaled, slipping his staff into a hole made by the branch. “Deity is truly wonderful at this time of day.” He said. Arceus nodded in agreement.

“Indeed. I wouldn’t have made it any other way.” Arceus replied. He turned to the Lucario, the Seal glinting in the light of dusk.

“The Seal, even without its original power, still glows. It still remembers its true master.” Laryon nodded, holding up the Seal.

“The Seal of Creation has been turned into my seal of office, the Guildmaster’s Seal. Thanks to your help, I can use it to lock away items too dangerous to be used by the world, such as the Prison Bottle.” The Seal glowed softly with sapphire light, contrasting with the orange of the sky.

Arceus chuckled, looking to the leaves of the tree. “I still marvel at the wish you made, nine years ago. The Usurper was dead, and the world only just brought to peace. We gave you the opportunity to wish for anything, yet you chose what you did.” Laryon chuckled in reply, letting the Seal fall to his chest.

“’I wish to recreate the Lucario Guild of Deity Continent, to provide aid to all who require it, and to wipe the errors of Project Empowerment’s ways.’ It wasn’t instantaneous, but it’s finally done. Everyone is happy, and there is no strife in this world.” He replied. His face turned less jovial and more sorrowful, him taking off his hat and looking at it fondly. Arceus craned over him, feeling his pain.

“I understand. Matheus’ absence still aches in your heart. Why did you not wish for his return?” Arceus asked. Laryon looked to the sky, the dancing lights of the Tree of Life floating across the pristine view.

“Uncle Theus was the greatest Pokemon in the world. He helped so many in his life, and I know that myself after looking at his memories here. He truly deserved being Deity Elect; I would be hard-pressed to beat him there. And yes, I almost used my wish to bring him back.” He set the hat back on his head, Matheus’ old cloak still fitting as well as ever. “I knew that he would want only one thing: to bring back Lucario Guild. It would be difficult, especially with Project Empowerment still on the loose, even with Arthus dead. We would probably spend the rest of our lives trying to rebuild it, and it would never be how he wanted it. So, I saved him the trouble, and wished for Lucario Guild instead.”

Arceus looked back to the sky, deep in thought. “An honorable wish indeed. He couldn’t have asked for more in his nephew. Your parents would be proud as well.” Laryon looked up to the leaves of the Tree of Life, smiling sadly.

“I know they would. Still, it’s not been the same without him. Azure wants to say how sorry she was for thinking wrong of him, and Ferrick too, and Arianne and Aram just want to be with their friend again.” Laryon said, the wind shaking the branches and rustling the leaves.

Arceus stood up, turning to the interior of the tree. “Tell me: how would you describe your longing for Matheus?” Laryon remained in his seat, reminiscing.

“He was wise, strong, and quick. He always wished for the best, even if it didn’t always seem likely. He was airheaded at times, but I often think it’s because he wanted to grow closer to those who laughed at him; he knew that the things he sometimes did weren’t the best things to do. He had a true and honest heart, and while he was sometimes rash, he was always kind to those who deserved it, no matter who they were.” Laryon mused. Lights came from the sky and toward the tree, entering into the room within.

“You know Matheus well. His memories here in the Tree of Life hold true to his character, and I feel your desires, and the others in this world, to meet my Deity Elect.” Arceus replied. He stamped his foot, the wind rushing into the tree.

Laryon turned to see Arceus, dancing lights arranging themselves on the crystal pedestal. Arceus stamped his foot once more, more lights coming from the tree, the leaves above falling and surrounding the formation of the lights. Laryon stepped out of the seat, looking curiously at the lights in front of Arceus. The great Myth stamped his foot again, the lights forming not a group but a single individual, collecting into a single body.

“I hear the wishes and will of this world, and many times I have felt the want to extend my omnipotent hand to assist all with their troubles. I created life to make choices and develop my world, to better themselves and others; I left them to their own to determine their own course in life.” He exclaimed. The lights began to glow righter, forming a familiar shape. The leaves surrounding it turned into multicolored powder, absorbing into the light. “I am not a perfect Pokemon, and so I am prone to mistakes. I never realized this until the day the Usurper came to my doorstep, ending the life of one who did not deserve it.” Laryon’s breathing grew faster, the lights dimming and a familiar figure in their stead.

“I make the laws of the region of Equivos, and proclaim that my condition of Deity Elect be removed from Matheus Lucario, to the wishes of Laryon Lucario and the Lucario Guild.” A Lucario, white and pure where his blue would be, stood on the pedestal, his eyes closed. He was perfectly formed, his tail slowly wagging and his ears twitching. Laryon’s mouth gaped, the excitement of a lost wish overtaking him.

“The Guildmaster Pokemon, founder of the Guilds and a Legend of Equivos, is reborn.”

And so is the Legend of Laryon and Matheus Lucario.

I proclaim this to be the end of PMDLU. I will keep this thread up until May 22nd, when it is required to be moved into the archives. I thank you once again for your patronage, and will see you again with my next story, 'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Forgotten Isles' by Memorial Day.

Last edited:
Congrats on wrapping up your story! You managed to get it out pretty fast.

Yeah, this was pretty fast. Don't expect this sort of pace with the next one however; this took up a lot of free time.

Note: Everyone can feel free to post their thoughts or give reviews for chapters until May 22nd. I'll just post in regular letters until then.

Hello! I'm here for the review game. So... you've published 25+ chaptes since you posted in the review game, so I didn't know if you wanted anyone to review specific chapters. I did already review a fair bit of the fic for awards season, so... here's what I've got for the last ten chapters of the fic and the epilogue, if that's okay.

To start with, the little worldbuilding tidbits and your dialogue are the highlights of the fic for me. I do think some of Arthus's dialogue in the climax crossed over into cheesy, melodramatic territory, but overall, the dialogue felt natural and was a pleasure to read, specifically the interactions between Laryon and Theus.

I'm... not surprised Theus ended up dying at the hands of Arthus, BUT I did also want to point out the use of evolving through friendship in the fic. The fact that Theus evolved due to his friendship with Arthus was bittersweet by itself, but then you went ahead and had Laryon evolve because of his friendship with Theus. The icing on the cake there was seeing how everyone mistook Laryon for Theus. I've never really seen this kind of evolution tackled in a fic, so I thought I'd give kudos for it.

For your future fics, I know you said you plan on planning a bit more beforehand, so I thought it might be worth saying the pacing felt a tad rushed, but not overly rushed. If that makes sense. For battles, my suggestion would be to describe the attacks as they're happening rather than simply use attack names. People's interpretations of attacks can differ, and it's always more interesting to see those interpretations rather than just the attack names as seen in the games.

And again, I want to congratulate on completing the fic and wish you luck with your next project. Seems it's going well so far.

Thank you for your thoughts diamondpearl. I feel like I could have worked on Arthus' dialogue more towards the end, but I think it worked out. Still, I'll make sure to prevent such things in PMDFI. I just barely started writing the actual chapters, but I already feel like its going better for me. With the way I planned it, I have enough wiggle room to add in unique instances, but not enough to diverge into unplanned stories.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom