• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Veil of Temporal Darkness (canceled)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
@LightningTopaz
⦁ Mild Violence - Cartoon and fantasy violence are fine in any amount. Blood and gore should not be present, and any deaths should not be violent in nature.

Hello! Greninjaman here! After a while of thinking and thinking, I have decided to do this. It’s based on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I have played these games before and I remember what happens. Here is the first chapter:

“Woah!” A voice cried. “H-hold on!” a second voice cried. “I-I can’t!” the first said. A flash of light. “No, don’t let go,” the first voice said. “Hang on!” the second voice shouted. Another flash of light. “Wah!” The first voice cried. “No!” The second shouted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, in front of a Wigglytuff-shaped tent, a Bulbasaur looks upon the pink tent. “No! I refuse to be paralyzed any longer!” The Bulbasaur exclaimed. He steps on the grate in front of the entrance.

“Pokémon detected!” A Pokémon shouted, the voice echoing, startling Bulbasaur. “Who’s FOOTPRINT!” a second voice bellowed, also echoing. “It’s a Bulbasaur!” The first voice shouted. “Woah!” Bulbasaur exclaimed, jumping back. “I didn’t see that coming. That scared me so bad,” he said.

Using his vines, he pulled out an object from his bag. “I thought I would be able to join if I had this,” Bulbasaur said glumly. Putting it away, he walks off, sad. Just then, a Koffing and a Zubat emerged from the bushes. “Yo, did ya see dat?” Koffing asked his partner. “Yup, I sure did,” Zubat said. “That runt had something good,” Koffing said. “Yes, he did,” Zubat said. “Shall we follow im?” Koffing asked. “Yes,” Zubat responded. “Da chief will be happy,” Koffing said. The two followed Bulbasaur, staying out of sight.

Bulbasaur walked along the path, through a crossroads, where to the west is Treasure Town. He continued on to the beach, where a bunch of Krabby appear and began to blow bubbles. “Wow,” Bulbasaur said, on seeing the bubbles glittering in the light of the setting sun. He sat there for a while, looking at the bubbles.

Just then, he notices something out of the corner of his eye. Looking, he is shocked to see a Charmander laying on the sand. “Uh-OH!” Bulbasaur exclaimed. He ran over to the Charmander as it got up. It looked around and noticed Bulbasaur. “Where am I?” He asked. “On the beach outside of Treasure Town,” Bulbasaur replied.

“Treasure Town?” The Charmander asked. Bulbasaur nods. “Who are you?” Bulbasaur asked. “I’m…Chris,” Charmander replied. “That’s a funny name,” Bulbasaur said. Chris shrugged. Then he realized something. He looked at Bulbasaur. “How are you able to talk? I’m a human and you are a Pokémon,” Chris said. This shocked Bulbasaur. “A-A Human!? But you look like a normal Charmander to me,” Bulbasaur said. Confused, Chris looked at himself and is shocked that he is a Charmander. “How did this happen?” Chris asked.

“Are you pulling my leg?” Bulbasaur asked. Chris shook his head. “Ok then,” Bulbasaur said. Suddenly, Bulbasaur is knocked over by a Zubat. “Woops. Sorry,” Zubat said sarcastically. “Dis ding yours?” Koffing asked. Bulbasaur looked over to see that his rock has fallen from his bag and is now near Koffing. “Give that back! It’s my personal treasure!” Bulbasaur exclaimed. “Nah. We’re going to sell this thing,” Zubat sneered. Zubat flies over to the rock and picks it up. “Later, wimp,” Koffing said. They turned to leave. “Oh,” Bulbasaur groaned.

“What a steal!” Koffing exclaimed. Before Zubat can reply, Chris jumps on him, forcing him to drop the rock. “Ack!” Zubat exclaimed as his body slams into the ground, kicking up some sand. Chris slapped Koffing with his tail, sending him flying into a rock. “Ow!” Koffing exclaimed on impact. Bulbasaur watches in awe. Koffing recovers from the impact of slamming into a rock and charges at Chris, tackling him. Chris gets back up and shouts angrily. Then, he feels something in his chest. It felt hot. It charges upwards through his body and out his mouth in a spray of small embers, burning the two Poison types. The two retreat, shouting that Chris hasn’t seen the last of them.

Chris turned to Bulbasaur. Noting the rock, he picked it up and walks over to the Grass type. “You ok?” Chris asked. “Yeah. They startled me,” Bulbasaur replied. Chris turned his attention to the rock and notices a strange symbol on it. “What’s this?” He asked. “No clue. When I found it, I was interested in what it was. I wanted to join Wigglytuff’s Guild so that I can figure out what it is,” Bulbasaur replied. “Wigglytuff’s Guild?” Chris asked. Bulbasaur nods.

Then he remembers something. “By the way, how did you end up collapsed on the sand?” Bulbasaur asked. Chris shook his head. “Do you remember anything at all?” Bulbasaur asked. Chris thought for a moment. “Nope. Nothing but my name, which I already told you,” Chris said. “Perhaps you could join me as part of an Exploration Team!” Bulbasaur said happily. “Woah! I’m getting recruited out of the blue!” Chris thought, surprised by what Bulbasaur said, “Though, I guess I could join him. Then I might find out what happened,” He turns to Bulbasaur and nods. “All right then! Follow me,” Bulbasaur said. The two left the beach and made their way to the Guild.

There, the two looked upon the structure. “This is guild?” Chris asked, rather confused. Bulbasaur nods. I want to join them earlier, but I was scared,” Bulbasaur said. Bulbasaur stepped forward onto the grate on the ground. “Pokémon detected!” The voice from earlier shouted. “Who’s FOOTPRINT!” a second voice shouted. “Yikes!” Bulbasaur thought. He resisted the urge to jump. “I got Chris with me this time,” he thought. “The Pokémon is a Bulbasaur!” The first voice shouted. “OK THEN! Ask them IF there is ANYONE ELSE!” the second voice shouted.

Bulbasaur and Chris both do as instructed and swap spots. “Pokémon detected!” The first voice shouted. “Who’s FOOTPRINT!” the second shouted. “Uh…The footprint is…uh…Maybe Charmander!” The first voice shouted. “WHAT! Maybe? DIGLETT, this is your JOB! How can you NOT know!” the second voice shouted. “But Loudred, I don’t know what I don’t know!” Diglett called back. “Are they arguing?” Bulbasaur asked. “Sounds like it,” Chris replied, staring into the hole.

“It’s true that you don’t SEE Charmander around these PARTS. YOU may ENTER!” Loudred shouted. Then the gate opened. “Let’s go,” Bulbasaur said. The two entered the tent to find a staircase that goes down into the ground. “We’re going underground?” Bulbasaur asked. Chris nods. The two descend the stairs, entering a large room. The walls and floor are made of wood. There are a bulletin board on each wall on opposite sides of the stairs going up and a staircase going down.

“Wow! This place looks cool!” Bulbasaur exclaimed. “Excuse me. Are you the ones who have arrived?” A voice asked. Chris and Bulbasaur turned as a Pokémon flies from the down staircase and over to them. “Yeah, that was us,” Bulbasaur replied. “I am Chatot. What is that you want? If it’s for a survey or something, please leave the building,” Chatot said. “Ah, we would like to join the guild,” Bulbasaur said. Chris nods. “I’m Chris and this Bulbasaur,” Chris said. Chatot nods.

“I see. Please follow me,” Chatot said. Chris and Bulbasaur followed Chatot downstairs. “Wow,” Bulbasaur said. Then he noticed that he can see outside. “Wow! We’re two floors down and we can see outside!” He exclaimed. “Oh hush! The guild is built into the side of a cliff,” Chatot explained. “Oh,” Chatot guides them over to a large red door. “This is the Guildmaster’s room. Do not cause trouble. Don’t do or say anything that will make me look bad,” Chatot said, rather angrily. Chris and Bulbasaur both nod. They enter the room with Chatot.

Inside, a rather large pink Pokémon stands with its back to the door. “Guildmaster Wigglytuff, these two Pokémon have come to apply and become part of the guild. Wigglytuff does not respond. “Uh…Guildmaster?” Chatot asked, wondering if he dozed off again. Suddenly, Wigglytuff whirled around, startling everyone. “Hiya! I’m Wigglytuff! The Guildmaster. You want to register, than ok!” Wigglytuff exclaims happily, humming as he went. Then he walked over to a large chest. “Seems very friendly,” Bulbasaur whispered. Chris nods. Wigglytuff opens the chest and pulls a small box out of it.

Walking over to Bulbasaur and Chris. “Inside this are Explorer Team Bandanas. Have you thought of a name for your Team?” Wigglytuff asked. “Uh…a name?” Bulbasaur asked. Wigglytuff nods. Bulbasaur and Chris looked at each other. After talking it over, the two have settled on BlazXplorers. “Then you are all registered!” Wigglytuff exclaimed happily. Chris opened the small box. Inside is a map of the continent as well as a pair of bandanas with Wigglytuff’s face on the front of each one. There is also a satchel. Since Bulbasaur already has one, Wigglytuff puts the other one away.

After saying farewell to Wigglytuff, Chatot leads the two out of the room and over to a hallway. “Over here are the dorms where members sleep,” Chatot said. “I see,” Bulbasaur said. Chris and Bulbasaur followed Chatot down the hall and into an empty room. This will be where you will sleep. Tomorrow is when you start. Feel free to get to know the other members,” Chatot said. He then leaves and returns to the Guildmaster’s room.

Chris and Bulbasaur head out to the main area. Just then, a green Pokémon and a brown Pokémon walked up to them. “Hello. Are y’all the new members?” The brown Pokémon asked. “Yes. The name’s Chris and this is Bulbasaur,” Chris said. “Nice to meet you,” Bulbasaur said. “Name’s Bidoof, by golly,” Bidoof said. “Oh my gosh! I’m Sunflora,” Sunflora said. “Should we give them a little tour by golly?” Bidoof asked Sunflora. “Why yes! Oh my gosh! After all, before you two came, we were the newest members! Oh my gosh!” Sunflora said, waving her leaves up and down. Bidoof looked around. “As you know, that door there is the Guildmaster’s room,” Bidoof said, gesturing over to it. “The stairs are over there,” Sunflora said, pointing to them with her leave.

“Who’s FOOTPRINT?” Shouted a voice, startling the four Pokémon. Chris looked around and noticed a blue Pokémon standing near a hole. “It’s a Raichu!” Came a voice echoing from the hole. After regaining her composure, Sunflora looked at Chris and Bulbasaur. “That’s Loudred. He and Diglett are the gate guards,” She said. Sunflora then gestured over to a wall where a purple froglike Pokemon is sitting by a metal container. “Croagunk over there is a creepy Pokémon. It’s enough to make me go ‘eek’.” Sunflora said. “He just hangs out here, messing with that cauldron, by golly,” Bidoof said.

At that moment, a Pokémon flies in from a room on the opposite side of the room from the dorms, there Chris and Co are. “Hello everyone. Dinner is ready!” the Pokémon said. The Pokémon all cheered. “That’s Chimecho. She prepares the meals every day, by golly,” Bidoof said. Everyone goes into the dining hall and starts eating.

As he ate, Chris noticed another Pokémon at the table: A brown Pokémon. “Is that Diglett?” Chris asked Sunflora. “No. That’s Diglett’s father, Dugtrio. Diglett’s the one next to them,” Sunflora replied as she munched on a berry. Chris nods. “So many Pokémon,” Bulbasaur said. Chris nods.

That night, Bulbasaur looked out the window. “Our adventures begin tomorrow, Chris,” Bulbasaur said. “Yeah. Perhaps we’ll learn about how I wound up on that beach with amnesia and learn more about your rock,” Chris said. Bulbasaur nods. The two then went to sleep on their straw beds.

That's the end of the first chapter. Chapter 2 will come when I finish it.

Last edited:
Hallo, GM. May I suggest that your title and opening notes reflect the story's "selling point" in some way? There are thousands of PMD fics, and potential readers need to know what's interesting and different about your work before they invest time in reading it.

Hallo, GM. May I suggest that your title and opening notes reflect the story's "selling point" in some way? There are thousands of PMD fics, and potential readers need to know what's interesting and different about your work before they invest time in reading it.
How?

Edit: changed title.
Edit 2: added to the opening notes.

Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
@LightningTopaz
Chapter 2: First Day at the Guild
“HEY! WAKE UP!” came Loudred’s voice, startling Chris and Bulbasaur. “Ow, my head. What a loud voice,” Chris groaned. “My ears,” Bulbasaur groaned. “You’re late for the morning GATHERING! If you don’t HURRY, Wigglytuff will NOT be happy, which is a scary thought,” Lauded said, looking back towards the main room. He then leaves. “Ow. What did he say?” Bulbasaur asked. “Something about being late,” Chris replied, his ears still ringing. The two get up. Then they went out to the main room, where the others are. “You’re LATE, rookies!” Loudred shouted. “Your voice is so loud,” Chatot groaned. “Humph,” Loudred said.

Wigglytuff then emerges from his room. “Now that we have all gathered, the Guildmaster has a few words to say,” Chatot said. “Do your best today, just like always. Work hard to make the world a safe place and make our Guild the best in the world,” Wigglytuff said. The group cheered. Once the group dispersed, Chatot approached Chris and Bulbasaur. “Today is the day you start. Please follow me,” Chatot said. Chris and Bulbasaur followed Chatot to the floor above. Over at the bulletin board on the left side of the stairs, Chatot looked at it. This here is where we get requests for finding a missing Pokémon or a lost item,” Chatot said. “I see,” Bulbasaur said.

Chatot looks at the board for a moment and pulls off one of the requests. “Here’s an easy one for you,” he said. Chris takes it and gives it a look. “Seems like a Spoink dropped his pearl at the Drenched Bluff,” Chris said. “What!? We’re going to look for something someone dropped? I want to explore old ruins and hunt for treasure,” Bulbasaur said. “Well, we have to start you with something simple,” Chatot said. Bulbasaur nods. “Carry on,” Chatot said. He heads back upstairs. "Let’s go,” Bulbasaur said. Chris nods. The two friends went upstairs to the main entrance and went down to the crossroads.

“Chris, let’s stop at Treasure Town to gather supplies,” Bulbasaur said. Chris nods. “Perhaps I can give you a tour, yup, yup,” Bidoof said as he walked up to them, Sunflora and a Corphish behind him. “Hey, hey! I’m Corphish. Sorry about not introducing myself yesterday,” Corphish said. “It’s fine,” Bulbasaur said. “Nice to meet you anyway,” Chris said. The group heads into town, which is a small town.

“Treasure Town has several shops that will be helpful, by golly,” Bidoof said. “Yeah. The Kecleon brothers sell a variety of berries at their shop. There’s also the Kangaskhan Storage, where you can store your stuff,” Bulbasaur said. “Spinda’s Café is a very popular place to relax. Why, I go there before and after an adventure,” Sunflora said, pointing to the café with a leaf. Chris looked at the café. It’s a large wooden building with an image of a Spinda on the front, holding a drink. The group went over to the café and entered it.

Inside, Chris looked around. The room is a large circle. There are many tables and log seats. Chris also noted the many Pokémon interacting and have a drink. The group went over to a table. After a while, a blue blob-like Pokémon approached them. “Hello. I am Wobbuffet. I shall be your waiter,” he said. “I’ll have the Oran Juice,” Bidoof said. “Same here,” Sunflora said. Chris and Bulbasaur also ordered the Oran Juice. Wobbuffet walked back to the counter to get the drinks.

After a minute, a Wynaut walked up to the table, carrying a tray with four ups on it. “Enjoy,” he said, giving the group their drinks. “Thanks,” the group said. “So, uh what’s the job you guys got?” Bidoof asked. “We’re going to the Drenched Bluff. A Spoink dropped his pearl there,” Bulbasaur replied. “Sounds interesting,” Bidoof said. “Yeah, though I would rather be exploring some ancient ruins,” Bulbasaur said. After finishing their drinks, the group left the café.

As Chris nears the door, he bumps into an Azurill as he and his brother, Marill, are entering. “Sorry,” Chris said. “That’s ok,” Azurill said. The two continued into the cafe. Just then, Chris started to feel dizzy. “What?” He thought.

Then he faintly hears a voice: “H-H-Help!” it cries. “What was that?” Chris thought. “Chris, what’s wrong?” Bulbasaur asked, poking him with a vine. Chris looked at Bulbasaur. “Didn’t hear that just now?” He asked. “I didn’t hear anything,” Bulbasaur replied. “I didn’t hear anything either,” Sunflora said. “Same here, by golly,” Bidoof said. “Must have imagined it,” Chris said. “Let’s go to the Drenched Bluff,” Bulbasaur said. Chris nods. The two set off for the bluff after buying some supplies at the shop.

At the bluff, which is a rocky area near a cliff overlooking the see, the two looked around for the pearl. “Shouldn’t be too hard to find,” Bulbasaur said. “Should stand out among the rocks,” Chris added. “Yeah,” Bulbasaur said. “What was that scream? Is someone in trouble?” Chris asked himself as he looked, doing his best to not show that he is still bothered by what had happened.

“Found it!” Bulbasaur called. Chris turned to see him walking over to him, the pearl wrapped in his vines. “It was among some rocks near the fountain. How did Spoink not see it there?” Bulbasaur asked. “Must not have noticed that it was there,” Chris said. “Yeah,” Bulbasaur said. The two made their way back to the guild. There, they inform Chatot of their success in the mission. After a few minutes Spoink arrived at the guild alongside a Grumpig.

“Thank you, Thank you,” Spoink said. “No problem,” Bulbasaur said. “Thank you for helping my son. Here are some berries as thanks,” Grumpig said. “It’s our pleasure to help,” Chris said. Bulbasaur nods. Grumpig also handed the two a sack of Pokos. “Here, two thousand Pokos,” he said. “Wow! For us?” Bulbasaur exclaimed in surprise. “Wow,” Chris said. Grumpig nods. “It’s the reward for finding the Pearl,” Grumpig said. The two then left the guild.

“Excellent work you two. Now, please hand over the money,” Chatot said. “Wait, what?” Bulbasaur asked, shocked by this. “This is how we make money to run the guild. Here’s your payment,” Chatot said. “What! 200?” Chris exclaimed. “Yes. Ninety percent of the reward goes to the guild,” Chatot said. “Oh,” Bulbasaur said sadly.

“You can use the Duskull Bank to store money for use later,” Chatot said. Bulbasaur nods. Heading back into town, the two went over to the bank. “Thank you for your business,” Duskull said in a slightly haunting voice. “No problem,” Chris said, a little creeped up by the ghost type. He turns and walks over to Bulbasaur who insisted on waiting at the entrance. The two went back to the guild and had dinner.

That night, the two looked out the window. “Man. Our first job went great. Sure, it’s a bummer the guild took most of the money,” Bulbasaur said. “They have to do what they need to do maintain the guild,” Chris said. Bulbasaur nods. “I wonder what will happen tomorrow,” Chris said, “Yeah,” Bulbasaur responded. The two went to sleep.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom