• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special to air on April 12th on Pokemon Sunday

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
Serebii (and Habu) has reported that, according to Pokeani, the special will air on Pokemon Sunday on April 12th. It'll follow the plot of Grovyle and Dusknoir (as in the upcoming game) and the continuing adventures of Piplup and Chimchar.

All I can say is. HELL YEAH!!!!!

Oh man I am so excited this probably the best thing to ever happen

Last edited:
Great! If only they'd make it a real series... even a short one of about 13 episodes... it could be so good... but I'll take this episode over nothing

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!

PMD2 is my favorite spin-off Pokemon game and I'm excited!

Very nice. I had heard a rumor a while ago on YouTube they were going to do this. I didn't believe it then, since I didn't know they were going to come out with another game. I really can't wait to see this. I loved the Japanese special for PMD2 (really, it was one of the first Japanese episodes I ever watched) and found the dub version kept up fairly well (especially Namba Corphish). Not to mention more Dan Green.

I just realized.

Now that Maddie's dead, who's going to do Chatot's voice. 0_0

My guess would be Jimmy Zoppi, since Chatot sounded close to Meowth, which he has been doing since the move to PUSA. Plus, I think that the only other voice that he would be doing would be Corphish. Still, it's going to be different without Maddie.

Awesome. ^^ Wonder if it'll have to do with Sky-exclusive content, continue to adapt Time and Darkness, or if it'll diverge from the games. Holy crap, that'd be amazing if it went out on the cliffhanger of
everyone going forward in time.
If only because that would secure more specials. I'd love to see this game adapted to the end; it really deserves it.

Also, does anyone care that I spoiler marked that? The game has been out for a while...

I just realized.

Now that Maddie's dead, who's going to do Chatot's voice. 0_0

Plus, I think that the only other voice that he would be doing would be Corphish. Still, it's going to be different without Maddie.
...and there goes my high. D:

Also, off-topic, but LMAO, Jnoo, our avatars compliment each other. XD

Ooh, I wonder if Rachael Lillis will be contacted for a minor role in this special? That would be awesome!! =D

Heh, I still haven't watched the first D/P MD special, even though I have it on DVD (lol). But I heard that Rachael voiced Sunflora or something. ^^

Last edited:
I love Dusknoir!! I'm looking forward to it. The Mystery Dungeon episodes are great. I wish they'd do them more often.

Yay, I have not seen any MD episodes yet, but seems like I should watch this one. I like MD games anyway

As cool as this is...why don't they just make a series out of this series already? Three episodes? Come on. D:

I wish they'd use the music from these specials in regular episodes, instead of regulating them to one-off affairs. There's some really nice stuff in there, particulary the orchestracal Palkia battle theme. They could put that to good use in the eventual Galactic finale, not to mention gym battles and such.

Anyway, I enjoy these specials, and it's nice that there's going to be continuity between this and the previous one. It makes it feel less like an extremely obvious marketting campaign when you've got ties to the past and a little story development going on.
It's a shame the series probably isn't going to get any further than these few specials worth. It has so much more potential than the regular TV show. And it'd be all pokémon, all the time :)

Pokemon sunday? Easter Sunday? What is this shit?? Has this aired in Japan yet? :-(

You don't pay attention, do you?

Jnoo said:
the special will air on Pokemon Sunday on April 12th.

This thread is announcing the Japanese airdate, if that wasn't made incredibly obvious before now.

I guess we're going to actually get a sequel to Mystery Dungeon 2 Special. I didn't think that would happen, but it's a nice surprise.

This will be such an awesome birthday present! :D Yay, I'm so glad there's another one!

Heh, I still haven't watched the first D/P MD special, even though I have it on DVD (lol). But I heard that Rachael voiced Sunflora or something. ^^

Yes, she voiced Sunflora and the older brother Shinx that appeared in the episode (you can really tell it's her with Shinx, sounds a bit like Misty).

Anyway, it would be awesome if they could expand this into a series. I mean, by bringing Grovyle and Dusknoir into important roles for this special, you're basically beginning to reveal the plot of the game. You might as well make a mini-series of it. Or perhaps make a manga like they did for the last games.

Mystery Dungeon wouldn't be popular enough for a regular series, but a few specials about it now and then would be ok.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom